• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Been a while since I made videos. Umm this just happened to be the first one I actually recorded that wasn't choppy. lol I am not the best film maker.. Give me a few days to get more up..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsUaGwHIWtU

dam Falco laser spam >_<

and actually now that I am watching it.. lots of mistakes were made lol.

D

Deleted member

Prides video should definately be up there. Good ****. Falco fell for some dumb stuff but still, very nice playing.
*nominates prides vid for hall of fame*

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Okay, looks like it's just going to be Scat and Pride. I'm going to have to nominate my own hall of fame videos then, because nobody is taking the initiative. And they'll probably be from the Bwett collection. >_>

bigman40

Smash Master
Sry. I don't get much time to watch vids. I only got a few time to watch them, and cause I'm a harsh rater, I don't really give nominations out (was never my thing).

But thx for the nomination guys and thank you Jile.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Sorry, I too vote for Bwett's video vs MK, and Scatz video. >_< lazy as hell to post I am lol

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I honestly haven't watched enough vids to decide so I guess I will vote for bwett (don't know which one) he usually has good vids

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Someone needs to the new Hall of Fame videos to replace the videos we have in the BEST videos of each char thread..

bigman40

Smash Master
lol my friend was trying to find a character that I'm not well knowledgable so he could counter me a little. He was pretty much sandbagging those matches since I wouldn't let up on him ;) Besides, I played Bowser, and liked him, too. I have nothing against them, but I won't hold back if ?I have to pound them to pieces.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Bowser is just a big, hairy, spiky Yoshi that breathes fire and wants to tear everything in the world to shreds. Nothing wrong with that.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
My feedback? I wanna play you and most other people here... :(

Well, I have to say that your approach to the match isn't what I would have done a lot of the time, but that's the beauty of Yoshi! So many different ways to go about things! :bee:

One thing I was a little surprised about was the fact that you weren't spacing more with ETSs against Ike in that first match. I know it's easy to Monday-morning-quarterback it from here, but I think you could have racked up some real damage that way, given how he was playing.

And of course, I say this once again as someone who has videos in which people think I was playing clumsier than I actually was (my Yoshi is good, but not photogenic), so you can certainly take that with a grain of salt.

But darn it, I wanna play more of you guys! :laugh:

Bwett

Smash Ace
Just to let you know orion, those matches on youtube aren't even close to representation of how you play. You might say that they make you look clumsier, but the fact of the matter is in those matches, you are doing some clumsy things. Whenever I played you, you had a completely different approach. In fact, it was pretty similar to most top-level Yoshi's except for a few major differences as most of us have.

Maybe you evolved after those videos or you played self-consciously because you were being recorded, but trust me, those vids are not representative of how you play. Whenever I played you, your skill was much greater and less unorthodox than you are suggesting :).

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Thank you so much, Bwett. That really, truly means a lot to me, especially coming from you. :bee:

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Some thoughts:

What really stuck out to me was the one egg throw that you used too soon at the end of match 1, after he grabbed you out of the DJ. This is more of a general thing, since in that specific situation (having already used two eggs), I don't think you could have gotten back anyway, but you definitely want to wait to use the egg throws until you have your momentum going back towards the stage.

I agree with Sir 0rion on the eggs. I thought that, for the most part, Ike did a good job at staying close enough to you to keep you from safely egging him, but I thought you had a few openings when he was far enough away (like 0:30 and 2:55 in match 1).

Is it possible to get the first hit of the jab, and follow that up with f-tilt/u-tilt? Or could he just jab you back first? I was trying to think of ways that beat Ike's jab, while getting him in the air, where you could hit him with uair, upsmash, etc. and pivot grab him if he came down with a dair (as you did a couple times).

re: missed dash grab at the end. Is it just me, or does Yoshi's dash grab have the complete opposite range from his Melee dash grab? I feel like in Melee, his dash grabs would only work if the opponent was in his face when the grab was initiated (like where the missed one in match 2 was initiated), whereas it would miss at any further distance (distances at which the Brawl dash grab works). I just remember having the impression that Yoshi's Melee dash grab had deceptively short range.

Sir 0rion: Do you realize that the Japanese in your sig makes no sense? I was amused to notice that it comes from just literally typing "nice boat" in Japanese, so I thought it might be intentional, but if you're actually going for "nice boat" in Japanese, it would be ナイスボート.

Top Bottom