• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] The Perth Power Rankings ~NEW UPDATE 23/09/10~ Version 5.2

MTGod

Smash Champion
@Shaya: Sam and Ric didn't show up, so they forfeited their matches in Starfox 4... Glenn defeated Vlade in an epic finals :p

As for IGALWM, I believe the results have been lost in the Perth thread somewhere :p

Oh, and just noticed something:

And without further adieu,
Vlade, it's ado man :p Adieu means goodbye xD

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Full Results of Mic Gave Me a Lift is as follows,

1st - Vlade (Falco,MK)
2nd - Muzga (MK)
3rd - Roman (ICs, MK, D3)
4th - Nasch (Diddy)
5 th - Jupz (MK, D3)
5th - Lord Bowser (Bowser, GnW)
7th - Trill (Rob, MK)
7th - Glenn (ICs)
9th - Pete (MK)
9th - Techno (Snake)
9th - Quets (Peach)
9th - MTGod (Lucas)
13th - Tails (Link?)
13th - Weegee (Wigi)
13th - Braddles (Zelda?)
13th - Alex (Peach?)
17th - Mic (PT)
17th - Brsk_ (Sheik, ZSS)
17th - Marteh (Ness. MArth)
Here .

Jupz

Smash Master
I went all MK lol. needz more d3. I just got into the MK zone against glenn but I should have gone D3 against andre. Kane used D3? I thought he went all IC's?

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
1st- glenn, IC
2nd- vlade, MK/falco
3rd-sam, TL
4th-ric, ????
5th-alzi, TL
5th-muzga, MK
7th-kane, MK???
7th-gnasch, Diddy???

like 99% sure im right except for characters

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
interested to se what happens to these rankings. Personally think sam, ric, vlade should stay in the same spots. Glenn and kane should be discussed or reviewed again. Last results kane, 7th, 3rd. Glenn 1st, 7th pretty even lol not really sure on that one. Muzga should probs stay where he is and gnasch should maybe be put ahead of alzi? Everyone else looks about right. Thoughts?????

MTGod

Smash Champion
To be honest I think think we should review the PPR after a couple more tournaments, not just after every one... I mean, it only takes two losses in a tournament to get eliminated, which could very well be caused by an off day... Or the other way - you could have an unusually brilliant day and do better than you actually are (*cough*myself*uncough* :p)

I say wait until the next tournament at least, where hopefully the whole crew will be there :D

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Or the other way - you could have an unusually brilliant day and do better than you actually are (*cough*myself and Techno*uncough* :p)
QFT.

seriously. i did a lot better than i should have against people. though i didnt place better than last time. i certainly upped my game.

i just need to get it up some more

inb4 that's what she said

True Romance

Smash Ace
Eh the fact I was playing 100% mk to help buff out before the tourny and then didn't touch him probably didn't help much lol. I have gone top 3 twice now not using mk, so I'm slowly getting over my addiction ^_^

Alzi

Smash Master
Alex you are right about the placments.

I should actually be off that list since i can say for 100% i won't come to the next tournament so theres no point in having me there. Remove me off the list meaning Andy goes up one, Jupz goes up one, Lord Bowser goes up one meaning theres a 10th spot and that can be filled by Trill.

Glenn and Kane thing imo needs some good discussion. Glenn and Kane for Equal 4th would look good. :p

But just keep in mind Sam, Ric and I didn't attend this current tournament meaning if we did it would of had a impact on the placings. So samuel would of definatly come 1st Vlade probally would of made second richard 3rd meaning everyone would be pushed down.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
#1 Corpsecreate :toonlink:
#2 Vlade :falco:
#3 Richard :wario::metaknight::gw::rob:
#4 Roman :metaknight::dedede:
Muzga :metaknight:
Ghnaschnakoff :diddy:
Glenn :popo::falco::metaknight:
Jupz :dedede::metaknight:
Lord Bowser :bowser2::metaknight:
Trill :rob:

this is basically how i think the PR should look like. IMO. got any beef. bite me.

swordslad12

Smash Cadet
So how come people have different number of ppl? i is new lol

^ edited woops soz pete

Alzi

Smash Master
If Glenn is capable of beating Vlade and Richard while Muzga has not performed that so often then there is no way Glenn should be 7th Rick. Even if he did stuff up bad last tournament lol.

Roman has been capable of beating Vlade and Richard so thats why the Glenn vs Kane thing i find kinda hard to toss up and make a choice.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't know if Andre has beaten richard or vlade before in a tournament set i'm sure he hasn't though.

Muzga

Smash Ace
Welcome to the WA scene by the way swordslad. Dont mind pete, Hes just mayud
Edit: Also i think a lot of you guys have a tendency to underestimate me as a player. Don't pretend i get ***** by any of the top players except samuel. If i keep placing consistently well and i'm not moved up soon i am going to be disappointed.

I'm not saying i should be above kane or glenn at this point but if current trends continue then don't continue to ignore them

Technodeath

Smash Champion
yes, but im sure Andre constantly puts out a decent amount of good placings. more so than glenn.

i dont know if this is fact. but im assuming so.

Andre may have not taken a set from Alister, but he's taken matches from him within those sets. (i dont know so much about richard) and Glenn may have beaten Alister in a set (no offense but that frigate **** was too bull to count :/ ) or two.

but i still stand by my rankings and opinions.

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
yes, but im sure Andre constantly puts out a decent amount of good placings. more so than glenn.

i dont know if this is fact. but im assuming so.

Andre may have not taken a set from Alister, but he's taken matches from him within those sets. (i dont know so much about richard) and Glenn may have beaten Alister in a set (no offense but that frigate **** was too bull to count :/ ) or two.

but i still stand by my rankings and opinions.
as far as consistency goes if you average it out glenn still has a higher average then everyone other then allister, ric and sam, so if you base it on consistency glenn should be 4th. Im not quite sure why the general thought is every1 else is way more consistent then him, this is just plain wrong.

glenn has beaten allister in sets before this GF. The 2nd last tournament he knocked both allister and richard into loosers bracket. Also he has beaten sam in game's, not sets though. I dont think andre or gnasch have ever taken a game of sam in a tournament set, also they have never taken a set of ric or allister.

Wouldnt higher consistent placings and the fact that glenn has beaten players that neither andre or gnasch have been able to beat be proof enough that glenn should be higher then them if not kane?

edit-yes muzga i forgot to mention before i was amazed at how much you have improved, you really kept up with vlade in those matches, very impressed. If you dont mind me asking how did you improve so much, did you play a lot with sam? lol. Having said that i dont see who you can overtake unless you begin to start taking sets of ric, allister ect. Not that i dont think you can do it in the future, especially if you keep improving at your current rate, but as things stand i think there is a difference between glenn/kane and you

edit again - when they do get updated falco/mk should really be taken of glenn seeing as though he hasnt used them once in the last 2 tournaments lol

Alzi

Smash Master
Andre you actually need to place well and play better to get higher.

I know this tournament you came 2nd but that will never happen again. IMO This tournament that went on last time i am completly ignoring because Samuel and Richard didn't attend it. It just stuffs up the placings so much.

Muzga is going to stay 5th for awhile. Well he is going to drop down soon because Andy is going to be climbing that monkey tree higher to reach those Banana's arnt i right? ;)

Alex i totally agree with you dw this will change soon this list was just a starter it does change from time to time. I mean Glenn forces Vlade and Richard to actually USE METAKNIGHT. Metaknight is a cheap character as we all know and many use him just so they can win certain matches. This means that Glenn actually gives a threat to Vlade and Richard so he is a threat.

But i am liking Andy. As i said his banana tree is very huge and he can keep climbing it until he reaches that goal of his. But dw guys once i come to a tournament i will come 2nd.

Muzga

Smash Ace
as far as consistency goes if you average it out glenn still has a higher average then everyone other then allister, ric and sam, so if you base it on consistency glenn should be 4th. Im not quite sure why the general thought is every1 else is way more consistent then him, this is just plain wrong.

glenn has beaten allister in sets before this GF. The 2nd last tournament he knocked both allister and richard into loosers bracket. Also he has beaten sam in game's, not sets though. I dont think andre or gnasch have ever taken a game of sam in a tournament set, also they have never taken a set of ric or allister.

Wouldnt higher consistent placings and the fact that glenn has beaten players that neither andre or gnasch have been able to beat be proof enough that glenn should be higher then them if not kane?
You put forward an interesting case.
I have taken sets against richard twice in the history of our tournaments,
The problem is when glenn loses sets to lower ranking players that both kane and i would beat consistently.
I can see you have a good grasp on the statistics and i understand that but i dont think glenn has ever taken a set off of trav, he lost to trav and jason. It's bizarre because he seems to do well against our better players but is inconsistent when he plays against the lower pr players

Andre you actually need to place well and play better to get higher.

I know this tournament you came 2nd but that will never happen again. IMO This tournament that went on last time i am completly ignoring because Samuel and Richard didn't attend it. It just stuffs up the placings so much.

Okay, if you think about it a tournament without samuel doesnt negatively effect anything. At the moment as far as im concerned samuel is still a player who is clearly outside the bell curve of perth skill. At this last tournament if samuel was there the chance is that quetz wouldnt have gotten the chance to demonstrate his potential. It doesnt stuff up anything and i think you are having a hard time accepting the fact that i am getting better at this game. Also you have no basis for saying that i will never come second again, Ive knocked kane out for 2 tournaments in a row, placed higher then glenn and I beat andy in close sets and came close to beating vlade in the finals of that last tournament. You are right about one thing, i still have a lot of work to do on how i play, but you obviously have no idea what youre talking about.

Muzga is going to stay 5th for awhile. Well he is going to drop down soon because Andy is going to be climbing that monkey tree higher to reach those Banana's arnt i right? ;)

Dont be hating because im better then you <3

Alex i totally agree with you dw this will change soon this list was just a starter it does change from time to time. I mean Glenn forces Vlade and Richard to actually USE METAKNIGHT. Metaknight is a cheap character as we all know and many use him just so they can win certain matches. This means that Glenn actually gives a threat to Vlade and Richard so he is a threat

I already adressed alex's post but your logic is bad. Metaknight isnt an auto win and alister doesnt NEED to play as metaknight to win, but that being said he realised he needs to work on the falco/icies matchup and decided he needed to mix it up with something else.

As for richard, Hes always been a de facto metaknight player. Theres nothing strange about richard using metaknight and so for him it doesnt make **** any more real. MK is just another x character to use for richard.

But i am liking Andy. As i said his banana tree is very huge and he can keep climbing it until he reaches that goal of his. But dw guys once i come to a tournament i will come 2nd.

and once again i have no idea what youre talking about
OH SHI-
taste mah rebuttals

Vlade

Social Outcast
Alex i totally agree with you dw this will change soon this list was just a starter it does change from time to time. I mean Glenn forces Vlade and Richard to actually USE METAKNIGHT. Metaknight is a cheap character as we all know and many use him just so they can win certain matches. This means that Glenn actually gives a threat to Vlade and Richard so he is a threat.
Anyone that can chaingrab with ice climbers is a threat to me as a falco player. The only other character I can play somewhat decently is indeed metaknight and even that is still argued a 55:45 matchup.

Also, consistent tournament PLACINGS =/= consistency

It's all about who you lose to

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
In my opinion i feel that Glenn should go into 4th place but his consistency lacks slightly against lower placing opponents_ He holds well and truly well against people like Vlade, Sam and Ric, but occasionally seems to stumble and fall during some matches_ If he can overcome these boundaries, then i will undoubtedly be arguing for his position as 4th_

Andre holds consistent rankings and matches against the majority of players within the scene_ Watching him against Quetz for example, i noticed he adapted fairly quickly by the second set_ His conistency is what holds him in his place_ Kane is fluctuating a little but has hastily been overcoming this in recent tournments_ Should be really close between Andre, Kane and Glenn next PR_

Nasch has boosted skill wise dramatically_ He is starting to hold strong against our higher ranked characters, but i feel he is suffering some similar downfalls as Glenn_

Trav is consistent against most players alongside Jupz, but both seem to hit a wall against certain players tournament wse, not so much friendly wise_ Character balancing for Trav should change this quickly_

Alzi hasn;t been to the last few tournaments so it wil be interesting to see how he holds his reputation_ Granted, i see him adapting very well during previous tournaments alongside seeing Sam's influence on his playstyle and technique_ Needs to come to more tourneys before he slips away_

In regards to Vlade's post_ This is why i'm looking at taking up ZSS_ Glenn appears to be becoming a threat and i'm looking for more options without resourcing a chaacter such as MK_ High tier just isn't my feel_

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
would you and kane consistently beat trav and jason? they arent push overs and glenn did only just loose to both of them. That was the first time glenn and trav played in a tournament set so no glenn hasnt beat him, i have seen jason and glenn play before though and glenn has beaten him, not sure who usually wins this is going back a while ago and they have both improved. I dont think glenn has ever lost to any of the other PR players so i really wouldnt say hes inconsistent agaisnt lower PR players

I think the list should be determined from judging people at their best. People have off days and will loose to the unexpected player on these days. Example, maybe 4 tournaments ago vlade came 7th or something when he also lost to jason. This didnt mean that "x" person became better then vlade it meant he was having an off day. Vlade was still considered one of the better players because we all new wat he was still capable of acheiving and he still had a higher average placing then anyone else who placed better then him that day.

Also not so long ago Ally (for those of you not aware who he is the best snake in usa, debatably the 2nd best player in the country) placed 5/7th (not quite sure) at a tournament. Same thing as allister, doesnt mean hes automaticly worse then everyone else, he had an off day. Next tournaments he was back to placing higher

Glenn was not playing very well near the end of the day and thus lost to travis and jason. As i explained before this doesnt mean "x" player is better then him because glenn has achevied far more then "x" player, and still has a much higher average placing then them

That being said if it happens frequently and glenn or "x" player is unable to repeat/mantain previous success then obviously they should fall in their ranking.

thats just my opinion, lol

p.s sorry for spelling to tired to go back and fix it :)

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
Go me for creating another debate that will most likely end in attacks and flaming.
i really havent seen any perth threads that end with attacks or flaming, or maybe im just oblivious to them lol. I think its ok to discuss where people should be ranked after each tournament, but i will probs agree with both vlade and jesse that we really shouldnt update it after every tournament, maybe after every 2nd or 3rd 1. How often does every other state update theirs, any1??????

Top Bottom