• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Our only real hard matchups are Marth and MK. These are the ones that, without a doubt, we are disadvantaged on. Closer ones like Dedede are very debatable, I personally think we have the advantage overall, while others think Dedede wins overall.

G&W is even, could be slight favor for us. I've not looked into it too heavily aside from the sets I have with Hylian and UTD Zac (although he usually plays my G&W or Diddy in teams, not my Wario in singles).

napZzz

Smash Hero
How does the knockback on wario's dair work? I fail at following it up because I dont know how they will pop out everytime.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Last hit has all the knockback, so pay attention to whether the last hit hits them or not.
what I mean is how do I figure out if they're going to go the left or the right after I hit them. Is there a certain way to force it? I tried figuring it out in some matches but I could never get it right.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If you want them to go right, make sure the last hit hits them with the right half of Wario's head, and if you want them to go left, the opposite.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You can't force in which direction they SDI, but you can guess that if you're not fully centered on them, that they'll DI in the direction that is less "occupied".

Gah, my English skills suck, so I'll make a diagram.
Legend:
U = Wario's head
_ = Body of the other player

__U__ -> You can't really tell where they'll try to SDI to.
_U__ -> They'll try to SDI to the left
__U_ -> They'll try to SDI to the right

I hope that was clear. x.x

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
I still think its even with MK, hes just a very annoying match since its so fast. Its mostly due to the fact that we have an easier time killing him then he does us, as hes the 4th lightest in the game. (Hes lighter then Kirby I think as well, go figure.)

Not to mention a well-timed Fsmash can destroy his approach game.

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
Wario beats all of those characters but Marth IMO. However, you have to play pretty gay sometimes to get the win.

If Wario isn't your natural main, go ahead and use another character for tournaments. It's hard, this late into the metagame, to pick him up and try to do well with him. However if you have practiced with him for awhile, you can try to stick with him and try to improve, but it won't be easy.
Well I don't really have a 'natural' main. Wario is who I keep coming back to after my stints with other 'easier' chars like GW, Olimar and Dedede.

I'm confused by what you meant. Are you saying that it's not worth picking up Wario because it's so late in the metagame(whatever that means)?

I guess I will stick with him. I know I don't have a prayer of winning any tourneys at least in the short term, so I'll just play him and hope I can pick up on it.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
He means that the other characters will have no extremely hard time with a "young" Wario, that you will need a lot of experience and playtime, as well as tons of patience before you could think of placing at tournaments.

Wario is an extremely difficult character to learn because his playstyle is so different to other characters. :)

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I couldn't find a general discussion thread or anything, so I figured i would ask here; Does any of you play online? I need some good wario practice.

Popertop

Smash Champion
The biggest problem I've had with Dair is people smash DI'ing out not to the side, but up and then away.

It's really gay with Marth cause he can Fair right after.

It doesn't really happen all that much, in fact the only player I've seen do it is Takeurlife2, but it's so gay I try to combo and he just gets out and fairs me away.

Muro

Smash Lord
is there a list of warios grab release infinites? i would like to know that and also the pseudo infinites and how to avoid them (im looking for stuff like forcing a ground release or any trick like biking away in zss case), i know some of them but i dunno them all and i think its a good thing to have in wario's boards

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well, pseudo infinites are Dedede, Sonic on the edge with your DJ gone, a few other characters on the edge with your DJ gone.

Actual infinites are Ike (Pivot back grab, very frame intense), Ganondorf, Bowser, and I believe 2 others (forgot them for now, not sure who they are ATM. Gimme a day and I will remember them lol).

Muro

Smash Lord
Well, pseudo infinites are Dedede, Sonic on the edge with your DJ gone, a few other characters on the edge with your DJ gone.

Actual infinites are Ike (Pivot back grab, very frame intense), Ganondorf, Bowser, and I believe 2 others (forgot them for now, not sure who they are ATM. Gimme a day and I will remember them lol).
thanks a lot, its just that i saw a post on the tier list thread that scared me a little, he was stating something like 8 infinites with DJ and 2 without, i knew wario had issues but i never thought they were that bad, im glad it really isnt xD

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
thanks a lot, its just that i saw a post on the tier list thread that scared me a little, he was stating something like 8 infinites with DJ and 2 without, i knew wario had issues but i never thought they were that bad, im glad it really isnt xD
There is a lot of really painful grab-release combos characters have though, such as Snake's nair/utilt, and MK's SL.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
When talking about Wario can escape ZSS grab release dsmash pivot grab with a buffered Bike, what means buffered? Escape with Bike in the other direction? Or something else? And can Wario escape with up b?

Muro

Smash Lord
There is a lot of really painful grab-release combos characters have though, such as Snake's nair/utilt, and MK's SL.
well but theres a big difference between that ands loosing a stock right away, i can live with that, i can play my normal game without being too afraid of grabs, in the case of snake i just need to worry when im at kill %, not everytime

Popertop

Smash Champion
power shield his lazer

and take his gyro away from him and don't give it back

most robs love their gyro and it's half of their spam if you take it they can't even use charge mindgames and it becomes a useless attack for them.

Wario can kinda edgeguard ROB just be careful of getting baired then you can't really recover after that aside from biking under the stage and wafting back up the other side

I have more I will edit this post later

philbobjoe

Smash Journeyman
What's the best way to get a hit on the Ice Climbers? I can run away pretty well, but it is pretty hard to land a hit without being grabbed.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ The best way from coming back to the stage is using Bike first, then jump back if the stage is too far. Also it depends on what attack you get hit by when you want to DI, so I can't help you there. ;_; ♥

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
As Wario I have a problem that when I get knocked upwards into the air I regularly end up being juggled and it racks up a lot of damage on my Wario. Any advice on how to avoid this happening with Wario?

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
Question time :3

The fart? I want more details, from experience when is it best to be used or combo'd or etc?

DACUS - If I dashed, hit the target then I immediately up smashed, rather than fully cancelled the dash...what happened o_O? Am I supposed to hit with the dash, sort of like Snake's DACUS?

Super Bike Jump - What is that?

Thank you kind friends <3

Popertop

Smash Champion
use the fart when they are vulnerable

Wario's boost smash is the hardest to do it takes a while to get the timing down, its really fast. I don't actually know the timing for when you hit them lol

super bike jump happens on a slope when you get hit during the bikes invincibility frames

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i never use dacus and im a good wario.
fart... just use it man...

whats up wario world? i never come here.
i never go anywhere except the alabama thread because of the mods :(

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
For the super bike jump, what even happens? You just go flying up in the air and eventually die to the side?

The fart well...I just use it lol but like, above, below, to the side, what is preferable depending on the situation?

Popertop

Smash Champion
you want to hit with it at/near the edge if possible. preferably offstage. like, you bait the airdodge and fart.

with the SBJ Wario just bikes reeeaaaalllyy high, and slowly comes back down. he doesn't die.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
i never use dacus and im a good wario.
fart... just use it man...

whats up wario world? i never come here.
i never go anywhere except the alabama thread because of the mods :(

SHASLAM! I've never seen you on smashboards.

This guy is a ****ed good Wario.

Also, I like DACUS. Its nice for catching people off guard as they land. Never use it when you are in killing percentages though! Its fast, and does decent damage, but its risky. When I am in kill percents, I play verrrryyy safe though.

Top Bottom