• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Richard7

Smash Ace
Infinites are stupid because if you simply make a mistake and get grabbed while in a certain area of a stage, you get grabbed over and over and there is nothing you can do until 300% (i believe those are the rules, unless Vlade has changed them) and once you're at 300%, back throw or up throw and your dead. 1 stock gone. being 1 stock behind almost gets rid of your chance of winning already.

Its just stupid that you have to play extremely defensive/campy/lame simply because certain characters have the ability to do infinites.

I suck at life so I don't expect anyone to take this consideration.

Jupz

Smash Master
omg im so excited yay no ddd infinite ban.

seriously, it wont change much. noone uses DK, samus, mario or luigi anyway.

trav uses G&W against my DDD anyway.

heres my writeup on YI melee if anyone wants to read. it explains why it can be hard for DDD to walk off on YI melee and how it is possible to avoid it.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8086123#post8086123

also shaya ddd can't small step wario, ganon and wolf :) it was proven you could escape. he can only small step DK and bowser and infinite DK, samus, mario and luigi

Muzga

Smash Ace
infinites Are Stupid Because If You Simply Make A Mistake And Get Grabbed While In A Certain Area Of A Stage, You Get Grabbed Over And Over And There Is Nothing You Can Do Until 300% (i Believe Those Are The Rules, Unless Vlade Has Changed Them) And Once You're At 300%, Back Throw Or Up Throw And Your Dead. 1 Stock Gone. Being 1 Stock Behind Almost Gets Rid Of Your Chance Of Winning Already.

Its Just Stupid That You Have To Play Extremely Defensive/campy/lame Simply Because Certain Characters Have The Ability To Do Infinites.

I Suck At Life So I Don't Expect Anyone To Take This Consideration.
Its A Paradox!!!!!!xd

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Actually, I like the idea of Bob/Trav/Andre, that would be like the best commentary team ever :)
Yeah both of em are best :)
"both of em are best". Both = 2 , Bob/Trav/Andre = 3. ie, 2 = 3...!!????????????????????????????? -->>>> Universe explodes on itself.

This thread has been active a lot recently :) Also, MK's infinite cape glitch is only banned when used as stalling, used as an evasion technique it is allowed as seen by vids in US tourneys :)

Jupz

Smash Master
Nah, its banned for anything, they just use it for the lulz and don't get banned for some reason :|

Thats the one thing I think should be banned. Also the SBR rules recommend it be banned.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
If I was the TO I would've taken the match away from M2K for using EDC, it was intentional and even if it didn't make much of a difference he still deliberately broke the rules.

Thanks for all the commentary support guys! I'm happy to take turns with people :)

As for the DDD infinites I think they should remain banned but really can't be ****ed getting into another huge debate so all I'll say is wasn't one of your points in the IC's debate that it's not as easy as DDD's infinite?

Jupz

Smash Master
Not in the official SBR ruleset. I think that should stay banned, because of the immense advantage it gives the already clear cut best character in the game.

Richard7

Smash Ace
Am I missing something when it comes to infinites? It is my understanding that on Green Greens its possible to go on one of the platforms on the right or left and grab someone (with Falco or DDD) over and over into the falling blocks. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

ichigo601

Smash Apprentice
yeow 5th :bee: lol.....is anyone actually planning to go to the queensland smash tournament? Me and glenn are both thinking of gong to queensland for a week or so, doing all the theme parks and stuff, might time it so we go when the tournaments on :). Does anyone have a clue what kind of turn out it might get?

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Am I missing something when it comes to infinites? It is my understanding that on Green Greens its possible to go on one of the platforms on the right or left and grab someone (with Falco or DDD) over and over into the falling blocks. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thats right. Basically if you want to win this next tourney you go falco / ddd and choose GG's as a counterpick :D

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Nice game at the tourney and grats to the winner..
The winner was me btw :p This was an old post from page 39 of this thread and the tourney was in reference to the Gametraders one. :D

MUST ADD TEXT TO ALLOW FOR SIGNATURE!!!!MUST ADD TEXT TO ALLOW FOR SIGNATURE!!!! MUST ADD TEXT TO ALLOW FOR SIGNATURE!!!! MUST ADD TEXT TO ALLOW FOR SIGNATURE!!!! MUST ADD TEXT TO ALLOW FOR SIGNATURE!!!! MUST ADD TEXT TO ALLOW FOR SIGNATURE!!!! MUST ADD TEXT TO ALLOW FOR SIGNATURE!!!!MUST ADD TEXT TO ALLOW FOR SIGNATURE!!!! MUST ADD TEXT TO ALLOW FOR SIGNATURE!!!! MUST ADD TEXT TO ALLOW FOR SIGNATURE!!!! MUST ADD TEXT TO ALLOW FOR SIGNATURE!!!! MUST ADD TEXT TO ALLOW FOR SIGNATURE!!!! MUST ADD TEXT TO ALLOW FOR SIGNATURE!!!! MUST ADD TEXT TO ALLOW FOR SIGNATURE!!!! MUST ADD TEXT TO ALLOW FOR SIGNATURE!!!! MUST ADD TEXT TO ALLOW FOR SIGNATURE!!!! MUST ADD TEXT TO ALLOW FOR SIGNATURE!!!! MUST ADD TEXT TO ALLOW FOR SIGNATURE!!!!

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Talk about his falco in that his falco is unusually good? its full of mistakes? it has no mistakes? its horribly bad? A fortress of lasers is kind of hard to get around imo :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Late to the party, but yes, IDC is banned completly. They jsut let M2K get away with it for no reason. I know I'd ban him if he used it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Okay..

Point 1
You systematically camp with lasers without distinctive purpose; you put yourself on auto pilot for it and do stupid things like jump to laser when a kid with a bomb and a sword is in your face.
You need to actually -think- about your movements Vlade.

You guys are lucky Vlade is actually being lazy in his campage, plus I hardly see any PS'ing from Corpse.
Falco has a ****ing humongous array of tools to not just make approaching a chore with lasers, but him covering like 3/4ths of your options with an array of his attacks when you actually get close. Vlade just keeps pew pewing, gets hit, or side bs away, when he can be getting 20%+ damage for just about everytime Corpse did a reverse boomerang into a jumping nair/bomb throw.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
They let M2K get away with it because he's M2K so for some reason he deserves special treatment.

M2K=Mew2King
IDC=Infinite Dimensional Cape

Sam why do you have a big blank space underneath your sig? If you got rid of that you wouldn't need to add so much text. Also are you getting Aion? I'm not but Keenan is and apprently its like AO or something

Alzi

Smash Master
kid with a bomb and a sword is in your face.
No one calls toon link a kid. :(

:/ I wrote some other stuff in here but i accidently quoted Shaya.

I have to agree with Shaya not that Vlade is a bad player but Falco in a match can seriously play calm and fast and not do much and win the match. He's like a metaknight that has guns instead of swords and just bad recovery lol. Metaknight with two guns would be a nice hack actually.

Sick again today aswell. Will go back to school on friday and ask teachers if i should move up some levels.

Anyway can't wait until tourney i am not going to scared this time when i am above 100% or if opponent is winning and i will space so accurate as possible and will be faired people into some bombs.

Jupz

Smash Master
Yay I love when people get more campy :) (<- not sarcasm lol)

I think I won't be able to read people as well as I think because I haven't had as much tourney experience :(

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Had some spare time at school today so i have updated the Perth tourney Listings thread a little bit and included the rankings list that Vlade so kindly posted_ I'll be getting Mic to clean it up a bit and keep the posts to upcoming tournaments > results and then replaced by the next tournament_ I will keep only the last tournament results and continually update them with the most recent results to avoid clutter_

Hoping to upgrade it a little bit with some more graphical designs at a later point_

Alzi

Smash Master
I will rip through hell with it aswell.

Also lol i always say things like this but always fail on the day. :p

tibs7

Smash Champion
vlade's falco: you go for cging to often at the start of a stock, too obvious. your laser camping is good more is needed. good shiz perth.
the toon link was pretty good aswell i wanna verse you guys. =)

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Just scream you have aids at your opponent and keep touching them at awkward intervals_

Shaya is right about spacing, and personally i always love a good grab_ Guess it's the Olimar syndrome still deep within me although Shiek does love a good grab release to DACUS/ Usmash ;) Still haven't had a chance to f-tilt lock Vlade's annoying Falco yet either_

EDIT: i'd be interested to get some footage of my Sheik and see what feedback i get on her_

Top Bottom