• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

SuSa

Banned via Administration
How do you get to that STUPID robot when he is under a STUPID platform spamming his STUPID lasers?

Yes I am bitter.
Learn to hold down to go through STUPID platforms and don't start the aerial until right after you go through?

Or CP stages where he can't camp under STUPID platforms with his STUPID lasers.

tl;dr
lurn2powershield

Timbers

check me out
Little sounds better than Small for whatever reason (to me XD)
but you hear both in bed

oh snap...

Under what circumstance would you guys say Wario becomes the most vulnerable? I've never really seen anything that ever puts you guys in a "oh **** dat ***** gonna get *****" situation. Wario seems to have answers to pretty much everything...it's like a little MK without 40 jumps...

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Is the jab good to try to force Snake to use Cypher or there is other option for it? Fiction used it once on a Snake.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
but you hear both in bed

Wario seems to have answers to pretty much everything...it's like a little MK without 40 jumps...
Lol @ this. I think Wario can't get grabbed. He has some ugly **** grab releases, its so gay. Trying to not getting grabbed is pretty difficult, even for Wario. But yeah, i don't kno any other reasons when he's in a bad position.

Timbers

check me out
Yeah but I think that **** only applies to like what Snake and other Warios? and I think DDD

edit: oh wait i forgot that like theres 20 other characters in this game, so like Peach and ZSS and Yoshi LOL i guess.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wario does have an Oh **** situation, but only against certain characters, and that's if he's below stage level and has no spare jump/waft and is forced to bike against someone with good, lingering/rangy moves and good enough recovery to return on stage. If they have weak hits that you can't DI up, you can pretty much say bye to your stock.

Also, DMG, jabs are massively good. They clash with almost everything, which then leads into your move of choice (as you'll have buffered). Any time you jab you can grab after it, it combos into fsmashes at higher percents. It's basically an extra 3 percent every time you grab. I just throw it out when I'm at a decent range from them and it's unsafe to ftilt b/c their range is huge anyway. I find very little use for double jab, but jab canceling is amazing.

Jabbing is fine to force up b if you're close enough to do it, I like using weak fairs or weak nairs, personally.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Learn to hold down to go through STUPID platforms and don't start the aerial until right after you go through?

Or CP stages where he can't camp under STUPID platforms with his STUPID lasers.

tl;dr
lurn2powershield
If I start to come at him and fall through the platform, he sees it coming and either runs away and pivot grabs, or just spot dodge -> D-smashes.

And you can't win on CPs silly. I did beat the guy in question on my CP though.

And powershielding justs keeps the situation even, doesn't really help me by reflecting stuff. I am starting to regular shield and try to grab the top, but he just shields than and we are back to square one.

I like falling through to a bite though, but that doesn't always work.

Popertop

Smash Champion
but you hear both in bed

oh snap...

Under what circumstance would you guys say Wario becomes the most vulnerable? I've never really seen anything that ever puts you guys in a "oh **** dat ***** gonna get *****" situation. Wario seems to have answers to pretty much everything...it's like a little MK without 40 jumps...
getting predicted is really Wario's biggest weakness.
and that's the players fault

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario is the most vulnerable when he isn't running away with a lead.

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
DMG you are under-estimating the grab. Although lately I have found myself in situations where it is much better to grab than to jab (lol rhyme) I do feel that the jab has many uses that lead to funny mind games or set up for combos. The stun from the jab is amazing. I think jab grab strategies should revolve more around how your opponent is playing. If he spot-dodges more, jab combo more, if he shields more, grab more. Like Phantom said you can buffer the jab into many sweet things. I like to D-throw to jab to F-smash. Really funny especially on those tricky Snakes who like to spot-dodge everything so they can pummel you with their tilts.

On the Wario vulnerability issue, DMG and Phantom both have it down, coming back on a big slow bike under the stage is no fun and playing catch up is no fun because it makes you play sloppier. Don't spam those F-smashes!

bassem6

Smash Lord
No kidding about the jab. I have actually landed jab> half or 2/3 waft at higher %'s. Both offline and online! hehe.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Imagine the massive hype there would been if fiction won against M2K. Came **** close too.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
No kidding about the jab. I have actually landed jab> half or 2/3 waft at higher %'s. Both offline and online! hehe.
Fsmash works, and it's 9 frames before it hits, so a 5 frame waft should as well, assuming you're close enough... I'm always scared of wasting it though.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Wario's jab like dair is not so predictable visually though, and though it's slow for being jab it is a very good jab.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Just wait. It builds up over time. but try to release it before you start glowing brown, so your opponent doesn't know it's fully charged (and two near-charged are better than one fully-charged).

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Just wait. It builds up over time. but try to release it before you start glowing brown, so your opponent doesn't know it's fully charged (and two near-charged are better than one fully-charged).
Fully Waft does amazing 40% damage though, and the rising knockback of it is better than the 40% Waft. Can the opponent avoid a rising fully Waft after an up throw?

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
i thought just the first hit of the jab combo did 6 damage? i don't feel like turning my game on to check so maybe somone knows offhand

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I wanted to ask this question for a while, anyone that uses a Classy Controller or have knowledge of a Classy Controller knows the best alt controls to able to do DACUS more simply?

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
Fully Waft does amazing 40% damage though, and the rising knockback of it is better than the 40% Waft. Can the opponent avoid a rising fully Waft after an up throw?
you know, i'd assume no for sure. The fart just takes way too long to get to them and up-throw is a little laggy. However, now that i think about it, you can probably easily follow their DI and bait some air dodges, then waft. I'm gonna try that.

As for the questions about the 6% jab and the classic controller, i have no idea lol

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
Does wario have the capability to momentum cancel like G&W's bucket breaking and DK's UpB? Would the bike stop Wario's momentum?

Popertop

Smash Champion
yes, the bike stops all momentum, but you have to buffer it during an airdodge.

it's only usable really when you get knocked cross-stage at high percents

otherwise it is better to momentum cancel with Dair

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's all personal preference. Wario doesn't really need to uptilt, so you can keep it on if you'd like. It personally messed me up a lot and I end up wasting jumps, but that's also b/c I'm so accustomed to Tap Jump OFF.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
With Wario it's better have the tap jump on or off?
I actually have tap jump on, a lot of people I have talked to say they can't stand having tap jump on with Wario. For me, it makes Uairs easier, and it also doesn't force me to press the jump button two times quickly if I need to Double jump from the ground quickly (with tap jump on, I can press Jump, then press up on the control stick and hit A to do a quick Uair).

Tap jump off is just too weird for me, if it helps you play better then turn it off.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
I actually have tap jump on, a lot of people I have talked to say they can't stand having tap jump on with Wario. For me, it makes Uairs easier, and it also doesn't force me to press the jump button two times quickly if I need to Double jump from the ground quickly (with tap jump on, I can press Jump, then press up on the control stick and hit A to do a quick Uair).

Tap jump off is just too weird for me, if it helps you play better then turn it off.
Basically this. I've got it on for the same reason basically. That, and its easy to launch attacks with the Cstick, and DI with the control stick at the same time.

Lovely

Smash Lord
people put tap jump off if they were bad at melee
♣ Or they want to use Wario's Up Air without the worry of random jumping. If you play a different control that's not GameCube then you might have to turn it off like the Classic Controller. ♥

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
I specialize in random baseless comments. sup shadow. you drop meta for wario
i see. secondarying wario.
after seeing fiction fight the mks so well i have a new interest in using him in that matchup though. i just seem to have trouble approaching when they have the percent advantage and i can't just camp lol. f tilt + dtilt destroy me >_<

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Stop being terrible, then Shadow!

I don't have too much trouble vs MKs either. It's one of my favorite matchups, as gay as it may be that he can upair a million times.

Top Bottom