• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing in Brawl... (Hacked version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.W.

Smash Champion
We could possibly do an old Super Mario reference..

Super Smash Bros. - For Super Players.

Or Super Smash Bros. Brawl - For Super Players.

EDIT: Another idea popped up.. Brawl was published by Sora Ltd. Sora translates to "sky." What if we had the group name something like.. Terra Inc. Or something referring to the ground/earth/land.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
I actually like terrasky

I think we should jest make an acronym for a long name. I think it would be funny but thats just me.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I like the Brawl+ Brigade. (:

Actually I just like Brawl+ more than Melee 2.0/Brawl 2.0/Brawl 1.5/ or anything else. And Brigade works really well with Brawl+.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
New Brawelee video being posted, this time with High Grav for even faster gameplay.
Awesome. I want to see it. (:

But at this point, I kind of like the slower-than-Melee gameplay. I don't think any of us are trying to convert Brawl to Melee, just adding things in Melee that gave it the depth that it is. The slower gameplay in Brawl allows for the typical Brawl defense to still exist, but more offense with wavedashing and S/L-canceling is created, so it evens out.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
So I tried this yesterday.... Wavedashing really is alot harder. It's kinda like learning to Wavedash for the first time.... this might be easier with a modded controller, but I suppose it would just take practice with Z.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I agree w/ Makkun. I like brawls uniqueness but with the depth of melee. I however dont prefer Wavedashing in brawl as much as melee (maybe due to me being a nunchuck user)

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
So I tried this yesterday.... Wavedashing really is alot harder. It's kinda like learning to Wavedash for the first time.... this might be easier with a modded controller, but I suppose it would just take practice with Z.
Keep at it! The "Perfect horizontal Z-wavedash" in Brawl is really nice, and you get used to it pretty quickly.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
rofl at Sonic's recovery, yet u use it on the ground then jump on the spring and still go full height.

maybe a code for faster falling is in order, that way it doesnt gimp Sonic and Link's recoveries.

But first, hitstun

B+B
lolz

kupo15

Smash Hero
whats the status on the hitstun adjustment
Thats a good question. I posted this in the other thread but I might as well post it again since you mentioned it.

I need to bring this up for those trying to do this because I believe this is correct.

Originally Posted by Magus420

Between shield cancelling and wavedashing, increasing the overall stun considerably may not really be needed if at all or even be a good idea to create some decent combos. The main problem for good comboing that would need to be addressed is the early airdodging and A attacks the game lets you do before the stun actually finishes on tumble hits (I imagine it's after a certain part in the tumbling animation where it lets you do it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsF_zFKyvkY

In the video you can see the attacks register as 'Consecutive Hits' even though it hits them after they already started and nearly complete an airdodge. Assuming the consecutive hits counter goes off the stun like it did before, this gives you an idea how much stun there probably would be if you couldn't just dodge or do an A attack in the middle of it anyway if it puts you into a tumble.

The few combos that do exist in the game already, like Sheik's f-tilt lock and such, generally involve weaker/stale hits that don't put you into a tumble, and weak hits that don't knock you down don't allow the early dodging and A attacks (again, the interrupt is linked to the tumble animation) so you actually remain fully stunned and unable to do anything for the stun's entire duration like in the previous games.

Increasing the game's comboing ability could actually be as simple as disabling that one thing, and not just increasing overall stun and then trying to balance it as well which could be a lot of work.

More importantly, only increasing hitstun in general would likely just make the existing weak hit combos even better and create more of those dumb "lol-single-move-spam" type weak hit combos than anything else really, and is compounded by the fact that you can only A/SDI weak hits and can't DI them normally to change the direction you get sent like you can on tumble hits.

The bold I believe basically sums up how I think hitstun would work. If you think about it, in brawl, you are allowed to use your special moves after the tumble and depending on your damage and the move, when you can use the special moves is altered to sooner or later.
So as he said, get rid of the thing that allows you to air dodge and use A moves before the specials.

A possible way to do this is find the timer(if there is one) that allows the air dodge and A moves to be performed after getting hit and replace it with the timer code that allows you to use B moves after getting hit.

I feel strongly that this form of hitstun is the simple solution to not break the game. I wish I knew a thing about this to help you guys out.

I actually saw the vid tut in the USB Gecko page and I think you can apply the same thing to this? Use the pause feature and narrow things down....i really have no clue.....:\

noodles

Smash Champion
i dont have the tripping code on right now >.< i have wavedashing (not sure which version, the one on the first page) and s-cancel. if youd like ill put the no tripping on

falco, depending on the time, if anything tommorow

noodles

Smash Champion
k give me like 20 minutes ill have the code and will be able to play. ill post here

Revven

FrankerZ
falco, depending on the time, if anything tommorow
Tonight would be better but, the time I would be done studying should be 7 or 7:15. So, sometime around 7:30 or 8. If we can't play tonight, I could try for tomorrow.

I really, really want to play other people with this shiz on. It's SO entertaining and extremely fun.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Tonight would be better but, the time I would be done studying should be 7 or 7:15. So, sometime around 7:30 or 8. If we can't play tonight, I could try for tomorrow.

I really, really want to play other people with this shiz on. It's SO entertaining and extremely fun.
I'm up to play right now you if you want! S-cancel, wavedash 2.1, no-trip. (codes all taken exactly from http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200084 - Wind Owl's thread)

noodles

Smash Champion
i just realized there 2 separate codes for scancel/lcancel i thought it was just a different name used >.>. also with pokemon trainer the wavedashing only works with the pokemon you start off with. im almost ready zxeon

edit falco i cant at that time im going to the gym

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
i just realized there 2 separate codes for scancel/lcancel i thought it was just a different name used >.>. also with pokemon trainer the wavedashing only works with the pokemon you start off with. im almost ready zxeon

edit falco i cant at that time im going to the gym
You aren't using the most updated Wavedash code.

Revven

FrankerZ
i just realized there 2 separate codes for scancel/lcancel i thought it was just a different name used >.>. also with pokemon trainer the wavedashing only works with the pokemon you start off with.
Get the code from here to allow PT to use the WD with all his pokemon. That's the one you want if you want to play with Cero.

Also, Makkun, I can't play right now.

zxeon

Smash Lord
The latest WD code fixes that issue with pokémon trainer and is also the one I am using.

noodles

Smash Champion
allrite i fixxed it and is ready to play. also link is the funnest with the code lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom