• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Lol i got 85% on my most recent maths test. Also, what did you mean the largest number humans can comprehend is 10 million? 11 million. Did i just not comprehend something larger than 10 million. I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT COMPREHEND MEANS WTF

Alzi

Smash Master
We do six subjects Jupz and we have to do six.

Is anyone bringing Brawl+ to the tourney since i wouldn't mind trying it out. How can you be so good at maths. I think the only way to improve if your not so good at it is to practice everyday, study every day. But i won't be doing that until year 12.

I am also not sick anymore :D

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Did you know the LARGEST number any human in the world can comprehend its true size is 10 million.
I think the only way to improve if your not so good at it is to practice everyday, study every day.
To Jupz: I can comprehend much larger than 10 million :D If you cant then you need to learn your numbers a little better :D

To Alzi: Being good at maths requires 1 of 2 things. A good teacher that explains things properly and not some idiot like my physics teacher Dodds that tries to square Chlorine OR A -maths-like-brain like mine :) I've been good at maths as far back as I can remember and nobody has ever tought me anything special (Like I never had a tutor or anything like that). The only "maths book" if you can even call it that, that I've looked at was like a picture book that counted the numbers from 1-100. Best Maths Book Ever. Seriously, that book sparked my mathematical mind like nothing else.

PS: my sig colours rock.

Alzi

Smash Master
lol mic.

So the magic is all in the book corps? Maybe that book was passed down from generations to generations and you are the chosen one.

Must...resist urg....to steal your book....

Jupz

Smash Master
Hmm corpse I don't want to get into a debate but thats just what my physics teacher told me and hes usually right about things like this.

But I used to think 1 million was a relatively small number, but it takes around 12 days for 1 million seconds to go by. i thought it would have taken only a few days.

also yeah im probably not as good at maths as corpse, he seems amazing, but i love maths. i dont really study or learn at home... it only increases your knowledge about the topic, not your actual ability.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Alzi me and Bob will both have brawl+ there for you to try out.

Science interests me but I learn most of what I know from the net as the stuff we learn in school doesn't interest me, I also have to do religion as one of my six subjects, I always debate with my teachers and students about god and the fallicies in Christianity. I'm considering doing TEE religion next year though as it's an easy way to raise my TER.

Also Jupz you're a huuuuuuuge nerd :p

Alzi

Smash Master
I was just about to lol at that but you beat me to it Jupz.
As for today i have gotten more manly now that i am 16. Going shops to see what i can buy.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALZI!!!

**** it I thought I was older than you so apart from Vlade i must be the youngest at a ripe 15, I hate having a late birthday.

Anyway Alzi let us know how your day went and what you got, you going to get your L's?

Ric I was going to bring 4.1 but if you think 4.2 would be better I'll grab that.

Jupz

Smash Master
omg its so annoying i did my drivers written test at school last year but they lost the freakin certificate :|

im going again next wednesday.

anyway im 16 since 14th july.

Alzi

Smash Master
hahaha thanks.

My day is normal just like other days. We are going shops and my mum is buying me shoes and my dad is buying me some weights. If i see anything else i might buy.

I'll go for my L's these 2 week holidays coming up. I'll do all the driving in the holidays.

Richard7

Smash Ace
@Travis.

On the site it says the 4.1 should be used at tournaments and the 4.2 codeset is for testing purposes only or something, we've been using the 4.2 codeset at home and I haven't noticed any differences/problems. But JUST in case, we should use 4.1 at the tournament.

So if you and Bob are bringing it, dunno if we should either.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
IMO we shouldnt have anymore then 2 Brawl + setups, it's fun, but it's a side attraction really. And honestly, if anyones gone from playing Brawl + back to normal Brawl, it takes you a good 2 matches to adjust back, and if those 2 matches are tournament matches...Heh good luck.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Grats on reaching 16 Alzi! Make sure you work on mount training. also invest those skill points into Samina. May not be useful for a few more levels but when you get higher and have non-combat encounters with female characters it becomes quite useful.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
But how do you know that I'm not using reverse psychology? But then again... how do you know that this post itself doesnt reflect the truth and is instead being used to further my goal of reverse psychology? You dont do you? So...you dont know whether I actually like the name or not, so you have a 50% chance of choosing the decision that makes me happy (or sad depending on your intentions). MUHAHAHAHA!

Alzi

Smash Master
I want my name in that green colour. Since toon link is green and my toon link icon is green and i will then change my avatar to somthing green.

Also thanks everyone for wishing me a happy birthday. <3.

Jupz

Smash Master
you can pay to be a premium member, and each month you get to prank two people :p someone must have chosen you :p

btw everyone join!

also yeh i want to be a premium member its only like 12 dollars a year so why not? i want to see if I can become a smash researcher first though.

Alzi

Smash Master
A researcher? Nice choice. I am dreaming big and will soon become a Senator just like Mic is. ;)

Oh rofl thats a good idea about the club so joining.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
But how do you know that I'm not using reverse psychology? But then again... how do you know that this post itself doesnt reflect the truth and is instead being used to further my goal of reverse psychology? You dont do you? So...you dont know whether I actually like the name or not, so you have a 50% chance of choosing the decision that makes me happy (or sad depending on your intentions). MUHAHAHAHA!
In that case I choose option C) Immature retribution.

Alzi

Smash Master
You just have to play it cool and let it come to you. "Wow look at that guy he really will be good use here and he hasn't really asked to become one lets hit him with suprise". Bang next time you come on you see your name in red and first thing you think about is mario. Also to be honest toon link boards needs some extreme tidying.

As for tourney $30. Hope my parents don't rage when i tell them.

Top Bottom