• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

SOVAman

Smash Hero
What is there to follow? I have literally 3 stocked or easy 2 stocked every yoshi i have ever met in my 2+ years of playing this game. Yosh is the ONLY one to give me trouble and even then we are even. We litterally go back in forth in sets(mm/reg tourney/lt tier tourney/friendlies...ect). Hes the best yoshi i have ever seen and i guarantee not a single samus will BEAT or get close to beating him.

So your "you suck" comment is 100% base-less in all areas(u have no clue what i have accomplished as the best samus). LOL i place better than you in tourney on any given day and have beaten people far better than you( i guarantee). Your a nobody who has done nothing and will never do anything special in smash for the remainder of your days.
****, busting out a essay -_^b

btw I tl;dr anything over 4 lines

xyro seriously just camp more and maybe you will get on NoId's level. Maybe you should just aim him for advice he is very good at giving advice.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
****, busting out a essay -_^b

btw I tl;dr anything over 4 lines

xyro seriously just camp more and maybe you will get on NoId's level. Maybe you should just aim him for advice he is very good at giving advice.
Beat rhyme and nidea. I also 3 stocked the yoshi(pride) that rhyme couldn't beat. Im ahead of the game. always been that way. People in their own state said i was batter to my face and online. Go look at "kosha boy" results thread.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Beat rhyme and nidea. I also 3 stocked the yoshi(pride) that rhyme couldn't beat. Im ahead of the game. always been that way. People in their own state said i was batter to my face and online. Go look at "kosha boy" results thread.
Kosha boy was like 25243243 years ago

get something relevant plz

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Okay, this exchange is pretty hilarious, but I'ma have to cut it off here.

LOL wow, though.

Infractions past this point. Just sayin.

Figarou

Smash Rookie
It's cool, but the hyrule thing is HILARIOUS. The SH fair looks like it's the easiest to do the super jump from, so it'll help influence one of my favorite moves, as well as make my air camping more viable. >:D

Heh...I'm glad you found it entertaining.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Really? well when i go there, please friendly me so i can be learned!

Yikarur

Smash Master
I got Top16 Pokemon VGC german, I want thoose orange names too!!! D:

last weekend I got 3rd of 13 but it doesn't feel good enough to post it ._.

Yikarur

Smash Master
ahhh Videos..
next weekend is the biggest europe tournament this year and Ally will be there!
I hope I'll get some videos =)

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
I find it weird how I lost on FD (which I believe is Snake's worst neutral) and then won on Battlefield (one of Snake's best stages).
If that was your thought process, why didn't you just go back to FD instead of CPing Battlefield?

OverLade

Smash Hero
Need critiquing on these videos. This was my match against RedHalberd last Saturday.

Poltergust vs. Meta Knight 1
Poltergust vs. Snake 2
Poltergust vs. Snake 3

I find it weird how I lost on FD (which I believe is Snake's worst neutral) and then won on Battlefield (one of Snake's best stages). I definitely need to know what I did wrong with that match.

:069:
*namesearch*<33

LOL what?? FD is snakes best Neutral and Battlefield is easily his worst neutral.

I probably would have banned Battlefield if I had expected to go Snake....

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
If that was your thought process, why didn't you just go back to FD instead of CPing Battlefield?
I thought that I would do better there because he has never fought me on that stage before.

So... what could I improve on in these matches?

bigman40

Smash Master
I don't give a ****.

I watched your 2nd match.

@ :22 - Don't commit to dash grabbing unless you know it'll land. Snake can wreck the **** out of you for missing it, and it'll screw up your mindset in the match as you keep missing.

@ :39 - You should've waited. Then you wouldn't have ran into his C4, even though you were standing on top of it. remember where he places everything, and you won't run into it.

Stop jumping and airdodging. You will get ***** much harder for doing it so often vs players who know the MU or are watching to see what you do.

@ 1:25 - After you knocked him away, you can SH egg toss to make your pressure much more potent than ETSing towards him (doing that defeats the purpose since ETS is to space away from the opponent). Idk if you saw it, but Yoshi can gain frame advantage from his eggs if you were to throw them correctly (and of course they land). That moment was where you could've used it.

@ 1:27 - Blah......fix your DI....

Stop spotdodging from habits.

@ 1:40 - ;-; THAT WAS YOUR CHANCE TO FSMASH HIM! Don't let opportunities like that go to waste...

@ 3:21 - ...............WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????

You'd do a lot better if you didn't constantly rush into your shield and spotdodge whenever pressure came at you. Plus, there's a few moments where you could've made better choices.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I don't give a ****.
?

@ :22 - Don't commit to dash grabbing unless you know it'll land. Snake can wreck the **** out of you for missing it, and it'll screw up your mindset in the match as you keep missing.
Yeah, I need to get rid of that habit. One time I got f-smashed for missing a dash grab... v_v

@ :39 - You should've waited. Then you wouldn't have ran into his C4, even though you were standing on top of it. remember where he places everything, and you won't run into it.
Actually, if you look closely you'll see that I was bringing my shield up when I got hit. Of course, this kind of thing can only happen to Yoshi. >_>

Stop jumping and airdodging. You will get ***** much harder for doing it so often vs players who know the MU or are watching to see what you do.
Well, I'll try to work towards that...

@ 1:25 - After you knocked him away, you can SH egg toss to make your pressure much more potent than ETSing towards him (doing that defeats the purpose since ETS is to space away from the opponent). Idk if you saw it, but Yoshi can gain frame advantage from his eggs if you were to throw them correctly (and of course they land). That moment was where you could've used it.
Good idea! I forgot about that, actually... :laugh:

@ 1:27 - Blah......fix your DI....
Sorry about that, I just didn't expect to get hit from where I was.[/johns]

Although, my DI in the other two games was really good (I lived over 200% against MK and survived a spike at like 100% against Snake).

Stop spotdodging from habits.
I'm getting better at that, actually. Before, I used to spot-dodge all the time with these kinds of match-ups, but now I'm getting a better feeling of when I should spotdodge or stay in shield.

@ 1:40 - ;-; THAT WAS YOUR CHANCE TO FSMASH HIM! Don't let opportunities like that go to waste...
It's times like these that I wish all of Yoshi's tail was a hitbox, but you're right.

And I'm supposed to be good at f-smashing. :laugh:

@ 3:21 - ...............WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????
My finger slipped. True story. =/

bigman40

Smash Master
Don't mind the beginning part you quoted lol.

You had some good stuff going. It's just that moments you made bad decisions that could've costed more than what you just looked at from your own matches (it happens to me often since ppl know the MU here now =[ ). Anyways, Just trust things a little more and stay around mid range vs most characters. Yoshi's pressure can **** hella hard when done right.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I actually put on an old pair of some flimsy 3D glasses I found and watched some of these videos.

Still trying to put the experience into words.

D

Deleted member

Zudenka is fantastic.
I only feel liek zudenka flusters himself a little bit, and that despite his remarkable control of his character, he sometimes cant pull off the simple basic reads that can often be made on an opponent that really is having trouble trying to figure out what hes going to do. zudenka moves so fluently between his moves that its not easy to fight, but he does silly things like dash attacking a shield that really mess him up.

Top Bottom