• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you do..?

Smurfy EXE

Smash Apprentice
What do you do when you start getting in the "zone"?

Your pulse rises, the heart beats faster, your fingers sweat, all common things...

But what kind of things do "you" do?

Personally, I bite my lower lip when I really start to play.

I know that AXE and Forward both have their mouths WIDE open

So, what do you do when you reach that Melee nirvana?

Stev

Smash Ace
I narrow my vision, block things out, and think less. When playing beer pong, i squint, but since i don't have to concentrate on such a small area in smash, i don't focus my vision quite as much

The Phenom

Smash Lord
I can relate to this =D !!!

So I was G&W and my friend who is a very good Falco/hard Falco to fight, beat him! The experience was so intense and my heart was ripping out of my chest, it was INSANE, SO MUCH HYPE, FUN!!! XDDDD. Everyone was like, DUDE G&W beat FALCO WTF!!!

So what I do is, is play careful so I can win and MOST IMPORTANTLY of the reason, Amaze my 12 friends by winning impossible match ups to make the Smashfest EPIC, VERY INTERTAINING!!!.
---------
CLASS OF 2009!!!

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
my eyes tend to unfocus and they get sort of cross eyed and my vision gets messed up.

So i have to snap out of it to see the screen. =/

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
my eyes start rapidly moving and i clentch my teeth a nd like...open my mouth like im bracing for something

Church

Smash Cadet
This is interesting. I can't really say because I don't know. It seems like you'd have to have a buddy observe you while you were playing a heated match. As far as I know though my leg bounces up and down regardless if I'm in the zone or not.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
i stand up straight lol if im sitting i lean forward i dont notice anything else unless somebody tells me

Darkman.exe213

Smash Apprentice
I start entering my commands rapidly, and since Melee's controls have high sensitvity, my character starts moving faster to match the speed of my button commands. Actually works pretty well until I lose that level of focus, in which case I get killed.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
My mouth hangs open. I noticed my brother doing this at our last Tourney, then I realized I do that too.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I just look really freakin intense and my eyes dart around the screen like crazy

mostwins

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4742-8002-0115
From what im told I start shaking my legs like crazy

also i noticed that my level of focus gets so high that i cant hear or feel anything at all.

Binx

Smash Master
LOL when I'm really in the zone I get completely serious and blank and I don't have any clue whats going on around me.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I've been told that i jerk around and make faces, but I'm not aware of it in a good match...

EDIT: "jerk around" as in move with the controller...

Aesir

Smash Master
I apparently pelvic thrust a lot and starts groaning like I'm doing a chick really hard. I think the reason I do this is because I really wanna bend over the person I'm playing and do them in the butt.

Smurfy EXE

Smash Apprentice
okay, this thread has really turned into alot of random (but humorous) posts...

I just wanted to know how people react to heated competition...

I doubt you...M Bate in a mirror (1st page)

Or, your hair turns yellow and power X10 (2nd page)

I just thought of how people react since most of my smashing friends hold their mouths WIDE open...

AXE
Forward
YEAH!
J. Twist

Just be a 'little serious' PL0X?

Number 1 DK

Smash Apprentice
My mouth opens and closes whenever I do anything that takes any technical skill, my feet tap and I slobber everywhere.

I imitate my character when edgehogging by putting my arms in the air and holding an imaginary edge.

I try to wavedash in real life with bone-crushing consequences.

jmlee337

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
LEE#337
apparently, I flick my tongue in and out whenever I do something that requires tech skills

Top Bottom