• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Here are my promised videos. These are all "IRL" fights with my crew which consists of a Fox main (Johr), Zelda/Sheik main (Matt), Dedede main (GUN) who's not shown here because with the rotation, we actually only played each other once and it was a pretty pathetic fight that I don't want to share, and a "top tier" main (Ninja). Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcyIuU-e-oU&feature=channel_page <== Ike vs. Yoshi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT-GiK0FVn0&feature=channel_page <== Fox vs. Yoshi (yes I know I screwed up in the very end; you don't have to tell me. I was expecting him to dash at me - he normally does - but he didn't and I paid the price as a result of it).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01lk82nBvEc&feature=channel_page <== Fox vs. Yoshi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRVHTK1skdY&feature=channel_page <== Fox vs. Yoshi (OMG IMMORTAL OWNED!!!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oelrBipbcDg&feature=channel_page <== Diddy vs. Yoshi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-9stGPu_iQ&feature=channel_page <== Diddy vs. Yoshi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plGDizkeN_Q&feature=channel_page <== Zelda/Sheik vs. Yoshi (Yes I know the Zelda player's not that great. He's semi-new to the game and he's learning fast but he's still not in the same league as the rest of my crew.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj-w6i1nlmw&feature=channel_page <== Fox vs. Yoshi

That does it for my Yoshi matches. All the other matches either have me playing a secondary character or it's my crew members' matches. Check 'em out if you get bored. I will post two of them on here though even though they're not Yoshi matches because they're amazing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edK4gqhFhrM&feature=channel_page <== Dedede vs. Fox (this has one of the greatest endings I've ever seen. I have a slightly better ending to a fight that I'll upload soonish but it's not on my Wii at the moment)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZAI4DOHFWk&feature=channel_page <== Dedede vs. MK (random top-tier fight thrown in. This has probably the best 1st life I've ever seen. I'm honored to play with these guys on a daily basis ^^)

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
CONGRATS TO YOSHssb FOR POSTING OUR 300TH VIDEO.
Whoots! I feel awesome. :)

Yeah, YD, the problem with the Diddy player is that he plays so many characters, that he doesn't have a single one that he's REALLY good with so all his characters are mediocre. The difficulty is that his reaction time is amazing and he's one of those people who if you do something to him, it won't work a second time because he remembers and adjusted. The fact that I got two spikes on him in the same way in the same match was REALLY unusual for him. Normally he'd never fall for the same thing twice so I'll assume he was playing badly that day.

Turinssbb

Smash Rookie
gosh darn it ive got to start ALL over with the combo video
sigh* oh well at least i know what music and stuff im using in it this time.
btw im master roshi, but im changing my name *i got tired of it, so im using my rlly old name*

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Roshi: I meant to reply to your videos sooner, but I hadn't been able to.

Any reason why you didn't chaingrab Ganon the first few times? You did do it once towards the end, so it's not like you don't know it exists. Also, try the grab release-->fair off the edge, although the footstool you got was pretty funny. Speaking of footstools, I would have recommended airdodging at 0:50 vs. Ganon; even though you were ultimately ok (since he used up-B) he could have footstooled you there. Those "yoshi footstool lolol" noobs do have a point, in that if Yoshi were to ever get footstooled during his double jump, he would be screwed.

I would avoid using down-B from the air, unless your opponent is also in the air and you're trying to get down before he does, or you're trying to grab the ledge. Even with the stars, it is punishable (1:14 vs. Ganon). I thought you could have spaced some of your bairs better; it seemed like there were several instances where you would miss with bair but land right in front of your opponent's face, so he could hit you. If you're not going to reach them (which is fine), try to stay outside of their range (like what YOSHssb was doing from 3:17-3:25 in his first video against Fox).

YOSHssb: Fwiw, I'll try to get something up about your videos tomorrow night.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Sounds good Silent. Yay one of my videos was referenced for teaching purposes! I've begun to decide that the down-tilt is better than the down-smash but I'm still trying to get out of the habit of hitting down on the C-stick after a dodge. The down-tilt does 10 as opposed to 14 damage, it has a lot less lag afterwards (which you can tell i get punished a LOT in my videos because I use the down-smash too much - force of habit from Melee still), and the range is greater so it's more likely to hit. So, if you're going to comment on down-smash spamming at any point, I already know and am working to fix it. Other than that, I'm all ears. I'd love to throw that Fox another trick/strategy or two.

EDIT: Whoots! No longer a smash n00b!

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Post it again, lol.

There has been high traffic volumes through here lately, a lot of new people. It's carnage, so I probably missed a lot...

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
No problem, Scarlet. I'm still planning on doing some more work on confirming characters with this one, so I'll keep it updated. So far, Lucas, Meta, and Falcon are absolutely confirmed for this.

Thanks again, man.

From the peanut gallery:

More fun with Yoshi's chain grab!

I just thought of a cool new thing to play around with for Yoshi's CG - a tag-team infinite! It's really situational (2-on-1), but it's pretty easy to set up with Yoshi' pivot grabs, and it's such a fun way to end a team battle in style! :laugh:

I've only tested this on a couple of characters (Lucas and Meta Knight), but in theory it should work against all normally CGable characters and it might actually work with a few non-CGable characters as well. I'll play around some more with this idea when I get settled in from my trip this weekend. But I think tag team Yoshis might have some fun playing catch!

Gindler

Smash Champion
All the new vids appear to be malformed or removed by user "/

Dude, you didn't add the infinite team chain grab to the first post... :(
Infinite team chain grab? Ohhhh, I've done that one before and it is indeed fun, just need another yoshi on my team =P

Dyz69

Smash Rookie
LOL i just noticed im the only whos video descriptions says

Vs MK, Vs Ike, Vs Ganon

yayz for being original in some sort of way XD
also i love the warm update you do Scarlet, good job ^_^

.Marik

is a social misfit
Wow, that video by YoshSSBB doing Intense Boss Battles with no damage was some amazing stuff.

Great job on it!

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Ok, YOSHssb:

I thought you were quite good.The grab out of Fox's recovering side-B followed by the spike was great. You had some other nice spikes in the other videos. I also like your dtilt oos idea, since I've noticed I use dsmash too much myself. As a general tip, air dodging after you get sent flying doesn't help you. To regain control sooner, do your fastest aerial (uair, in Yoshi's case) and fastfall.

Maybe you could try throwing some more eggs at Diddy to keep him from getting those bananas out. I'd also suggest working DJC egg lays in as an approach. I think it would have helped against Fox in that video where you got killed because you used down-B; he was shielding a lot at the end once he got to a kill-able percentage. I'm also curious as to why you used down-B while Fox was up tilting you.

bigman40

Smash Master
No problem, Scarlet. I'm still planning on doing some more work on confirming characters with this one, so I'll keep it updated. So far, Lucas, Meta, and Falcon are absolutely confirmed for this.

Thanks again, man.
Yo! I just thought about your double team combos. You could attempt this combo: Grab Release -> Fair -> Grab Release -> grab release infinite -> DownB. You can continue the Fair spike combo until you want to stop, but it's just some flashy stuff I was thinking.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Ok, YOSHssb:

I thought you were quite good.The grab out of Fox's recovering side-B followed by the spike was great. You had some other nice spikes in the other videos. I also like your dtilt oos idea, since I've noticed I use dsmash too much myself. As a general tip, air dodging after you get sent flying doesn't help you. To regain control sooner, do your fastest aerial (uair, in Yoshi's case) and fastfall.

Maybe you could try throwing some more eggs at Diddy to keep him from getting those bananas out. I'd also suggest working DJC egg lays in as an approach. I think it would have helped against Fox in that video where you got killed because you used down-B; he was shielding a lot at the end once he got to a kill-able percentage. I'm also curious as to why you used down-B while Fox was up tilting you.
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I've actually started using the DJC egg lay today. I decided to play a few matches using ONLY it and the back aerial and see if I could succeed in confusing my opponent and it worked so I'm gonna try and learn it better to do it more fluidly. I guess the reason that I air-dodge after being hit is to tech on the stage if I'm sent at a downward angle. Thinking back on it, you're right and it doesn't happen but maybe once out of every 10-15 fights I'm in so using your strategy would be better and I'll work on making that instinctive in my game.

As for the down-B while Fox was up-tilting me, that's me being bad. When me and that Fox player originally started playing, he'd do that up-tilt and if I DIed upward, then I could get hit only twice by it and use my down-B and hit him. So I used to use it as a counterattack and it always worked. Well, he got smarter and began watching my animations more closely and now it never works, but I've used it so much that it's instinct to do it. Thanks for pointing it out though because I hadn't noticed it myself that I do it that much. Now that I know, I'll make a conscious effort to avoid doing it in the future. I've found (just recently in fact) that if Fox is doing the up-tilt at lower percentages, then you can smash down (i guess it's a fast fall) right after you get hit and you can land on the ground and shield before he can do it again. I'm also working on this so hopefully if I can get that worked out then I won't need to correct the down-B stuff because I'll never have a situation to use it.

Anyway, thanks man. I'll be sure to practice that stuff and once I get it down pat, I'll upload some more videos. The Fox player's sent the videos onto the Fox threads to get better as well so hopefully the next set of videos will be even more entertaining. Thanks again man :)

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Yo! I just thought about your double team combos. You could attempt this combo: Grab Release -> Fair -> Grab Release -> grab release infinite -> DownB. You can continue the Fair spike combo until you want to stop, but it's just some flashy stuff I was thinking.
Couldn't an opponent tech the spike on the stage and roll out of it? It would work if the first Yoshi that grabbed could grab the opponent before he reached the stage but is there too much lag afterwards? I haven't tested it so I could be wrong. I thought of another infinite chain grab though with two Yoshi's. Assuming friendly fire is on, while one Yoshi is chewing, the other Yoshi can neutral A the first Yoshi and the result causes the opponent to fall out of Yoshi's mouth onto the stage every time. The Yoshi that attacked can grab the opponent before he can get out of the "break-out" animation. Then you repeat swapping roles. The bad stuff is that both Yoshi's will take slight damage in the process but for an infinite against one opponent, I think it's a pretty fair trade.

bigman40

Smash Master
Couldn't an opponent tech the spike on the stage and roll out of it? It would work if the first Yoshi that grabbed could grab the opponent before he reached the stage but is there too much lag afterwards? I haven't tested it so I could be wrong. I thought of another infinite chain grab though with two Yoshi's. Assuming friendly fire is on, while one Yoshi is chewing, the other Yoshi can neutral A the first Yoshi and the result causes the opponent to fall out of Yoshi's mouth onto the stage every time. The Yoshi that attacked can grab the opponent before he can get out of the "break-out" animation. Then you repeat swapping roles. The bad stuff is that both Yoshi's will take slight damage in the process but for an infinite against one opponent, I think it's a pretty fair trade.
Only at high percents they will be able to tech it since they'll move downwards from the spike really fast. When you think about it, at low percents, they can't get out of it cause the yoshi that's spiking will have just hit him before he regained control of his character, and this will give more than enough time to dash grab while he's beginning to move down.

Edit: also, use the edit button more. Double/Triple posting is a wtf.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I always Fair someone after grab release of a low trajectory throw (MK's/Kirby's Dthrow, etc.). That's why I love doubles I always get to play off of nonsense like that, hopefully I can get some doubles replays on here sometime since doubles are mad fun compared to singles...geez I need to get my own wii :dizzy:

Double yoshi team me and my teammate enjoyed grab release -> Fair spike -> Fsmash (from original grab releasing yoshi) on and MK...grab release shenanigans are the best thing about yoshi in doubles =D

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
also, use the edit button more. Double/Triple posting is a wtf.
My bad; i haven't gotten the multiple quotes option down and each of my posts was referencing someone else's so to get around the "I don't know how to quote multiple people in one reply" I just did a triple post. I'll learn in the future, heh.

Turinssbb

Smash Rookie
My bad; i haven't gotten the multiple quotes option down and each of my posts was referencing someone else's so to get around the "I don't know how to quote multiple people in one reply" I just did a triple post. I'll learn in the future, heh.
its okay i know how u feel ^_^

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
yo dawg i heard u like watching videos so i put some videos in your videos so u can watch while u watch

(Also: updated with BlindSonic's Vs. CPU)

Dyz69

Smash Rookie
Hey guys im bringing up here some new videos of me, Thanks goes to my freidns for uploading them
heres 3 new vids and ill soon upload one of my own

Dyz69 Vs Juan ( Yoshi Ditto )
http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=-ShtiQoOq3M

Metatitan Vs Dyz69 ( Jiggz fight )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiEQPQWR5dA

Metatitan Vs Dyz69 ( Yoshi ditto )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WneMlX7l6HM&feature=channel

^^^on this ditto dont ask me why i SD, i seriously tried jumping but yoshi kept doing attacks T_T
also in the final blow we both did Uair but he was more below me, Waah oh well i cant win all
of them right XD

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Hey guys im bringing up here some new videos of me, Thanks goes to my freidns for uploading them
heres 3 new vids and ill soon upload one of my own

Dyz69 Vs Juan ( Yoshi Ditto )
http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=-ShtiQoOq3M
Nice fights (I checked out all 7). You pretty much dominated Juan. You used the down aerial very well and got some good gimps out of it and your stage spike => footstool on the Halberd was beautiful. I do have a question and an observation. Did you use the side-B on purpose every time you used it (minus the time in the 6th match when you killed yourself)? I'm just wondering if you use it when you're not playing online. Also, I noticed that you NEVER used the egg-lay. You really should use it => up aerial. You can do the up-aerial fast enough where your opponent can't break out fast enough to avoid it so it's a nice 14% damage. And, if your opponent starts to figure it out and waits to break out, then you can charge an up-smash under 'em for even more damage. Look into it and experiment because it's really helped my game and I think it'd do the same for you. Let me know if you wanna play again man. It's been like 7 months since we've played and when we did, the matches were pretty pathetic because we were still new to the game.

EDIT: If you didn't know, Gimpyfish's Metagame video is out for download. It's a 30+ minute video of insane Melee combos that have happened in friendlies and tournaments. I just finished watching it and it's pretty amazing. Here's the download link if anyone's interested:
http://hosted.filefront.com/Gimpyfish62/
Enjoy! =)

Dyz69

Smash Rookie
Thanks Yosh for the comment and Yes i am one of the few who use Egg Roll probably that much
i dont really see it as a useless move much like egg lay my timing is off with that and i cant do
that DJ egg lay cancel like some do a lot here i think Juan did it too in those videos i havent
been able to time it all to well i do sometimes use it aggaints others and i nail a Uair and quickly
fast fall or mindgame to a pivot grab, but yeah i use Egg Roll often but forget about egg lay T_T

thanks for the comment tough ^_^ and i hope we do fight we both have gotten Way stronger
but i still think i can fight you and win XD guess im gonna have to wait and find out if i can lol

auroreon

Smash Ace
I really wanna get some vids of my Yoshi up but Im lacking a capture card...

Is there any kind person with a capture card who could record a few replays for me?

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Bwett, I would like to thank you for your vids against Marth. I've been recently having trouble with the matchup, so I came here and the matchup thread to get some tips and I think I now know what to do.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I wish I would've got a video from a team match earlier. I fair'd someon into the lip of FD and foot stooled them for the kill.

Dyz69

Smash Rookie
Hey guys i felt that i should give out the latest hope you enjoy...or comment at least XD

Dyz vs JonBe ( Marth Battle )
http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=R7otqEwGBpI&feature=channel_page
Here i display a move i call Egg Delay check it out you may find it useful ^_^

Dyz vs Juan ( Yoshi ditto )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXZ_w9DLD1I
you gotta watch these guys it has so many spikes its ownage XD

ill try uploading the matches i had with a very tough Link ^_^...oh and maybe
a few were i get seriously owned XD

D

Deleted member

I has offline vids =D
Me vs awex, one of the top olimars in socal(he 2-0d edrees). He wasnt campin as much as usual, and this is like my first set winning vs him.

Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ncZZNQF5mA

This is round 3/4 of our set. 1 +2 will be up later today.
Pretty beastly stuff =)

Bwett

Smash Ace
Both of yall are doing quite well. Burnt, your yoshi is looking really impressive. Was that a jump->DJ in other direction->B reversal back? It looks pretty sick. I'm stealing that as well as another move that you did. Btw, stop using so much fair lol.

Dyz, the egg roll delay looks like it might come useful in certain situations. I'll give it a good looking at.

Nice job guys

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Can my YouTube channel be added to the list? I have mostly Yoshi replays on there and I plan to add more sometime. I do have more than 500 replays on my SD card so what I have on my channels is just a small chunk.

Top Bottom