• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridian City 9 - This weekend! HYPE!

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
lol I'd sooner let people counterpick me there than Pictoshat tbqh
excuse me but it's the T.O's right to have a stagelist of what they want, just like it's the T.O's decision who to allow in low tiers, regardless of who's broken and not in the current list.

If you can't take criticism on your rules you shouldn't criticize others on theirs.

btw: still not entering low tiers till Mario is banned.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Pretty sure Inui doesn't give a ****, but Strife does, because he wants to do the best possible for everybody going, so he'll go with majority normally.

Also, Mario loses to Bowser, not a broken character in low tiers, thanks.

daisho

Smash Lord
Pretty sure Inui doesn't give a ****, but Strife does, because he wants to do the best possible for everybody going, so he'll go with majority normally.

Also, Mario loses to Bowser, not a broken character in low tiers, thanks.
Untrue... Almost everyone was against Inui on Ike in low tiers...

Inui just argues for whatever he feels is right.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Alex, leave Picto on. There's no sense in changing the rules right before the tourney. It's not fair to those who paid lots of money to travel to come to a tourney with rules they weren't expecting.

Secondly, I think Picto is a perfectly fine stage. I don't recall any problems for TX tourneys. Inui is just causing trouble cause he hates playing on stages he doesn't understand.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I want to but if kelvin doesnt go Cable gets ****** in teams. I want to make sure eveyrone has a great exp.

I never EVER had an issue with Picto but I do believe people are just gonna yell at me and tell me how wrong I am...to be honest...I am not strong enough right now to dela with it.

I wanna leave it on but I worry about others too much.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I have to end up keeping Picto on, yet I know what will happen. I want as many people to go to make sure you get your exp. I am just upset at the situation and I will just sleep it off. You are right though I just do not feel the confidence inside me to not care about others opinions. I feel like I am the only one that deals with this but others do not...though its probably not true.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Alex, leave Picto on. There's no sense in changing the rules right before the tourney. It's not fair to those who paid lots of money to travel to come to a tourney with rules they weren't expecting.

Secondly, I think Picto is a perfectly fine stage. I don't recall any problems for TX tourneys. Inui is just causing trouble cause he hates playing on stages he doesn't understand.
Randomly getting killed at 0 from a line, or random transformations that can give you **** damage, doesn't really equal fine, then again I'm against most gay stages.

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
Randomly getting killed at 0 from a line, or random transformations that can give you **** damage, doesn't really equal fine, then again I'm against most gay stages.
From exp. playing on picto, the most damage I've ever gotten was from the missile. I've also NEVER seen a transformation form and auto kill someone, but someone utilizing the stage's transformation and acting accordingly, such as throwing into the Pirahna(dont know how to spell it) Plant for extra damage, however it turns into both players trying to do it on one another. But sometimes a player would ignore it and see someone get grab happy trying to throw someone in to it.

Then again what do I know, I'm just a scrub who can't get better than last.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
If you can't take criticism on your rules you shouldn't criticize others on theirs.
My rules in terms of stages and other things are perfect and never criticized, so what are you talking about?

btw: still not entering low tiers till Mario is banned.
I'll just give every Mario the **** and laugh at you.

omg you are a SUPER scrub sometimes despite being good

"waaah my character is ***** by MK even though top GaWs have been doing fine against top MKs that know the match-up"

and now you're fine with a crappy stage

guess what? low tier grand finals at that HOBO I MMed Dekar for $50, the set was decided by the line appearing and killing Lee Martin

a hype close set/match was decided by that ****ing line

that was the final straw for me with that horrible stage

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
guess what? low tier grand finals at that HOBO I MMed Dekar for $50, the set was decided by the line appearing and killing Lee Martin

Games have been won because Rainbow cruise decided to disapear at the end after getting hit, recovering to one, about to land to jump up, only to have it disappear and kill you. Also in...shadow vs someone (I think anti? It was at bum;s tournament) someone had a GREAT kill on shadow, to only have the top part of rainbow smash him back down onto the platform, and shadow ALMOST went Start-L-R-A-Start, but when he did he saw his model not dead), then proceeded to win off of a stages bad disapearing mechanic

In my opinion, if rainbow is on, picto should be. if rainbow is banned, picto is banned.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Inui if you really hate the stage list don't support the tourney, simple as that. Alex Strife has his choice to have pictochat or not. Don't crucify him for doing so.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
^This and I also think that you guys need to stop trying to take advantage. You all go to MLG and know their ruleset sucks but you go because it's a) the money b) the experience and put up with it. You guys complain about the ruleset here (for one stage?) because you know Alex will try to accommodate you. Why? His decisions are his decisions, let it be whether you agree or not with it.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
^This and I also think that you guys need to stop trying to take advantage. You all go to MLG and know their ruleset sucks but you go because it's a) the money b) the experience and put up with it. You guys complain about the ruleset here (for one stage?) because you know Alex will try to accommodate you. Why? His decisions are his decisions, say your peace and let it be whether you agree or not with it.

FFFFFFFFFF double post jfdkajfkdjaflkdsja eff you smashboards.

LMAO now you're all blinded by my font color ;D

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
LMAO! Ramona is just awesome, that's why :bee: though I'm alternating between Kim and Ramona anyway cause I love both of em'

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
"waaah my character is ***** by MK even though top GaWs have been doing fine against top MKs that know the match-up"
You have no idea what you're talking about. Until recently there have been no other G&Ws near my skill level (no offense, <3 you guys). So you telling me I'm playing the matchup wrong? Have you ever considered that the MKs down here know the matchup so much better than any MKs elsewhere?

"guess what? low tier grand finals at that HOBO I MMed Dekar for $50, the set was decided by the line appearing and killing Lee Martin

This was finals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLBBIdqEbxk#t=1m45s

So was this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL8G5oOru9k#t=1m26s

And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSACM3QcHPw#t=3m (ok not really but w/e)

Being in the wrong place at the wrong time = stage rafe. This applies to more stages than just pictochat, so please stop tunneling on it. Just cause you don't have any working knowledge of how to stay away from stage hazards on pictochat doesn't mean it should be banned.

Pictochat is not that "random." You ALWAYS know when a new stage transformation is going to happen before it happens. You just don't know which one. So prepare by staying around from the left ledge until that darn line is drawn. That's one step to getting better on the stage.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration

Games have been won because Rainbow cruise decided to disapear at the end after getting hit, recovering to one, about to land to jump up, only to have it disappear and kill you. Also in...shadow vs someone (I think anti? It was at bum;s tournament) someone had a GREAT kill on shadow, to only have the top part of rainbow smash him back down onto the platform, and shadow ALMOST went Start-L-R-A-Start, but when he did he saw his model not dead), then proceeded to win off of a stages bad disapearing mechanic

In my opinion, if rainbow is on, picto should be. if rainbow is banned, picto is banned.
^^^^This

Delphino: Has multiple walkoffs and many parts where sharking can be done. Most Delphino transformations induce heavy camping. Also the water is just plain stupid. Once a character lands one spike on you while you're in the water, you can easily be 0 to deathed.

Frigate: Can also 0 to death you when the stage flips. Can also flip to have you end up under the stage after flipping. Certain parts of the stage has no ledges 0_o The stage goes alot on relying on hearing the sound of the stage which isn't always possibly at a smash tourney with 10 tvs, 100 smashers, etc around.

Pokemon Stadium: The ledges have killed many a smasher due to them being some of the worse ledges in the game. Excessive camping on transformations of the stage. The windmill is litterally directly comparable to the line on Pictochat but the windmill moves making it worse imo. Multiple parts for DDD infinites and even other possible 50+ damage combos. The part with the tree can also be compared to Pictochat's line but is worse to me since its closer to the ledge, has barely any space, and PS's ledges are garbage.

I'll stop here for now, but that example you gave Inui didn't prove much in terms of the stage being dumb compared to some of the already silly stages that you think are fine for Brawl.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Leave picto, its your event, its an MLG stage and its kinda too late to change **** now nahhhh meannnn~!

People should voice their concerns sooner, not the week of, fo realz.

------------

on another note, Zac got bumped down to Mod so Chibo could take his rise to power? Oh my

iRJi

Smash Champion
NOBODY THINKS OF THAT OR CAN FEASIBLY DO IT IN THE MIDDLE OF A MATCH, ESPECIALLY IN DOUBLES

PICTOSHAT IS TERRIBLE

god dammit guys...
Kiet is right though, it is the same as basic stage control. Instead of holding the middle on most stages, you hold the far left. There are spots on the far left where if you stand you 100% can't get hit with any stage hazard that pops up.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Don't worry Alex it's your stage list. Keep it the way it is. Most people are on your side.

BTW, I might not be able to come. I've been having car troubles. Hopefully I can get them fixed before Friday

iRJi

Smash Champion
On my stage list I took off brinstar for picto. In that situation, if you fear picto, you can just ban it and have a normal stage list that does not hinder your character as much. In metaknights case, banning picto leaves almost every stage he is good on open except FD, and even FD isn't that bad for him, just depends on the MU. I feel that Picto should be used in any tournament, however I think it should replace an existing stage instead of Picto being just an addition.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Leave picto, its your event, its an MLG stage and its kinda too late to change **** now nahhhh meannnn~!

People should voice their concerns sooner, not the week of, fo realz.

------------

on another note, Zac got bumped down to Mod so Chibo could take his rise to power? Oh my
This
Don't worry Alex it's your stage list. Keep it the way it is. Most people are on your side.

BTW, I might not be able to come. I've been having car troubles. Hopefully I can get them fixed before Friday
This too

Inui shows weakness! Quickly! Let us rise as one and slay him!!!

He uses white MK rather then green though. He claims white power is the best power too ;_;.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ3pY9gZZCQ&feature=related#t=3m54s

It was Anti vs Atomsk and Anti saw his character not dead but immediately lost the match regardless. Stop lying unless you'll give me proof that what you're talking about is something else?

^This and I also think that you guys need to stop trying to take advantage. You all go to MLG and know their ruleset sucks but you go because it's a) the money b) the experience and put up with it. You guys complain about the ruleset here (for one stage?) because you know Alex will try to accommodate you. Why? His decisions are his decisions, let it be whether you agree or not with it.
I actually agree with this except that the difference between MLG and Alex's events is that MLG won't listen to us no matter what we say for rules. Alex caters to the community for a more enjoyable tourney and environment. Has viridian city ever had stage problems with random stuff happening? No. At MLG sunday, me and Snakeee won a doubles set off random luck against Vinnie and PD because of their bull**** stages. I certainly hope VC doesn't take that route.

so yeah Alex you should leave Pictochat on. I mean it is your decision in the end. People who don't wanna support it won't support it. In this case, mostly everyone in this thread is supporting Pictochat so there ya go. Majority wins (even though some of their logic is god awful) If I or anyone else misses out on a good experience and tourney, too bad for me or them. That simple.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Shippo stop posting because nothing you said was smart. RC isn't random. Plain and simple.

If someone wants to take me to Pictoshat, I'll agree to literally any banned stage in the game instead. Just letting everyone know.

Top Bottom