• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridian City 9 - This weekend! HYPE!

TKD

Smash Lord
I just heard about this fund from the T.O., and am flattered that it's going on. The goal is $300. I don't want to disclose the reason for that number, but I plan to donate some money to the East Coast SSBB community if I win cash prizes (I'll only keep whatever I win -beyond- the raised cash funds for myself if I do).

By the way, expect great information from me that'll change everyone's game play (published in two languages to boot). I'm not afraid to share...but I'll rarely do it on command, so be considerate.

Thank you!

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
*sighs dreamily*

TKD posted in a thread I posted in, on the same page.

*faints*

Seriously though, I will match this project dollar for dollar. For every dollar donated by the community to fly TKD here, I will donate a dollar of my own money. That means that if you all raise just $150 dollars of the $300 dollars TKD has requested, I will personally give $150 of my own dollars out of pocket.

I would actually be willing to pay the $300 straight up, except that ADHD, Anti, and Nairo have a reasonable chance of victory, enough that I would be taking a huge gamble to fly you out on the premise that I would be getting my money back after you win the tournament. I might be able to work out a deal with them though, I'll talk to them.

Speaking of which, Nairo and ADHD, I owe you $11 and $20 respectively. I have your money, and will be giving it to you the next time I see you (I had the money before, just not in cash)

Also, CO! What's good madu? I'm hyped to hear you're thinking of coming. Make it happen.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
CoCo18 come thro, make sure you're in practice for your next EC trip tho man'g

TKD donation? I'm living on food stamps, posting this from a public library and I just killed someone cuz lol black people but I'll still throw down like 5 or so, no johns.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
CoCo18 come thro, make sure you're in practice for your next EC trip tho man'g

TKD donation? I'm living on food stamps, posting this from a public library and I just killed someone cuz lol black people but I'll still throw down like 5 or so, no johns.
5/150

3.3%!

I'll donate 20-30$ for TKD.

Pierce, why would you put that much money down, I know you want him here, but that's just a bit much imo.
20 or 30$? Since I'm matching your dollars, I'd appreciate knowing the correct amount.

However, that totals to 25-35/150
Total of 19.9-23.3%!

That's 1/5th of the money already! We're off to a good start! Step it up everyone!

I'm a big fan. That is why, lol.

Also, he'll be obligated to play me in loads of friendlies :)

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Hope you're joking. That game got boring for me sooo fast. If they didn't make Super I would have been stopped playing.

It actually took a little over a year to get boring honestly.
Nope, I really get a kick out of pace.

Brawl requires too much strain over too much time. Also meter makes the game interesting because the way the match gets played changes.

Brawl Falco is just laser camp > random blitz > Laser > random aggro > jab mixups. And in some match-ups we just avoid getting grabbed until we get hit twice. It's the same thing against every single character. (idc about exceptions and all that smelly stuff.)

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I'll donate 5-10 dollars.

Edit: I'll give the money to someone who has credit cards or whatever so they can transfer it through the accounts.
Are you going to donate 5, 10, or something in between. Since I'm keeping track, and matching your dollars, I'd like to know.

This means we're at 30-45/150 or 20-30%

Let's go. Everyone step up to the max amount that you've suggested + someone throw in 10 bucks, and we'll be a third of the way there.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Are you going to donate 5, 10, or something in between. Since I'm keeping track, and matching your dollars, I'd like to know.

This means we're at 30-45/150 or 20-30%

Let's go. Everyone step up to the max amount that you've suggested + someone throw in 10 bucks, and we'll be a third of the way there.
To be honest, it depends on what I have on me next time I see somebody I trust with the money who can make the donation. I'll probably know by Thursday.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
So? He said that he has his own personal reasons for asking for $300 which he will not take home from his winnings here if he gets them, and I'm putting up half of what everyone else puts up out of pocket. Also, if he doesn't make $300, I'll let everyone else get payed back first.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
1st - 45%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 12%
4th - 8%
5th - 5%
7th - 2.5

This payout = 105%. Unless you plan on paying that 5% out your pocket Mr. Strife :p

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
its been a year since I started hosting this. Lets celebrate and get the biggest VC event ever...we got a great hotel...SSF4...room venue and we will have food here by vg bootcamp get hyped lets do this and make it amazing!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
- Nerd - confirmed
- Felix - Nerd will talk to him
- Rich Brown - unless money issues happy confirmed
- San - gonna ask but should be confirmed
- Mike Haze - confirmed
- Havok - coming with TKD so yay
- Seibrik
- DEHF - spoke to him confirmed
- Tryant - moms bday
- Ultimate Razer
- Gnes
- UTD Zac
- Lain - confirmed
- Shugo - should be coming with lain confirmed
- TKD ( WILL DO A FUND FOR HIM IF PEOPLE WANT IT THAT BAD ) - confirmed money will be set soon
- Hunger - cannot reach him but will try soon
- Fatal - confirmed
- Ally - confirmed
- Lee Martin
- Esam - if he gets 1/2 at mlg i'll pay for his flight.
- Nick Riddle
- SwordGuard
- Praxis - confirmed
- TO joe - interested. should be coming.
- Co18 - confirmed
- Big LOU
- Valdens
- Tearbear
- AlphaZealot
- Darc
- Dazwa

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Aight..I'm in There

January will be the Return of TKbro...I think ima play my xbox for november and december...(need to save that money son!)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Aight..I'm in There

January will be the Return of TKbro...I think ima play my xbox for november and december...(need to save that money son!)
that means we'll be teaming

jk :awesome:

60-65 percent confirmed, depending on my job payment i can probably donate for tkd as well

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
- Nerd - confirmed
- Felix - Nerd will talk to him
- Rich Brown - unless money issues happy confirmed
- San - gonna ask but should be confirmed
- Havok - coming with TKD so yay
- DEHF - spoke to him confirmed
- Ultimate Razer - needs money but should be coming
- Gnes - said will go/ check but 80%
- UTD Zac
- Lain - confirmed
- Shugo - should be coming with lain confirmed
- TKD ( WILL DO A FUND FOR HIM IF PEOPLE WANT IT THAT BAD ) - confirmed money will be set soon
- Hunger - said he will try to go
- Fatal - confirmed
- Ally - confirmed
- Lee Martin
- SwordGuard
- Praxis - confirmed
- TO joe - interested. should be coming.
- Co18 - confirmed
- Big LOU - confirmed
- Valdens
- Tearbear
- AlphaZealot
- Darc
- Dazwa

more on that list inlcudes

espy - unless other issues arise should be coming
kadaj - confirmed
MW - teh future and others
YBM - trying to come

btw guys remember I am doing all within my power to do pools...if i get 120+ i'll do pools for singles

lets get hyped!

Top Bottom