• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No Fsmash takes too long to start up. Wario can double jump out of the way. If he does not have a double jump however, I'm not sure. Airdodge takes longer to start than DJ, so it's possible if Wario moves low enough for Fsmash to connect as soon as possible.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Why is Wario so unhealthy if he eats so much garlic? I would figure he would be pretty skinny ;D

S

smash brawl player 99021

I figured ;D Aren't bikes part of a daily balanced diet though? I eat one every day. A bike a day keeps the doctor away ^_^

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
ok so i was under the impression that when a short character grabs wario and goes for the release, the only way wario was going to air break was if jump (either x,y, or up) was the last input made before the release. However, sometimes mk will grab, go for break, i'll start mashing, realize he's going for the break and then start tapping down, b, a, l and r or something, however i'll still air break.

after trying it more if you do a quick mash and then only tap those buttons, it seems like half the time you air break half the time not, so whats the deal is it random?

6HyPeR9

Smash Cadet
I was messing around in brawl and, Wario has a grab release on Meta like Yoshi and CF has, Soo grab release to DAC.
Anyone else know about this?

Oh and you can also grab again and do a dash attack.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
@hyper- grab release to DAC works but unless you have frame perfect timing MK will slip out and have time to punish you.

@leatherhead- Better off fthrowing or uthrowing him unless a tire is right in front of you, at which point you can glidetoss a tire to fart or fsmash

@fastfire- its good because its his highest horizontal priority aerial. Just autocancel it or drop it into peoples shields when u can knock them off onto a ledge.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Is Wolf's vertical grab high enough? It's only guaranteed if we don't have a DJ... not Wolf exclusive though.

You can also do any attack you want out of it.

JCav

Smash Lord
ok thanks for your time wario boards, sorry if this brings any trouble to you guys lol

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
ok thanks for your time wario boards, sorry if this brings any trouble to you guys lol
safe to say no one cares that much lol

Oh well, at least I now know that Toon Link can handle Wario... right? I say this because my luck with Toon Link has never lost to a Wario. =D
Toon link loses to wario

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Aww, I guess the Wario mains I played didn't have Toon Link exp then. At least I use King Dedede. =P

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
ok so wait, if you press jump at ALL while being grabbed you break out? hmmm, which means you should always mash out with a/b/l/r then and never the control stick. i swear someone said it was the last input you put in before you break that decides it.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Thank God, when Omniswell used Wario, I just SD myself because I can't stand playing Wario with Kirby.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
We don't care what you've decided?

Lots of Luigi's still think they have a 60:40 on us, doesn't make it true in the slightest.

We just agreed Metaknight is slightly worse for us than 45:55... and you're no Metaknight.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Wow, so hostile LOL

Popertop, Snake is Kos-Mos' personal worst, he's not that bad :p

So, what would I have to do to prove that it's 60:40? Beat Fiction in a set? Beat Futile in a MM? Or maybe three stock DMG in a MM?

Wait.

I just did all of those things at Genesis.

It's 60:40.

:psycho:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Who an individual person can beat means nothing when deciding matchup numbers, that's how it's always been :\ Was the Fiction one a friendly set, b/c WC is pretty gay about what they consider counting or not? Also, Futile has not yet reached back up to par playing wise. See? There can always be johns and **** when it depends on people, all that matters is what characters do to each other. I've played more than my fair share of good Peaches (including yourself in those late-night friendlies, KOSMOS in many, and Slikvik in tournament), and there is nothing that she can do that makes me believe this would be as hard for us as MK.

Besides, everyone knows DMG can't win vs things he can't aircamp~ :p

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Im starting to have troubles with TL. Though there arent to many TLs around the good ones are a pain in the but to beat. Its pretty hard to camp against them. That Zair is a thing you always have to watch for. Then the boomerange that goes offscreen so you cant see when it comes back. Once i get close its a litttle easier. I try to bait the fsmash since it lags real bad. Im not sure if Uair can beat his dair either but i usually dont try because its hard to time. Its hard to punish his attacks besides fsmash. They come out really fast and he can roll away or jump to try his zair combo. Its very annoying but i think i just need more toon link experience (lol ive only faced two good ones). Any tips?

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
nah. peach vs wario is even. trust me. i play both chars and can do the match-up from both sides. I won't go into detail. i don't care enough to ever make a long post

toonlink is in warios favor. I don't know how badly because I don't care enough to conjur up a match-up ratio. I beat the best one in tourney a couple weeks ago. also you don't camp toonlink. learn to attack

edit: genesis is ****ing ridiculous. why don't i ever save money...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, I'm somewhat regretting not having gone to Genesis too, slikvik. A lot of TX doing quite well, and I can hang with those that repped, would've been nice to get some more Wario and SW rep up there (possibly, of course).

You gotta stay on Toon Link's ***. He's like an Olimar that kills and racks damage a lot worse but can't be gimped and lives longer.

Top Bottom