• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What hasn't been hacked?

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
We need a Galaga-style coin launcher with StarFox models.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=269486

were more focused on getting things that we can't do done. that belongs in more of a texture request thread, because not only is that already possible, but it's very easy.

Back to this topic, do we have every file type done and is expansion codes/Editors the only things we need? Personally, i would enjoy seeing a Brsar editor and THP auto converter, and i would do that my self, but i honestly have no clue on how to do... anything related to the creation of programs.

janfeae

Smash Apprentice
Item Randomizer:

This way we can have more than one item texture, and they appear at random.

Example: 360 symbol smashball appears once, appears again, but the third time its the four stared dragon ball texture, and the fourth its the phanto mask or firefox logo, etc.

Crystalorbie

Smash Cadet
Buckeye, AZ---Northern Arizona University
May as well state this here:

Pokeball probability editing.

I believe Phantom Wings or Dantarion (I was told one of you but forgot which) was working on this and managed to create a limit of 4 pokemon possible?

I do admit I mainly want the chance to see manaphy in game, as well as have a chaotic heart swapping match at least once... but the chance to basically turn off the really ridiculously common ones, regardless of effectiveness, is another wish of mine.

I mean I'm really tired of seeing it switch between wobuffet and goldeen all match, with an occasional lati@s and chikorita thrown in for "variety."

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=269486

were more focused on getting things that we can't do done. that belongs in more of a texture request thread, because not only is that already possible, but it's very easy.

Back to this topic, do we have every file type done and is expansion codes/Editors the only things we need? Personally, i would enjoy seeing a Brsar editor and THP auto converter, and i would do that my self, but i honestly have no clue on how to do... anything related to the creation of programs.
I believe he met we need to change it to play like galaga, but retextured with starfox models. So not just a retexture.

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
I believe he met we need to change it to play like galaga, but retextured with starfox models. So not just a retexture.
Then a better way to put it would have been the ability to edit how the coin launcher mechanics and physics. Also, as long as the edits are within the texture file (fitcharacter00) than i consider it a texture.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Then a better way to put it would have been the ability to edit how the coin launcher mechanics and physics. Also, as long as the edits are within the texture file (fitcharacter00) than i consider it a texture.
Yeah, bro, I think I know these things.

I meant the launcher traveling on a fixed axis instead of rotating.

The stages for SSE are stored in stage\adventure\, right? Could we completely revamp the SSE this way if we find a way to add doors, checkpoints, etc.? It always felt a bit empty in the ways of actual game references (which is weird for a game about crossovers).

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, bro, I think I know these things.

I meant the launcher traveling on a fixed axis instead of rotating.

The stages for SSE are stored in stage\adventure\, right? Could we completely revamp the SSE this way if we find a way to add doors, checkpoints, etc.? It always felt a bit empty in the ways of actual game references (which is weird for a game about crossovers).
SSE Cans and Cants:

Can:
-Change Cutscenes
-Change stage models, textures, and i believe collision data
-Remodel, texture, and animate enemies

Won't take more than a week of Danatrion looking into it (I would but I can't program so it would be near pointless):
-Boss and Enemy PSAs

Can't:
-Just about everything else....

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
SSE Cans and Cants:
Can't:
-Just about everything else....
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=269253

and your working on that? one of the few things that has been harped on that will never be done? yeah, you shouldn't use Can't. i remember reading this quote somewhere...

"Impossible is just the word used to make yourself feel better when you give up"

ima make it clear, to anyone and everyone in the community right now, in bold and in big font.

Anything is possible, and because you just said it isn't, it's on the list of things that will inevitably be hacked, just to spite you.

P.S. i remember when someone started a thread about bosses being playable, and everyone flamed him for being dumb because it was "impossible". less than 6 hours later, brawlbox could swap MDL0's.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman

and your working on that? one of the few things that has been harped on that will never be done? yeah, you shouldn't use Can't. i remember reading this quote somewhere...

"Impossible is just the word used to make yourself feel better when you give up"

ima make it clear, to anyone and everyone in the community right now, in bold and in big font.

Anything is possible, and because you just said it isn't, it's on the list of things that will inevitably be hacked, just to spite you.

P.S. i remember when someone started a thread about bosses being playable, and everyone flamed him for being dumb because it was "impossible". less than 6 hours later, brawlbox could swap MDL0's.
When I say Can't, I mean Can't Yet. :p I know it'll soon be done, I bet it will take less than a month of looking into for someone to figure it out.

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
When I say Can't, I mean Can't Yet. :p I know it'll soon be done, I bet it will take less than a month of looking into for someone to figure it out.
ahh, ok, that sounds like something you would say any respected brawl hacker would say. did you ever find a decent priced USBgecko device?

Edit:the huge stuff in bold in my last post is toward everyone!

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
ahh, ok, that sounds like something you would say any respected brawl hacker would say. did you ever find a decent priced USBgecko device?

Edit:the huge stuff in bold in my last post is toward everyone!
Nah, barely found any. About $100 is the cheapest.
Small note: who owns a website that can host stuff such as the files that will be needed to be hosted online for wi-win when I get to the first few online play tests of the project? *STARES EVILLY AND SEDUCTIVELY AT DANATRION IF HE'S IN TO THAT, OR SIMPY EVILLY IF HE IS NOT*

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
How about hacking the possible controls to have to option to short hop as a button(ie even holding down the short hop button makes you short hop)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Actually, I support the short hop button idea. Project:M is remapping footstool to whatever button you like so it shouldn't be necessarily hard to map any other action to a button.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Nah, barely found any. About $100 is the cheapest.
Small note: who owns a website that can host stuff such as the files that will be needed to be hosted online for wi-win when I get to the first few online play tests of the project? *STARES EVILLY AND SEDUCTIVELY AT DANATRION IF HE'S IN TO THAT, OR SIMPY EVILLY IF HE IS NOT*
OMG :O ???

usb gecko for $100 and the cheapest :S ???

thats insane and not cheap at all >.<

I got mine for $50 at jan 2009, but I'm not... a hacker :S I used it to change codes ingame, tried to become a hacker but I'm not a patience person XD

and, I heard something about Boss and SSE mobs PSA's ?

this mean we can make them use attacks as we want them to?

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman

Amen, brother. Half the stuff in the Smash Workshop section was deemed impossible at one time or another. Half the things in this thread that are now deemed not hacked will be done within the next few months.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I've been thinking, is it possible to have for instance in Final Destination continuous tracks being played one after another?
So for instance Giga Bowser.BRSTM ends, then the game loads Credits.BRSTM next after it and so forth

If that were to happen though, would it be possible for it to "pop-up" the title name of the next song?
(ex: EA Trax in Burnout, NFS Series)
this kinda happens on Yoshi's Island? (with obstacle course and it's winter self) build from that o-o?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Nobody's been able to perfectly replicate the Shadow Moses Island snow effect (not the texture part) on any other stage as far as I know. >:\

I already gave up on it for now. ;-;

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
doesn't matter if he does not move freely, as long as his playable with crazy hand and tabuu,i will be glad
You don't understand. Boss PACs and character PACs are too radically different to just be copied over each other. Current boss-controlling codes also don't work in VS. mode, only where the boss is usually found.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Depends mostly on whether or not a boss's location requirement is hard coded. If there were any module files that anyone knew about it might be possible to manipulate them in the same way that stage hacking works. It'd be really inefficient probably and my theory might not even be correct.

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
now why the hell would you do that? the percentage system in smash is one of the many things that makes smash unique
True. If this were implemented, Smash would be but another stereotypical platforming fighter

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Giving the Game a Health Bar instead of Damage.
There's this mode called "stamina" you might enjoy. It doesn't use a healthbar, but it plays like a healthbar.

A healthbar is not completely out of the question, seeing as bosses and enemies use a health bar. Though considering we already have stamina mode I don't see why we'd need it.

Well, any ideas for what to work on while waiting for someone to do the documentation step of wi-win that I can't (fully) complete myself due to a broken wii? Needs to be something that won't require too much testing on the wii.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think some better clarification/more work on how to texturize damage % numbers would be nice. It's something that is quite vague sort of like how Menu Color hacks used to be (and still are somewhat).

Or the SSS background for that matter. These are both realistic goals and require some experimentation in BrawlBox (although some slight testing in-game might be needed).

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
I think some better clarification/more work on how to texturize damage % numbers would be nice. It's something that is quite vague sort of like how Menu Color hacks used to be (and still are somewhat).

Or the SSS background for that matter. These are both realistic goals and require some experimentation in BrawlBox (although some slight testing in-game might be needed).
iirc, they really don't. You really just need to look through the files for the textures. The sss background may be a bit different, though.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Creating new unlock methods for new characters
New save files to store new data for the new characters
Hacking and creating trophies

IrohDW

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2473-0493-0622
I agree 110%. I think that new characters should have all of the perks that the current ones do.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
The first two are things I did look into. If someone sent me a save file that is incomplete but has unlocked at least one chracter (all character can be unlocked, same with stage, but i need one without every trophy, sticker, ect.) I'll look into it.

But the third thing...do you mean all new trophies, or changing trophies? We can change trophies and thier descriptions, I believe. I know we can texture/model trophies at least. And I'm sure an edit to the file with thier description's text will change the text easily.

Other things I looked into:
A few of the files in the module section. Stopped because I realized that the .rel editor will make it pointless, though I did find a neat file on the sse enemies that seemed kinda like a fighter.pac for sse characters.

Any more ideas?

Oh, and quick question-how many friends can a friends list contain on brawls wifi?

mariomariobrosluigi

Smash Rookie
Depends mostly on whether or not a boss's location requirement is hard coded. If there were any module files that anyone knew about it might be possible to manipulate them in the same way that stage hacking works. It'd be really inefficient probably and my theory might not even be correct.
oh i understand:ohwell::(

Top Bottom