• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you do..?

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I stop talking. On a side note, I have found that I scratch my head every time I die.

Lean back and cross my legs a little at the ankles. Facepalm when I do a dumb suicide.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I sit on my knees. It kills my knees when I get up, but I feel like leaning in gets me more into the game. I hate sitting back or cross-legged and playing. Chairs work, but I just like sitting on my knees <.<;;

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Apparently I bite my cheeks. After every tough set my cheeks hurt like **** and have teeth marks. I bled once from this >_>

I've also learned to drown out any trashtalking / outside interference. Thanks Norcal =D

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i learned that from other sports, how to drown out people

it realy comes in handy

metashinryu

Smash Ace
well i get nervous and sweat a lot, and then when im down on stocks i just realize that the guy at my side can be in the same situation i am and just got lucky, then im not nervous anymore and start doing awesome crap that never worked before and go supersaiyan mode and beat the crap outta him XD

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
My mouth opens wide (for some reason I passively breathe with my mouth), and then it's just me, my controller, and the TV screen.

Stewie1288

Smash Apprentice
My eyes get dry because I quit blinking, I lean forward and scoot to the edge of my seat, my pits and hands start sweating, my mouth hangs open, and I get this ridiculous feeling of confidence that I can pull off whatever ridiculous tech my mind can think up, and I usually can. =P

Also, my power level goes over 9000.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I relax my body, and do what ManaLord does. ;)

But I do really relax, I play my best when I'm sleepy.

FTWin

Smash Cadet
I do nothing.
I don't blink, I don't look around, I don't twitch, my brain shuts everything down. everything except my hands. literally, when im REALLY on top of things, I have to shake my head to "wake up" post game
if you've ever read the book 'The Big Nothing', it's a lot like that lol

metashinryu

Smash Ace
lol i also do that,its like the game absorbs you and you only see the screen and only feel your hands,i actually feel im the guy givin the slams in there XD

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I almost don't feel my hands. It's weird, like everything happens on their own.

Like my nasty combo on you Bard XD

FTWin

Smash Cadet
It's weird, like everything happens on their own.
Yeah, when im not a complete vegetable when playing (lol), I feel like this. your brain says, "okay, he's gonna do A B and C, so I should do X Y and Z", and it happens before your brain's really even done processing it.

DRD

Smash Lord
Not only melee, but with most games where I'm in a fast-moving situation or intense challenge

My tongue moves around a lot. I don't see it so often in melee because I don't play enough, but when I'm playing guitar hero, for instance, if I'm doing a really hard long solo on hyperspeed 5 my tongue will dance around (inside and outside) my mouth to the beat of the song or one movement for each note

which is a lot of movement

It looks really stupid actually

N64

Smash Champion
my palms sweat. After every stock i have to wipe them on my pants at the knees.

mouth stays slightly open. Enough to not have to move to breath.

I curse quietly (and pika screams violently) whenever i know i'm going to get hit and probably die.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I feel like you would notice if your eyes go cross eyed, you know, when you can't see ****.

Meneks

Smash Lord
palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready
To drop bombs, but he keeps on forgettin
What he wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud
He opens his mouth, but the words won't come out
He's choking, how everybody's joking now
The clock's run out, time's up over, bloah!
Snap back to reality, Oh there goes gravity
Oh, there goes Rabbit, he choked
He's so mad, but he won't give up that
Easy

Samochan

Smash Master
I cannot focus on anything else besides playing because I **** so hard. If anyone tried to converse with me at that point, they would be hard pressed to get a response. =)

I most likely lean further toward the screen when I'm focused, that's what my budy told me I did when I tried to play varialess magmoor run on Metroid prime 1 (so far in fact he told me I was ready to fall down from the chair). If it's a really important tournament match, there is a chance I choke and then lose cause I manage to get real nervous, but if I get into the zone, it seems only sky's the limit and I can predict whatever my opponent does and respond accordingly and my peach flows around the screen like a mad killer queen on drugs. And not just my peach, but even characters I don't play much or at all seem easy to play as and I do stuff I never tried before perfectly.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I don't do much of anything.
Honestly.

Well, when I'm fighting my friend Warpd, he uses Kirby.
We have some really close matches mainly because he has a very awkward playstyle.
He uses various other characters, but his Kirby is best.
I find my heart racing when I'm about to lose.
I have this mentality that I cannot lose, no matter what the odds.
I have lost a few times before, but I've never been totally annihilated, as in straight 3-stock.
I've been two-stocked, but it's because I end up SDing during the match.
And that seems to happen more with CF that anyone else I use.

But yeah, my heart pounds, and I get very alert.
I start comboing a bit better than normal, some leading to 0-deaths.
I've come back from some seriously hopeless situations.

In Brawl, I just get ticked off.
Extended hitboxes get on my nerves so much.
ESPECIALLY when it looks to me as if my opponent has larger hitboxes.
I can count several situations where they've had what I'm pretty sure is broken range.
And I do the same thing and it does nothing.
Brawl is just screwed.

Top Bottom