• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Vote here to keep Brawl for the 2011 circuit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Hmmmmmmm...
AHAHA epic win

Somethings making you throw out words without putting them together before you say them.Copying words from older posts and reusing them in the context they were used is not putting words in your mouth.Right, because sarcasm is meant to be taken seriously.Understanding your logic makes my brain hurt...Because moving a piece from point a to point b requires tech skill...

Mind games=\=Tech skill
tommy bringin them ****in mindgames

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Just handed out multiple infractions for trolling/major spam/minor spam/inappropriate content/etc. Tried not to infract anyone twice though but frankly there is enough here to ban like 5 users.

Clear it up. You guys are making both the Melee and the Brawl community (the Smash community) look trashy based on posts in this thread.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
That had better be the hugest coincidence ever......

If not I took Tommy's intelligence for granted.
About 99% of what I said wasn't serious. I don't care about Melee as I don't really play it, but I don't like when people talk down about another game simply because they don't like it. I only like to talk down Melee when I see Brawl being put down by Melee players. I don't mean to call you out as a Brawl hater, it's just that you took the bait (as well as a few others in the thread) a bit faster and harder then others.

No, it wasn't a coincidence.

Those assumptions were indeed made up on the spot and I tried to fit them with what you said to seem as if I had a basis for creating them.

I don't think you're stupid. I don't think you don't know what you're talking about.

It was a good run. I don't hate you, or anyone else in this thread. I wouldn't be surprised if you're not too fond of me. It's expected :D

What I'd really like to see is Brawl, Melee, and Smash 64 all having a Smash Major League Circuit apart from MLG. Something that brings all of the games together.

Popeye's sponsored CEO in SFL. We might be on our way to something like that if we can get more sponsors. :D

fragbait

Smash Master
Just handed out multiple infractions for trolling/major spam/minor spam/inappropriate content/etc. Tried not to infract anyone twice though but frankly there is enough here to ban like 5 users.

Clear it up. You guys are making both the Melee and the Brawl community (the Smash community) look trashy based on posts in this thread.
Can you just, like, lock the thread? It's not even relevant anymore, much less on topic.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
About 99% of what I said wasn't serious. I don't care about Melee as I don't really play it, but I don't like when people talk down about another game simply because they don't like it. I only like to talk down Melee when I see Brawl being put down by Melee players. I don't mean to call you out as a Brawl hater, it's just that you took the bait (as well as a few others in the thread) a bit faster and harder then others.

No, it wasn't a coincidence.

Those assumptions were indeed made up on the spot and I tried to fit them with what you said to seem as if I had a basis for creating them.

I don't think you're stupid. I don't think you don't know what you're talking about.

It was a good run. I don't hate you, or anyone else in this thread. I wouldn't be surprised if you're not too fond of me. It's expected :D

What I'd really like to see is Brawl, Melee, and Smash 64 all having a Smash Major League Circuit apart from MLG. Something that brings all of the games together.

Popeye's sponsored CEO in SFL. We might be on our way to something like that if we can get more sponsors. :D
Jesus thank god for that!

At least you're an honest man.

I appreciate that greatly.

I don't hate brawl, but like....

After living a life a rock and roll life of taking drugs, driving fast cars and sleeping with lots of people, It gonna be hard settling down, starting a family and driving an SUV around instead.

It's mainly the difference in the pace that gets me.

Djent

Smash Champion
^ Well that's one way to ask for a lock. :awesome:

Here's another: will a mod *glares at Red Ryu* please lock this? There's really no point for it to be open any longer. :cool:

Pikaville

I think locking "MLG" threads is probably for admins and senator only.

Plus I think it should stay open so people have a place to talk it out.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Jesus thank god for that!

At least you're an honest man.

I appreciate that greatly.

I don't hate brawl, but like....

After living a life a rock and roll life of taking drugs, driving fast cars and sleeping with lots of people, It gonna be hard settling down, starting a family and driving an SUV around instead.

It's mainly the difference in the pace that gets me.
I think its just the feeling of limitations that keep each of the Brawl and Melee communities from liking each others games. I feel limited in what I can/can't do in Melee every time I play it and I'm going to guess that's how Melee players feel when they play Brawl due to how different everything is.

But that's just this one player's guess.

Pikaville

Yeah, not having a wavedash drives me nuts.

It's such a handy move to close/make distance and bait attacks.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Yeah, not having a wavedash drives me nuts.

It's such a handy move to close/make distance and bait attacks.
or dash dancing, L canceling, fast jumps, and no lag ledges.

Having nearly no options off the stage irritate the hell out of me. Brawl isn't "get on the stage free" game but it's certainly much easier than Melee.

The games are too different to be thought of the same.

That said, there are still some underlying parts of the games that both share. It's why Melee players were better than new Brawl players when Brawl came out.

[Collapse=Slickback: There were some grammatical errors and wrong word choices, but it wasn't a run-on sentance.]
You've worked on carefully rewording what you said after you were done so you could avoid infractions better while sending the same messages you sent before the results ended badly.

Prepositional phrases: Green; bolded unnecessary words in the phrase

You've worked on carefully rewording what you said so you could avoid infractions better before the results ended badly.

Time clauses: Blue
You've worked on carefully rewording what you said so you could avoid infractions better before the results ended badly.

Just remember FANBOYS are your conjunctions: connecting words, phrases, or individual clauses with each other in a sentence. For, And, Nor, But, Or, Yet, So. Bolded

You've worked on carefully rewording what you said so you could avoid infractions better.
Adverbs: Red

You've worked on what you said so you could avoid infractions.
[/collapse]

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
Is this topic still going on? jesus

Brawl isnt coming back nor Melee.

Just drop it

Both Games has it's pluses people are gonna choose sides, just make your own path and play the game.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm not even going to pretend to know what you meant with that run-on sentence.
Still being yourself I see.

Using your wit to attempt to screw with people.

I have an idea for you, try posting something that isn't an insult. Though for you that may be asking too much.

^ Well that's one way to ask for a lock. :awesome:

Here's another: will a mod *glares at Red Ryu* please lock this? There's really no point for it to be open any longer. :cool:
Well...

I think locking "MLG" threads is probably for admins and senator only.

Plus I think it should stay open so people have a place to talk it out.
This, I can't lock this unless other people thinks this should be locked.

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
Don't lock this, all the trolling and game bashing is keeping me entertained. And I always like the game I'm currently playing more than the opposition, mainly because I'm kicking *** no matter the game lolz.

On topic: Can you still vote?

fragbait

Smash Master
Still being yourself I see.

Using your wit to attempt to screw with people.

I have an idea for you, try posting something that isn't an insult. Though for you that may be asking too much.

Well...

This, I can't lock this unless other people thinks this should be locked.
More than one person has asked for a lock, including me.
This entire subsection is pointless at this point. Good riddance I say.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yeah so if you want a lock keep asking about it, but as for me, I don't have the power to do it here.

If it was in Lucario, Brawl Link, or stage forums, then I could.

And yeah I was talking about others mods.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
brawl takes intelligence, and a little bit of tech skill

melee takes intelligence, and a lot of tech skill and knowledge of situations and combos matters a lot more, and controller matters a LOT more

they both take intelligence but melee is far far easier to get rusty at due to tech skill/controller issues

D

Deleted member

I bet it's hard for MLG to take the brawl community and its requests to keep brawl on its roster seriously when the community itself bashes their own game. Not that I blame them at all, brawl is atrocious even to bystanders. I really have no idea if/how MLG made any money off of this game for the 2010 circuit.

This isn't a blanket statement to suggest that everyone on smashboards hates brawl, but really what percentage of the community population has to hate on it before the primary competitive sponsor drops it? I'm pretty sure this site is well past that threshold value.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
To be fair Umbreon, people can act completely different when they can hide behind a computer screen and the majority of them do so.

The majority of people asking Brawl questions not in the community at MLG were answered relatively quickly and nicely.

MLG makes money off of attendance. More attendance=more attention to sponsors=more sponsors paying more money. Brawl originally had a 128 cap increased to 256 for every MLG. Not able to stream hurt their ability to grab attention for the sponsors, so they dropped Brawl.

I'd also wish people would just go to more tournaments. Not even to enter. Just to go. Most people think they need to get to a new level of achievement before they can even consider their face in a tournament, which is completely not true.

*agrees with M2K* 64 through Brawl are all good in their own ways.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I bet it's hard for MLG to take the brawl community and its requests to keep brawl on its roster seriously when the community itself bashes their own game. Not that I blame them at all, brawl is atrocious even to bystanders. I really have no idea if/how MLG made any money off of this game for the 2010 circuit.

This isn't a blanket statement to suggest that everyone on smashboards hates brawl, but really what percentage of the community population has to hate on it before the primary competitive sponsor drops it? I'm pretty sure this site is well past that threshold value.
I'd love to see what your using as sources for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom