• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] The Perth Power Rankings ~NEW UPDATE 23/09/10~ Version 5.2

Vlade

Social Outcast
Thank you Jupz, now it doesn't look like I was being bias lol

And yeah Glenn's quite good, in fact he beat Richard and I last weekend which caused him to jump up from our original list. However we ended up putting Kane at #4 for reasons that Jupz stated

I will make sure that Glenn doesn't get higher than 3rd, provided I don't lose to Richard lol.

I hope >_>

swordsaint

Smash Master
what Will Happen At Starfox 4 Is Richard Will Come Second And Glenn Will Come Third. I Know The Future Trust Me.

I Agree With Shmot Thats Why I Don't Want To Be Added To The List. Take Me Of Right Now!

also Do You Guys Think The Character's That The People Use Should Have A Small Effect On The Power Rankings List?
no

no

no

J-Birds

Smash Lord
I don't understand how that outweighs what has already been mentioned though.

Starfox 4 results would have really determined the position but until then i think you should have waited till a more clear placing was evident. However if this is to happen its also worth considering how worthy the data of a tournament finishing on a different day is.

Equal 2nd would also have been better regarding the data from the criteria.

Edited edit =)

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Please ignore Alzi, he's a pretty quiet and guy and afraids of everything. Plus he thinks Youtube HD is actually HD, yeah ignore everything he says.

And seriously am I the only player in Perth who has faith in Glenn?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
im actually in an amazing mood at the moment. definately not crying. getting into uni does that to you.

i only mention it because our list got a lot of people angry at a lot of people. but you guys seem pretty chill anyway, so youll be fine. might i suggest a top 15/20?

swordsaint

Smash Master
im actually in an amazing mood at the moment. definately not crying. getting into uni does that to you.

i only mention it because our list got a lot of people angry at a lot of people. but you guys seem pretty chill anyway, so youll be fine. might i suggest a top 15/20?
Stop trying to corrupt Perth!

Also, equal 2nd sounds sexy.

Alzi

Smash Master
This list is getting me angry because i am on it. They need to remove me since i won't be even attending any brawl tournaments for a long time. Plus Andeh ***** my toon link all the time.

Equal second sounds bad for me. You cannot be equal in anyway. It's impossible to have to equal people one is always better then the other.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
getting into uni does that to you.

might i suggest a top 15/20?
Congrats on getting into uni.

And IMO having a top 15/20 would be way to hard to work and be highly inaccurate. I mean we'd have debates since after the top 10 we have people who are pretty much equal in skill and debating them would be hell.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah we decided to go with 10 because our scene isn't overly big (like melbourne :p) and it leaves a bit of a gap, if we had top 15 then there would be more people in the PR than people that aren't

Richard7

Smash Ace
There seems like there's a bit of biased stuff going on, but look, I really couldn't give a **** what I'm placed on this power ranking. I didn't even know discussion of Perth power rankings had even started nor who was part of it.

/johns Believe what you want, but I haven't versed Samuel seriously in a while, 95% of the time due to his unwillingness to do so and I've constantly been on the brink of completely quitting competitive Brawl for quite some time while also playing Brawl possibly 1 time in between tournaments.

As said earlier, it really doesn't matter to me what I'm placed on this, its basically just an ego booster and having a big ego isn't a good thing.

EDIT: Reasoning as to why SQUAT was considered plox?

Splice

Smash Hero

EDIT: Why was SQUAT considered?
Probably because it is important how well people do outside of their own state.

It's all well and good that someone beats the majority in their own state, but when they travel to other regions and do well that shows they can adapt to other playstyles quickly, and makes them a better player.

Remember it's not like a list of placing points within Perths tournament series, but how good these players are considered to be, in all areas of competitive singles brawl.

True Romance

Smash Ace
Yes, Kane. ONCE. And that wasn't all that recent, I haven't lost to him since. In fact I won 3-0 last time we played
Oh don't be like that, I've beaten you twice Vlade :p You've never beaten me when I've gone all MK :p NOT THAT I'M SAYING I'M BETTER THEN YOU OR ANYTHING BUT THIS IS TRUE.

IMO the list is spot on, would of possibly had trill there but he had a dodgey last tourney.

And for the eastern staters, Gnadjklfa;dlcnkov aka Andy use to be one of the top players in perth a while ago, but then went through a "I hate diddy kong he's a gay piece of ****" stage, and has since recently gotten over it and started playing good again.

edit 1 - Regardless of the above power rankings still fail.

edit 2 - Regardless of directly above I swear on Glen's life I'll be at #2 by the end of the year :p

Jupz

Smash Master
Yeah Trill had a spot in the top 10 but he was removed as Kane said due to his performance last tourney. He can easily make it up again.

Alzi

Smash Master
It was one tournament where trill stuffed up. If he didn't make it just because of that one tournament then thats bad very very very bad.

I still think squat shoudn't be considered because alot of other perth people didn't even go to it. The only national that should be judged is Eastern Invasion 3 once it happens.

Kane if Vlade has never beaten you while you are metaknight then you should be above him. :p Isn't that how power rankings work as i heard.

I could give my honest opinion about the current power rankings and give my exact thoughts but people will ignore me then hate me for it.

As for power rankings theres going to be a mario kart wii power rankings soon as i have challenged Marteh. hahaha.

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
i think its pretty accurate. i think that you could really seperate the list into 3 different levels of skilland that most of the players in those levels are pretty interchangable

1-sam, lol
2-ric, vlade, glenn, kane
3-alzi, muzga, trill, jupz, gnasch, travis, myself

i think it could really jump around but as i see it right now every1 will stay in these groups

Yes and Vlade has played samuel a lot, both in tourney sets and out. He's probably played more matches in tournament against samuel then anyone. We know our scene better then you guys and I think everyone in the panel agreed with it. I was undecided for a short time but I came to realise Vlade deserved the #2 spot on the PR more.

We also were undecided about Glen and Kane for 4 but after a while we decided Kane for 4 due to consistency blah blah and some other reasons I forget now.
Not dissing kane at all cos he is pro and awesome :)but what are the other reasons for putting kane above glenn, tournament resulsts have gone in chronological order

glenn, 5 roman 7
glenn, 5 roman 2
glenn, 3 roman 9
glenn, 7 roman -
glenn, 5 roman 3
glenn - roman 3
latest un decided tournament glenn will either come 1-3, kane came 5

if you average this out with glenn coming at worsed 3rd he averages 4.6, kane averages 4.83. So on average hasnt glenn been more consistent? Again not dissing kane hes awesome just curious as to wat the other reasons where

What will happen at starfox 4 is richard will come second and glenn will come third. I know the future trust me.

I agree with shmot thats why i don't want to be added to the list. Take me of right now!

Also do you guys think the character's that the people use should have a small effect on the power rankings list?

Last i remeber i did well against glenn's ice climbers so theres no way in hell we will win a tournament. Even if he masters the chain grab Corpse will not get grabbed. He hardly gets grabbed against Vlade and falco can set up somthing to get a grab in.
at the last tournament glenn was getting sam down to his final life every match without an infinite the whole set so maybe if he just improves his mind games/gameplay/desynching he could win without them? Infinite chain grab icing on the cake? lol

I may be completly biased but i really think he has a chance for 2nd place now hes realized he is actually ****ing good with IC's and ditched falco, MK and puff lol

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
Just read a few pages back, and tbh; I don't like this power ranking thing, and it seems most of us have problems with it. Im probably going to give up brawl sooner or later aswell, I plan to move out of home. Therefore no wii, because its my families.

I liked it when you could see every Perth player listed in an organised system. Somewhat gave me hope to beat the guy above me. Now I've gotta get top 10 to get some reckonisation, haha.

Anyways, I don't get this system.

Top Bottom