• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Yeah count me and Baconfingers in for your tournament Vlade_ I will be bringing a wii + brawl like usual_

Jayce and Proxy are pretty good_ I remember catching Proxy v Corpse and it was an intense match to watch_

I remember Vlade making comment about how he was thinking about heading to QLD for the SQUAT V tournament_ I also like this idea and might make an effort to head over with Babbs as we have a friend who is in QLD_ Is anyone else interested in perhaps creating a small team of Perthians to head over to QLD during this event_? I know Sam could probably afford a flight and a 5 star hotel on his winnings alone atm_

Jupz

Smash Master
I have relatives over there so I could get housing, maybe for one or two of you guys as well.

I've got a couple hundred dollars, if I win some during the upcoming tourneys I'll definitely come.

Who else is interested in going?

I have no clue, how much do plane tickets cost usually?

Can't wait to verse proxy and jayce, are they coming to this?

also pools, awesome lol. im gonna be seeded with good people cause I didn't come to the last one :(

Muzga

Smash Ace
The gig last night was awesome!
Most of the stuff we played was just improvised
But i was on fire!:D:D sucks you guys missed it

I just got back from my first band practise, after last night ive been invited to play with a different band!:D
Life is good

Richard7

Smash Ace
I have relatives over there so I could get housing, maybe for one or two of you guys as well.

I've got a couple hundred dollars, if I win some during the upcoming tourneys I'll definitely come.

Who else is interested in going?

I have no clue, how much do plane tickets cost usually?

Can't wait to verse proxy and jayce, are they coming to this?

also pools, awesome lol. im gonna be seeded with good people cause I didn't come to the last one :(
About $400 or $500 I believe.

Muzga

Smash Ace
im in, and im bringing my sexy tv for elton
15 inches, just how he likes it;)
mmmmmmmmmm

and im gonna try and organise my wii+brawl, at the very least ill have a copy of brawl since its been necesarry last 2 tournaments

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Ric, is that return flight?

Also when is the SQUAT V tournament exactly? EDIT: Eh checked it out lol
I mean heck if there's time and I get a miracle job itd interest me lol

Richard7

Smash Ace
Ric, is that return flight?

Also when is the SQUAT V tournament exactly?
I mean heck if there's time and I get a miracle job itd interest me lol
Hrrrm. Well it'll vary from day to day, but right now a flight today from Perth to Brisbane and then coming back on the 20th is $275 (return). Wow thats cheap. :chuckle:

EDIT: I think I did it wrong. Worst case scenario its $550.

Vlade

Social Outcast
im in, and im bringing my sexy tv for elton
15 inches, just how he likes it;)
mmmmmmmmmm

and im gonna try and organise my wii+brawl, at the very least ill have a copy of brawl since its been necesarry last 2 tournaments
I laughed irl lol :D

Right now I am rather broke and my only source of income are the tournaments lol. My exams finish on the 27th, although I might not have an exam on that day so we'll have to see (I might be able to fly out a bit early). But if I have money, I'm most likely going (as long as my parents let me, which they probably would). Samuel better be coming because right now we're like the most underestimated state (Tasmania and NT don't exactly count :p). I'd say if we can get like 5 people coming including myself, we could have a solid crew if we train regularly until SQUAT (although it'd probably end up being inter-staters vs QLD crew).

Thank you very much to those that signed up, particularly those that are bringing setups :) I'm desperate for 8, so please try to make special efforts to bring whatever you can that would help me (and of course everyone else) out.

About this thread, I'd be happy to make an OP post, and then Mic could move it as the very first post of this thread (or Mic/Bob could do this like Jupz suggested). Just as long as Bringer doesn't have the OP anymore because it's really inconvenient with his inactivity >_>

I would prefer the finals to just be copied so we can just see the screen and only hear in-game noises, but I don't mind either way is good.
What do you mean by this? Do you mean to turn off the in-game music so that all you can hear are the sounds that the characters make and stuff?

Or are you talking about the fact that I replaced the audio with the last finals matches? I only did that because the audio was desynced and awful to listen to, I'll try not to let that happen this time XD.

Would you be able to bring a TV Jupz?

Vlade

Social Outcast
Oh and Jupz the top 8 will all be in different pools, you have to get 1st or 2nd in your pool to make it into the bracket.

Condog I would come to Rocky but I'm STILL in Japan when it's on :/

Maybe next year ^_^

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
I say if a bunch of Perth people are going to go to a tourney over east then we should go to the biggest one - Rocky. Its about 2 months away from now, October 10/11.

Jupz

Smash Master
Lolz I'm last :D

Also naw at having to beat a top 8 :(

Also I meant like just a normal match without the crowd but I've been thinking about it and the crowd noises would be kinda cool :D

Yeah I should be able to come, If im coming ill be bringing a tv wii and brawl.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I think there's still a good chance of you coming at least second in your pool though Jupz, which means you get to advance into the bracket.

Although coming first in your pool definitely has its advantages (you get a better bracket, in other words).

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I am tearing that list up!

As much as I'd love to travel to QLD for a tournament there is no way I'd be allowed, besides really got to save my money for my road trip.

If I get unlucky with pools and get like Sam and Alister I might cry.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Yeah as of now Im currently 13th best at Brawl in WA lol..Watch me lose in the pool rounds this one ^_^
Oh and dammit Vlade put me down for a wii/brawl as well :p

Vlade

Social Outcast
Who's up for commentary of the grand finals?

Or should we just have no commentary?

If we want commentary, someone needs to bring a good quality microphone that plugs into the microphone port of a computer. It must also be easy for at least 2 people to speak into it.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I would say Im up for commentary but Im kinda unintelligible at times so you know, might skip there.

IMO put in Trav though, he actually was pretty good when we were discussing last time.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Hahah we have enough interest we could do like Bob/Trav + a guest for each round.

Oh and Vlade warning if you win theres a good chance Im gonna jump on your back to celebrate for you haha

Alzi

Smash Master

Been sick all of yesterday and still am so been home in bed all day these 2 days. I like the idea of the seadings.

Bob + Trav for commentary and Muzga can throw in some lines to make it even more lol.

Next tourney i plan to come 4th. 4th place is like my first place. I know i can never come 1st, 2nd or 3rd but i know that my best i can do is come 4th.

I would like to ditto everyone aswell. So ditto everyone and who they main.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Next tourney i plan to come 4th. 4th place is like my first place. I know i can never come 1st, 2nd or 3rd but i know that my best i can do is come 4th.
You should try not to keep thinking like this, you're just predicting what's going to happen... and if you predict like this it WILL happen.

I used to think that I wouldn't ever beat Samuel in a match, but I kept on practising and studying smash to overcome the level that I was at because the achievement of beating perth's best player meant a lot to me (for whatever reason). Right now I'm aiming to win a tournament for the first time ever, and I keep working to achieve that goal.

You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go. Dream big, live big. You never know what will happen ;)

EDIT:

DDD's infinites legal or banned? What do you guys say?

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
I can just smell another debate coming on. I rkn banned like last time. That seemed to work.

I wouldnt mind doing some commentary myself btw.

Muzga

Smash Ace
i think we shouldnt ban anything. IF we ban stuff purely on the basis that we as players cant get around it, how can we say we compare to other states and countries who persevere and deal with these tactics in their metagames?
In order for us to improve as players i think we have to allow infinites

Vlade

Social Outcast
I agree to Muzga's perspective

I'll wait for some more points to be brought forward while I'm at rehearsal to make my final decision.

Corneria is BANNED because that's what the SBR recommends (plus it's too dominated by diddy, DDD, Meta, anyone with a wall infinite).

There will be doubles, check the schedule

Alzi

Smash Master
Oh yeah forgot about that time when Corneria got banned.

So is Yoshi island melee and green greens a definate counterpick for the tourney?

Alzi

Smash Master
Is the infinites with D3 were he grabs a heavy character and stands in one spot and keeps chain grabbing them?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
(Butts into another scene again)

Personally I'm not too eh about whether it's banned or not, it -barely- effects the game.
Donkey Kong gets cg'd to death by Wario and Falco already (and every other character isn't really viable anyway)

Banning the small step CG as well makes one grab from dedede against DK have less impact though; and Bowser... (Warios and Wolfs aren't easy to do)...

But yeah, banning the infinites have little impact.

Top Bottom