• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing in Brawl... (Hacked version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

What?

Smash Apprentice
That's why you're The Guy, PW.

Keep hacking away. I was blown away to see what you've accomplished and I'm excited to see what else you have in store for the Smash community.

Do you have a website that shows off any of your other hacking endeavors?

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
You can "Dash Cancel" by WaveDashing in place.

The true name for "Dash Canceling" is Fox Trotting, by the by. <3

Glad to see a pseudo L-Cancel code in place! <33

I got to thinking today;

I've been calling the "Hacked" Brawl a sort of "Melee 2." I'm starting to feel like that's taking away from what the hack is really doing for Brawl.

I believe these hacks are turning Brawl into what Melee players have been waiting for since first we saw the Brawl Trailer.

This feels more like a Beta Test for a new version of Brawl. Like it's Brawl mark II or something.

Brawl 1.5

As more updates come from Phantom Wings, we can keep marking it up. <333

Just a thought I was having today.
I posted pretty much the same thing earlier, except I said Brawl 2.0 and Brawl+ (plus) instead of 1.5. I think so far, 1.5 makes more sense though. (:

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
Loal!

When the finalized hack codes are released we can create new Brawl discs with the Brawl logo and Phantom Wing's tag on it!
QFT

These codes are really good for fun, but they won't incorperate it into tournies, as it would change the whole game and it would just be easier to host melee tournies.

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
You say it'd make the game slow, but just because it would be slow wouldn't mean it's a boring. It sucks not being able to chain attacks together.

Look at SSB64. You had the hitstun in there, and that game wasn't what most would call fast. But being able to do combos still made it fun.
But you're assuming you are playing brawl with the intent of creating combos. Yea it'd be COOL to zero to death someone in brawl because of the hitstun, but that will make the game hella noobed out to the point where even people who have no clue what to do next will be able to combo, just like in 64.

I'm not going to pose a solution, but I will say that I will leave with the idea that a slow hitstuned 64 brawl wont be the solution we're looking for. Once agian thanks for the wavedashign!

What?

Smash Apprentice
You're The Guy, Makkun. <3

Sorry to have missed your post...but with this kind of topic, high traffic can't be helped.

Plus it's hard to filter though the...unremarkable comments. <33

What?

Smash Apprentice
I'm not so sure, Dx. We'll have to wait and see, but I'm confident that h-Brawl tournaments will start up in random local Smash Fests over the next year or so.

Enough people would be playing at once that there's bound to be somebody willing to organize brackets for it.

Then we'll start seeing results posted in Regional Threads.

Then the rest is cake. <3

I'm not saying it'll happen over night, but look how strong Melee has been since it's release. Also look at how many different versions of Melee there were.

It might take years, but I think Brawl 2.0 or higher will stand up as a staple in the Smash community.

If a game has the replay value, its longevity could be boundless.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
You're The Guy, Makkun. <3

Sorry to have missed your post...but with this kind of topic, high traffic can't be helped.

Plus it's hard to filter though the...unremarkable comments. <33
Oh, I wasn't insinuating that you missed my post. XDD I was just quoting you because we had the same opinion, and I felt it should be reiterated. >:3

I for one, am all for a Hacked Brawl/Brawl+/Brawl 1.5/2.0 subforum being created as soon as possible.

What?

Smash Apprentice
Let's not go balls deep just yet. It's like making "the announcement" during the first trimester.

We don't know what's gonna happen until we see more match-ups online.

I've already seen CubaIsDeath vs Zelgadis (which is my first time seeing this hack in action strangely enough), and I'd love to see more notable people in the Smash Community mixing it up.

It would be nice to have a place to see all the updates. <3

Revven

FrankerZ
wow i was going to complain that shield cancel wont br up to par with L-cancel, but his video prove me wrong
Yea, it's really cool as hell! I was messing around with it today and holy crap, once you start getting used to it and using it with certain characters that need it, it's amazing! I <3 it.

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this has been said but the S-canceling code has Issues with transforming characters. And hit stun is possible, some of ganondorf's attacks have hit stun. I just wish we had someone else who could do it so we didn't have to bother Phantom Wings all the time.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Hit stun, hit stun, hit stun. It will make jigglypuff better and bann MK at the same time.

Oh, and if theres anyway to do this, fix jiggly's rest to make it go sideways or something.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
i dont think modifying specific characters is right that way your making it too much like melee. You should just get melee and hack it so you can have all the characters/stages of brawl lol.

B.W.

Smash Champion
But you're assuming you are playing brawl with the intent of creating combos. Yea it'd be COOL to zero to death someone in brawl because of the hitstun, but that will make the game hella noobed out to the point where even people who have no clue what to do next will be able to combo, just like in 64.

I'm not going to pose a solution, but I will say that I will leave with the idea that a slow hitstuned 64 brawl wont be the solution we're looking for. Once agian thanks for the wavedashign!
I'm not saying we need as much hitstun as SSB64 had. But we would need a little more than Melee had because of the slow movement of characters. They wouldn't be able to follow up for combos because they wouldn't be able to move fast enough to chain multiple attacks. But DI still exists, so it would be possible to DI out of combos just like you could in Melee, so no not everyone would be able to combo. You would need to practice in order to combo.

Though if the Shield Cancel gets rid of all lag, more hitstun than Melee may not be needed as you'll be able to completely cancel all lag in an attack. Though The S-Cancel should be made harder so you actually have to practice using it.

I don't know if this has been said but the S-canceling code has Issues with transforming characters. And hit stun is possible, some of ganondorf's attacks have hit stun. I just wish we had someone else who could do it so we didn't have to bother Phantom Wings all the time.
I agree, I do feel quite bad for having to ask PW for this and that, like a child wanting candy at the store.

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
we just need to adjust the hitstun for the veterans to their melee counter part and have each new character clone a certain melee character based on size, movement, and/or ability. here a list i came up with:

Olimar = Pichu
Ike = Roy
Lucario= Mewtwo
Wario = Dr. Mario
Lucus= Ness
Metaknight= Kirby
DDD = Bowser
Charzard = DK
Ivysaur = Yoshi
Squirtle = Pikachu
Sonic = Capt. Falcon
Wolf = Fox
Pit= Jigglypuff
Z-Samus = Shiek
Diddy = Young Link
ROB = Samus
Snake = Link

Revven

FrankerZ
You should just get melee and hack it so you can have all the characters/stages of brawl lol.
You wouldn't even be able to do this as there wouldn't be any data of these characters from Brawl in Melee. Hacking is only editing what's given to you in the game's memory so... this wouldn't be possible.

Otherwise, lol @ if this was a joke.

link2702

Smash Champion
Why don't people understand the brawl out of the box is not an Ideal game? They think we just want to make it more like Melee but that isn't the point. We are simply tying to make the game better the only way we know how: president. We look at what worked in the past and apply it now.

It's not about moving backwards it's about taking the series forward, continuing the progression in a long running line of truly competitive (albeit accidentally so) games.

Anyone who posts on these boards should be like minded in this endeavor. When have we ever been content with just what we were told we could do? When did our glorious community and mentality decide to settle for a sub-par experience? Have we simply forgotten how we used to enjoy competition in games past? While at the same time there are those valued among us who truly never knew and did not have the chance.

Why not, if it is in our power do we not fully support such a calling? Is it the fear in our hearts, or the doubt we have in our fellow?

Neither of these things should ever hold hold us back. Because there is nothing we can't overcome nothing we can't do if we work as one.

That is what I am trying to say. We can do this! We all can help! We all can benefit!

Sorry I had to do this in this tread but once I started I couldn't stop myself.
:/ ok then, why don't you just hack in the sliding Usmash for link and others into melee, 'hey, it is awsome in brawl, it'd only make melee better!" I gurantee no one would do that, even though by the way you make things sound "it'd only make melee better, and move it forward"

see? no one in their right mind would do that, because people would instantly go "your hacking melee! you can't do that, to give link his Sliding USmash from brawl!" but yet its perfectly fine to hack brawl and give it all the things taken outta melee = /

why don't you just start hacking melee more then, and help its "progression" :ohwell:

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
:/ ok then, why don't you just hack in the sliding Usmash for link and others into melee, 'hey, it is awsome in brawl, it'd only make melee better!" I gurantee no one would do that, even though by the way you make things sound "it'd only make melee better, and move it forward"

see? no one in their right mind would do that, because people would instantly go "your hacking melee! you can't do that, to give link his Sliding USmash from brawl!" but yet its perfectly fine to hack brawl and give it all the things taken outta melee = /

why don't you just start hacking melee more then, and help its "progression" :ohwell:
Melee has mechanics way better than the boost smash which is actually just a throw away technique it doesn't need it, and aside from all that it wouldn't be possible. We are talking about things that are possible and moving forward modifying Melee would be a step backwards.

link2702

Smash Champion
Melee has mechanics way better than the boost smash which is actually just a throw away technique it doesn't need it, and aside from all that it wouldn't be possible. We are talking about things that are possible and moving forward modifying Melee would be a step backwards.
modifying ANY game like this is actually a step backwards, your forcing the game and the community, to play it liek YOU want it, trying to make this legal in the brawl tournies is just sad, instead of trying to find ways to make brawl better, the WAY ITS ALREADY programmed, you instead, decide, that, lets just hack and turn it into "melee2.0"

and its still the same concept, if "hacking brawl" will help move it "forward" and help its "progression" then by that logic, so should hacking Melee, it'd help "its progress" and "move it forward"

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
modifying ANY game like this is actually a step backwards, your forcing the game and the community, to play it liek YOU want it, trying to make this legal in the brawl tournies is just sad, instead of trying to find ways to make brawl better, the WAY ITS ALREADY programmed, you instead, decide, that, lets just hack and turn it into "melee2.0"

and its still the same concept, if "hacking brawl" will help move it "forward" and help its "progression" then by that logic, so should hacking Melee, it'd help "its progress" and "move it forward"
There only one main reason why we are hacking brawl instead of melee, it's because brawl has more content. Second, any game you mod, be it minor tweaks or a full make-over, you can never satisfied everybody. What makes a mod successful is that you appeal it so that a majority of people would like it. And saying that modifying any game is a step backward is stupid. If you think about it, all FPS games are just mod of DOOM, but according to you, all the game we've been playing today are just game that have been taking many steps backward

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
has anyone found anything broken with the wavedashing/sheild canceling?????

and y are ppl still asking for hitstun, like i said before it wont do anything because u can still airdodge no matter the hitstun, and if u say hitstun will prevent that here is what i found

On attacks that put you into a tumble there is a fixed period of time after you are hit that the game will then let you dodge or use an A attack even though you were still in hitstun. It's the same amount of time whether you were completely blasted off the stage or it was just a moderately powerful hit, and is separate from hitstun. It's why you can dodge/attack before you even leave the stage on a KOing hit. If the stun actually ended at that point then you would also be able to jump or use a B move immediately as well before leaving the stage.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
and y are ppl still asking for hitstun, like i said before it wont do anything because u can still airdodge no matter the hitstun, and if u say hitstun will prevent that here is what i found
Melee airdodge + hitstun. durr

B.W.

Smash Champion
Well here's the L-cancel/Shield cancel hack in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRHA4aqVJ2Y
Quoted for Wind Owl.

has anyone found anything broken with the wavedashing/sheild canceling?????

So what that quote was saying is you are in hitstun, but you can use A attacks out of it and air dodge out of it. You just can't jump or use B moves out of it?

If that's the case, it's really just a matter of killing the command that says you can attack/airdodge while you're flying away.

I really don't know if that's how it works or not, and I'd love to test it myself, but I again.. Have no Wii with me..

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Oh, thanks, I missed that.

EDIT: That was amazing. We should make a list of aerials that benefit from it, because I believe it takes 9 frames to shield drop (3 or 4 if you're just buffering a dodge or grab).

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Code:
[B]Shield Canceling:[/B]
80000000 80623320
80000001 00000000
60000006 00000000
60000003 00000001
4A001000 00000000
4A101001 00000000
36000000 00000032
58010000 00000004
DE000000 80008180
58010000 00000060
DE000000 80008180
92210002 0000007C
58010000 0000007C
58010000 0000002C
92210003 00000004
4A001002 00000000
34000038 00000015
36000038 00000019
4A001003 00000000
10000084 00000080
E2000002 00000000
80100001 00000008
62000000 00000001
E2000003 00000000
80000001 00000000
80100000 00000244
62000000 00000000
E0000000 80008000
10ilovephantomwings

B.W.

Smash Champion
Oh, thanks, I missed that.

EDIT: That was amazing. We should make a list of aerials that benefit from it, because I believe it takes 9 frames to shield drop (3 or 4 if you're just buffering a dodge or grab).
I agree, it looked quite handy, and it looked as though it sped things up quite a bit.

My only complaint is that it sounds to me like it's too easy to do, because from what I understand all you have to do is hold a shield button at any point you're in the air as opposed to timing when you have to hit the button.

Of course with a shield, I don't see how you could make it easier, because no matter what you hold the button.

My complaint is that it just seems too easy to do, but since I can't test it I don't know for sure.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Frankly if this were becoming standard I would be upset about the learning curve as well, but since it will only be used for friendlies and side-tournaments, and because only a handful of aerials benefit from it, AND because Phantom Wings is bored with making Melee 2.0 codes, I think we should just take what we have and go with it for a while.

EDIT: Phantom Wings made a BETTER cancel code that's more like L-canceling <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom