• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] The Perth Power Rankings ~NEW UPDATE 23/09/10~ Version 5.2

MTGod

Smash Champion
It's all well and good to judge people at their best, but if they only play at their best 20% of the time, or during specific known MUs, or under other conditions then it becomes not viable for it to be the sole reason for their placement, as the PPR is evaluating players as a whole... "Off days" are overcome statistically by more results, and more results can only come from more tournaments, so let's hold off on the redesign of the PR :p

Rediscussion of PRs are done whenever there is a general consensus on change, thus it doesn't need to be scheduled necessarily... It could take 10 tournaments before even the slightest change in the PRs surfaces, and on the same token it could take 3... Then again, if you can put up a case for a change in the PRs then the panel can discuss it if it holds water, which is what you are doing now, so that's cool - remember a panel still may not see every angle :D

MTGod

Smash Champion
Sam and Ric didn't make it to the tournament finals due to "unforeseen circumstances" on the day (a total lie because Kane predicted it a few weeks ago :p), and therefore forefeited their matches... Glenn came first, Vlade second, I imagine Sam and Ric tied for third by default...

I would've said it will be explained in the commentary, but I wasn't too sure how on topic things were kept, and the commentary volume is competing directly with the game volume unfortunately... Stupid microphone not picking up stuff...

MTGod

Smash Champion
Wow, that's actually a pretty good argument, Kane... Although I don't agree with the part where Regent argued tournament results should be considered isolated instances due to inconsistent attendance, because (for our scene at least) we have a pretty consistent group of players showing up to every tournament, and even if people stopped showing they would be taken off the power rankings...

Just my opinion though, other people might think otherwise... :p

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
PR fails if people stop consistently attending tournaments etc_ As Jesse pointed out, the majority of our scene are consistent in tournament attendance, making it fairly accurate to judge players accordingly in regards to a PR sense_

The PR won't be changing until a few tournaments in if there becomes a noticable cause for change_ In other words, don't expect anything anytime soon_

Alzi

Smash Master
Andre when you said you are better then me. WERE YOU TRYING TO DO AN ALZI? ONLY I CAN SAY FOR FACT SOMTHING IS BETTER THEN SOMTHING ELSE CHRISSSSSSSSSSSSSSST. We only played in one tournament set and you beat me and this may sound like some major johns but i was actually playing so terribly. You don't understand how bad i was playing only i can understand that but then when i vsed Jupz in some friendlies i told him i am just going to rage it out in these matches and i played well except for a few stupid times when i ran in his shield and got chain grabbed.

But yes Power Rankings are pretty stupid thats why i never wanted myself on them from the start.

But right now Glenn should be above Kane. And if Richard went to the current tournament and beat Vlade in that set then i would be saying to put him above Vlade but he didn't attend so i can't say nothing.

But as Bob said i will have to wait a few more tournaments to see if Glenn can constantly **** alll the time Lain style to get above Kane.

Ok lets take a closer look at our placings Andre's.

1: Corpsecreate (Toon Link)
2: Richard (Wario)
3: Alzi (Toon Link)
4: EADP (Snake)
5: Proxy (Snake)
5: Glenn (Ice Climbers + Falco)
7: Jupz (Meta + DDD)
7: Roman (Meta)

Objection! 5: Break the Psyche-locks!!! Results
Brawl Singles:

1: Corpsecreate (Toon Link)
2: Roman (MK)
3: Proxy (Snake)
4: Vlade (Falco)
5: Glenn (IC)
5: Richard (Wario)
7: Alzi (Toon Link)
7: Alex (Diddy)
9: Trillest (ROB)
9: Jupz (DDD)
9: Nasch (Pit)
9: Maxxs (Ness)
13: Bringer (Yoshi)
13: Biotech (?)
13: Emzo (?)
13: Bsrk_ (Shiek)
17: Lord Bowser (Bowser)
17: Thrashr (?)
17: Bacon (Zelda)
17: Mic (PT)
17: Marty (Marth)

WE HAVE MIC 1 Results
Brawl Singles

1st - Corpse (Toon Link)
2nd - Ric (GnW, Wario, R.O.B, Meta Knight)
3rd - Glen (Ice Climbers, Falco, Meta Knight)
4th - Alzi (Toon Link)
5th - Bringer (Yoshi)
5th - Jupz (D3)
7th - Trill (R.O.B)
7th - Trav (Bowser)
9th - Roman (Marth)
9th - Bsrk_ (Sheik)
9th - Mugza (MK)
9th - Baconfingers (Zelda)
13th - Proxy (Snake)
13th - MTGod (R.O.B)
13th - Fractal (Ike)
13th - LVL 9 Wigi! (Luigi)
17th - Mfzb (Marth)
17th - Chewe (Diddy Kong)
17th - Josh! (Kirby)
17th - Mic_128 (PT, Ganon)
17th - LuigiV (Marth)
17th - Josh (Kirby)

We're Starfox 1 - Corneria Results
Brawl Singles

1st - Corpsecreate (Toon Link)
2nd - Vlade (Falco)
3rd - Ric (Wario, ROB, G&W)
4th - Bsrk_ (Shiek)
5th - Alzi (Toon Link)
5th - Muzga (MK)
7th - Lord Bowser (Bowser)
7th - Glenn (IC, Falco)
9th - Alex (Diddy, Peach)
9th - LVL 9 Luigi
11th - Nasch (Diddy)
11th - Marteh (Marth)
11th - Pete278 (C. Falcon)
11th - MTGod (ROB)
15th - Fractal (Lucario)
15th - Steve (?)

We're Starfox 2 - Sector Y Results
Brawl Singles

I didn't attend this

2nd - Ric (Wario, ROB)
3rd - Romant1k (MK)
4th - Vlade (Falco)
5th - Glenn (IC, Falco)
5th - Alex (Peach)
7th - Trill (ROB)
7th - Lord Bowser (MK)
9th - Rythm (?)
9th - Josh (Kirby, Zelda)
9th - MTGod (ROB)
9th - BaconFingers (ROB, Zelda)
13th - Muzga (MK)
13th - Aaron (Toon Link)
13th - Marteh (Marth)
13th - LVL 9 Luigi
17th - Tails (Link, Zelda/Shiek)
17th - Pete278 (Ike)
17th - Bsrk_ (Shiek)
17th - Mic - (PT)

I have never placed that low before.

We're Starfox 3 - Katina Results
Brawl Singles

2nd - Vlade (Falco)
3rd - Romant1k (DDD)
4th - Proxy (Snake)
5th - Trill (ROB)
5th - Muzga (MK)
7th - Nasch (Diddy, Ganondorf)
7th - Alzi (Toon Link)
9th - Dax (Ike)
9th - BaconFingers (ROB)
9th - Marteh (Marth)
9th - Bsrk_ (Shiek)
13th - Jupz (DDD)
13th - Mic (PT)
13th - Lord Bowser (Bowser)
13th - Pete278 (PT)
17th - LVL 9 Luigi
17th - MTGod (Lucas)
17th - Fractal (Lucario)
17th - Techno (DK, Ganondorf)
17th - Jesusface (C. Falcon, MK)

Hmmm.
Well currently what i am thinking is the power rankings are DEFINATLY wrong at this point in time. You can't accuratley judge anyones placing to a perfect extence because just look at the results they are all over the place.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Alzi:

Firstly we did not regard any tournaments before "We Have Mic!" for our initial list. Secondly all you have done is just list tournament results. Tournament results actually don't mean very much by themselves and it's all about who you lose to - I'm sure if you check the brackets of every tournament you'd see Muzga mainly losing to top players since he's been bracket ***** every time when we didn't have seeding, same with several other people. Also, recent performance holds more weighting than tournaments from yonks back.

It's not just you Alzi, a lot of people have just looked at the tournament results and come to rash conclusions about PR placings (like where people thought richard should be above me) when it's just so much more than that.

Muzga

Smash Ace
We're looking at CURRENT skill levels alzi. not how i placed in tournaments six months ago:p
Look at trends in recent tournaments and actually think about whether or not what you have to say is REALLY important.

I admit that i used to suck badly and place inconsistently in tournaments but that doesnt happen anymore. You said yourself that you were noticing an improvement. Say what you want, the fact is that before the lead up squat i didn't care how i was placing. Now i have made a solid effort to improve and i am placing more consistently and better, Thats just what happened. Don't treat me like im beneath you when you placed higher then me in tournaments that we didnt even consider because they are too old and not an accurate representation of players CURRENT skill levels.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Them crooked vultures eh
Much Caligulove to Rick for the reference :p Your Ganon is a mind eraser though - I prefer an impossible match up than playing that thing :D

People like Kane who keep saying they're bad and then beat me make me emo and want to cut myself... Because if he's bad, what does that make the other 70% of the scene he can beat consistently??? Thanks Kane, jeez...

:p Jokes jokes :p Kane gives us stuff, like shelter :D

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Much Caligulove to Rick for the reference :p Your Ganon is a mind eraser though - I prefer an impossible match up than playing that thing :D
Much love Jesse :D i'd seriously rep ganon if all the high tier matchups werent so bad. imo he's better than my snake. but snake has better tools to help him win.

True Romance

Smash Ace

People like Kane who keep saying they're bad and then beat me make me emo and want to cut myself... Because if he's bad, what does that make the other 70% of the scene he can beat consistently??? Thanks Kane, jeez...

:p Jokes jokes :p Kane gives us stuff, like shelter :D
I also give you savage munckin arse rapings.

True Romance

Smash Ace
There's no point playing munchkin unless you have at least 6 players.

On that note I present to you the Perth munchkin power rankings!

#1 Romant1k

Despite being prone to sex changes and ducks perching on his head, Roman's munchkin performance in recent times has been akin to a +10 sword of ***** all of Perth in the face.

#2 Mic_128

The mesiah of munchkin, the man who introduced the Perth scene to the game has been a strong performer in every game he's been in. Plus god's on his side. ****ing divine intervention :(

#3 MTGod

Despite being an absolute Jew to roman constantly, MT is always a front runner in every game. He seems to read play well and predict outcomes that his fellow players often don't see, however his fixation on trading for a wandering monster card probably holds him back from actually doing anything about it.

#4 Nasch

Seems to scrape through games without making too many enemies, Andy often gets to end game before coming up short. His sly unassuming style will no doubt lead to some victories in the future unless his fellow players recognize him as the dodgey rat he can potentially be.

#5 Muzga + Trill

Coming in at joint fifth, Andre and Buff would both do a lot better if they stopped trying to constantly ****** each other and tried to like you know... Play the game properly? This particular member of the Perth munckin power ranking commitee believes that Trill's and Muzga's smash rivalry is holding both their munchkin games back, which is stupid because let's face is munckin > smash. On the plus side Muzga tends to be a very helpful induvidual.

#6 Pete

Ahhhh Pete, is it any surprise he's down here? I kid. Or do I? In his defence Pete is the least capped member on the power rankings, having only played one game. It just so happened it was about the most ineffectual munckin performance in recent history.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Coming in at joint fifth, Andre and Buff would both do a lot better if they stopped trying to constantly ****** each other and tried to like you know... Play the game properly?
THIS x10000000 :p It does make it entertaining though :D

It just so happened it was about the most ineffectual munckin performance in recent history.
I dunno, Kane... He let you win - that's pretty game-breaking :p

@Rick: I wouldn't get Munchkin until you've played a whole game... It's not that cheap to get, and you do need 6 people to play (I tried to play it with 4 people two days ago, and it was super lame compared to the games @ Kane's place :p)

Trillest

Smash Ace
#5 Muzga + Trill

Coming in at joint fifth, Andre and Buff would both do a lot better if they stopped trying to constantly ****** each other and tried to like you know... Play the game properly? This particular member of the Perth munckin power ranking commitee believes that Trill's and Muzga's smash rivalry is holding both their munchkin games back, which is stupid because let's face is munckin > smash. On the plus side Muzga tends to be a very helpful induvidual.
Tbh i do not regret my stance i was merely defending myself as any elf should :D i.e. with enormous amounts of unjustified prejudice

Elves thats how we roll

MTGod

Smash Champion
Munchkin cannot be explained, it must be experienced... It's quite possibly the best card game ever though :D

True Romance

Smash Ace
@Vlade: After the last few tourneys u need a little winged broken bat picture next to your name

Don't deny what you have done !
This.

I mean I've only gone all mk in 2 out of my last 5 tournies and yet he's still there as my main, so vlade def needs some mk emoticon ;)

MTGod

Smash Champion
I dunno Kane: I think Vlade's just MK-curious :D

BTW, why isn't there a doubles PR???

True Romance

Smash Ace
In my last 5 tournaments I can confidently say d3 has been my most used character followed by mk followed by ics. Gonna be all ics for now on, even picking up wario for doubles and queer cps.

Splice

Smash Hero
BTW, why isn't there a doubles PR???
Because it'll always be incorrect. It just will.

1. How good a single person is depends on who they team with.

2. People change who they team with often so ranking by team combination isn't viable.

3. This is more of a branch off the first point, but how well a person does in teams may vary wildly because certain players may have better synchronization in teams and therefore both will perform better.

4. One player carrying another player to a high place in doubles may give the impression the other player is just as good.

Bad idea.

Top Bottom