• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] The Perth Power Rankings ~NEW UPDATE 23/09/10~ Version 5.2

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
And when I said we shouldn't have power rankings they didn't listen!!!

Don't lie chewe you know I'm bad :p
if ur bad what does that make me :p lol

Just read a few pages back, and tbh; I don't like this power ranking thing, and it seems most of us have problems with it. Im probably going to give up brawl sooner or later aswell, I plan to move out of home. Therefore no wii, because its my families.

I liked it when you could see every Perth player listed in an organised system. Somewhat gave me hope to beat the guy above me. Now I've gotta get top 10 to get some reckonisation, haha.

Anyways, I don't get this system.
i think power rankings are fine as long as every1 doesnt take them to be set in stone, its merely a group of informed peoples opinions. Also if you want to debate/discuss a placing do it sensibly by supporting what you say and without raging. I could definatly see it becoming a problem if people dont do this.

On a different note im interested to know sam's opinions on the placeings. Specificly ric, glenn, vlade, kane.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
there's something about the name sam and being amazing
there's corpsecreate... S.D..... mystwal...LOL nvm

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Well doesn't seem like anyone from Perth has any real issues about the list which is a good thing_ Seems like the east coast are the ones doing the major complaining which is odd but still nice for input_ Power Rankings are fine even though i don't understand why we need them, but generally WA is fairly relaxed and hardly opinionated like some states_

Majority of players seem to understand how they sit in terms of overall ranking within the state so i'm looking forward to seeing how people improve in upcoming tournaments_ I myself will probably give way to more TO orientated stuff much like Cao within the next few years depending how i fare tournament wise and uni wise_

A solid promotional campaign is what we need atm_

Alzi

Smash Master
NSW is the best state at brawl how many times do i have to say it Marx. It's obvious! I'm actually a sydney man deep inside since i was born there guys.

Alex, i'm actually going to agree with you why you think glenn should be above kane i mean it makes sense now. But to be honest it was early to put out the power rankings. I think we should wait alittle while longer since we all haven't vsed each other enough times. I've only vsed Muzga once in a tourney set for example the same with Andeh. Yet i vs Andeh at kanes smashfest and to be honest he was playing better then i was and when i vsed kane in that one friendly it felt the same when i was vsing trill both the matches went to last stock at high percentages i just had alittle trouble against kane since it was a metaknight. :p

Ok if we do continue the tournament next time do you guys think i should vs richard? Since i forfeited thinking you guys were going to finish up the tournament but you never did and i had to go. Richard will beat me thats obvious though.

YOU KNOW HOW WE WILL SETTLE THIS VLADE AND RICHARD WHO SHOULD BE SECOND? Once we continue the tourney the winner out of Richard vs Vlade will be in SECOND place this sounds fair and square. IMO this whole power rankings should of atleast waited for this tournament to finish to easily decide the Vlade and Richard situation.

Also take me off the list i seriously don't like being added in these top play things. :/

Deker you know why you are awesome? Because your the only troll that does his job right.

True Romance

Smash Ace
Well doesn't seem like anyone from Perth has any real issues about the list which is a good thing_ Seems like the east coast are the ones doing the major complaining which is odd but still nice for input_ Power Rankings are fine even though i don't understand why we need them, but generally WA is fairly relaxed and hardly opinionated like some states_
Like I was saying to some of the guys before Bob, us posting power rankings if basically like us making a thread that says "Come troll us plz". All well hopefully it turns out for the best.

Jupz

Smash Master
Well this is meant to just be a Perth thread and people who haven't played us shouldn't be commenting. I'm happy with Chewe's and Alzi's input though and we will consider what you've said for the next PR.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
SHAYA'S SUPER FUN HAPPY SMASH LESSONS

LEARN HOW TO BEAT SCRUBBY TOON LINKS, FALCOS, AND TOON LINKS!
GUARANTEED,
OR YOUR MON-
*flies back to Sydney*

$50 PER HOUR!

Zimbabwe dollars, alcohol, love, food, or hugs or other similar currency also accepted.

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME!!!!!....will u except the pickles from my cheezburgerz as payment?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
HOT ****IT SHAYA, I'D TOTALLY TAKE YOU UP ON THAT, EXCEPT, YOU KNOW, I DON'T REALLY NEED HELP IN THOSE MATCHUPS. MUCH.

WELL WHY DON'T YOU TEACH ME META KNIGHT INSTEAD?

100caps

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
teach you how to play against meta knight?

And you sure you don't need falco help?
Shooting dem lasers over your ice blocks and jabbing your **** all night long son.

MTGod

Smash Champion
And now we return to our regular scheduled programming :p

This list is getting me angry because i am on it. They need to remove me since i won't be even attending any brawl tournaments for a long time. Plus Andeh ***** my toon link all the time.
Alzi, this isn't a final list ^^ If it turns out that you don't attend the next few tournaments the list will be updated with that new info :p Take it as a compliment while you can get it, hm??? :p

Plus, if people started being omitted simply because they don't like being on top player lists, then the list would immediately become inaccurate... So, knowing that you will be disrupting the entirety of the rankings, would you still be wanting yourself to be taken off the list???

Yeah and I don't want to be 20/20 =[
I dunno, I reckon there'd be like 7 of us contending over 20th spot :p

It was one tournament where trill stuffed up. If he didn't make it just because of that one tournament then thats bad very very very bad.
I dunno - considering how evenly matched people are between (estimating) 9th-14th best players in Perth, I can see single tournaments having drastic effects in this region (especially since there were only 5 Perth tournaments considered, ergo making last tournament's performance worth a technical 20% :p)...

Accuracy arrives with more data, so all we need are more tournaments to sort out the discrepancies :p

I don't like this power ranking thing, and it seems most of us have problems with it.
I dunno - a LOT of the squabbling came from non-Perth people for the first 3 pages of this thread, debating about Vlade's position over Ric (Out of staters have more interest in Perth than Perth people do :p)... I reckon that, as long as the debate and argument is kept above board, the PR should work itself out fine when more data comes crashing in ^^

Alzi

Smash Master
Since Alex has done the research to show the glenn and kane thing then it actually does make sense to put glenn above kane. Unless theres somthing i'm missing that the panelist haven't explained yet?

I'm not trying to help glenn get higher or backing up on any sides all i heard was the panelist mainly look at the tournament results and see how well they play with others in the scene.

Also Shaya teaching someone to play against toon link will in no way give them a better chance to beat Samuel. His toon link is insane and he mixes up his gameplay so much that you can't keep up.

Jupz

Smash Master
omg shaya wanna come over my haus when you come to perth

Also, the list is not only based on tournament results remember. There are other criteria involved which is why kane was put above Glen.

Alzi

Smash Master
What is the other criteria? :p

Kane did go to squat though so i guess that might put him higher then glenn. And he has played with luke and others.

Muzga

Smash Ace
With regards to this whole Vlade/Ric thing

1) Richards level of play is extremely volatile given his mood at the time that he plays. If he is angry or upset or under a lot of pressure he DOES choke. I'm not trying to talk **** but at squat Richard had the potential to place higher then he did. Vlade has put in some work to learn about this game, does a lot of research and plays at a consistently high skill level and consistently beats more of our high placing players with the exclusion of kane, As a result we decided Vlade should be higher then Ric

2) If ric overcomes some of the hurdles brought about by his own laziness, if he actually bothers to learn the ins and outs of this game and if he learnt more about tech skill Richard could become very dangerous and a threat to samuels reign of terror. I think that richard has the potential to come out above vlade but until he bothers to try to learn more about his options and more with regards to tech skill it's not gonna happen.

Edit: Also suck it up alzi.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Also Shaya teaching someone to play against toon link will in no way give them a better chance to beat Samuel.
Wait, so you think that researching the Toonlink matchup isn't going to help some play better against Toonlink? Are you high, or just incredibly stupid?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I think that it's more "I'm unaware of things that I can do that actually allow me to compete on the match up at a higher level".

As I said, you've got a bomb in hand?
I'm rushing towards you and catching it as you invinci-bomb with fair/uair and then hitting you twice with your own bomb and an aerial afterwards.
Not saying that's easy, but I always try to.
Do you try to do that?
Do you REALISE you can do that?
Do I try to make a complained about tactic beatable with prediction?

It is a bit easier with Marth considering his "grab range" including that of items in the air/ground is quite large, and covers quite a large distance with his uair.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Muzga hit the nail hard there_ Ric has amazing potential that is restricted by his lack of knowledge on the tech side of Brawl_ With better knowledge and mental confidence, then i feel Ric should be the one beating Sam_

Jupz don't ask Shaya to stay at your place cause he'll eat all your food, drink all your milk and john alot_ Walk for your own god**** sandwhich Shaya_

MTGod

Smash Champion
I should be able to provide some transport for a few people from the Airport, given that I'm not scheduled to work :p I'll try and swindle my way into an SUV for the day :p Smashfest should be scheduled on the day of Eastern arrivals :D

EDIT: Isn't this a PR thread :S???

Alzi

Smash Master
Telling me to suck it up Muzga there was really no need for that. I'm just thinking and putting in my comments after all thats what this thread is for right? It's not just to look at the power rankings and quickly agree to them we need to go in deep discussion about them at times. I put my comments in about the richard and vlade situation not for you to rage about it Andre and yes i do accept what you said in your post but i still don't see the need to go and edit your post and tell me to suck it up. Also lol @ puting someones mood into consideration.

C~Dog i said teaching someone how to play against toon link will no way help you beat Samuel. This is for Samuel only because he plays insane like. Teachning someone how to play toon link would help against people like me because i am not at Sam's crazy level. :p I know how to play toon link and know much more then Shaya does about toon link i'm not trying to diss shaya or anything like that but i have vsed sam and seen him play certain match-ups i am still amazed at how Vlade hasn't completly thrashed him by now with his falco.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
What's a PR thread?

teach you how to play against meta knight?

And you sure you don't need falco help?
Shooting dem lasers over your ice blocks and jabbing your **** all night long son.
teehee. Well I meant using Meta Knight, but now you mention it, I really do need to learn to fight MK as well, the *******. Everyone in NSW picking him up n ****. DAiring my **** n ****. I agree I could probably do with some Falco experience, but in terms of matchups there are many more important ones I could be focusing on, he's more or less bottom of the list atm.

Verse Samuel and you'll change your mind ^_^
Oh, I'm sure he will; I'm just saying, I know the TL matchup reasonably well, as I play TLs all the time. There are better areas I could focus on. Actually, I've been wanting to play Sam for a while, he better be at Robocop or something. :)

Muzga

Smash Ace
Telling me to suck it up Muzga there was really no need for that. I'm just thinking and putting in my comments after all thats what this thread is for right? It's not just to look at the power rankings and quickly agree to them we need to go in deep discussion about them at times. I put my comments in about the richard and vlade situation not for you to rage about it Andre and yes i do accept what you said in your post but i still don't see the need to go and edit your post and tell me to suck it up. Also lol @ puting someones mood into consideration.
You clearly didnt read what i posted properly. My telling you to suck it up was with regards to the fact that you are in our power rankings, I honestly dont understand why you have a problem with it. If you stop coming to tournaments like you said you might then youll fall out of the power rankings, Complaining about it seems illogical.

Also you have no idea what youre talking about. Richards playstyle is inconsistent, If hes in a bad mood he doesnt play as well to the point that his general skill level is inconsistent. At times ive been able to beat him consistently, for example, despite the fact that i am less skilled then richard. Because of that volatility in his playstyle he is inconsistent and that is something alister doesnt suffer from. If you think about it it makes sense,

Think before you make fun of other peoples assertions

Alzi

Smash Master
Everyone who is in a bad mood doesn't play as well to the point that their skill level is inconsistent.

And you could of atleast said after that line suck it up you're staying on the power rankings or somthing similer and not make it look like a attack.

Muzga

Smash Ace
Everyone who is in a bad mood doesn't play as well to the point that their skill level is inconsistent.

And you could of atleast said after that line suck it up you're staying on the power rankings or somthing similer and not make it look like a attack.
I'm sorry i didnt cater to your little comfort zone there.

Also i refuse to debate with you about this, it wont end well.

Alzi

Smash Master
I was going to stop but then i read you said suck it up Alzi and thought it was some attack. But then you explained so it's all good.

Top Bottom