• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] The Perth Power Rankings ~NEW UPDATE 23/09/10~ Version 5.2

Alzi

Smash Master
Thanks for that Bob it actually was the most perfect sense you could put it and you just have.

It's a reason why i am below Muzga since i have vsed him once in a tournament round and he beat me knocking me out thus why he is above me. Even though i beat kane last tournament does not mean kane goes below me because he doesn't have much trouble against Muzga i'm assuming. I get it now but i know it's not all baced on who beats who then theres the other factors that people suggested.

Just one question what if Richard beats Vlade when we continue the tournament? Will that make him move up above Vlade or will it just bring thoughts that in future Richard might go above Vlade? What if either of them move on but then lose to Glenn what will happen then? :psycho: But i doubt one match will make a huge diffrence to make them move up since they would have to constantly show that they can beat that said person. So if Vlade wins the next tournament it won't mean he will go straight to 1st since he can't constantly be at Sam's level of play.

Muzga

Smash Ace
Thanks for that Bob it actually was the most perfect sense you could put it and you just have.

It's a reason why i am below Muzga since i have vsed him once in a tournament round and he beat me knocking me out thus why he is above me. Even though i beat kane last tournament does not mean kane goes below me because he doesn't have much trouble against Muzga i'm assuming. I get it now but i know it's not all baced on who beats who then theres the other factors that people suggested.
Actually youre very wrong about that. Kane and i go even most of the time in mk dittos. the reason hes above me is because most of the time he does better against richard and vlade then i do.

And the reason i was put above you is because ive yet to lose a set to you, On a good day i go even with richard and alister

You should pay more attention to things:p

Alzi

Smash Master
I was just guessing that he did well against you but thanks for making it clearer.

I haven't vs'ed Alister or Richard in ages now. Espially Vlade. I can vs him next tournament instead of forfieting to see how i go against richard though. ;) But i doubt i can make it to a tournament so i can't do that. Best option is to vs richard in friendlies since thats when he is playing more insane.

Richard7

Smash Ace
With regards to this whole Vlade/Ric thing

1) Richards level of play is extremely volatile given his mood at the time that he plays. If he is angry or upset or under a lot of pressure he DOES choke. I'm not trying to talk **** but at squat Richard had the potential to place higher then he did. Vlade has put in some work to learn about this game, does a lot of research and plays at a consistently high skill level with a ridiculous character and consistently beats more of our high placing players with the exclusion of kane, As a result we decided Vlade should be higher then Ric

2) If ric overcomes some of the hurdles brought about by his own laziness, if he actually bothers to learn the ins and outs of this game and if he learnt more about tech skill Richard could become very dangerous and a threat to samuels reign of terror. I think that richard has the potential to come out above vlade but until he bothers to try to learn more about his options and more with regards to tech skill it's not gonna happen.

Edit: Also suck it up alzi.
I'd have to say, this is all quite true. The stuff you said about moods is true. Thought I'd fix your post quickly too. :chuckle:

In regards to match up talk, for me, I basically have no match up experience despite versing TLs and Falcos oftenly, I don't learn anything about the characters, I don't play differently against certain characters because of the match up. The only point where I will play differently against certain characters are those with projectiles. I don't know how to explain it other than to say my brain is incapable of learning something like a match up. My brain literally does hold me back in Brawl. :(

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I think you let yourself hold you back in brawl Ric_ Everyone is capable of utilizing more then they restrict themselves to_ The problem is people's mental states which stop them from making the right choices_ Overcoming these boundaries is essential if you want to achieve higher results and greater confidence with your abilities_

Example_ I understand the mechanics of Brawl alongside various matchups and Shiek's capabilities_ In other words i know what to do but sometimes i just don't do it because i restrict myself mentally_ Vlade gave me a great example of referring to the 'autopilot' mechanic we often put ourselves into_ In short, it is where we create mental habits that our minds automatically make our bodies do without first thinking through the scenario_ Examples are always rolling on stage to recover or always spot dodging certain approaches_ Breaking away from the habits and teaching your mind to think, process and utilize it's development will better assist your overall performance_

Here is a great link for anyone looking to break down the walls_ Great read i suggest everyone look at them_ http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=106060

Alzi

Smash Master
I just pretend i am pro at brawl and know how everything works and i do ok in my matches.

True Romance

Smash Ace
Predicts a meteoric rise up the list by Andy in the near future! IMO top 5 in a couple of tourneys time.

Infact cos I'm at work and bored I'll do a full prediction of the perth power rankings in 3 tournaments time, for the lols :p

Current #1 Corpsecreate - Continues to dominate all his matches in tournament, other then one tight match against Ric. However due to always over sleeping and not making it to a tourney on time, Vlade wins his first Perth tournament. There is much rejoice, but not by Sam because he is of course still asleep. Ending position #1

Current #2 Vlade - Redeems his effort against Glen by eventually finishing 2nd in starfox 4, and then takes his first tournament win in Sam's absence. Has a strong 3 tournament run, placing 2nd, 1st and then 3rd, losing a set to an inspired Ric after being upset and put into losers by Gnasalfdkgjkof, in a very hard fought match. Ending position #2, all the while he still finds time to style on kids at TvC.

Current #3 Richard - After being talked down off the church roof by Kane at "Mic gave me a lift!", Ric decides to shed his emo suicidal inclinations and unleash his "super saiyen" Alzi style. Defeats Vlade at Star Fox 7, and then goes on to 3-0 Sam in the first set of GFs. However Sam claws his way back and ends up taking the tournament winning set 3-2. Ending position #3, but the boy is on the rise!

Current #4 Roman - Drops dramatically in the rankings due to his new found interest in SF, and a fetish for small children who chain grab. No one cares cos he's a dirty ex MK player anyway. And a ****. Ending position #10.

Current #5 Glenn - Falls completely out of the power rankings due to mysteriously dissapearing the night after "mic gave me a lift!". When asked, his brother chewe says "I TOLD HIM HE SHOULDN'T PLAY JIGGS IN DOUBLES, BUT WOULD HE LISTEN??? NO!". Months later Alex's finger prints are found on a pink pillow that is supposedly the murder weapon used on Glenn, who's body is eventually found underneath Alex's bed. I know right, ironic being smothered to death with a pink pillow? Ending position #dead.

Current #6 Muzga - Another unfortunate case of completely falling out of the power rankings, how ever this time it's on a slightly more happy note. After attending waapa for a few months, Andre meets up with some like minded induviduals to form a Rap Crew, who have their first single "You Mad?" debut at number #6 on the Aria charts. Gives up smash, cos he's rich biatch. Ending position #famous.

Current #7 Alzi - Moves up in the rankings due to the poor showings/lack of life/being too rich of the players above him. Strings two sentences together at a tournament during a set against Ric. Ric is so shocked and amazed he SD's on the match point stock of "Mic gave me a lift" and commences to climb the church roof and threatens to kill him self. Alzi shouts "Ric come down, life's worth living if you got spirit tracks!". This does not make Ric feel better. Ending position #5

Current #8 Ghnaschnakoff - In a twirling cluster **** of nannas, Andy storms up the ranking list. Winning upset sets off Ric and Vlade. He is unfortunately slown down after a 3rd, 4th, 4th tournament run when Andre returns with his crew and shoots andy for being "MAD", and something about banannas being what's wrong with society today. Luckily as always, when andre aproaches he slips only inflicting a flesh wound on Andy, but by the end of this period Andy is still recovering from a bullet wound to the leg. Ending position #4, and crippled.

Current #9 Jupz - Goes up the rankings due to a void created by other players, becomes the first player in Perth and Australia to time out all of his opponents in every set victory he has for 3 tournaments. Despite Kane becoming his biggest fan, the rest of the Perth scene become aggravated and create the "house" rule of never allowing Jason to play a high tier character again in Perth tournies in order to punish him. Kane talks him down off the roof of the church at Star Fox 7 due to this. Ending position #6

Current #10 Lord Bowser - Also goes up the rankings due to a void left above him, Trav finally gives in to the lure of MK and becomes Perth's only 100% dedicated MK main, as Jupz is of course banned from using MK, a rule that Trav initiated whilst laughing maniacly. Cameos in a music video for Andres new rap crew who also happen to be called "The Masked Love Bandits". Ending position #7.

Hope you enjoyed :p

Alzi

Smash Master
I seriously LOL'D. Wow kane if you were me and posted random stuff all the time on the forums you would be doing a better job then me.

I'm going to be playing TvC alot then one day when you don't expect me i will attend a tournament and everyone will be all like ALZI we haven't seen you in ages man? Whats it been like 4 years since you last played brawl? I win that tournament only because samuel dies Yoda style and i avenge and win my first tournament. Then next day we hear information on the new smash bro's and everyone ditches brawl and hypes new smash bro's game and i facepalm.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Andy's will be coming true - he's gonna be shot one day for all the banana spam :p

Alzi

Smash Master
Andeh was a good player. But he never did show a huge intrest in brawl before then he moved on to Ness and Pit and others and he was trying to learn them but it seemed like he didn't care much on learning how to play them at a decent level.

So he went back to his Monkey friend so he's back again and it's about time to!

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
I played Pit pretty seriously actually. I was thinking about possibly helping his metagame. I think the main reason I stopped playing him was that I wasn't getting enogh practice outside of tournies so eventually I was terribad with Pit. Yeah I've been on and off Diddy for ages but ADHD has inspired me to stick it to all the MKs :p

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
funny **** :laugh:.....i can see this hapening.....well at least the glenn part :bee:

Splice

Smash Hero
Kane what about me? I know I'm not top 10 in Perth yet but one day maybe? Dont you think :(

MTGod

Smash Champion
Lies!!! Slanderous Lies!!!!

Everyone knows I will be on that list soon enough - first pure low tier user on that list since Trav Metawhored himself out recently (unless there's a change for the good on the horizon???)

MTGod

Smash Champion
*waits for someone to point out the obvious innuendo, because explaining jokes makes them funnier :D*

MTGod

Smash Champion
G+W vs Lucas match-up:

Lucas has mindgames......

/matchup discussion :p

Top Bottom