• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing in Brawl... (Hacked version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Characters don't fall fast enough, though.

Anyway according to Magus, there IS hitstun but you can airdodge or attack DURING this hitstun (WTF, Brawl, I know). It should be relatively easy for some amazing awesome genius that we love
(Phantom Wings)
to disable those two actions during the tumbling animation.

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
Characters don't fall fast enough, though.

Anyway according to Magus, there IS hitstun but you can airdodge or attack DURING this hitstun (WTF, Brawl, I know). It should be relatively easy for some amazing awesome genius that we love
(Phantom Wings)
to disable those two actions during the tumbling animation.
The hitstun during meteors completely disables you. That's where we need to look.

On second thought I think you may have something there Owl. Yes! The simplest answer is the best answer. If only we had someone to code so we could test this...Light the Phantom Wing signal Gotham needs a hero. I hope we haven't bored him to death.

kupo15

Smash Hero
i would like the ledge to be better before hitstun. Reverse grabbing is fine, just no auto sweetspot and pause before doing anything. Hitstun should be last due to individual amounts. You cant give 2 sec hitstuns to a jab lol so balancing hitstun will take time.

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
i would like the ledge to be better before hitstun. Reverse grabbing is fine, just no auto sweetspot and pause before doing anything. Hitstun should be last due to individual amounts. You cant give 2 sec hitstuns to a jab lol so balancing hitstun will take time.
I wonder how one would go about getting rid of auto sweetspoting?

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how one would go about getting rid of auto sweetspoting?
I'm assuming you would have to find the value that set the "auto sweetspot" value to 1 and change it to 0, well in words that would make sense to Wii codes.

Then again I don't know how it works, so I'm probably wrong.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
I think it's unnecessary. Yes, Melee's recovery took more skill, but if you can just get rid of ledge lag, you would increase your options (adding depth to the game), whereas getting rid of auto-sweetspotting would only require more spacing (which, don't get me wrong, is important) but seems too difficult for too little reward. Plus, I have a feeling if you got rid of auto-sweetspotting, tether recoveries would just plain stop working.

EDIT: Makkun, it would probably involve finding the variable that says "is there a ledge open within range" and setting it to 0 all the time.

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
I think it's unnecessary. Yes, Melee's recovery took more skill, but if you can just get rid of ledge lag, you would increase your options (adding depth to the game), whereas getting rid of auto-sweetspotting would only require more spacing (which, don't get me wrong, is important) but seems too difficult for too little reward. Plus, I have a feeling if you got rid of auto-sweetspotting, tether recoveries would just plain stop working.

EDIT: Makkun, it would probably involve finding the variable that says "is there a ledge open within range" and setting it to 0 all the time.
I wonder what kind of effect that would have? I wish I could do this myself.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman

Well if that was the case, then you would never be able to grab the edge regardless of how close you were to it. And now I realize that a "auto sweetspot" value is too complex to exist as one thing. XP

kupo15

Smash Hero
Can we get rid of the buffering system? I still need to play around with this but it seems like its impossible to dash after a shield cancel.

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
Well if that was the case, then you would never be able to grab the edge regardless of how close you were to it. And now I realize that a "auto sweetspot" value is too complex to exist as one thing. XP
I have a theory as to what it might me. I it might be a special bubble on your character that whenever it comes in contact with a ledge it snaps your character on. I wonder if that can be edited without adverse effects?

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Every time (most) characters Up B, there's probably a check algorithm that checks a given radius around the character (it's probably more like a cone, actually) to see if there's an open ledge. If there is, it homes in on it. If not, it does the other version (the one that would happen if you were out of range or someone was ledgehogging you).

I guess it wouldn't be too hard to remove, but if it's a global variable (which is actually unlikely) it'll destroy tether recoveries, and if it's individual (more likely) you'd have to locate and set it for every applicable character.

That, or you could try to essentially 'sabotage' the check algorithm by making it always return 0, which would likely cause it to affect all characters.

This is entirely speculation, of course, but that's how I would do it if I had written Brawl >_>

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I have a theory as to what it might me. I it might be a special bubble on your character that whenever it comes in contact with a ledge it snaps your character on. I wonder if that can be edited without adverse effects?
Yeah, pretty much a "hitbox" for ledge-grab range. It's probably an invisible polygon on the character's model. However, we would have to find values that allowed the "hitbox" to still function without auto-snapping to the ledge. And since we can't directly edit the game code, only values, I don't know how this would work. But then again, I know nothing about the different values and lines of code in Brawl.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
For no auto sweet spotting, I think the variable that needs changing is at which point in your recovery move you can grab a ledge.
In Melee, it wasn't until the peak or later.
In Brawl it starts on the way up as well.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm just going to let you guys figure it out. @__@ I have no idea how any of it works exactly, and I don't have a way to find out, currently. So I'm gonna go to sleep and talk to you guys later. (:

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
For no auto sweet spotting, I think the variable that needs changing is at which point in your recovery move you can grab a ledge.
In Melee, it wasn't until the peak or later.
In Brawl it starts on the way up as well.
That sounds about right. If only there was a debug mode for this game.

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, pretty much a "hitbox" for ledge-grab range. It's probably an invisible polygon on the character's model. However, we would have to find values that allowed the "hitbox" to still function without auto-snapping to the ledge. And since we can't directly edit the game code, only values, I don't know how this would work. But then again, I know nothing about the different values and lines of code in Brawl.
Yes we can, everything is stored in memory, that include the asm code. Take for example the 1 player match code, all it does is change a "if grater than or equal to 2" to a "if grater than or equal to 1".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom