• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you prefer to be called by?

kd-

Smash Lord
My nicknames over the years, I've been called by every one of these names at least once in real life, and don't mind any of them:

kd
Chaddy
Chadley
Chadwick
Chadington
Chadsicle
Chadeasy
Cheezy
Chadderboxer
Chaddums
Chaddykins
Shaud/Chaud
Chaddus

Kinda similar to the names Carroll suggested in some other thread now that I think about it

Kal

Smash Champion
I was unoriginal enough to use the name everyone calls me when I created this account. I guess I could insist that people struggle really hard to pronounce my real name.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I like people to cal me
RaphaelRobo
Raphael
Robo
Raph
Raf
Ralph
Raphael the Amazing
Ganondorf
Purple Guy
Man, that beard is so cool
Purple Ganondorf
Are you wearing that purple dress shirt again?
Raphbo

One of those is my real name.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I like people to cal me

Ganondorf
Purple Guy
Man, that beard is so cool
Purple Ganondorf
Are you wearing that purple dress shirt again?

One of those is my real name.
gotta be one of those ones

Anyway, I like people to call me either BG or BlackGold, since I never really use my real name outside of school and family so I'd be kinda creeped out if people in the smash community used it.

Massive

Smash Champion
Pretty much the whole KC crew goes by gamertag.

There are still occasions (after years of playing together) where someone doesn't know another person's actual name.

I've been called Massive since before there was smash brothers though. It's one of those names that are just too memorable to stop using, especially since so many other people have my first name.

edit: We actually use each other's real names derisively. If someone does something stupid we'll occasionally bust their chops using their real name.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Slox or Anthony.

I'm going to enter random tournaments under an alias soon though so it doesn't matter to me. Most people just call me SloX.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
TCB, Crimson, or my real name (Arian) are all fine. Saying my full tag ("Hi the crimson blur, how are you doing?") always sounds odd tho.

We get kind of weirded out when everyone in EU tournaments call people from their local scene by their online names. Even Aniolas and Armada (brothers) do it when they talk to each other >_>
This is so god damn adorable :o

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
My tag is super embarrassing, but as long as other people are comfortable with what they call me, then I am too.

I'm part of a gaming community, so I have no reason to be upset/have a preference about whatever someone calls me(especially if it's what I chose for myself) lol.

That said, my various names have been mostly awesome and I'm glad things worked out as they did.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
odin's cool, i use it because i randomly found it in my tags list from when I was like 8. It stuck with my ssbm bros. lol, all of our tags are 1 or 2 syllabuls, sometimes i call RUN by his real name, sometimes not. But cinbad is a joke we made about cinbad's real name. Other names are cinrad, conradly, cindy, and koolaid

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Wow, i was just thinking about this kind of thing then I see this thread.

For me, I much prefer to be called by my smashtag rather than my real name. I like when people call me Wizz, Wizzy, or Wizzrobe

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Despite the number of tournaments i've been to i still find it odd to be called my online tag, i prefer my name. I cant expect people to call me that when called for a match though.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
lol no. It's obviously raphael the amazing.

I couldnt care less what people called me. First name, tag, whatever. Although most people I know use my last name, except really close friends who go by my first.
Funnily enough, one time in high school a teacher asked students to write down what their preferred name was. Because some people go by their middle names or last names or whatever. Anyway, I put down "Raphael the Amazing". She called me that for the entire semester.

Eclectic Echo

Smash Apprentice
I have a few nicknames. Brent (real name), brenty (only girls say this one), Echo (friends that know my xbl gamertag), or Pro (cuz I beast at halo)

A few other odd ones here and there, but they don't count since they rarely say them.

:phone:

Walt

Smash Ace
Both are completely fine, I get asked this all the time because my tag is Walt, but my real name is Kelan(rhymes with Helen). And since my tag is a common name, and my real name is unusual I just say call me whatever you can remember. My closer friends in the smash community tend to call me Kelan and others call me Walt. Except JB, he calls me Walt all the time.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
my smash name is tai
my (middle) name is also tai.
so it works out without issue most of the time

my first name is andrew, and nobody in the smash community calls me that except for people who call me andrew because they don't want to call me by my smash name ._.

tai: family, smash friends, most gaming friends
andrew: almost everyone else (school friends and random strangers)

Sizzle

I paint controllers
I like to call people whatever they are the most comfortable with. I like being called by my name, but I don't mind being called by my tag either. I think it's always funny when you have to call a smasher on the phone and sometimes there's that awkward "hello sizzle?" or just "hey.." or something like that haha.

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
I applaud people when they pronounce my name correctly without me telling them. :embarrass:
Feel the same way when people do that; for me it usually means they know what my tag is from. Its not hard to pronounce my tag but is often mistaken how its said.

I'm fine with either my nickname or tag. Most people call me by nickname though, rarely hear my real name at all anymore.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I don't really care. A lot of people prefer you to call them by their real name but I call everyone by their tag and actually love when people call me Smiley/SmileyFace

I wear my tag proudly because I put a lot of work into getting better and I feel like people calling you by your tag signifies they respect you as a player or something, I dunno, it's dumb but to me everytime i play in tourney i'm putting my name on the line. If I lose to someone I should: smileyface lost to someone he shouldn't have, not Zee. People on smashboards know me by whatever the name up there says and I actually do care about what other people here think of me (skillwise) because nobody else is gonna respect me (or care... at all) for being good at this game lol

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Unknown522 - Ryan
Raynex - Bernie
I.B - Imadh
Weon-x - Cami
Idea - Kyle
Sleaf - Alan / Andrew
Leek - Alan / Andrew
Sanuzi - Josh
Riddlebox - James
TastyGoldfish - Mariah Carey

I don't know if I call anyone else in the local scene by their first names. I probably do... probably just not recalling right now.

I like my gamertag in the states because there's a million Davids.

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
when it comes to other people I usually go with their gamertag until I get to know them a bit better, same goes with myself, when introduced to someone idk they'll say my tag because they've seen it before. Except Tinman, i have trouble with his name so I call em Tin, also on Xbox ppl call me True, short for my GT: TruSharpShooter

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
BlackSteve, because it sounds better. No argument.

<3 KK

but really, blackchris or chris work fine. I've considered trying to change my tag to monochrome, but blackchris has stuck far too well =/

t3h Icy

Smash Master
My tag is super embarrassing, but as long as other people are comfortable with what they call me, then I am too.

I'm part of a gaming community, so I have no reason to be upset/have a preference about whatever someone calls me(especially if it's what I chose for myself) lol.

That said, my various names have been mostly awesome and I'm glad things worked out as they did.
I guess it sort of phases out since you're a top player now and your name is commonly seen, but when thinking about it, "Doctor PeePee" sounds ridiculous. :awesome:

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
My first name never gets used.

The people I met through smash call me Zhu. My school friends get my attention by saying "hey".

I still don't really associate myself with my own first name... strange thing.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
people usually call me "chock-nater" or "choke-nater"

the one they choose doesn't really matter

or andre

Top Bottom