• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

bowz

Smash Journeyman
Hi there Wario boards. I'm gonna main wario now. Falco has officially gotten boring. Since this is a Q&A thread, umm.. how do i win with him? =]

IxxI

Smash Fence
OMG? Bowz?
You're like my Wi-fi rival lol.
You and I always had intense Falco vs Snake matches.

I too have gotten bored with my main, and I want to play Wario. He's too fun.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Haha, I have read that guide.
I have spacing pretty much down.
I just need to work on the pseudo combos.

Which combos do you guys recommend I learn first? (The combos that are the most situational)

A

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
I need MAJOR help with ZSS, my method is SOOO outdated you wouldn't believe. I'm going to just keep the picture up and move on.

You know what? I'm bored, going to put on some music and just write 3 character summeries back to back.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'll do it tomorrow maybe, tired and lazy atm.

OK, I have a question now, for a change.

Everyone knows we have a Full Waft, and a Half Waft... but I think we need to come up with names for the other 2, b/c I'm getting tired of telling people about when I use the "Less then Half Waft but bigger than smallest Waft."

I think we should call the tiniest waft something like "The Poot" and we can call the other one the "Tiny Waft" or "Small Waft" or something.

I'm open for ideas here, let's just come to a consensus on something XD

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
I'll do it tomorrow maybe, tired and lazy atm.

OK, I have a question now, for a change.

Everyone knows we have a Full Waft, and a Half Waft... but I think we need to come up with names for the other 2, b/c I'm getting tired of telling people about when I use the "Less then Half Waft but bigger than smallest Waft."

I think we should call the tiniest waft something like "The Poot" and we can call the other one the "Tiny Waft" or "Small Waft" or something.

I'm open for ideas here, let's just come to a consensus on something XD
it should go

no or trip (which one?) waft--> the poot --> half waft --> full waft

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Zero Poot, Quad Poot, Half Poot, Full Poot.

Makes sense.

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
lol look at dmg, all mathematical and ****

p.s. dmg, when will u have the risk/reward vs ddd equation ready, so i can have my calculator nearby while i play ddd to decide whether it's worth doing a move or not. And your aircamping physics equation, so i can know exactly how to aircamp which opponents. Thanks in advance!

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
we should call one of them the "poop waft", just because that sounds awesome. or "poop poop"

edit!!!::

formula:
ssbbguy: Ok
ssbbguy: Formula is
ssbbguy: f(x^0.6)= {[(12y)^(z + 2) - (1.66667684L + COS 3r^5s)] . G(e)}
ssbbguy: Basically
ssbbguy: It takes into account the characters size/hitbox size relative to Wario
ssbbguy: Their airspeed/double jumps
ssbbguy: Size of the stage
ssbbguy: (Assuming an entirely flat stage, haven't written it to cover, say a stage like YI or Battlefield, although I can do it in about half an hour)

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
well i dont really expect for wario and kirby to be in bite range with in each other and start biting each other at the same time so i dont know and don't really want to check. I will say that the bottom of warios mouth is the weakest area to bite, so a grounded wario/kirby will always outbite a biting wario/kirby falling down from above him.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Did you test them both from a grounded state, and at the exact same distance every time?

I know Wario has a tiny uncovered portion near his feet, so Kirby, being small, would probably have advantage from closer than further (not including the fact that Wario's bite hitbox is larger).

Popertop

Smash Champion
the smallest waft, which trips them, should be called the poot.

the next biggest waft, the one that does 17 damage, should be called tiny waft, or small waft.

the next biggest Half Waft

the biggest Super Waft or Full Waft

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
ZERO WAFT
QUAD WAFT
HALF WAFT
FULL WAFT

I am telling you this **** is EASY to remember...

Oh my poot is barely/zero charged, what should I call it? ZERO WAFT

Oh my poot is getting stronger, but it's still weak, what should I call it? QUAD WAFT

Oh my poot has marvelously gained the ability to kill well, what should I call it? HALF WAFT

Oh my poot now does 42%, and I glow Brown, what should I call it? FULL WAFT

Popertop

Smash Champion
ZERO WAFT
QUAD WAFT
HALF WAFT
FULL WAFT

I am telling you this **** is EASY to remember...

Oh my poot is barely/zero charged, what should I call it? ZERO WAFT

Oh my poot is getting stronger, but it's still weak, what should I call it? QUAD WAFT

Oh my poot has marvelously gained the ability to kill well, what should I call it? HALF WAFT

Oh my poot now does 42%, and I glow Brown, what should I call it? FULL WAFT
DMG, this makes no ****ing sense.

Oh my fart is tiny and doesn't do anything, what should I call it? THE POOT

Oh my fart is bigger, but still small and cute, what should I call it? SMALL WAFT/TINY WAFT

Oh my fart is stronger now and actually already has a name. HALF WAFT

Oh my fart is has super armor now, and already has a name. SUPER WAFT/FULL WAFT

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
What are your options when you're air camping. How can you punish him. I usually FFDair, but that gets predictable and leaves me with some lag. I often also use Bite if they shield alot. But what can i use aswell besides tthose 2???

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well technically if you are trying to run away, you won't normally throw out attacks except when you are almost certain you have guaranteed punishment on your opponent. I'd focus more on not getting hit while you run away instead of striking back.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Then when SHOULD you strike? When you see an opening? And what are your options to strike your opponent? Also, i might need to know how to fight MK's. My main is Marth, and he has some bad time against MK. Wario, has a 50/50 match-up VS him, but i still get pwned. How do you fight them?? And lastly, how do you punish Roll Dodge Spammers while your airborne or just on the ground? I need to know this because i know a guy who loves to Roll Dodge behind me and do some crazy stuff.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Scare him into rolling and fart or fsmash behind you... such an easy and effective way to punish. If they roll away from you instead you bike or DACUS.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Okay, thnx alot i'll try to remember that. Right now, i don't really know why i should Air Camp. Sure, it is annoying and makes your opponent make mistakes, but how do i punish them? What moves, Dair, Nair, Bite? What more. I might need to watch some more videos :(

lucha5

Banned via Warnings
Punish when they try to approach you. d-air's maybe or bite to dacus. I mostly use n-air for approch or playing it safe. With wario once they mess up you can string some great stuff,If just know what to use.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Shhhh... I'm being lazy.

I guess we should go with Poot, Little Waft, Half Waft, Full Waft. Little sounds better than Small for whatever reason (to me XD)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Every aerial can be auto cancelled. The least useful one to auto cancel is Uair, since if you use Uair close enough to the ground on someone's shield then the frame disadvantage for Wario is tiny. That and Uair autocancels fairly late into the move, where it's more useful usually to just fast fall it into the ground or try to drift away from the opponent.

Bair is the easiest one to visually know if you autocancelled it right. Just SH it, don't fast fall, and use Bair. If Wario lands on his back with lag on the ground, then you used Bair too late. If Wario does Bair and lands feet first with no lag, then you have done it right.

Dair is kind of complicated. You can auto cancel it at varying heights, fall speeds, and with different or no fast falling timings.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Alright legit question.

when do you apply jab mixup with wario? this is one thing I absolutely CANNOT slip into my game for some reason. I'm so used to other jabs and just using other methods. I've seen a fair amount of wario vids (something I don't do often, but I had to find out) and some of you guys jab at the perfect times.. maybe once or twice a match only, but I want to know what goes through your head when you decide to jab.

thanks alot

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'll be honest. I almost never jab.

I think that grabbing outshines jabbing in almost every aspect. Grabbing beats shields, is faster, might have more range, can't clank with other attacks, you can do it instantly from a shield, and it guarantees more damage once you throw your opponent. You can also pummel opponents to refresh moves.

Jabbing IMO is only better if you use it and your opponent spotdodges, so you time the second jab to hit them when they are vulnerable. You can also Jab to Fsmash or grab, but this depends A LOT on what range you use it at and whether your opponent SDI's it or positions themselves to avoid the follow up.

I feel the same way about Dtilt: Grabbing is absolutely better than Dtilt in almost every aspect except that it is one frame faster than Grabbing.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Almost always just for the guaranteed damage. Sometimes I will Dthrow just to mix it up, but usually I always Fthrow, even if I have my back to the edge and could Bthrow.

bowz

Smash Journeyman
K, when you bite, is it you in control of how long he actually holds on, or is it the opponent? Like breaking out of a grab

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Opponent. All Wario can control is how many times he chomps, and how fast he chomps on them. If you press B faster, he chomps faster, but will also chomp on them more, evening out IIRC. The opponent can usually shake out very fast if they try though.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
How do you get to that STUPID robot when he is under a STUPID platform spamming his STUPID lasers?

Yes I am bitter.

Top Bottom