• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Well we have all of the east wanting to dethrone Sam, and I'm guessing after SQUAT alot more of them know we're legit and want to play. So I'm expecting a fair turn out from over east.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Muzga

Wow two new people is just great. Man next smash bros game we are going to have about 40 turn outs all the time.

Welcome to Fearr and Cartel. I am Alan. =]

Cartel's a girl so is this officialy the first girl in our smash scene? If so wooo. Theres only like one in NSW i think and it's LeishuChu.

Jupz is on top. I probally won't be able to attend any tourneys during these holidays.

Oh splice i saw a vid of you playing. Your game and watch looks sexy.
Wow. a girl had joined our scene. Could someone explain to me why this is is apparently such a big deal? Its good to see people are making a strong effort to not alienate other people or anything.

More players are always welcome and its good to meet you cartel. Feel free to come to some of our tournaments and get involved with the perth scene. weve got a lot of cool people and meets and backyard brawls and other fun stuff. maybe i was over reacting or something but the general "zomg theres a girl on the internet!" really doesnt jive with me.

And a warm welcome to Fearr! You should come to the next smashfest or meet and get to know the guys:D we keep smashboards updated with details for meets and other such leisurely partakings. were cool guys and stuff so yeah!

Come on down and say hi:D
This message has been brought to you today by sleep deprived muzga;)

Pete278

Smash Lord
What does it matter? Lol. Its a months difference. It doesn't matter if its technically held 2011 or 2010.
I know it may not -seem- like a month matters, but think about it:

2009:
NOTHING HELD IN PERTH

2010:
NOTHING HELD IN PERTH

Two years in a row without anything, and people start looking funny. Doesn't matter if there's one a month after 2010, still causes looks.

swordsaint

Smash Master
if things are more convenient no one really cares.

its not like we'll hate you for not having one. It's pretty expensive to go to perth. some of us might need that year to gather enough money. (poor johns)

Pete278

Smash Lord
Hope that logic gets you places in the business world, then. In addition, I figured this point would be obvious but realized its not, I (and presumably some of the other guys, like Nasch) want to meet and play against the Eastern states, but due to inability to go there, we have to wait for our national, and having it delayed more and more from the originals start estimate isn't fun.

Also, this is my 666th post, so feel free to ignore it because of EEEEVIL

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
So being bored I was on unseen64, we all know what it is.
Anyway and looked at beta melee stuff...There was a unused voice video, I heard Marth in english (presumably his taunt)..THANK **** HE SPEAKS JAPANESE..

swordsaint

Smash Master
pete, this isn't the business world. This is gaming for fun. trying to compare it is absolutely pointless

your point of having to wait is understandable. however, it's the same for us. only, you're not putting in a great deal of effort to come to ours. Having a tournament convenient for perth because you dont want to wait isn't logical, when you want to play US. We'll be the ones paying hundreds of dollars to get there, and its much more logical to pick a date that's easier for us..

mmk?

People won't attend if it's too expensive and during an inconvenient time, and I can tell you now January is a lot easier than December. We have to wait too, two way street there buddy.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ahh scoot... always stirring **** up eh?

anyways, if all of Elysium comes, we count as 30 people

swordsaint

Smash Master
I'm not stirring things up. you're doing it now by asking me. :p

he was playing an "oh pity me" card for something that goes both ways. we'll be the ones paying when the time comes so perth should try to make it as cheap as possible as well. =//

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
zzz_ I go to sleep and awake to a destructive amount of pages to filter through_

Welcome to the newbies_ Don't be fooled by someone saying they are a girl because a) internet is all guys b) girls say there girls so you go easy on them_ ;) Welcome none the less it's good to get more numbers and we hope you all stick around_

Dreamworld today_ SQUAT was great fun for the only day i went_ I think QLD was happy with the perth crew and it was great to learn new skills and techniques that will overall improve our game_

Scoot_ You need to realise that regardless of the date we hold EI3, ticket prices will vary depending on how long you leave buying tickets till_ If we give everyone a years notice, that means you have the entire year to scout for ticket prices_ Chances are you will find decent prices around the middle of the year_ I have heard people say that they get tickets for around $200 return_ I'm certain we will be recommending websites to sign upto for updates for all the idiots out there who are silly enough to not understand that flight costs vary depending on the month of purchase, regardless of which month you will be flying in_

tibs7

Smash Champion
@alzi leishachu is clearly fom melbourne and we also have like 2 other chicks so nerr ;)

scoots points were amazing. dont hold it in december please!
and heaps of easterners will go to this including the top players so dont worry about the turnout bros. it was never really in danger.

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
Trav (account owner):

Yeah Tails Marty's right, A lot of guys have said they'll definitely come like ted, vyse, and others.
Im hoping Scabe's coming down *shakesfist*.
Otherwise im definetly going to convince him. Haha.

And yes my cousin, Cartel is a girl. Im staying at my cousin's place right now, so I should know.
-_-

Fearr.

Smash Cadet
Im hoping Scabe's coming down *shakesfist*.
Otherwise im definetly going to convince him. Haha.

And yes my cousin, Cartel is a girl. Im staying at my cousin's place right now, so I should know.
-_-
Thats where your wrong tails shes actually a sheman! Jokes sorry cartel xDD

Vlade

Social Outcast
Scoot has a point, flight costs are very bad in December all because it is the start of the holiday season, and we want to accomodate for the easterners as much as possible. I'd imagine hotel prices will also be at their peak at that time of year.

January seems like a decent idea I suppose

Anyway off the topic of EI3 for now (we can discuss this irl at a smashfest or something) I suggest that we revise the Perth Stagelist. I don't care if you have favourite stages (like me and Japes) but we really need to get rid of some bull**** stages that are in there.

Neutral:

- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Yoshi's Story
- Smashville
- Lylat

Counterpicks:

- Delfino Plaza
- Frigate Orpheon
- Battleship Halberd
- Castle Siege
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Pokemon Stadium 1

Something like that. I see no reason to keep any other stages. We could always change the number of neutrals to 3 but I think 5 is fair with Lylat because that can just be striked if you don't like it

MTGod

Smash Champion
AND I THOUGHT THE PAGES WOULD SLOW DOWN AFTER 10PM.... silly me...

If I sang the D00M song would I be allowed back in Perth, MTGod?
Only if you sang the full 6 month long version, and all in the right pitch :p

GaW eats Lucas for breakfast. So in that case Lucas is not "EWWW" but "Mmm Delicious!"
Yes, sad but true... That's when a secondary comes in handy :p

Why did you not say that to Queensland, then? (RE: December Flights)
Perth gets ***** on travel, and consequently people travelling to/from Perth will get ***** on travel... You know how it cost our guys $600 to travel over there??? It's going to cost pretty much the same for those guys to travel over here during a holiday period... If we want to maximise OoS attendance, we need to make sure people can afford it :p Going on what Bob said, whenever we choose to hold it we need to advertise for twice as long as other nationals, since OoS guys need to rake in the moneys... Not everyone has Andre's work ethic :p

glenn if you hack my account once more i will never drive you to a tournament again!!!!!.
GET YOUR OWN ACCOUNT GLENN!!!!!!!!

Wow. a girl had joined our scene. Could someone explain to me why this is is apparently such a big deal? Its good to see people are making a strong effort to not alienate other people or anything.
From what I know Alzi was making a joke about himself based on prior stereotyping from people about him, but unfortunately it was more creepy than funny :p NT Alzi, Better Luck Next Time, yeah :p???

Something like that. I see no reason to keep any other stages. We could always change the number of neutrals to 3 but I think 5 is fair with Lylat because that can just be striked if you don't like it
I'd be more inclined with 3 neutrals - it's quicker/easier, it gets rid of YI which almost everyone hates anyway, and it removes the need for striking stages which you just don't like (unless anyone actually hates any of the neutrals as a stage???)

rc not a cp.
I'm undecided on this... On one hand, RC is a valid counterpick because characters that are good in the air should be allowed a stage where they have an advantage (given it IS a counterpick and all)... On the other hand, Metaknight... Tough decision :p If I had to choose now, I would be saying it should be a counterpick, but that decision could easily be swayed with arguments that even make a little bit of sense :p

And, Mr. Vlade, where oh where is Pirate Ship??? You don't want to piss off the one person that holds our scene together, do you...?

There's not a whole lot we can do until we get a venue sorted out (and by that I mean actually deciding on a venue, not necessarily booking it), so I would be inclined to choose that as our next topic :p Then we can go on and discuss setup projections, games we want present, dates, fees, bond money organisation etc. etc. :p

EDIT: Wow, 6/10 of my paragraphs finished with ':p'... That's not good T.T

EDIT2: PokeStad2 is too............. move-y.............. Treadmills, Air vents slowing descent, etc... In other words it's not giving an advantage because of the stage layout, it gives advantage because certain characters can handle these where others cannot... Example - try using Bowser on the Treadmill portion of the stage :p At least, so I think anyway :p

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
So at first I was going to ***** about Norfair being banned...But eh whatever.
My main issue is getting rid of YI as a starter, unless there's a good reason why this shouldn't be a starter which isn't
-"I hate this stage"
-"The slightly grounded floor ruins my strategies"

Seriously, explain the hateorade on what in my opinion is one of the best neutral stages.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yoshi's Island should not be neutral because:

- The bumpy floor can wreck certain techs characters may have
- The ledges can gimp recoverys like Yoshi's jump and Zelda's upb
- There is a random chance that the stage will save the stock of a player. This can influence the outcome of a match majorly.

Top Bottom