• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

swordsaint

Smash Master
Btw, Marty, you know if you complete Spirt and Shadow Temple, the game assumes you've completed the rest? Thus, you only need to get the items from the other temples, not fight the bosses.
I'm pretty sure it's just the Spirit Temple.

And half the items you don't even need due to being able to glitch Ganon's Tower.

Pete278

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure it's just the Spirit Temple.

And half the items you don't even need due to being able to glitch Ganon's Tower.
You can also glitch past the Dodongo's Cavern and Jabu Jabu by walking through the Door of Time, taking the Sword, then killing yourself. Then you win a bomb bag from the Bombchu place. If you're good at the Bombchu game, it saves a ****ton of time.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Fearr_ Just remembered your post_ You shouldn't fall into the Ganondorf trap tbh_ He's fun to play but limits your chances at playing competitively_ My suggestion is out of the 2 you should learn Kirby_ He will give you a better foundation with much needed skills and i feel his is slightly underrated_ After playing Hotdogs i saw that Kirby has some great things he can do_

In all honesty though_ You should play the cast as much as possible to get a feeling on which character you enjoy the most_ I found that the decision changed after learning certain techs, abilities and playstyles so this might help your decision further_ If you understand the mechnics of Brawl and its various techs then the decision on character choice will become easier_ Choos a starting character that will give you a grip on these skills and then apply them to the entire cast in your own time to get a better grasp on who feels more comfortable to you playstyle wise_

Hope that makes sense_

Alzi

Smash Master
Fear should use toon link. Just try out toon link and watch some combo vids and you will love him in no time. =]

Also i am making a Majoras Mask wii box art just for pete.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Btw, Marty, you know if you complete Spirt and Shadow Temple, the game assumes you've completed the rest? Thus, you only need to get the items from the other temples, not fight the bosses.
I am aware of that and I tried convincing Ryan to do that, he kept saying about he was to tired to seam walk and he couldn't get on the seam, in which he refused to give me the controller to do it for him. So yeah :/
Secret of Mana speed run kgo
One more controller and a multitap and we can have 3 players!
you mean like stickers to go on your wii type thing? because if so i'm dying to get some
No box art as in the covers for games...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
L4D by the sounds of it. Would be badass to have an 8 person lan and do vs :p

MTGod

Smash Champion
Where are you moving to Jesse? North of the river? :D
Nah, Mt Pleasant (pretty much 5-10 minute walk from Canning Bridge Station)... It's a pretty insane house compared to what I've been living in for the rest of my life, so I am still adjusting to it :p (I get excited over pool tables :p)

EDIT: Curses, Marty beat me to it!!! Rawrgh

Secret of Mana speed run kgo_ Good to be home peeps_ Had fun with all the perth guys in QLD and looking forward to catching up with you all again_
Welcome back, Bob ^^ Now you can play fun Brawl again :D

im up for tales of symphonia got a good 100 or more hours on that game
Me and Marty were discussing it further, and I reckon that we would only be able to complete one disc if it was to be a speedrun race between 3-6 people, given that it'll probably take us 12-15 hours to do the first disc since there's no player swaps (and we'll need to take strategic food breaks and such - oh it's not just about the game :D)... Of course, if enough people could get the same two days off in a row then we could do the whole game :p

lol, I could do it so quick with my chars, I beat the final boss in 6 seconds
Luke, of course we'd be starting from scratch :p New Game Plus is just cheating for a speedrace ^^

Safe to assume from no phoneclal in the morning that Graham made it back alright?
That guy needs to be chained to a post next time he wants to drink :p

there'll be none of this '...' crap from you sir marteh.
Yeah - unnecessary triple punctuation usages is my thang!!!

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Don't steal my thunder_ Although i use _ now, dots were my thing_ About to watch Coraline with 3d glasses heh_ Nothing beats looking like a douche in your own home_ Iron Man2 trailer is out for anybody interested_ It looks amazing_

On a final note_ Everyone should make the effort to watch Avatar in 3d_ Welcome to the future of film gentlemen, it is a truly amazing thing and you should all make the effort to witness it_

Alzi

Smash Master
I saw shark boy and lava girl in 3D and i was all like WOAH.

The future is going to be so weird but awesome at the same time. Plus Bob will be making us good movies.

I haven't been to the movies 3 years now.

MTGod

Smash Champion
With Techno on this one - I can't justify spending that much on a movie when it'll be like $2 at Video Ezy a year later... So I save the money :p

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I throughly enjoy film so when the rare occasion that a good movie actually comes out that isn't just guns and explosions, I always try to watch it in cinema. Will be seeing Avatar tomorrow.

Oh yeah it's an ellipsis people not a triple punctuation, and its used to signify an intentional omission of a word or a phrase from the original text, or a puse in speech or unfinished thought!

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
I hear avatar 3d is like REALLY good. My dad got an invite to the premiere but I thought it looked bad, because to me, the graphics look bad. It was probably because of a lack of 3d experience. I saw the invention of lying on thursday. It was pretty good but not great and I would not recommend it.

Anyway rflan was good. Didnt get to play in the brawl comp but i pretty much ***** anyone who tried to vs me on it.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Aren't the graphics meant to be really good in the movie? I also hate it when people base their opinions of the looks of games or films, Super Mario isn't the best graphics the world has seen but it still kicks ***. Old movies like 12 Angry men don't look the best but they are still quality films.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Aren't the graphics meant to be really good in the movie? I also hate it when people base their opinions of the looks of games or films, Super Mario isn't the best graphics the world has seen but it still kicks ***. Old movies like 12 Angry men don't look the best but they are still quality films.
Have to agree, The Shawshank Redemption FTW

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Well the assumption is generally that, the bigger the budget, the better the movie/ game should be_ Which is true in theory_ Problem is that it isn't always executed as such_ Film is a great example of this (New Moon put to shame glorious shame by it's predecessor on a measly budget)_ Thankfully Avatar, biggest budget yet of over $600 million lives up to those expectations_

I agree that it is always quality over quantity and some people tend to forget that, either being a developer sucked into the money train or the audience who is easily dazzled by bright lights and shiny effects_ Let us all never forget what happened to Transformers people_

Coraline is such a good film, s creepy but amusing at the same time with a really enjoyable story_ Too bad the 3d glasses sucked hard (old school blue + red ones, think 'Zombies ate my neighbours'), need to steal me some of the new ones_

Been reading about TvC a fair bit and getting back into the arcade style of thinking_ Really can't wait for it to be released_ Gonna get the SE edition arcade stick that's being released for it, unless a TE edition with all the juicy Japanese parts comes out_ Who will you be looking at maining_? My thoughts are Tekkaman Blade, Batsu, Karas and possibly Viewtiful Joe atm_ Will probably change after release although i love Tekkaman too much to back down from him_

Vlade

Social Outcast
Chun-Li and Batsu for me, I've been maining them in the original

Apparently they're releasing a Madcatz TE edition stick for the release, I'm so getting it

Top Bottom