• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

bigman40

Smash Master
Marth: up-B is invincible on frames 1-5 and hits on frame 5, side-B hits on frame 4
GW: up-B hits on frame 9, invincible on frames 9-13 (jab frame 4)
ROB: dsmash hits on frame 4 (dtilt and jab hit on frame 3)
MK: up-B hits on frame 8, invincible (when grounded) frames 5-8, dsmash frame 5, dtilt/ftilt/nair frame 3 (idk what you have planned, but uair does hit on frame 2)
Jigglypuff: down-B hits on frame 2, invincible frames 1-14

These were taken either from the respective character boards, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=203935, or http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202204

I couldn't find frame data for Snake's nades. Olimar has whistle super armor, but I couldn't find the frame data for that either. When you asked if MK had any faster moves, I wasn't sure if that also applied for the other characters, but I included dtilt/jab for ROB and jab for GW anyway (GW has other moves faster than up-B, but jab was the only one that's as fast as the other moves you asked for).
Sweet! Thx man! I didn't include the jabs cause I figured that they were the fastest in the first place. Those few moves just concerned me at the time because I thought that those might be able to stop it. And the reason why I'm not including MK's aerials is because of the amount of time it takes for him to jump. You have to add in that time to know how long it's really gonna take (they won't have enough time cause when we use this, we'll be right in their face).

So from looking at this, Marth and Jiggs can definitely stop this (stupid invincibility >___>), but for the others, it'll be hard to tell since I need to know the frame advantage we would have after using it. But if you ever find Snake's nades, that'll be important cause if his nades comes out too quickly, then he can stop us also.

Edit: BTW! Can Yoshi jab lock (like Falco's Laser lock)?

Bwett

Smash Ace
Man, I always hate it when people wait to unveil things. Every time, I always tend to be disappointed lol. Bigman, you should pm me the combo =P lol

EDIT: I'm gonna have a huge amount of vids coming pretty soon. I've been out of the game for 2 weeks so don't judge me! Also, here are some vids from low tier tourney. Sound is screwed up and me vs xyro on PS2 is in fast forward through part of it, but skip through it. Super awesome combo from me =P

Bwett vs Captain Falcon (Dojo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IvDd3_Hypw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zo5mI2p5h4

Bwett vs Samus (Xyro)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CoSD6kfY5I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fI7Qai-HS0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERwNGj_xwlE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3EOhxij2VM

bigman40

Smash Master
Man, I always hate it when people wait to unveil things. Every time, I always tend to be disappointed lol. Bigman, you should pm me the combo =P lol
Hopefully this one shouldn't disappoint you. I've been testing DI (computer DI is beast lol) and everything to see what happens and so far, it only seems like they can reduce it to a more minor number. And no I'm not PMing you to combo xD

EDIT: WTF! I only wanted to quote your text! Not your Vids! Hax! O_O

Dyz69

Smash Rookie
so you got a new move up your sleeve scatz? is it the one you showed me? i wont discuss here
until you formally introduce it to our fellow yoshi brothers, i will post my videos up here
soon i want to get this nice feed back our members provide us
this is gonan be great ^_^ cant wait for your vid scatz....also Roshi commented me
that you found another trick is it the same one? im gonna have to talk to him about it
i dont want to spoil anythng but he said it was called Flash Step
do you know anything about this?

Dyz69

Smash Rookie
yeah Roshi most likely is naming stuff again ¬_¬...oh well thanks for telling me then
lol and Furbs you may not be so far from the truth or maybe im just imagining
things XD

bigman40

Smash Master
Welp, bad news from doing some testing. Marth, Jiggz, and ROB can beat this if you stay too close to them =( On the small upside (can't really test much more atm), but for everyone else, you'll be able to get behind them (if they don't fall off the platform) and jab them from there. If you stay in front, sadly, you'll get grabbed, or hit from a jab that's probably quicker than 6 frames (I got beat by MK's Dsmash from in front but I can beat him from the back if he stays on the platform).

I'm just already annoyed so I'ma tell you guys what it was. On certain platforms, Yoshi can autocancel a full hopped Dair. With that, you would be able to to straight into Jabs and (hopefully) efficiently pressure them. I was thinking about what options were possible with this (Dair + Jabs, Dair + DownB for shield break, Dair + Ftilt, etc.), and I was hopefully gonna enjoy finally seeing a move that could possibly be abusable when characters were above you. I have not tested what would happen if the characters were to fall off the stage (currently testing now). So, just blame Sakurai for this shiz. Man...the more I try to find **** for this game, the more it pisses me off that it's mostly shut down from lack of shield stun.

Edit: If they are knocked off, you will have an opportunity to Nair them (after testing, they don't have enough time to counter). Also, it seems that if you space the landing, you will be able to clash with anything if they were to try and attack. I tested ROB's Dsmash to see if you would get beat and I've pinged it with the Jabs, beat it with a spaced Ftilt, and beat it with a Fsmash. So maybe not all is lost for this move.

Complete frame data will only tell us how "good" this move can be against characters. Until I get more frame data, I can't know for sure whether some characters can't beat this.

The stages this move completely autocancels is on Battlefield, Halberd (the second part), PKST1, Lylat (not the middle), Castle Siege (the second part), Norfair, and Frigate (the second part). The other platformed stages such as Delfino (slanted edges), Halberd (first part), and Castle Siege (first part) will need you to start from an higher spot and go in at an angle. The rest of them, you can't land on them at all, or else you'll get the full lag from the Dair.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
I think Yoshi can jab lock, but since "jab" is too short of a word for the search function to recognize, I couldn't find a thread listing all of them (though I'm sure one exists somewhere). Zelda has invincibility on her neutral-B, though idk when it kicks in.

Dayzin:

As others have said, throw more eggs/use ETS. Yoshi doesn't always have to approach. Pivot grabbing is quite also valuable. It's good for when opponents are coming back towards the ground at you, whether if it's because they're approaching through the air or if they're just coming back to the stage after being knocked into the air.

When you approached, you only really used dash attack and dash grab, which got predictable and was punished in places like 1:30 and 2:54 in match 1. Bair is a nice option as an approach since it hits multiple times, is easier to space, and has less lag.

You can cancel PK Thunder out with bair, jab, nair, and dair. I'm not sure about PK Freeze, but you could have avoided the one at 3:58 in the first match with a DJAD.

That dair to footstool in match 2 was sexy. I also liked the egg lay at 3:54 in the same match, where you pulled back in the air to bait his upsmash, and then ate him.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Yo, this is bwett on my friend's account. Bigman, i had a revelation that gives your idea a great situation. I told you earlier that it would be situational to find another character on the platform with us under him to do dair. Say you are facing MK on Battlefield. Catch him in a grab and he falls on the platform and then do it, he'll get wrecked so hard.

I haven't done much testing, but it looks sick! Follow that with down b and its over. I'm super excited lol

bigman40

Smash Master
Yo, this is bwett on my friend's account. Bigman, i had a revelation that gives your idea a great situation. I told you earlier that it would be situational to find another character on the platform with us under him to do dair. Say you are facing MK on Battlefield. Catch him in a grab and he falls on the platform and then do it, he'll get wrecked so hard.

I haven't done much testing, but it looks sick! Follow that with down b and its over. I'm super excited lol
Good luck with that. I can't test it on MK cause we have no MKs in GA (the ones who main him suck), and we certainly don't have any at my college. You should look up at my rant about how pissed I was when this wasn't going to be as good as I originally wanted it, but I'll still attempt to see what I can get from doing it normally though. It might be a decent option to mix in to my game when I need to pressure with something other than Uair or Usmash.

Master Roshi

Smash Cadet
its too late to apologize...
lol
got a new yoshi move. I call it: flash step
but i think it could need a little renaming, i will upload the video of it on youtube. Me and Dyz69 were testing it out, and it DOES have some priority, especially it being now the fastest ledge grab from stage (running off stage and grabbing the edge is included in my calculations).

Furbs

Smash Journeyman

he has enough time to shield, I've tried it before. when it comes to grab release and platforms i find that the best thing to do is use the egg lay when they land on it sense it can't be shielded, it actually works really well

Sharky

Smash Master
its too late to apologize...
lol
got a new yoshi move. I call it: flash step
but i think it could need a little renaming, i will upload the video of it on youtube. Me and Dyz69 were testing it out, and it DOES have some priority, especially it being now the fastest ledge grab from stage (running off stage and grabbing the edge is included in my calculations).
faster than just running off and fastfalling? Please tell, I'm curious.

And Scatz, thanks for making my favorite move even better XD

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
From the peanut gallery:

More fun with Yoshi's chain grab!

I just thought of a cool new thing to play around with for Yoshi's CG - a tag-team infinite! It's really situational (2-on-1), but it's pretty easy to set up with Yoshi' pivot grabs, and it's such a fun way to end a team battle in style! :laugh:

I've only tested this on a couple of characters (Lucas and Meta Knight), but in theory it should work against all normally CGable characters and it might actually work with a few non-CGable characters as well. I'll play around some more with this idea when I get settled in from my trip this weekend. But I think tag team Yoshis might have some fun playing catch!

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
From the peanut gallery:

More fun with Yoshi's chain grab!

I just thought of a cool new thing to play around with for Yoshi's CG - a tag-team infinite! It's really situational (2-on-1), but it's pretty easy to set up with Yoshi' pivot grabs, and it's such a fun way to end a team battle in style! :laugh:

I've only tested this on a couple of characters (Lucas and Meta Knight), but in theory it should work against all normally CGable characters and it might actually work with a few non-CGable characters as well. I'll play around some more with this idea when I get settled in from my trip this weekend. But I think tag team Yoshis might have some fun playing catch!
XD

If I team with any other Yoshis in the near future *coughCHACOcough* I will definitely have to keep this in mind, lol.

Chaco

Never Logs In
XD

If I team with any other Yoshis in the near future *coughCHACOcough* I will definitely have to keep this in mind, lol.
Also this could work with good spacing and just grab releasing facing each other. I smell dual Yoshis ****** a MK.

And very discreet Les.

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
I quit brawl but now i might have to pick it up again after watching these. brawl yoshi is buffed so much

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Master Roshi

Smash Cadet
............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\
crys into hand*

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero

Master Roshi

Smash Cadet
That video was....um......refreshing?!?! :confused:

JK. The first part was lulz
U DARE!!!
i challenge u to a yoshi yoshi ditto match! *points finger, and is breathing heavily*
then we shall see who is facepalmed! 4 mins later: NOOOOO! *facepalms self*
but seriously i challenge u, its the only way ill feel better, cause it takes my mind off of facepalms :chuckle:

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
U DARE!!!
i challenge u to a yoshi yoshi ditto match! *points finger, and is breathing heavily*
then we shall see who is facepalmed! 4 mins later: NOOOOO! *facepalms self*
but seriously i challenge u, its the only way ill feel better, cause it takes my mind off of facepalms :chuckle:
Normally, I would accept but some obstacles will not allow me to play at the moment (yes, I am pre-match johning)
1) It's 1 o'clock AM where I live, and I'm kinda tired :urg:
2) My Wii is not setup at this moment,

I'll probably be busy until Sunday night, hopefully we can play by then

I'm sorry if I can't help you right now. :(

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
im still going to give up on that tech, theres no point to it any more :(
okay i know im going to get owned on this too but errr <_< alright ill post it up, plz no facepalms, it makes me not want to play with yoshi :/ bad comments are okay, i at least want to see what everyone thinks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28pBrxRddS0&feature=channel_page
While the super double jump has been known for a few months, I've never seen it done the way you did it. That actually looks usable in some situations. Nice.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
For real though, it's good that you're trying to learn new stuff, and a lot of the stuff you are showing is great, but I'd check through some vids next time to make sure it hasn't been done already.

Master Roshi

Smash Cadet

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Um... that's not how you label the matches. It is supposed to be:

*Yoshi player's tag* vs. *opponent's character*:
*link*

Top Bottom