• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] The Perth Power Rankings ~NEW UPDATE 23/09/10~ Version 5.2

MTGod

Smash Champion
Only multihit I believe... Regular DI is the only thing you can do for one hit attacks unless you have the prediction ability of a god :p

True Romance

Smash Ace
is SDI useful on single hit attacks? or only multihit?
If you're asking these questions there's definitely still room for improvement with out the need for others.

Do you know ALL of your match ups? Is your sdi, di, teching sorted?

When I'm stuck up north these are the sorts of things I'm going to be looking at.

Best way to start understanding sdi IMO is against pickachu. Get a willing partner/your right foot to down smash as pikachu and just get a feel for sdi'ing out.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
the only reason i ask these questions is because i dont read up things other than match ups, ATs if applicable etc. i dont know all of my matchups. for the sole reason that I cant play against every character.

i asked about SDI because i wasnt sure about whether he meant Both single and multi. i already knew it was used for multi hit attacks, i was just backing myself up.

Vlade

Social Outcast
SDI diddy's fsmash

SDI kirby's chaingrab

SDI spikes and tech :D

Rick you can learn matchups from just watching videos. It's mainly what I do to get a basic grasp. Obviously you can't go into little nuances in it but it definitely helps.

Splice

Smash Hero
Best way to start understanding sdi IMO is against pickachu. Get a willing partner/your right foot to down smash as pikachu and just get a feel for sdi'ing out.
I can vouch for this.
GaW is probably good for it too.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
SDI diddy's fsmash

SDI kirby's chaingrab

SDI spikes and tech :D

Rick you can learn matchups from just watching videos. It's mainly what I do to get a basic grasp. Obviously you can't go into little nuances in it but it definitely helps.
yeah, i might not know everything, but i do know the general theory to just about every match up, except maybe pikachu. sort of basic things as what to avoid, what to do against certain things etc.

i will try and get used to SDI'ing just about everything. :D

Vlade

Social Outcast
To be honest the trick to SDI is being able to do it on reaction or predict the move. Pika's dsmash is relatively easy to DI on reaction because it lasts so long, contrary to ROB's which is doable though I cannot yet react to it

Trillest

Smash Ace
To be honest the trick to SDI is being able to do it on reaction or predict the move. Pika's dsmash is relatively easy to DI on reaction because it lasts so long, contrary to ROB's which is doable though I cannot yet react to it
Also SDI Robs downsmash you wont be right next to rob about to get another :p

Muzga

Smash Ace
what do you mean exactly when you ask that? Its a little unclear what youre referring to exactly

Vlade

Social Outcast
Well some people believe that I should have a metaknight icon next to my name since I have used them in 3 sets for the tournaments we have considered when making this PR

Muzga

Smash Ace
If its just 3 sets in the history of the scene then i dont think thats substantial. If it was 3 sets in one tournament id say its warranted. If you ask me Taking the mk off of kanes name is warranted. Its pretty clear that he has stopped using mk for the majority of the time,

Trillest

Smash Ace
i bet vlade mk makes at least 1 or 2 appearances in your sets prove me wrong and i think after this tourney we need too look at the ppr again due to the events that have occured since the last ppr

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I disagree_ I think the PR is still fairly solid and would give it at least a couple of more tournaments to begin considering a revamp_

Andy, although solid, is still also failing to show consistent results with his projected skill level_ Yes this needs to be taken into consideration alongside Glenn who fluctuates but i doubt much change could be made by the next tournament to warrant a complete overhaul of the PR_ Given a couple more tournaments then i could easily justify a discussion about where players positions lie_

Given the current absence of Alzi, Andy and Glenns fluctuating performance and the rise of fresh blood, things are still a tad too volatile for me_ Also i'm totally bummed about not making it to the next tournament_ Expect to see me drop down the rankings list like a bomb_

Trillest

Smash Ace
Bob im sorry but what you have said about andy is completely untrue the matches i have him vs vlade/mugza at last tournament where extremely close with him beating mugza and glenn both ranked higher than him. Also Alzi and kane being no shows due to different reason has to affect the ppr as you cannot judge a player that is not competing for example can you pit jordan against lebron and get a fair indication of who is better ? Also i agree with glenn unconsistancy but overall i still think he places higher than mugza (i might be wrong but it feels that way)

Oh and one other point imo honorable mentions should be myself, jesse(you'll all see), quetz and Techno(only if he can make a few tourneys)

True Romance

Smash Ace
Bob im sorry but what you have said about andy is completely untrue the matches i have him vs vlade/mugza at last tournament where extremely close with him beating mugza and glenn both ranked higher than him. Also Alzi and kane being no shows due to different reason has to affect the ppr as you cannot judge a player that is not competing for example can you pit jordan against lebron and get a fair indication of who is better ? Also i agree with glenn unconsistancy but overall i still think he places higher than mugza (i might be wrong but it feels that way)

Oh and one other point imo honorable mentions should be myself, jesse(you'll all see), quetz and Techno(only if he can make a few tourneys)
LOL

10lols

Technodeath

Smash Champion
thanks for the mention Trill. Much love <3

hmm, i could probably make it to one on the holidays and the likes.

as much as i love brawling, Amy comes first

Richard7

Smash Ace
Well some people believe that I should have a metaknight icon next to my name since I have used them in 3 sets for the tournaments we have considered when making this PR
Yeah I think MK should be next to your name too. Its kinda like saying G&W, ROB and MK shouldn't be next to mine, cus I mainly use Wario. But I still use those guys a bit so they should be there.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Ahhhhh young love, you'll learn Rick, you'll learn.
that i will Kane, that i will. until i move to Perth, she comes first. then it just comes down to what i have planned, and what i dont.

then there is the whole Bros before Hoes thing (cant remember what spelling of Ho/hoe is what)

i also planned on spending this weekend with her before the tournament got shifted anyway.

Alzi

Smash Master

#1 Corpsecreate WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST.
#2 Vlade =
#3 Richard =
#4 Glenn +1
#5 Ghnaschnakoff +3
#6 Muzga =
#7 Quertz (The new guy who apparently plays a **** peach or what ever.) New
#8 Jupz +1
#9 Trill New

Next tournament if Kane or I do not attend i think you guys should be looking around somthing like this.

Depending on the tournament results as extra prove that they are constantly doing good. If Richard beats Vlade in a set then Richard should definatly go above him. If vlade beats him then he should go above him. If they both lose to Glenn then Glenn should go second there is no johning out of this one.

And lol Vlade should have a metaknight icon he is trying to make him self look all inicent and he never has made contact with the dark side BUT HE HAS GUYS HE HAS.

Once i start coming back to tournaments expect me to be 4th on the power rankings.

True Romance

Smash Ace
Piss off, if I drop straight out of the top 10 after being 4th I'm going to stab you in the eye Alzi for putting such heinous thoughts into the PR commitees head.

Trust me Rick you say smash isn't as good as Amy now, but soon you'll get perspective ^_^

edit- just re-read alzi's list and almost died from epic face palm.

Alzi

Smash Master
Lol if i had a gf i would drop smash and never touch it.

Also i forgot 10th place that goes to Bob.

#10 Brsk_

Kane you only drop because you wern't there for a few tournaments but it doesn't matter since once you enter a tournament again you will sky rocket to 5th place. And i will sky rocket to 4th place.

True Romance

Smash Ace
Lol if i had a gf i would... never touch it.
Now now Alzi, self pleasure is still an important process even after you have a girlfriend.

edit - trav beat alzi to death with your bowser plushie for disrespecting your awesome.

Alzi

Smash Master
I was hoping to make you mad in saying i will get 4th and you 5th but it seems you have completly owned me i am just lost for words.

Just to stay back on topic and move the conversation from me getting owned so badly how do you think you will go with ice climbers kane? lol.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Trust me Rick you say smash isn't as good as Amy now, but soon you'll get perspective ^_^
i know man :p

smash is my all time favourite pass time. i practice for a couple hours a day against CPU's.

believe me, i would play smash with you guys every weekend if i could. and nothing really gives me greater pleasure than doing so.

unlike before, during the holidays where I'd be down for a week at a time, i only have a gap of two days to do anything :/

i only really get to see her once a month which is balls. She knows i play brawl competitively. i just wanna see where this will go.

True Romance

Smash Ace
I dont think u should go outta the 10 but i think after a few tourneys there needs to be an action or just use w/e other states do.

Explain lols ?
You and Andre are hilarious :p ^ ^ ^ <- Stating the obvious much, if I never play again I can't stay in the PRs lol.

TBH I don't *really* care if I'm taken out of the power rankings right NOW, my only real motivation to stay in the PRs is to grief the PR obsessed people below me ^_^

As far as I'm concerned if you don't rock up to a tourney you've essentially come last (well maybe not last but say middle of the road 11th or 13th, at least for the sake of the PRings). IMO due to my past performances I could cop a few lasts and still scrape into the top 10.

Anyways I can now guarntee I'll miss enough tournaments so that I'm almost 100% not gonna be in the top 20 let alone the top 10, so all of the above doesn't really matter regardless. Just dump me from the rankings to give a lowbie a morale boost ;)

Oh and Alzi, my ICs are gonna be the hottest thing out. They're gonna be pulling threesomes all over the joint while your little quasi cel-shaded boy is gonna be sitting in the corner not touching it in frustration.

Richard7

Smash Ace
If Richard beats Vlade in a set then Richard should definatly go above him. If vlade beats him then he should go above him.
Dude, what kind of broken logic do you use? I've missed like 3 tournaments, I wouldn't be surprised if I go down to like 4th in the next PR. "If vlade beats him then he should go above him." He already is above me...

Alzi

Smash Master
Ment to be if Ric beats him just got confused.

Doesn't matter if you miss out on tournaments if you beat him THATS IT +1 you go just below your bro.

Oh kane thinks his ice climbers are going to be hot FUNNY BECAUSE THEY WILL STAY COLD LIKE THEY ALWAYS ARE. Lol the only reason i am saying to take us two off is pretty much what you said kane to give the Lowbies a morale boost.

I'm seriously going to step up my game and plus i am going to thriller and when i come back i will have alot of suprises.

Top Bottom