• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] The Perth Power Rankings ~NEW UPDATE 23/09/10~ Version 5.2

MTGod

Smash Champion
I find it funny you didnt find the more recent results where i placed 2nd. But whatever.
Work johns :D I should've been making party bags at the time, so I found the first result I could remember :p

I love the taste of sunshine dust.
Kane IS the Todd from Scrubs :O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDITED OUT :p You saw NOTHING!!!! NOOOOTHIIIIING!!!!!!!!!!1

Splice

Smash Hero
Hey Kane don't take too much of my Splice sunshine dust though or you could end up as one of these

you know, you could just smuggle the drugs in through your Sphincter.

and then take them while you're inside.
Nah man, Vermy would search me good if he did. Not risking that.

EDITED OUT :p You saw NOTHING!!!! NOOOOTHIIIIING!!!!!!!!!!1
Mic tell me what'd he say?

MTGod

Smash Champion
It wasn't anything amazing, I was just overreacting because I'm really INSANELY ****ING BORED at "work"... Done all the ****ing jobs and ****, now I'm just waiting until I can count the ****in till :p

MTGod

Smash Champion
Kane said:
Rick you sick ****, splice is under age, leave his sphincter alone!
Kane said:
Wow, you'd let me eat you for a robot toy?! You're easy. Just the way I like my sunshine dust tasting boys.
HAH HAAAH. Hypocrisy :p

Splice

Smash Hero
Man this state is full of sexual predators.

No wonder Alzi doesn't talk much...

Splice

Smash Hero
I'll take some ADAM and **** you with my beehive Plasmids if you don't treat me kind, Techno.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Hey guys, I don't mean to be the fun police but can you guys keep it (spam) down in here?
Also talking about drugs is a no-no, even if it's in jest.
:)

(I mean illicit drugs - by all means talk about Adderall, or Panadol :p)

Splice

Smash Hero
I don't mean to continue spam, but is talking about Sunshine Dust (not even a drug or real thing) and ADAM (from a videogame, bioshock) really talking about drugs?

Also funny you complained about that, and you know, not the part where we were all going to **** each other.

... Then again, it's not **** if it's done willingly, is it Kane? (just give me that robot toy is all :p)

Also Vyse i'm not arguing with you. I just thought I might as well post this because I find it to be a worthwhile post because it finishes up everything i currently have to say. I hope this is ok.

True Romance

Smash Ace
I don't mean to continue spam, but is talking about Sunshine Dust (not even a drug or real thing) and ADAM (from a videogame, bioshock) really talking about drugs?

Also funny you complained about that, and you know, not the part where we were all going to **** each other.

... Then again, it's not **** if it's done willingly, is it Kane? (just give me that robot toy is all :p)

Also Vyse i'm not arguing with you. I just thought I might as well post this because I find it to be a worthwhile post because it finishes up everything i currently have to say. I hope this is ok.
Don't worry I'll give you the robot toy ;)

Um... I should go down the power rankings?!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer

Not really.
It's a bit of a grey area, like a lot of things, so don't worry about it.
You guys are smart enough to know where to draw the line.

I only mentioned it because it was somewhat relevant, but looking back I suppose I didn't need to mention it.

MTGod

Smash Champion
So, back to the power rankings, bets are on - who will get into the top 10 first, me or Rick :D??? Gotta say, odds are in my favour so long as Rick keeps trying to beat me with high tier characters and doesn't pull out any Ganon :p

Also, supposedly Kane and Alzi are both going to be out of the PRs according to them... So two free spots are up for grabs soon :D:D:D

Pete278

Smash Lord
I still don't see why Kane would be out of the PPR automatically. Wouldn't he just slowly fall down rather than instantaneously leaving? It is the WARP now, after all.

MTGod

Smash Champion
But how can we judge that he'd slowly fall down??? Since he can't attend any tournaments for a few months (as far as I'm aware) we won't be able to measure his ability... Of course, if he is coming back to Perth periodically and he can attend some smashfests (highly likely since I imagine the scene will endeavour to have one when Kane's back) then he shouldn't really fall off the PR at all so long as he keeps his skill up :p

It's all a matter of circumstance, so there's probably no point in speculating now - let the panel decide when it comes time to update the PR... (I only mentioned it since he said he'd work his way into the PR again, was making a light-hearted comment, failed to realise this was the internet and people read things how they want it to be read :p)

Muzga

Smash Ace
Your first reply was a good concise, clever response, I even giggled at the own. What I quoted was just unessecary so I said some thing. If you look back you'll see when Buff says something ******** I'll generally comment, hell he doesn't even need to say any thing stupid at times just his amazingly bad grammar will normally encourage my annoyance lol.

To be fair all Buff was teasing at in his first post is you have bit of a one track mind towards the PRs atm, he didn't say any thing about your abillity to play the game. I'm sure if you were honest with your self you'd see too that you're pretty PR focused atm lol. I'm also sure most of the Perth Smash scene would agree with Buff.
Thats a pretty reasonable thing to say, I should have just left it as it was.

Hell there's nothing wrong with being motivated to go up the rankings, it's only natural in a competitive game to want to improve yourself, but some people (obviously buff included) find how hard you've campaigned for an improved place in the power rankings amusing, but if this really worries you, you just shouldn't do it. Let your skill do the talking

I think the fact you think I was talking down to you reflects more on you then me, I just stated my opinion, and although I know you can't wait for me to go ;) I'll get involved where ever I want while I'm still a PERTHIAN!!! k thx..
Fair enough. Its annoying and i thought for once id try to draw a line somwhere. Actually its pretty sad to see ya go to be honest.

edit - Wow so many posts popped up while I wrote this lol. Silly kids, I don't even know what else to say cos I can't understand Buff's posts ^_^ I'd also like to point out, Andre, I honestly believe you must feel like some of Buff's points are valid, or you wouldn't be taking it all so personally. He use to give me **** about MK too, but I didn't give a **** cos I could roll his main with about 4 different characters any way. Just brush it off man.
This is one thing i will not concede, alzi has a tendency to be infuriating but not because he makes valid points, buff just rubs me the wrong way sometimes. Hes extremely similar to my older brother in the way he acts. It says nothing about how valid his opinion is

True Romance

Smash Ace
Probably why he's mates with your brother lol.

I know buff can be aggravating at times, but there is no genuine malice emitting from him when it comes to these issues.

Just don't buy in to his **** man, just keep beating him and eventually his moaning will become a distant echo that no one will acknowledge :p

Alzi

Smash Master
Jono would also be on Melee rick.

I can't really judge his skill level but Vlade, sam and bringer can since he has played against them. He did tell me though that Vlade, Sam and bringer all were better then him though.

Melee Power rankings should happen if the perth scene actually starts doing melee tournaments.

I think i should be taken out next time this PR updates as i haven't attended a few tournaments and theres one coming up on the 7th and i won't be there again so you might aswell give someone else a smile until i come to a tournament and metaknight it up and get myself high on the rankings. ;)

Depends how long kane is going to be gone for then if it's long you can take him off completly or actually i would take him of completly but later when he returns he is definatly going to get around that spot again :p so doesn't make much of a diffrence anyway the only diffrence it does make is making someone happy for a few weeks who isn't on the PR.

Rick you are actually good at the game you just need to work on a few areas that most people do exactly the same and never think about fixing it they are too lazy too. :p

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Rick you are actually good at the game you just need to work on a few areas that most people do exactly the same and never think about fixing it they are too lazy too. :p
but im not too lazy to do anything about it. it's hard to do anything about the wrongs in my game because there's hardly anyone to improve with. and if there are, they're not big enough of a challenge. so i'm usually stuck in sandbag mode.

Jupz

Smash Master
Rick I'm telling you now, there are a lot of things you can practice. Get perfect control over your character in training. Practice SDI. Practice harder characters like IC's to death. Practice Melee! :)

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Rick I'm telling you now, there are a lot of things you can practice. Get perfect control over your character in training. Practice SDI. Practice harder characters like IC's to death. Practice Melee! :)
i already do practice Melee.

and i cant practice IC's for crap if you mean in terms of match ups. you probably mean learn to CG and the rest of it.

how am i meant to practice SDI by myself?

and as for Ganon, i'm nearing handling him perfectly.

Top Bottom