• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What hasn't been hacked?

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
How about snapshot codes with real pictures?
I'd like to have snapshots of Brawl Plus, Minus, Balanced and "Machinima"
I can't put them all in the snapshots because I can't identify each mode since they're all jitter noise.

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
How about snapshot codes with real pictures?
I'd like to have snapshots of Brawl Plus, Minus, Balanced and "Machinima"
I can't put them all in the snapshots because I can't identify each mode since they're all jitter noise.
even though this is a good idea, snapshot loading is obsolete. Usb/backup can run gameconfig.txt and over 9000 codes now, so the only reason for that would be to have multiple code sets, and thats (already?) possible by that one multiple gct loader.... i forget what its called and im too lazy to go find it....

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Well, yeah, except Neogamma is the only one that supports the new lines of code, and it has a glitch that prevents you from accessing your SD card, meaning textures and edited PACs don't work.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
why am i not informed of this kind of useful information? i thought openSA2 (which hasn't been released) was the only thing capable of editing nana, but we can hex it? how would that be done and would it be possible to add new things (such as hitboxes, and other things) or is it only possible to edit due to the pointers and offsets?
There's a reason that OpenSA can do it, because its possible in hex

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9157464&postcount=427

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Search this Thread: "SSE"
No matches were found.

So, the SSE has hardly received any extensive hacking attention beyond taking pieces of levels and turning them into standard stages (which is pretty awesome). I guess that's probably because of the lack of value in it compared to anything else Brawl hacking has to offer. In the case of NSMBW, levels are your only method of entertainment value and therefore, level editors have much higher hacking value. Plus, from what I've read about the SSE, most of the formatting and structuring for the stages suck and are a pain to modify D:

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
The Clone Engine is still not out.

Who's in charge of that and why isn't it done yet?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
The Clone Engine is still not out.

Who's in charge of that and why isn't it done yet?
Phantom Wings. He's never on though, and when he is he sneaks in like a ninja and surprises us all.

And be patient, it's not something that he can do overnight >.>

Brizzle

Smash Cadet
Well by the time I found this thread, everything had been said. I still feel the need to add to the list o things that haven't been hacked, so here goes: Masterpieces. That's all I got.[/fail]

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
am I just tired or would this be kinda awesome?

Has anyone created a way to have a CPU repeat a set of commands that had been previously been input by the player? (I'm thinking for training mode purposes)

like this: instead of setting the CPU to "walk" or "dodge", set it to "record". This would make it copy the list of commands you had performed, so when you do (and hit: (A) [*pause*] (Grab) [*Pause*] (Up)+(B)) the CPU performs a (hopefully endless) string of a single jab, grab, and up-b. Similar systems are in some other games, and I think with the built in replay feature there would be some trick to exploit recorded commands to our advantage...

(If this wasn't possible to do for training mode, because you cannot normally record it(?) could it be changed to edit a specific CPU level into being like this?)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'm actually concerned for PAL on the whole coding front. Japan is pretty lucky...

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
****ing.

Wifi.

Timer.

WHY HASN'T IT BEEN CHANGED!? FFFFFfFfFFFf.

Really, all we need is to give it more time. (If there was a way to tell what char/team your opponent chose I'd be amazed. :p)

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I don't see why they haven't made this yet, it looks simple enough (in the eyes of a non-coder)
-Buffer in ALL modes
-No Items in ALL modes

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I know someone mentioned 'working on it' ages ago so it might have been done and I've just missed it, but has there been a 'sound efects swap' finished? I'd love to swap the voice acting of the space animals with their voices from StarFox 64.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Can't let you do that, StarFox!

I...can't...looooooooose!

You're good...but I'm better!

Need I go on? ;)

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I know someone mentioned 'working on it' ages ago so it might have been done and I've just missed it, but has there been a 'sound efects swap' finished? I'd love to swap the voice acting of the space animals with their voices from StarFox 64.
VILE actually finished the sound effects guide a little bit ago... the main problem is making them play from the SD card, which Phantom Wings released w/ FPC 4.0 beta, but was really buggy.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
And I'll assume it was never perfected. Drat. Know where I can find what was finished?
Phantom Wings hasn't been on in a month and a half, probably busy with life. When he does, he'll probably show up unexpectedly with a Clone Engine and a working File Patch 4.0 that plays sounds from the SD card without freezing. xD

The code's here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=253860

yoichX

Smash Apprentice
I hope they make a hack whitch allows you to play as your mii >.> of course you would have to put in all the moves and stuff but still it would be cool :p

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Interesting idea, but is it posible that when a character dies, a different character appears? To clarify, in Soul Calibur 2 there was a character named Charade, and every match (or stock) he would be a different character. Is this something that could be done?

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Well... You could just replace Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur and then pick PT. Other than that, no. We really don't understand enough of how characters are loaded, and on top of that we know a lot of it is hard-coded.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Phantom Wings hasn't been on in a month and a half, probably busy with life. When he does, he'll probably show up unexpectedly with a Clone Engine and a working File Patch 4.0 that plays sounds from the SD card without freezing. xD

The code's here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=253860
God, I hope so. Hacking output has caught up with the current freedoms and even gone beyond the expected (model hacking and replacing character models and stage models; menu hacks, advanced PSA characters). We're practically ready for both of those codes with our 99% complete PSAs (technically, we're sort of waiting on people to animate their models and get them working, but we'll be ready). The abundance of PSAs that will become available wish for the clone engine and the completeness of them desire sound replacement.

Nonetheless, the current breakthroughs in the divisions of character development are very nice to see (RandomTBush effectively replaced Jigglypuff's sleep hat with another model). What I'd like to see is an attempt to replace an SSE stage with a model from another game that essentially can make a new stage with some BBox editing.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
What I'd like to see is an attempt to replace an SSE stage with a model from another game that essentially can make a new stage with some BBox editing.
Check KC:MM's front page. It's not in SSE, but it IS a stage (two, actually) from another game!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Check KC:MM's front page. It's not in SSE, but it IS a stage (two, actually) from another game!
Ah yes, I have seen those in addition to all of the ones I see in the "MDL0's from other games" thread. I hope someone will test a replacement on an SSE stage though. That would be awesome.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Well... You could just replace Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur and then pick PT. Other than that, no. We really don't understand enough of how characters are loaded, and on top of that we know a lot of it is hard-coded.
Would it be posible to find out how random characters are chosen in the Multi-man Melee's? I know at certain points (ie, last stock in a 25 man melee) that a random character spawns.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
I don't know if this has been questioned yet but how about a code that allows mutiple FS to work without freezing or dissapearing graphics.

That would make my day!

Top Bottom