• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

MTGod

Smash Champion
Marty that so doesn't count!!! Not a meaningful post... I call for third umpire!!!!

Anyway, so what venue did we end up deciding on???

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
If you mean for EI3 I'm pretty sure we still haven't made an official decision due to the better ones we need sponsors for :/... they're expensive apparently.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
GameTraders in the city seemed interested in helping sponsor before

Jupz

Smash Master
Just keep the 4 usual neutrals. Besides, FD is more broken then YI. If were going to have 3 we should remove FD before YI.

RC should be allowed. Actually lets just keep our current stage set. Maybe at the national we can tighten up a bit. But its up to the TO. Also yay techno using Snake :)

MTGod

Smash Champion
What do you reckon we should hit the sponsors up for??? Just money, or ask if we could get some help with set-ups too??? (I have a feeling I've asked this question before...)

Actually, maybe we should leave the discussion for now and discuss it at the next smashfest... That way we could get some stuff written down, and prioritise what we need to do to get this **** happening :p

Splice

Smash Hero
Just keep the 4 usual neutrals. Besides, FD is more broken then YI. If were going to have 3 we should remove FD before YI.

For the record, this is what NSW did ; Their starters were BF, SV and YI.
Also for the record, I do not agree with this. Just thought you might like to know...

Vlade

Social Outcast
Okay not to flame but Norfair is a HORRIBLE stage

If you want to counterpick it, fine. I'll just pick metaknight and the match will be guaranteed to last 8 minutes.

Feel free to keep the stagelist though, I plan on abusing it as much as I can next tournament

Jupz

Smash Master
Lol, because you will place a lot better :) (aimed at techno not vlade).

Also Vlade we know how gay people can play at certain stages. Thats why we like those stages :) (at least I do). Up for smash tomorrow?

Splice

Smash Hero
Vlade about that Falco AT on RC ; Isn't that laser locking banned anyway? I thought it was.

@Cartel : Your post made no sense to me. Make more sense please. Thankyou.

BTW just to let you all know, I'm going to continue consistantly posting here ForEveR. Because I AM FROM PERTH.

Technodeath

Smash Champion

If you want to counterpick it, fine. I'll just pick metaknight and the match will be guaranteed to last 8 minutes.

Feel free to keep the stagelist though, I plan on abusing it as much as I can next tournament
you didnt do that when i cp'd norfair against you in dubz D:

in all honesty norfair is one of my favourite stages

Pete278

Smash Lord

Have you ever watched your matches with Sam? They all go 7 bloody minutes regardless of stage. Its so boring to commentate.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Wow Vlade just wow_ I never thought you were so gay until now_ Honestly your list for counterpicks actually excludes Lylat, which, if i'm not mistaken, is a bad CP for Falco_ Wonder why that was removed hmm_ Honestly if you are going to whine about various random elements in a stage then grow up_

Norfair and port town are fine being banned_ It's understood that both have elements that can deemed unfair_ Do not ban Pictochat OR Rainbow Cruise_ That's ridiculous_ If people are complaining about those stages because their character isn't good on it then boo hoo, either learn to deal with it, ban it or choose a cp character for when it gets chosen_ The various parts of the stage that are seen as an annoyance can be easily dealt with just like Halberd_ Infact, Pictochat changing constantly can be seen as a good thing in a CP_

In case people have forgotten, CPing is meant to give the loser a slight tactical advantage over there opponent to give them an opportunity to gain a win_ Banning some stages that are bad for a select few characters is a joke imo and those players should learn to deal with it_ Some 'random' elements occour in Brinstar and Halberd but people deal with it because the stage is generally fine_ There is also a reason that we have stage banning in place people, and everyone should be encouraged to learn which stages to ban, use as a cp and sometimes even using character cp's_

I'm happy that YI is remaining a neutral stage because it can just be stage striked by anyone who doesn't like it or it may slightly disadvantage_ This is why stage striking and CPing where created_ To give a fair advantage and tactical development to all players involved_ Unless a stage is deemed by the entire community or is proven to have elements that are horrendously detremental to play or contain elements that characters can abuse, then fine, i will have no argument about having that stage banned_

Do not ban Lylat Cruise or you lose my respect Vlade_ Keep it as a CP_ Same for Rainbow Cruise_ If people dislike it, then work around it or stage ban it_ Some players will have a character that won't fare well in certain stages so know your weaknesses and work around them_ I feel that banning stages because people can't be bothered working around them is a pathetic excuse and makes them a worse player for not being able to handle certain elements in a game's content_

Either that or just make Brawl MK only, no items, FD_ Wow how exciting_ I know i prefer an enjoyable match over the campy boring gameplay_ This is why you don't jus CG>spike all the time Vlade because you want contest you want a challenge_ Keep this in mind before making rash decisions_

Once again, about flight costs_ People need to realise that TICKET PRICES VARY DEPENDING ON WHEN YOU BOOK THEM, NOT WHEN YOU ARE FLYING_ Again, you would know this if you bothered looking into how ticket purchasing works_ Either way it is going to cost over $200 to come to perth so if you're going to have money johns even with a years notice then don't bother coming and wasting your precious time and money_ Hey it's not like the perth guys made the effort last minute at $450 - $680 return to QLD or anything_ How easily people forget when they are so self absorbed_

Splice

Smash Hero
Wow Vlade just wow_ I never thought you were so gay until now_ Honestly your list for counterpicks actually excludes Lylat, which, if i'm not mistaken, is a bad CP for Falco_ Wonder why that was removed hmm_ Honestly if you are going to whine about various random elements in a stage then grow up_

Norfair and port town are fine being banned_ It's understood that both have elements that can deemed unfair_ Do not ban Pictochat OR Rainbow Cruise_ That's ridiculous_ If people are complaining about those stages because their character isn't good on it then boo hoo, either learn to deal with it, ban it or choose a cp character for when it gets chosen_ The various parts of the stage that are seen as an annoyance can be easily dealt with just like Halberd_ Infact, Pictochat changing constantly can be seen as a good thing in a CP_
I agree with this, except that Vlade is only gay for me <3, but not in general. Oh and I don't think constant changes on Pictochat make it a good CP. The fact that it changes just changes the flow of the match. Some transformations including the main one may benefit the CP'er, but the changes aren't really helpful to that, in the end just annoying.

In case people have forgotten, CPing is meant to give the loser a slight tactical advantage over there opponent to give them an opportunity to gain a win_ Banning some stages that are bad for a select few characters is a joke imo and those players should learn to deal with it_ Some 'random' elements occour in Brinstar and Halberd but people deal with it because the stage is generally fine_ There is also a reason that we have stage banning in place people, and everyone should be encouraged to learn which stages to ban, use as a cp and sometimes even using character cp's_

I'm happy that YI is remaining a neutral stage because it can just be stage striked by anyone who doesn't like it or it may slightly disadvantage_ This is why stage striking and CPing where created_ To give a fair advantage and tactical development to all players involved_ Unless a stage is deemed by the entire community or is proven to have elements that are horrendously detremental to play or contain elements that characters can abuse, then fine, i will have no argument about having that stage banned_

_
THIS.
Can you please post this in every other Australian Tournament discussion thread please?
This is just amazing. Bsrk_ has Perth haxxx

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I agree with this, except that Vlade is only gay for me <3, but not in general. Oh and I don't think constant changes on Pictochat make it a good CP. The fact that it changes just changes the flow of the match. Some transformations including the main one may benefit the CP'er, but the changes aren't really helpful to that, in the end just annoying.
I think I've said this in every thread about Pictochat, but it's more of a CP against a person than a character. Someone can't deal with change? It's golden!

LC Needs to be either Strater or CP. There is nothing bannable about it.

Splice

Smash Hero
I think I've said this in every thread about Pictochat, but it's more of a CP against a person than a character. Someone can't deal with change? It's golden!

LC Needs to be either Strater or CP. There is nothing bannable about it.
I don't want Pictochat banned per se, It's just the change doesn't really help CP chars. But I guess CPing a person change would help... I wouldn't put CPing against a person a good reason for it to be a CP though, as common criteria for the banning of stages is when it becomes more of a fight against the stage than the opponent for one or both of the players.

Vlade

Social Outcast

Do not ban Lylat Cruise or you lose my respect Vlade_ Keep it as a CP_ Same for Rainbow Cruise_ If people dislike it, then work around it or stage ban it_ Some players will have a character that won't fare well in certain stages so know your weaknesses and work around them_ I feel that banning stages because people can't be bothered working around them is a pathetic excuse and makes them a worse player for not being able to handle certain elements in a game's content_

Either that or just make Brawl MK only, no items, FD_ Wow how exciting_ I know i prefer an enjoyable match over the campy boring gameplay_ This is why you don't jus CG>spike all the time Vlade because you want contest you want a challenge_ Keep this in mind before making rash decisions_

Once again, about flight costs_ People need to realise that TICKET PRICES VARY DEPENDING ON WHEN YOU BOOK THEM, NOT WHEN YOU ARE FLYING_ Again, you would know this if you bothered looking into how ticket purchasing works_ Either way it is going to cost over $200 to come to perth so if you're going to have money johns even with a years notice then don't bother coming and wasting your precious time and money_ Hey it's not like the perth guys made the effort last minute at $450 - $680 return to QLD or anything_ How easily people forget when they are so self absorbed_
I only merely forgot to put it in my second proposed list, if you paid attention to my first one I even included it in NEUTRALS. Lylat isn't even that bad for falco anyway when we have BRINSTAR, FRIGATE AND DELFINO. I'd love to play on Lylat instead of those stages any day.

I'm inclined to say that MK only would be more fun than Falco vs Toon Link lol. Ask Pete since he commentates me vs sam all the time. I only enjoy watching them because I like all the videos of me playing but a lot of people tell me it's boring as **** to watch and that's completely understandable. After all, they're characters which rely on camping to win so we do that. Furthermore, this is BRAWL we're talking about, and the mechanics in this game promote camping and gayness. It's just a boring game in general lol yet I still enjoy it.

I'm on the anti-ban side of Rainbow Cruise to be honest but I do see its flaws as a stage - note that when I proposed this new stagelist that I was COMPLETELY unbiased, I even excluded JAPES, the best falco stage ever. I just want a solid stage list which players can counterpick from where no bull**** happens

I know it seems sudden that I'm ranting about these stages but I really shouldn't be winning on norfair, any player that has any idea of camping should beat me with no problem at all on some of the stages I have removed

Vlade

Social Outcast
The klap traps and the fact that it promotes camping in general should also be considered, I've footstooled someone into a klap trap before and they died at 40% which I believe is quite broken and banworthy. If me vs Samuel on FD lasts 7 mins, I wouldn't want to even think about how long our match would last on Japes >_> Too bad he bans it lol, if you're versing Vladeyboy in the bracket it's obvious that Japes is an auto-ban

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
hey perth try stage striking. if u dont like fd as a neutral. also put lylat back to neut.
imo counterpicks should give a decent advantage. Its not like you cant change your character -.- , in Brawl match ups play a big part in the game.

so when you lose and feel cheated is it like "aw i lost cause of the crap stage they counterpicked", or is it "aw i lost because you didn't win the first match on a neutral stage".

btw port town is so predictable. also half the time even if u cant recover you bounce off the road or the stage changes and you are safe. so CP.

btw bob is the man

Jupz

Smash Master
I like gay stages because it promotes camping lol. Vlade is right, but instead of banning said gay stages, lets abuse them :D

Splice

Smash Hero
I like gay stages because it promotes camping lol. Vlade is right, but instead of banning said gay stages, lets abuse them :D
YAY!!!
I think it could be a special event for VIC and NSW too! Get rid of Low tier tourney, and have a "ONLY GAY STAGES" tournament instead. Perth is amazing.

MTGod

Smash Champion
TICKET PRICES VARY DEPENDING ON WHEN YOU BOOK THEM, NOT WHEN YOU ARE FLYING_
Both aspects affect the price :p Or, at least according to QANTAS =.=

How to win at Melee??? Play Jigglypuff, of course :p

Top Bottom