• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your biggest turnoff?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
That's not racist. That's ethnocentrism. That's just as bad, and just as unimaginative. Why don't you fight against your upbringing and your ingrained traits and actually be a person? Instead of a person who plays a predictable role?

You're an automaton to me.
Excuse me? Ethnocentrism includes religion within its definition and you're quite guilty of expressing your elitist attitude towards the religious group. (Though I too am guilty of this). However, instead of passing off hypocritical judgment on others, I prefer to simply live by my own preferences. If they're not hateful I don't see why I can't have my own specific likings. :/ yeesh.

Like, when I'm talking to a girl and I mention that when i was a kid I had Shrimp Crackers a lot, and she's like "omg me too!" or just singing a classic chinese children's song together that we both learned when we were kids. Or when we talk about how we get verbally abused for no good reason because you just never live up to the expectations. Just....small things like that. I totally get turned on. x3

It's just not the same with a girl who wasn't Asian. It's weird to explain I guess.

D:<

no but seriously, why you gotta be so mean :<

Superspright

Smash Lord
Excuse me? Ethnocentrism includes religion within its definition and you're quite guilty of expressing your elitist attitude towards the religious group. (Though I too am guilty of this). However, instead of passing off hypocritical judgment on others, I prefer to simply live by my own preferences. If they're not hateful I don't see why I can't have my own specific likings. :/ yeesh.

Like, when I'm talking to a girl and I mention that when i was a kid I had Shrimp Crackers a lot, and she's like "omg me too!" or just singing a classic chinese children's song together that we both learned when we were kids. Or when we talk about how we get verbally abused for no good reason because you just never live up to the expectations. Just....small things like that. I totally get turned on. x3

It's just not the same with a girl who wasn't Asian. It's weird to explain I guess.

D:<

no but seriously, why you gotta be so mean :<
I don't believe that being religious or not religious is a superior point of view. I just know that a non-religious view is often more accurate to the world that I experience and live in. I have never been opposed to deism even though it is philosophically as doomed as any other belief in a higher power--Occam's razor anyone? But ultimately, some religious or non-religious views can still be stupid as hell.

Well, maybe I am just really weird, but I can date any ethnicity from any culture and I can enjoy them entirely. The way I feel is that anyone should be capable of that--and anything less is not discrimination, but certainly a lack of imagination. My experiences are not so unique that I cannot find links between myself and others--the human condition is brilliant, and deep, and I like to immerse myself in as many shades of it as possible. So, I do not like to date one ethnicity, or one culture, or one anything.

I'm sure me and you for instance have a plethora of things in common if we took the time to talk. But, I am also multidimensional--and I respect all cultures.

Look, guys. This thread was not intended to offend anyone. I just thought that it would be an interesting topic. No need to go waging war over differing opinions. To each his own. I apologize if anyone did get offended by it. Oh, and by the way Superspright, I AM a girl.

One of the interesting things about being a feminist is that I don't have to view you being a woman as a determining factor in your intelligence. You can be just as smart, or as stupid as a guy in my world--and vice versa. But, I just am sick and tired of girls being told silly things like what is a turn off and what isn't. Every culture is wildly different. In some cultures women are fattened before marriage [Some tribe in Africa, I forget...sorry]. In others women who are emaciated [America] are seen as beautiful. In some, women who are as fair as a snow flake are seen as gorgeous [Korea I believe].

So talking about turn offs is stupid. It's all relative to how these poor little saps grew up and developed their sexuality. I mean, in some places they don't care if women don't shave their pits or whatever--it is natural to them. Why shave it?

So yeah, I do not understand this topic at all. It is stupid. Go take an anthropology course or something.

S l o X

Smash Champion
deleted religious stupid stuff rant about victra idiot D: wtf >_>
Shut up about the sexist ****. Go die in a housefire or something. Nobody but YOU (Super...) brought that up and its not an argument. Your stating your opinion where nobody is asking or even cares. Get this **** out of here.

rebelol.
-
Don't be a ***** about everything. Thats the biggest turnoff EVER. (friendships, relationships...in general)

Superspright

Smash Lord
Shut up about the sexist ****...yet I just said I was a feminist.

Well gee golly someone doesn't have reading comprehension. gtfo.

Also, I don't need relationships with people who are borderline ******** like you. So feel free to hate on me.

But actually, I am not being fair. I actually like people who have mental *********** or autism. They are a hell of a lot better to talk to than you. So, I apologize for saying ********.

And why does everyone think I am stating my opinions? I don't hold any opinions at all. I hold facts. Go look up what I talk about and you'll know what I mean. Stupid little 15 year olds...

sammy p

Smash Lord
woah whatd i miss here??? this thread is getting a little crazy!

back on topic, girls who LOVE drama. i HATE it! ive lived that my whole life so far with family, and friends, both boys and girls. i need someone who could care less about what other people think about them. just ignore other people and live your life

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs &amp; FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
You're off by a factor of 2. And, I get more ***** than Genghis Khan.
WTF?! Was that not just a sexist statement? Seriously, I was trying to end this ridiculous tangent that we went on. But you insist on proving your point with irrelevant arguments. Obviously Superspright, you are a learned individual and I respect that. Please abstain with the antagonism.

Oracle

Smash Master
God victra you're so weird.
jk I still <3 you :3

On topic: When they whine for attention. I know everyone needs attention, but it just gets annoying to hear you whine about your life just so someone can comfort you

S l o X

Smash Champion
Shut up about the sexist ****...yet I just said I was a feminist.

Well gee golly someone doesn't have reading comprehension. gtfo.

Also, I don't need relationships with people who are borderline ******** like you. So feel free to hate on me.

But actually, I am not being fair. I actually like people who have mental *********** or autism. They are a hell of a lot better to talk to than you. So, I apologize for saying ********.

And why does everyone think I am stating my opinions? I don't hold any opinions at all. I hold facts. Go look up what I talk about and you'll know what I mean. Stupid little 15 year olds...
im 16 (: ;DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd

Thatfatcat

Smash Apprentice
Ugly chicks who think they're pretty and take loads of mirror pictures of themselves.

Exibit A)

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
Firstly, racism is a learned behavior. Trust me. You learned how to be a racist--no one is born that way. Haha.
Even still, we are all somewhat racist, even if it is tiny.

And, atheism is not a religion. Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair color--I'm sure we've all heard that a thousand times. Science is nothing at all like dogma. I am unsure of where you get that notion from, but I am sure that you're another person who thinks that the colloquial definition of theory is the same as the scientific definition.
Buddhism is an atheistic religion. Atheism is RELIGIOUS BELIEF, not religion. Even still, these people do actually treat science as a way of disproving God, which irritates me! I know science is limited, it can't even answer questions answered by 5 YEAR OLDS (Why am I here? What should I be doing? What is the meaning of life?)

I am just really sick of racists who try to say "Hey, it's natural!" It's not. You're just a piece of garbage who cannot wrap their head around different concepts. You're limited, and weak.
I am racist in the sense that I love offensive jokes! I am not actually a person who will discriminate someone, because of their race.

I gotta say, if I was a girl, I wouldn't date most of you. Racists, and people who don't understand science or rational thought? Count me out. You're all the reason why women are turning gay and bi. Who would want to date scum?
Science has a limited bubble of operation! Can you use science to prove morality? Doubt it. I once was an atheist, but I consider deism much more rational than lack of deities.

I would date scum XD

But one thing to add: Why are we discussing our turn offs here? Like, don't women have enough problems trying to feel good about themselves? Whatever, clearly no one here is a feminist. Or a humanist for that matter.
So?

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Someone tell me how a turnoff thread turned into a religious/racism discussion.

EDIT: I find it interesting that there are many stories of how some atheists find believe in design and some believers become atheist.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
religous, overbearing, can't deal with their own ****, too many emotional problems, too much bs in their life, never wants to chill/do anything fun, mad flaky, doesn't wanna try anything, trying cutesy ****, being a *******, hardcore high school mentality

Thatfatcat

Smash Apprentice
Turn offs (for serious, this time)

-Women with no decency
-Stupid women
-Needy woman
-Women who think they are "the shizz"
-Women who don't use proper grammar
-Women who can't hold an intelligent conversation
-Women who think that they are in charge (I'm all for equality in a relationship)
-Women who think it's okay to go through your cell phone while you're driving.

Basically. My ex girlfriend. >_<

Suspect

Smash Hero
Turn offs (for serious, this time)

-Women with no decency
-Stupid women
-Needy woman
-Women who think they are "the shizz"
-Women who don't use proper grammar
-Women who can't hold an intelligent conversation
-Women who think that they are in charge (I'm all for equality in a relationship)
-Women who think it's okay to go through your cell phone while you're driving.

Basically. My ex girlfriend. >_<
Ugly chicks who think they're pretty and take loads of mirror pictures of themselves.

Exibit A)

I bet this is your ex huh?

id hit it

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
My two favorite things are commitment and changing myself

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Firstly, racism is a learned behavior. Trust me. You learned how to be a racist--no one is born that way. Haha. And, atheism is not a religion. Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair color--I'm sure we've all heard that a thousand times. Science is nothing at all like dogma. I am unsure of where you get that notion from, but I am sure that you're another person who thinks that the colloquial definition of theory is the same as the scientific definition.

I am just really sick of racists who try to say "Hey, it's natural!" It's not. You're just a piece of garbage who cannot wrap their head around different concepts. You're limited, and weak.

I gotta say, if I was a girl, I wouldn't date most of you. Racists, and people who don't understand science or rational thought? Count me out. You're all the reason why women are turning gay and bi. Who would want to date scum?

But one thing to add: Why are we discussing our turn offs here? Like, don't women have enough problems trying to feel good about themselves? Whatever, clearly no one here is a feminist. Or a humanist for that matter.
People who u mad ad nauseam. *points above*

Also, you DO realize that there are women in this very thread, correct? The internet is not devoid of women.

So, add hypocrites to that list too. And people who complain about things but don't gtfo and just sit there whining. (If you hate this forum so much, then go away.)

Oh yeah, and elitists. You know, I disagree with most religions, or all, depending on your definition of religion (I'm agnostic), but I don't have an incessant need to correct everyone and tell them how misinformed they are, because I don't believe I have all of the answers.

Get off your high horse and/or leave if this forum is so below you.

(These are legitimately turn-offs, not even just for romantic relationships, but for people in general. Which is probably why I tend to dislike many people that I meet.)

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
hahaha women have feelings? You feminist crack me up!

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
This thread...is silly.

Biggest turnoff is when a girl is taller than me. That's like, hardcore intimidating.

BurningSoul

Smash Cadet
My biggest turn off is when a girl is very typical to society, like shoes and pop culture unless it involves gaming and anime which is atypical of the girls I normally see in real life. And if that doesn't count, then my biggest turn off would be obsessive behavior. My ex was like that. Still creeps me the *#$% out. ._.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
I'm turned off by people who claim they know everything about a specific subject, yet they are really ignorant about the facts in it.

Top Bottom