• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario vs. MK, an even Matchup?

Dojo

Smash Champion
Bwett took him to last stock last hit and dojo ran him to time at college station winning by 10% with yoshi.

Razer beat him fs5 w/ snake.

Anything earlier is probably irrelevant lol There's also people whp have beat his MK in MM's without using MK.
Lol I wasn't doing so hot before CoT4. I was in a slump between Oh Snap and then. Multiple players have been able to beat me from around the south up until then. Lee, Razer, Roy, DMG, hell even Ice beat me. I've always been inconsistent up until that point, I haven't lost a tourney set except to M2K since I've been back.

PX and Billy have been my closest matches since then. Closer than my matches with Roy, Razer, and Lee even. Hell I beat DSF harder than I did them.

As for MK vs Wario, I've always had match-up problems with it. Every set I've ever played with DMG's Wario has been to the wire, although I haven't played his Wario recently. PX went close with me as well. However, after I had seen how Judge! beat Reflex's Wario at CoT4 I wondered how he did it so easily. I think match 3 was a JV 3 stock. I've recently talked to him about the match-up and he gave me alot of advice on it. I haven't played a Wario with my MK recently, so we'll see what happens when I do.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Just letting you that (not to be a **** or anything), Reflex is a great player but his Wario is pretty unorthodox and less-than-efficient (I seen him do stuff like jab > dsmash), and the MW Warios are a bit behind the curve atm.

I like our matches though, Dojo. They're apparently epic no matter which characters are used, lol.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Unorthodox or not, he's still a great player none-the-less. As I said, we'll see what happens the next time I play a Wario.

And yes, our matches are always really fun. I always have to try extremely hard against you. xD

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Don worry Dojo, I got something gay planned for you when we next play.

I've figured out why I lose close matches.

It's because I don't punish hard enough.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
As for MK vs Wario, I've always had match-up problems with it. Every set I've ever played with DMG's Wario has been to the wire, although I haven't played his Wario recently. PX went close with me as well. However, after I had seen how Judge! beat Reflex's Wario at CoT4 I wondered how he did it so easily. I think match 3 was a JV 3 stock. I've recently talked to him about the match-up and he gave me alot of advice on it. I haven't played a Wario with my MK recently, so we'll see what happens when I do.
"Thats ****ing bull****, i know what i have to do now..."

lol :)

OverLade

Smash Hero
Just letting you that (not to be a **** or anything), Reflex is a great player but his Wario is pretty unorthodox and less-than-efficient (I seen him do stuff like jab > dsmash), and the MW Warios are a bit behind the curve atm.

I like our matches though, Dojo. They're apparently epic no matter which characters are used, lol.
Yeah Reflex does try some rather unusual approaches. I had a lot more trouble playing against Gmoney even.

Not to discredit him because he's a really skilled player, but he's only placed well in FL due to timing people out in general......

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
wario matches take like 7 minutes. why do people say hes fun and stuff moving around in the air pulling little sneaky shananigans. bites and farts and bustin out bikes .

you main a clown!

nasir123

Smash Ace
I think it's 55:45 MK or so, Wario does have a lot in survivability and power, but MK's range makes it really hard for Wario to get in and do much. Possibly closer than that but I'd agree that player skill is the main factor in this matchup, I just think it's a bit easier for the MK.
listen man u r right but the thing is, is that wario has a lot of super armor and sisgointed hitboxes, so in my opinion it doesn't matter at all, because spacing will not help you its the smarts that will

Some_Kind_of_JokÈ?

Smash Apprentice
wario matches take like 7 minutes. why do people say hes fun and stuff moving around in the air pulling little sneaky shananigans. bites and farts and bustin out bikes .

you main a clown!
lmao.
thats why wario is fun.
shananagins :p hes the only one who can do it right :chuckle:
bike+bite+fart = really fun options to screw with ppl.

also i LOVE how reflex used the bike against you R.H. it was so funny. i almost religiously play with the bike tires mid-match just throwing them around and catching them for fun :p imao

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Bike is fun, its even more fun when your in mid-combo, then just bank out and run to the other side of the stage to taunt spam, it really messes their minds up. Course, I usually do that when I know a Fsmash will kill them, I can connect with them through SA very very well, I've even developed some online timing with that too >.>.

mcnizzle123

Smash Rookie
One of the Best players is mk. he is fast and powerful, which is a great combo of abilities to have, while wario is slow and doesnt have many good moves, other than his fully charged fart(just be sure not to kill urself!!!!). In this match up, i'm going with mk.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
U best not be trolling us. Wario is far from slow lol.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Wario is not slow, maybe ground mobility, but his attack speed is not slow, all his smashes are fast, all his aerials are fast all his specials are fast. Ftilt maybe his only slow move.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
fiction had the best wario in the nation lol

but m2k is playing him a bit agressive, un careful. you can camp back and wario will get a littel agressive, air dodgy, which is where u will punish.

the rest is just dont fall for farts/ f smashes, all easier said then done

oh and that bloody bike is a dam distraction!!! lolol

OverLade

Smash Hero
fiction had the best wario in the nation lol

but m2k is playing him a bit agressive, un careful. you can camp back and wario will get a littel agressive, air dodgy, which is where u will punish.

the rest is just dont fall for farts/ f smashes, all easier said then done

oh and that bloody bike is a dam distraction!!! lolol
Na I don't think camping an aggressive wario works well at all if he outsmarts you. Wario approaches too fast for you to just stay low to the ground and throw out fairs....

M2K played aggressive in all 3 matches, just Ficiton adapted well in second match (which is probably why he went back to the stage). Then M2K won match 3 because he adapted to Fictions changed playstyle, therefore outplaying him and winning. I think this is the greatest testament to the matchup being even we've seen so far.

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
I always thought of this matchup to be 55-45 Wario. Wario gets a free up smash after MKs Grab release does he not? I never seen Fiction do it so I maybe mistaken. If so then Wario for the first time actually has better grab release priority in the matchup then his opponent :p. I think 50-50 would suit this matchup perfect at high level play.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Na I don't think camping an aggressive wario works well at all if he outsmarts you. Wario approaches too fast for you to just stay low to the ground and throw out fairs....

M2K played aggressive in all 3 matches, just Ficiton adapted well in second match (which is probably why he went back to the stage). Then M2K won match 3 because he adapted to Fictions changed playstyle, therefore outplaying him and winning. I think this is the greatest testament to the matchup being even we've seen so far.
3rd match m2k started brickwalling him like he was supposed to have been doing the whole time, and won by a comfortable margin because of it. He was only really aggressive once fiction was high in the air

I was playing with m2k last week before he went to cali. When he was overly aggressive, our matches were even. When he started playing gay, they weren't

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
How about that Fiction vs. M2K? :)

EDIT:

Linked for those who aren't in the loop.
M2K played that match bad... Not to dis on Fiction, but that is like a dream come true from a Wario perspective: Having the MK always come to you/making him play perfect more than you have to.

Third Match M2K played it much better. Most of M2K's mistakes came from him approaching Wario fairly unsafely. Once he corrected that, he forced Fiction to approach safely, which Fiction had trouble doing.

Also xXTACXx, Wario can indeed DACUS Usmash on MK after grab release. However, not only would throwing be a better option since it would net you a lot of guaranteed damage, but Usmash is VERY easy to SDI out of. That means that even if Wario grab released MK and did DACUS Usmash, MK would take at the most 4-6%/2-3 hits and then be able to counter attack Wario for the same, if not more, damage. That's why you never see Wario's even attempt to pull that off, because it's quite close to Useless.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion

False, false, and false. M2K played the match fiction won horribly, doing things like down tilting twice even though the first one wasn't even spaced, missing jumps out of n-air/down airs etc., it was obvious

M2K wasn't covering his metaknight well at all, which allowed Wario to get in.

Stop ignoring this

OverLade

Smash Hero
Alright it was wishful thinking on my part. -_-

Still I wouldn't call what M2K did "camping", though I'd say it's playing extremely conservative approachwise.

Padô

Smash Lord
I think the 3rd match was pretty weird, M2K started to play agressive then he realized he was gonna get farted if he continued, then he started to play defensively which is the way the Wario should be playing, just waiting for mistakes and lags...

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
I believe wario vs mk is actually 30:70 in mk's favour wario has to try so much harder and can't really approach meta except with the bike, apart from that all he can do is fake a nair and punish it's petty hard getting the fsmash in aswell.

When mk's have learnt this match up i don't believe wario will stand much of a chance, i think ice climbers fair much better against mk.

Tero.

Smash Champion
I believe wario vs mk is actually 30:70 in mk's favour wario has to try so much harder and can't really approach meta except with the bike, apart from that all he can do is fake a nair and punish it's petty hard getting the fsmash in aswell.

When mk's have learnt this match up i don't believe wario will stand much of a chance, i think ice climbers fair much better against mk.
Wario doesn't need to approach.

Top Bottom