• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridian City 9 - This weekend! HYPE!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Reminder how to get there

Conveniently located in north-central New Jersey, the Hamilton Park Hotel & Conference Center is only 22 minutes from Newark Liberty International Airport, and 45 minutes from New York City. This hotel in NJ is also located near Morristown Hospital and is easily accessible from all parts of the tri-state area. Hamilton Park Hotel & Conference Center is conveniently located minutes from Routes 287, 78, and 80. We provide complimentary transportation to the Convent Station train station just minutes away.

From Newark Airport:
Follow signs to I-78 West. Take I-78 West for approximately 9 miles to NJ 24 West. Follow directions from NJ 24 West below.

From NJ 24 West:
Follow NJ 24 West to exit 2-A for Morristown Rt. 510 West (Columbia Turnpike). Make a left at the first light onto Park Avenue. At the fourth light make a right into Hamilton Park.

From I-287 North:
Follow I-287 South to Exit 37 (24 East, Springfield). Take exit 2-A for Morristown/Rt. 510 West. At the first light make a left onto Park Avenue. At the fourth light make a right into Hamilton Park.

From I-287 South:
Follow I-287 North to Exit 37 (24 East, Springfield). Take exit 2-A for Morristown/Rt. 510 West. At the first light make a left onto Park Avenue. At the fourth light make a right into Hamilton Park.

From NJ Turnpike (Exit 14):
Follow signs to I-78 West. Take I-78 West for approximately 9 miles to NJ 24 West. Follow directions from 24 West.

From Garden State Parkway South:
Take Garden State Parkway South to exit 142. Follow signs for I-78 West. Take I-78 West to NJ 24 West. Follow directions from 24 West.

From Garden State Parkway North:
Take Garden State Parkway North to exit 142. Follow signs for I-78 West. Take I-78 West to NJ 24 West. Follow directions from 24 West.

From George Washington Bridge:
Take George Washington Bridge to 80 West to exit 43 and I-287 South (Morristown). Follow directions from I-287 North to South.

From Tappan Zee Bridge:
Take NY Thruway (I-87) North to Garden State Parkway South to I-80 West to I-287 South. Follow directions from I-287 North to South.

From New York City:
From Holland Tunnel take NJ Turnpike (I-95) South to I-78 West (exit 14). Take I-78 West to NJ 24 West. Follow directions from 24 West. From Lincoln Tunnel take NJ Turnpike (I-95) South to I-78 West (exit 14). Take I-78 West to NJ 24 West. Follow directions from 24 West.

From Staten Island:
Take I-278 West to NJ Turnpike (I-95) North to I-78 West (exit 14). Take I-78 West to NJ 24 West. Follow directions from 24 West.

From LaGuardia Airport:
Take Major Deegan Expressway to George Washington Bridge. From Bridge to I-80 West to I-287 South. Follow directions for I-287 North to South.

From Kennedy Airport:
Take Belt Parkway to Brooklyn to Verrazano Bridge to Staten Island to Goethals Bridge to NJ Turnpike (I-95) North to I-78 West (exit 14). Take I-78 West to NJ 24 West. Follow directions from 24 West.

From Philadelphia:
Take NJ Turnpike North to exit 10 for I-287 North. Follow directions for I-287 South to North.

FOR PUBLIC TRANSIT TAKE THE TRAIN TO CONVENT STATION IN MORRISTOWN

WE WILL BE IN THE PAVILION IN THE BACK

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Well how is the town in general? Is it heavy city with only paid street parking or more suburban. Like I said, I'm not familiar with the area.

Ugh nvm. I can't even make this. I'll be at the next one

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Jan 29th is the new date. Same Venue but inside the hotel. Will get prices on hotel ASAP. GET HYPED.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
new goal

Hey guys,

I have been wondering what else I can do to make this tournament experience amazing so I am going to be making a few goals

- Increase attendance : to ensure we get this I will make this promise to you. If we hit over 128 players we WILL do Pools. To make sure this runs well I ask that all of you to BRING SETUPS. WE WANT TO RUN THIS QUICK SO PLEASE BRING AS MANY TELEVISIONS AS POSSIBLE.

OUR GOAL FOR TELEVISIONS IS 20...thats TWENTY!!!

- Amazing Livestream : Ever watch a SSF4 livestream? Well guess what? I know how to do it so we will be streaming it. Our own DMBRANDON will be doing some commentary with Coney, Doom, and TKO so please if you cannot be here ( which you should ) DO not miss the stream!

- Food : We will be working with the venue to provide more food for everyone. I will be talking with VG Bootcamp to see if they can be a vendor so that we do not have to leave the venue. Imagine Food + Hotel + Amazing space!!!!

- OOS! : We are going to have a HUGE OOS turnout. The only reason I say this is because this is a Pound 5 warm-up for smashers and we demand one big event before we do something.

Here is my goal of OOS ( I will update with a strikeout to mean they are coming:

1. - Nerd
  2. - Felix
  3. - Rich Brown
  4. - San
  5. - Mike Haze
  6. - Havok
  7. - Seibrik
  8. - DEHF
  9. - Tryant
  10. - Ultimate Razer
  11. - Gnes
  12. - UTD Zac
  13. - Lain
  14. - Shugo
  15. - TKD ( WILL DO A FUND FOR HIM IF PEOPLE WANT IT THAT BAD )
  16. - Hunger
  17. - Fatal
  18. - Ally
  19. - Lee Martin
  20. - Esam
  21. - Nick Riddle
  22. - SwordGuard
  23. - Praxis
  24. - TO Koe
  25. - Co18
  26. - Big LOU
  27. - Valdens
  28. - Tearbear
  29. - AlphaZealot
  30. - Darc
  31. - Dazwa

Side Event :

We will officially add SSF4 to the event. It will be ran by D1 and our goal is the same as for Brawl to get a lot of people and to make it big!

Lets do this guys lets make this amazing!

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Can you PLEASE get a venue that whenever im hungryy i can walk out and get something.

And NOT have to depend on KoTc calling the pizza man.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I want to come to this >.> this is a brawl tournament right?

Shakugan, maybe im a lion
Wow, from deep o.o . I remember you posting a lot a bit before brawl was out cuz we both played Peach in Melee.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure I'll be there. And yeah, my little brother wants to go too apparently :D

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Wait just a second.

Before I start donating money to anyone, even if it is my most anticipated player, I want to see some kind of gameplan.

TKD has an account on these forums. I want to see him at least post that he's interested in coming to this. Then I want to see how much money we need to raise, and a plan to get him here, house him, enter him, get him to and from the venue, and get him home.

Then, I'm sure other people, including myself, will feel a lot more secure throwing down money.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Yeah TKD never posts and you hype him up LOL.

Who wants to team.

I'll go to this depending on location.

Top Bottom