• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What hasn't been hacked?

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
Character article replacement.

I really want to replace Falcon Pawnch with Flamethrower... How am I supposed to make a decent Blaziken if Cpt.Falcon can't use Bowser's fire?! :(
i didnt know FP was an article, but besides the fact.

remove the current code of the B move, spawn a universal fire graphics effect several times, set where they are supposed to go, and add hit boxes to them (with the fire effect of course)

Sir Arctica

Smash Rookie
Eh, I was wondering if it's possible to give two characters of the same series, Fox and Wolf for example, different victory themes. I read something regarding it above, or at least I thought I did. If there's any way to do so, please enlighten me.

Much thanks.

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I was wondering if it's possible to give two characters of the same series, Fox and Wolf for example, different victory themes. I read something regarding it above, or at least I thought I did. If there's any way to do so, please enlighten me.

Much thanks.
No, it is currently not possible, though i do think (but i could be wrong as usually) it could be easy to make a code for this. i would assume that when Fox or wolf wins, there's a code somewhere that tells the game to activate his victory theme is (a pointer) so all i would have to do is change the pointer to a different offset (brstm file) and have it use that one instead of the old one. the only problem i see in this is actually finding that pointer, and sadly, i cant do that because my computers processor is on the frits (unstable for some reason). i do remember Dantarion saying something about this on his blog, so if he gave it a try, i would assume it isn't this easy.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
No, it is currently not possible, though i do think (but i could be wrong as usually) it could be easy to make a code for this. i would assume that when Fox or wolf wins, there's a code somewhere that tells the game to activate his victory theme is (a pointer) so all i would have to do is change the pointer to a different offset (brstm file) and have it use that one instead of the old one. the only problem i see in this is actually finding that pointer, and sadly, i cant do that because my computers processor is on the frits (unstable for some reason). i do remember Dantarion saying something about this on his blog, so if he gave it a try, i would assume it isn't this easy.
I think if Danatrion starting looking for it he could find it within a week and have a code ready in another week.

Sir Arctica

Smash Rookie
If you could pass the word on to this Danatrion fellow for me, I'd appreciate it. I'll keep this page bookmarked just in case anyone ever finds a code or a way to make this happen through whatever means necessary.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
@Sir Arctica
1. He posted 7 posts above you
2. It's Dantarion

Just saying

Dantarion

Smash Champion
XD I have the place where the game loads the victory theme written on a post-it note.....somewhere...seriously, it fell off my monitor.

OH I REMEMBER NOW.

The issue wasn't with getting a certain song to load. The issue was figuring out which character won the match.
I never found out how the results screen DECIDES what song to play.

Wister_Mame_and_Gatch

Smash Cadet
OMG we should TOTALLY make it so we can go against people offline by downloading their AI and then it's like training against a person with being online lol bbq.

Seriously though, one thing that hasn't been "hacked" is the background for Character Select and Stage Select, which my afro tells me is the same thing. And I don't mean having a still picture. Oh god no, so dull. I mean changing the colors and the shapes. I froze my Brawl trying to pull it off.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
OMG we should TOTALLY make it so we can go against people offline by downloading their AI and then it's like training against a person with being online lol bbq.

Seriously though, one thing that hasn't been "hacked" is the background for Character Select and Stage Select, which my afro tells me is the same thing. And I don't mean having a still picture. Oh god no, so dull. I mean changing the colors and the shapes. I froze my Brawl trying to pull it off.
The background is just models and texture and animations. Very easy to change.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
SDHC.

I didn't want to create a hype thread, so a hype post will have to do.
What's that?
Mini-hype:
I have a very rough code for brawl online character editor. May not work. Not going to release until it works. It works like the code that always makes a player a certain character or color, but on wifi. Very easy to make, though, but will be first step towards hacking more online things. It is mainly just phantom wings's values assigned to parts of one of his codes, he probably already has the code made himself. :p But, it might not work, and it almost definately will desync, so it likely is useless.

Sir Arctica

Smash Rookie
@Darksamus77: Er, well, at the time, he posted several messages above me. As you can see from my total posts, I don't use the forums daily or monthly...or yearly. I figured it was best to have the word passed on instead of clogging up a regular's private messages. Regardless, my question was answered. I appreciate your help.

@Dantarion: Sounds like a hassle to me. If you ever find out how it works, be sure to let me know. I'm not adept with hacking in the least. If a code comes out, I'll be able to make use out of that. I'm trying to get Wolf's victory to match Edge's theme from WWE and Fox's to match Christian's. My friend and I play doubles, and I figured having suiting music would add to the synergy.

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
What's that?
Mini-hype:
I have a very rough code for brawl online character editor. May not work. Not going to release until it works. It works like the code that always makes a player a certain character or color, but on wifi. Very easy to make, though, but will be first step towards hacking more online things. It is mainly just phantom wings's values assigned to parts of one of his codes, he probably already has the code made himself. :p But, it might not work, and it almost definately will desync, so it likely is useless.
:chuckle: There's nothing like baffling a guy by entering the match controlling 3 Wario-Man's all at once.

@Dantarion: Do you mean you've found a way to allow brawl to read SDHC cards as if they were normal SD cards? Cool!

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Hey i was wondering would anybody mind taking a look at misc data 7 in mu_menumain.pac under MenuMain_en?
i think that's where all the data is stored for special brawl attributes not sure though
@Dantarion sounds promising can't wait til you figure it out

Numbuh 214

Smash Apprentice
The ability to select your costume in team mode...? I don't know, it'd be nice.

@Dant: GOD, would that be win.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Boss's will be hella easy. It won't take more than 3 hours for Danatrion to make bosses OpenSA compatible. They have the same general format as far as I can see from just about 10 minutes of looking at the file. If you are skilled at hexxing, you could probably look in them and edit them easily. I'd do this but I want to be able to test them myself and I won't have my Wii back for about a month and Danatrion could easily have it done by then.
Same goes for sse enemies, I looked at them too. Anything else I'm forgetting to look in to that may have a psa like structure? We got playable character and items, fighter.pac, assist trophies (and Pokemon?), and could soon have bosses and sse enemies.
Actually, this would be very nice to have.

What I want is a general SSE editor though. Change the lengths of stages, how many lives you get, what characters(and how many) you can choose, what enemies/character .pacs are loaded, and the option to have it be stamina based rather than percent based(so that you die if you run out of energy rather than having to be sent offscreen).

So what files control this stuff? I suppose editing could be done via hexing until such a godly tool becomes avaible.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Boss Battles Wifi-10% done. I've been working on some codes. I got it so it does change what I want it to change. But, I have yet to see two people test it over wifi. It could actually be done (doubt it though). But I can't get people to test it! :(

Mawootad

Smash Rookie
Afaik, nobody has figured out how to add additional lines of code to Kirby's hat projectiles (Kirby's projectiles are coded for in a bunch of pacs named FitKirbyChar.pac, where char is the name of the swallowed character) without crashing the game. I've done a tiny amount of work on it, but so far I've only gotten freezes.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I've been thinking, is it possible to have for instance in Final Destination continuous tracks being played one after another?
So for instance Giga Bowser.BRSTM ends, then the game loads Credits.BRSTM next after it and so forth

If that were to happen though, would it be possible for it to "pop-up" the title name of the next song?
(ex: EA Trax in Burnout, NFS Series)

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Kei, I actually want to look into what occurs when the game plays a song at the beginning of the match.

I know when it CHOOSES which song, and when it PLAYS the song, but I don't know when it looks up the name of the song and displays it. I want to hijack that code to display things in game.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Hmm, does it lie in any .pac? So far the only thing I've seen related to it is the mu_menumain.pac for the text scripted on the songs

Almas

Smash Lord
I believe there is a video where someone displayed the ability to change in-game videos with custom videos.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
There is a guide on it, but it's not replaceable by File Patch, and you need to buy Adobe AfterEffects to split the frames into JPG's.

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
We need to replace the "How to Play" video with the Wombo Combo.
Already did that :p (it's on something else, but it's still there)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJwHHDi-L0Y
if you'd like, i can upload the THP file (44 mb).
I also need to make a less choppy video... (referring to the youtube video)

There is a guide on it, but it's not replaceable by File Patch, and you need to buy Adobe AfterEffects to split the frames into JPG's.
or you can "Obtain" Aftereffects like back in the +1 texture ages with PhotoShop... good times back in the summer... ima continue mah searching for a freeware program that creates Serial JPG's...

Also, when i first saw you name at the end of the thread, i though to myself "NOOOO!!!! That was one of the good threads" but then i read this and thought "yay!".

Azure Flame

Smash Apprentice
What hasn't been hacked? The ability to load either B+ or vB. Dant was working on it, and with a little more work, would have been awesome. Someone should finish it.

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
I LOL'd so hard!! XD
10lold

I still have no idea what .rel files are though
A certain awesome person does though (This is referencing to PW, not me :laugh:)

We have All of the file compressors (Pac,PCS, BRSAR), all the media formats (BRSTM and THP), and a few of the files compressed within the compressors (TEX0, MDL0, and CHL0).

Basically, it's those random file formats (ELFS, VIS0, Ect), Articles (which we honestly already have, just not an easy and convenient way to edit) and codes, such as Clone engine and 5+player brawls (people may say it's impossible, but i believe!). can someone make a complete (and accurate) list of what we do/don't/want?

Also, Assembly coding (ASM) is confusing... but ill eventually get good...

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
Making a stage by isolating a transformation of another stage (Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, etc.)

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Garunteeing private servers by May. Check the Hacking Wifi thread I made for more information. But, thats only if main.dol can be changed. If it can't be changed with a code yet then....(stares at Phantom Wings).

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Garunteeing private servers by May. Check the Hacking Wifi thread I made for more information. But, thats only if main.dol can be changed. If it can't be changed with a code yet then....(stares at Phantom Wings).
I wish you a lot of luck, May isn't that far away (6 weeks isn't that long for me :U).

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Just enough time to go exactly on my birthday whoo!!
So **** that is gonna be really awesome, but I'm pretty sure due to your hype, SWF will instantly flood the server XD

Top Bottom