• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
After watching those matches between DSF and Polt, i just realised that i have a very similar playstyle to him. I just suck at reading and make poor choices to much. I also pivot grab too much and need to start mixing it up and a couple other things. Polt is too fecking good.

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice
He got better at dodging them as a set went on, at least.

Also, that f-smash that countered his glide-attack should not have worked. I mistimed it; you could see that his shield went up before I hit him. He must have attempted a spot-dodge or a roll or something. XD

:069:
i saw your amazing fight (match 2) that was some awe inspiring stuff there. i woulda shed a tear had i been there.

"FireFly"

I see you've met SOVAman.

He's pretty much our local troll. one of them anyway

should not be a troll on a Yoshi forum....Yoshi is about happy :) come and get some of this rainbow

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice
I see you've met SOVAman.

He's pretty much our local troll.
one of them anyway

:008:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvjUBJKb3fM (Vs Lordshade67 Peach/Wolf)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoWBgX3QxjY (VS Lordshade67 as Wolf)

The outcome wasn't to good but i think i did alright battle wise...

Hey can anyone judge my yoshi....i have a playlist on my youtube account from when i started (again) until these two videos. Any advice you could give me? I think i'm good but i'm not satisfied on power at least not till your level

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I love how everyone who is not as good as Poltergust tries to diminish the significance of Poltergust's games by implying that his opponents are sub-par.

Get out of here, fools, and don't come back until something useful is coming out of your mouth.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
wow a lot of vids lately, looks like ill have something to do once this huge ****load of homework is finished...

@yoshiking: its alright, i was expecting a happy sunshine crew to be in the yoshi boards when i first started as well. But at least you arent ******** like i was when i first joined haha (sova trolled me so hard it wasnt even funny)

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice
wow a lot of vids lately, looks like ill have something to do once this huge ****load of homework is finished...

@yoshiking: its alright, i was expecting a happy sunshine crew to be in the yoshi boards when i first started as well. But at least you arent ******** like i was when i first joined haha (sova trolled me so hard it wasnt even funny)
being a Yoshi Main (All generations of Smash)....dealing with the smash community teaches you a lot of things......seriously..

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I mained him in all 3 as well, but i changed out yoshi in melee because he cant do anything in that game :/

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but Yoshiking is meatride worthy in Smash64 from what Scatz tells me.
I wasn't up there on Scatz level but i was well known. Yoshi was surely a great charecter to use. I had the most fun with him on 64 then i do in brawl....well maybe not anymore which i think is weird.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I got a few recorded from Hobo that Xyro put up yesterday. Wish more matches had been recorded, but I guess that's what I get for not having a TV for my Wii:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T91I6z_q_jg <=== vs. Dark Disciple (Lucario) 1 & 2 of 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgq7lluvnQo <=== vs. Dark Disciple (Lucario) 3 of 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO_9fQu-whc <=== vs. Nike (Marth) 1 of 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zm2wzznLGo <=== vs. Nike (Marth) 2 of 2

I'm pretty confident that I could have beaten Dark Disciple if I didn't get careless going for my kills. I took 100+ damage just trying to get a kill on his 1st life in the 3rd game, and I almost let him come back in the 1st game.

I liked in my matches against Nike that I dodged two of his attacks by up-smashing. He down-tilted me in the 1st match, and the animation for the up-smash made Yoshi hop over the tip of the sword and then hit him, and in the 2nd game, he did a forward-tilt, and Yoshi leaned back just out of range of the sword (it looks pretty funny when you pause it right there, heh).

Overall, I think I played well, but I can definitely see a LOT of room for improvement. My decision making wasn't as good as it usually is, but I was reading my opponents a lot better this time which counterbalanced it some.

Anyway, critique appreciated on these since they were tournament matches.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Y'know, if you just use my name in the link title instead of "Olimar" you don't have to explain that it's a funny match. XP

Airborne

Smash Lord
I wasn't up there on Scatz level but i was well known. Yoshi was surely a great charecter to use. I had the most fun with him on 64 then i do in brawl....well maybe not anymore which i think is weird.
It's ok; Scatz doesn't feel he's on that level you describe him at either. XD

I got a few recorded from Hobo that Xyro put up yesterday. Wish more matches had been recorded, but I guess that's what I get for not having a TV for my Wii:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T91I6z_q_jg <=== vs. Dark Disciple (Lucario) 1 & 2 of 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgq7lluvnQo <=== vs. Dark Disciple (Lucario) 3 of 3

Anyway, critique appreciated on these since they were tournament matches.
I already watched the matches and immediately had my car ready to drive ALLLL the way to Arkansas and punch you in the face. LEARN TO F*CKING DI!!!!!!

I just realized what u said....what the hell is meatride worthy anyways?

but thanks for the compliment i guess?
Hmmm... how do I put this? Meat riding aka D*ck riding aka riding is where you almost openly worship someone because of their skills, ability, etc. Not sure if that's a proper definition.

But... that's the format we're supposed to use.

:069: lrn2readOP
Pretty sure Jile just said to put the link there and to not embed it in some title...
How to properly submit videos (such that it is easiest for me)

Acceptable example:
Vs. Pikachu
http://youtube.com/link_to_video

The way that makes it harder for me:
Vs. James the Fish

*U dum*

The olimar match lmao. (does the tail whip kill all the pikmin instantly?)

Bowser 1 Great use of the tongue glitch also is it easy to pull off the tongue glitch?
It should kill all but the purples instantly, since the purps have more *STAMINA*.

The "tongue glitch", more commonly known as Egg Lay Canceling, formerly known as Egg Lay Faking occurs because either Yoshi catches them towards the ending animation of Egg Lay, or because he catches them with the very very very tip of the tongue. If we could find a way to consistently Egg Lay Cancel, then we could probably infinite people with it. XDDDD

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice
It's ok; Scatz doesn't feel he's on that level you describe him at either. XD

Hmmm... how do I put this? Meat riding aka D*ck riding aka riding is where you almost openly worship someone because of their skills, ability, etc. Not sure if that's a proper definition.

It should kill all but the purples instantly, since the purps have more *STAMINA*.

The "tongue glitch", more commonly known as Egg Lay Canceling, formerly known as Egg Lay Faking occurs because either Yoshi catches them towards the ending animation of Egg Lay, or because he catches them with the very very very tip of the tongue. If we could find a way to consistently Egg Lay Cancel, then we could probably infinite people with it. XDDDD

well a great yoshi reguardless haha.

Well...I didn't know i was popular like that.....I heard that i was on a podcast one time but i never found the clip to prove it.

Good information to know especially the pikmin kill. there annoying.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Just thought you'd all like to see Delta's reaction to Scatz's last minute of this match; I'm pretty sure you might've shared the same reaction. ;D

[1:28:58 AM] Deltacod: WTF
[1:29:00 AM] Deltacod: HOW DID YOU
[1:29:01 AM] Deltacod: LIVE
[1:29:02 AM] Deltacod: WAIT
[1:29:05 AM] Deltacod: REPLAY THAT
[1:29:17 AM] Deltacod: WHAT
[1:29:19 AM] Deltacod: YOU LUCKY *****
[1:29:41 AM] Deltacod: POWER SHIELD BROKEN
[1:29:43 AM] Deltacod: OH MY GOD
[1:29:45 AM] Deltacod: NO WAY
[1:29:46 AM] Deltacod: YOU DIDN'T
[1:29:49 AM] Deltacod: EFFFFFFFFFFFFF
[1:29:50 AM] Deltacod: THE SPACING
[1:29:52 AM] Deltacod: SDLABDLASBDLSAf
[1:29:57 AM] Deltacod: MISSED
[1:30:00 AM] Deltacod: BOTH UMBRELLAS
[1:30:02 AM] Deltacod: THIS
[1:30:03 AM] Deltacod: HOLY ****
[1:30:09 AM] Deltacod: PLAYING THAT LAST MINUTE AGAIN
[1:30:34 AM] Deltacod: ****ING
[1:30:36 AM] Deltacod: GODLY DI
[1:30:39 AM] Deltacod: GODLY LUCK
[1:30:41 AM] Deltacod: GODLY PS
[1:30:43 AM] Deltacod: WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
[1:30:51 AM] Deltacod: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Judo777

Smash Master
Just thought you'd all like to see Delta's reaction to Scatz's last minute of this match; I'm pretty sure you might've shared the same reaction. ;D

[1:28:58 AM] Deltacod: WTF
[1:29:00 AM] Deltacod: HOW DID YOU
[1:29:01 AM] Deltacod: LIVE
[1:29:02 AM] Deltacod: WAIT
[1:29:05 AM] Deltacod: REPLAY THAT
[1:29:17 AM] Deltacod: WHAT
[1:29:19 AM] Deltacod: YOU LUCKY *****
[1:29:41 AM] Deltacod: POWER SHIELD BROKEN
[1:29:43 AM] Deltacod: OH MY GOD
[1:29:45 AM] Deltacod: NO WAY
[1:29:46 AM] Deltacod: YOU DIDN'T
[1:29:49 AM] Deltacod: EFFFFFFFFFFFFF
[1:29:50 AM] Deltacod: THE SPACING
[1:29:52 AM] Deltacod: SDLABDLASBDLSAf
[1:29:57 AM] Deltacod: MISSED
[1:30:00 AM] Deltacod: BOTH UMBRELLAS
[1:30:02 AM] Deltacod: THIS
[1:30:03 AM] Deltacod: HOLY ****
[1:30:09 AM] Deltacod: PLAYING THAT LAST MINUTE AGAIN
[1:30:34 AM] Deltacod: ****ING
[1:30:36 AM] Deltacod: GODLY DI
[1:30:39 AM] Deltacod: GODLY LUCK
[1:30:41 AM] Deltacod: GODLY PS
[1:30:43 AM] Deltacod: WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
[1:30:51 AM] Deltacod: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
Dear lord! How did that happen? Im in awe.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Good job against Seibrik, Scatz. I meant it when I said you are one of the top 5 Yoshis. You have the techniques down, now you just need to play smarter.

D

Deleted member

Good job against Seibrik, Scatz. I meant it when I said you are one of the top 5 Yoshis. You have the techniques down, now you just need to play smarter.

Just like i meant it when i said you are one of the bottom 5 yoshis

Top Bottom