• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Volt Tackle Videos: Replay Archive + Critique Thread

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Grabbing glide attack is pretty difficult to do. Most of the time you're gonna be out of range so you gotta either power shield it or hope they glide attack right in your face. Even then MK may have frame advantage after the glide attack so he can UpB or spotdodge if he feels the grab coming.

Roller

Smash Legend
<3 This thread.

Dubs, ask me for advice vs ICs next time you're in the xat. You honestly didn't play that horribly though. All my laziness will permit me to say right now is work on mashing. Either use prime's method, or pp's. Because he was not buffering his dthrows or anything. You could have gotten out of a lot of those grabs. Also, don't bair vs them EVEREVEREVER unless you are offstage and wont be landing helplessly on the ground.

Dublio

Smash Ace
Sure thing Roller, next time you log onto the chat, I shall bug you. I was hoping to see you for advice about ICs anyway, since you main them. Your critique on the last Ice climber vs Pika vid about 500 posts ago was marvelous. I'm going to have to find out how to mash correctly because I have no idea how. :D

Anyhoo, having only 1 replay seemed kinda small, so I shall add three replays to them. It seems as I don't really know how to fight Metaknight or Rob. The matchup threads are rather outdated, and Metaknight is always a force to be reckoned with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgq-Gq3mxQ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my2KaGuQ5rk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQYIEUdhe54

Rizk18

Smash Lord
you just went up ten thousand points in my book idgaf what anyone else says
Haha thanks Stealth(: My sister watches it so that's the reason why I said it xD

eh, i think you're still salty over brick talking about you but whatever bro! forever video thread
I'm really not. I just dislike him very much. He's just not as good as he says he is. You should've seen him on ladder, not just against me, but everybody! All he does is get mad and john about other players being better than him. If you don't believe me, type in Rizk vs Brick on Youtube and watch all 3 videos.

Now that I've said my part, we can have peace again:)

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
Lol@people trolling me. Can't wait to give them all the **** irl ;)

Also, I'll have vids up against t0mmy I want to be critiqued.

I was close to beating him =\

game 4 2nd set grand finals (came from losers).

Dnyce

Smash Master
Lol@people trolling me. Can't wait to give them all the **** irl ;)

Also, I'll have vids up against t0mmy I want to be critiqued.

I was close to beating him =\

game 4 2nd set grand finals (came from losers).
Last time I played t0mmy I 3-stocked him.

And that's an unwinable MU for Olimar :awesome:

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Hey, so...

Vs Nike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFTiCBPZ5_o&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnJ29vSunuw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3J_TC8JCgs&feature=related

I can tell you right now, don't even bother with game 3. I pissed myself off so bad just re watching it tonight. Then lost motivation after that first stock, I didn't really care much after that.

If it wasn't being streamed, I might have ragequit for the first time in my life in a tournament set.

But if anyone could watch them, it would be cool. Especially tell me wtf happened on Smashville, other than it being a good Marth stage, apparently.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
there were a few times where if you just edgehogged he would have been dead. you could have also forced marth to land on stage with his up b and punish it.

you also tend to DJ immediately whenever you get hit off stage. you didn't seem to get punished too much for it in this tho. it's nice to save your DJ instead of blowing it on a full hop tjolt. i guess it wasn't really a bad thing tho.

when you're trying come back down on stage marth would punish your airdodges, mix it up with qac

you had some very nicely placed fsmashes.

this is pretty much all based off match 2 since match 1 you played really solid and won that anyway. pretty much everything i said you did in M1 but maybe you got nervous or just forgot some of the stuff you were doing right in M2.

Metatitan

Smash Master
You need to work on your reaction time. You're often just too slow to react to a situation appropriately (a lot of people are, which is why matchups like metaknight and marth are so difficult for a lot of people to learn).

Sometimes you just make the wrong decision, like on lylat after you took his first stock and he took yours because you Nair'd after Uair instead of airdodging. Your ledgeguards and some of your choices appear to be autopiloted, and during your autopilot it looks like you change your mind at the last minute.

While recovering it seems you often forget that there's a ledge and you try to just get back on stage. You need to avoid your opponent when recovering, you'll often just QA through them which is probably why you've been having trouble with shuttle loop (avoiding it is really difficult to learn, but it can be done!).

Your rolls also look like they're out of habit, not out of adaption to avoid attacks and punish. It can be difficult to distinguish but a good example of habit vs prediction/adaption would be when he hits your shield with the first part of side B and then you roll towards or away from him to attempt to alleviate the shield pressure (in which case he has enough time to easily read and punish you), vs rolling right as or slightly before he side b's because you predicted it and then punishing him in his lag.

That's all I got for now, I don't critique often so lemme know how I can improve in that category (since I'd like to increase my activity on this board).

Roller

Smash Legend
I love seeing posts from people I've never heard of saying they've 3-stocked me.
I love that SWF has this cool new feature that lets you change your name. It's only been around for a couple years, so people all the way out by you may not have figured it out yet.

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman

Last time I played t0mmy I 3-stocked him.

And that's an unwinable MU for Olimar :awesome:

Congrats on beating t0mmy when hes trying!

Talk to anyone who knows t0mmy (meaning everyone in the pnw basically) and ask about how he plays when he travels.

****ty. You beat a rob probably at about my level (my rob that is, its been played about 20 times in total?). If you hadn't had 3 stocked him I would have voted you for worst olimar ever.

Also, you 3 stocked him in a friendly lol.

T0mmy is known for his hardcore friendly matches that he always does. He tries SOO hard to impress random olimars from the ec.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Yeah, I've sandbagged. We all have. Mine is in the form of grocery bagging/sleeping bagging.
(also I was playing Sheik)

What's your john?

Metatitan

Smash Master
R.E.G.I.S. MK-5 => good Pika for a brand new one o.o. I'll let the critic to the others...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLs9DM8FNFk
Some bull**** to feed the thread!
I'm loving that texture, download link please?

You seem to throw out a lot of attacks that don't serve any purpose. Try focusing more on punishing him instead of trying to zone up with uairs that won't connect. Also when you have an opportunity to land the grab, do it! Don't up tilt Nair when you can f throw-> up smash (both good options but guaranteed % is always better).

Tagxy

Smash Lord
tbh for anyone that wants to make sure theyre critiqued, your best bet is to stop by the pikaxat some of the pikas are around.

Top Bottom