• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario vs. MK, an even Matchup?

judge!

Smash Ace
wario is tricky. gotta be patient. Dont forget after there 2nd jump they cant get out of nado. but iv always said falco was mk hardest matchup. prob just me though =P

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Who needs to get out of it when we can dair it or shield it? :p

I also farted Domo out of tornado in a friendly we played, I'm going to start doing that more, lol.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Who needs to get out of it when we can dair it or shield it? :p

I also farted Domo out of tornado in a friendly we played, I'm going to start doing that more, lol.
Dair doesn't work if MK just moves Nado to catch the side of Warios Dair. Reflex tried it several times in our matches (watch the videos) and I just moved over so Nado's gayness would catch him.

Yeah farting out of Tornado could work, as Marth can UpB out of Nado if you DI to the side then UpB. If people start doing that....I will be afraid. XD

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
my friends wario up B out of shield and fast falls. it would seem so easy to punish but he mixes it up so well it makes me laugh i cant play seriously and gay lmfao he like screems UP B!! as wario when i mis a shuttle loop/ arial

anyway would u guys agree the list goes
MK
snake/warrio
falco
diddy?

OverLade

Smash Hero
Pikachu is probably somewhere in or right after that list......

But probably. He's probably harder than Diddy at the highest level at least.....

ADHD

Smash Hero
MK
Snake
Diddy/Wario
Pikachu
Falco

Falco just gets gimped and if the metaknight limits the air to it's fullest (cough m2k) then falco can never reach the ground once he leaves it :)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
ADHD, the same reasoning you used for Falco goes for Snake. Good MKs will ALWAYS gimp the Snakes, it's so nasty to watch.

OverLade

Smash Hero
ADHD, the same reasoning you used for Falco goes for Snake. Good MKs will ALWAYS gimp the Snakes, it's so nasty to watch.
Snake is a hundred million times easier to gimp than Falco.

He has alot of other things to make up for it imo, falco really doesn't...
Illusion cancelling means that Falco can Side B just out of reach of you chasing to punish him. If they have good DI they'll never end up below the stage unless you can perfectly intercept his side B with a dair. at low percents, which is worth the risk but unlikely to pull off. Gimping a good falco is impractical to say the least.

Snake can reverse nade back to the stage which is predictable and still punishable. If he airdodges you can anticipate it and dair, which puts Snake in a horrible position. If he Nairs/Bairs back to the stage you can Uair or even smash DI then Dair through his Nair and still gimp him.

And judge personally who do you think is more difficult, since you seem to be the only one in here that consistently plays a good pikachu. Falco/Pikachu/Diddy?

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Wario can Aircamp MK, don't forget that. If Wario gets a stocklead, there is nothing MK can do about it but bend over and take it. Wario can avoid all of MK's kill moves very easily, and thats what makes this matchup so hard vs MK. That, and vs the average MK, Wario has a tech chase infinite to 120%

OverLade

Smash Hero
Wario can Aircamp MK, don't forget that. If Wario gets a stocklead, there is nothing MK can do about it but bend over and take it. Wario can avoid all of MK's kill moves very easily, and thats what makes this matchup so hard vs MK. That, and vs the average MK, Wario has a tech chase infinite to 120%
Tech chase infinite? Vids or it didnt happen.

And you can get at an aircamping Wario using Shuttle loop and Tornado as he descends from the second jump.

MK
Snake
Wario
Pikachu
Diddy
Falco

I think the list of Viable counters looks something like this in order. I've never played a good pikachu so I can't say about the tossup between him and Pikachu.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Tech chase infinite? o_O

Sounds like BS to me, lol.

And Halberd, Wario can be fooking hard for MK to hit if he wishes it to be so. And you don't really want to shuttle loop randomly against a Wario b/c he can get under you and upair/waft.

EDIT: I bit M2K out of tornado! Apparently bite has some invincibility frames somewhere.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Tech chase infinite? o_O

Sounds like BS to me, lol.

And Halberd, Wario can be fooking hard for MK to hit if he wishes it to be so. And you don't really want to shuttle loop randomly against a Wario b/c he can get under you and upair/waft.

EDIT: I bit M2K out of tornado! Apparently bite has some invincibility frames somewhere.
Na I've learned that trust me. I mean Shorthop Shuttle loop when Wario is jumping over you. You can fly down immediately and it's impossible to punish if you do it correctly. Wario can airdodge it sure, but its very fast and legit pressure against an aircamping wario.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Its using what Mmac found for us Phantom, and how he though MK could be Dthrow infinited. You can techchase MK or punish him since he can Sidestep or reverse shuttle, but thats all he can do to escape it, and when diminished the timing for MK to get out is even tighter.

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Wario can bite mk out of tornado but I dont people can do it consistently.
RedHalberd: About your list on the hardest match-ups, do you think olimar should be on it? He is pretty easy to gimp, but it is really gay when olimar camps.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Its using what Mmac found for us Phantom, and how he though MK could be Dthrow infinited. You can techchase MK or punish him since he can Sidestep or reverse shuttle, but thats all he can do to escape it, and when diminished the timing for MK to get out is even tighter.
I really doubt you can Dthrow infinite MK in anyway.

His options would include rolling to either side.... If he rolled away, I doubt wario runs fast enough to tech chase him.

I played Pyronic star in a MM up in MD/VA and after I learned to gimp him I had no trouble. Olimar is too light so he's easily caught by Uairs and once MK gets under him it's over...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Relying on guessing what your opponent is going to do does not affect matchups at all -_-

Nor does it make something an "infinite tech chase."

Master Raven

Smash Master
Can't MK just run away instead of rolling if he gets Dthrowed, assuming he isn't thrown near the edge?

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
yea dude u can just walk away from it and even grab him / (pivot?)

anyway i learned today that clap and fsmash kill no matter how many times u dam wariors use it. the freaking guy landed 3 claps cuz i was being stupid and predictable thats clost to 40 % wtf!

then 2 fsmashes so now im like at 100 and the third one killed. i guess no DI but wario shielding a grounded up B is pretty much free up air clap kills at 110 with di -_-. the best thing to get free dmg on wario is predict where he will land/ bike/ get off bike and grab releases

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
:p, fine Phantom, but a diminshed Dthrow can be used to do a semi infinite on MK up to a certain percent, unless my test dummy sucks at breaking out of it. Mmac was on to something. MK can get out around 112% or so.

IF my test dummy sucks at breaking out, then yeah, use Fthrow for 12% damage, which is about 1/8th of MK's life, if not less. Don't forget, Fsmash SA frames can let Wario hit MK through his Fair, I've done it lots of times. Really, FAir is MK's most annoying attack unless I land close enough to do SA Fsmash on him.

OverLade

Smash Hero
:p, fine Phantom, but a diminshed Dthrow can be used to do a semi infinite on MK up to a certain percent, unless my test dummy sucks at breaking out of it. Mmac was on to something. MK can get out around 112% or so.

IF my test dummy sucks at breaking out, then yeah, use Fthrow for 12% damage, which is about 1/8th of MK's life, if not less. Don't forget, Fsmash SA frames can let Wario hit MK through his Fair, I've done it lots of times. Really, FAir is MK's most annoying attack unless I land close enough to do SA Fsmash on him.
Your test dummy is clearly on some strong *** alcohol or something.....cuz his reactions must be a bit off......

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
If hes bad, hes bad and I've lost a theory. At anyrate, Wario does beat MK's Dtilt with his Dtilt. not sure if Wario's Dtilt will beat MK's Ftilt though.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You seem to have some misconception about the staling of Wario's dthrow too. As it stales the dthrow actually sends them farther away from Wario, which is why the CGs end after a while.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Wait, I was thinking non-diminished. Sorry, thanks for the clarification Phantom, I get things mixed up in my head sometimes. At anyrate its like the infinite release CG bowser has on MK, not really much to turn it around since its so hard to get right. Really, the only thing Wario has a hard time getting around is Fair spam, other then that, Wario pretty much dominates MK.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Wario can bite mk out of tornado but I dont people can do it consistently.
RedHalberd: About your list on the hardest match-ups, do you think olimar should be on it? He is pretty easy to gimp, but it is really gay when olimar camps.
I sure as hell do. If oli had a good recovery he'd probably be an MK counter

OverLade

Smash Hero
Wait, I was thinking non-diminished. Sorry, thanks for the clarification Phantom, I get things mixed up in my head sometimes. At anyrate its like the infinite release CG bowser has on MK, not really much to turn it around since its so hard to get right. Really, the only thing Wario has a hard time getting around is Fair spam, other then that, Wario pretty much dominates MK.
Ummm not exactly.

What my match vs.Reflex.

Almost everytime I got hit it was due to a mistake. Wario cant just run over MK, if MK plays perfectly Wario cant touch him. You have to methodically mix up approaches in order to get MK to slip up.

Dont make it sound do easy lol.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
At anyrate, Wario does beat MK's Dtilt with his Dtilt. not sure if Wario's Dtilt will beat MK's Ftilt though.
MK's Dtilt has ridiculous disjointed range. I somehow doubt Wario's Dtilt matches this range. Either way, it is a helluva lot laggier - MK can throw out 2 dtilts in the time it takes you to do 1.

Stick to the air for the most part, you don't outrange MK on the ground. In the air at least you can make use of your great mobility, which is amplified even more because MK's aerial mobility is awful.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
MK's Dtilt has ridiculous disjointed range. I somehow doubt Wario's Dtilt matches this range. Either way, it is a helluva lot laggier - MK can throw out 2 dtilts in the time it takes you to do 1.

Stick to the air for the most part, you don't outrange MK on the ground. In the air at least you can make use of your great mobility, which is amplified even more because MK's aerial mobility is awful.
Don't underestimate Wario's range. I've never tested the dtilt theory, but Wario's jab has the same range as MK's dsmash.

Picture proof of it's lol-range:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3644/3405767186_2fe608f632.jpg?v=0

Top Bottom