• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

rel12

Smash Apprentice
Zudenka is fantastic.
I only feel liek zudenka flusters himself a little bit, and that despite his remarkable control of his character, he sometimes cant pull off the simple basic reads that can often be made on an opponent that really is having trouble trying to figure out what hes going to do. zudenka moves so fluently between his moves that its not easy to fight, but he does silly things like dash attacking a shield that really mess him up.
Yeah, he sometimes does unnecessary moves.. but he is a great Yoshi!

& heres my combo video... year old tho... I improved alot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yljqY0_VNDM

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I watched the last one first because I wanted to see who won.

For game 5:

He was pulling a lot of grenades. A Snake that's pulling a lot of grenades is a LOT easier to egg to death than approach. You could have just thrown eggs and messed with his camping groove.

1:12 - You missed a potential kill. You dodged the first attack after he blew up on his nade, but Bair'd instead of Uair'd, which probably woulda killed him.

Do NOT be afraid to use ECE on Snake. At about 2 minutes in, he kept trapping you on the ledge with nades. This would be a good time to egg him and get him out of your face.

Learn the timing for the grenade explosions. You held shield next to them a lot when you had PLENTY of time to just drop shield and get out of the way.

If you're in front of a Snake that's landing, odds are he's going to airdodge. If you're spacing poorly and are right under him or below him, he might Bair.

Never roll TOWARDS Snake. It's like giving him a free 20%.

When you're at kill percents, play VERY VERY safe. Any approach will probably just get stuffed by utilt.

I really liked your second kill though. Mad sexy.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Why can't nobody read the directions in this thread. Now I gotta' go copy all the urls in your videos manually from Youtube, WHICH WILL TAKE LIKE 3 ADDITIONAL MINUTES.

Yikarur

Smash Master
ouh I just copied a quote of the uploader in german smash board that contained the url code within, sorry D:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Jile, this thread's title still makes me grin each time i read it

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I won a tournament yesterday. I got the grand finals recorded so I'll upload those whenever I get around to it. Had to play Iori in both winner's finals and grand finals, so that was fun. I'm sure I made a lot of mistakes and probably could have won even more easily, but I'll analyze 'em after I've posted them and such.

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B93eGap8w4E <== vs. Snake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk5q5CCpBqg <== vs. Lucario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCL-hWAF8hk <== vs. Lucario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrpkC_NxmIM <== vs. Pokemon Trainer

Bigz, if you say "stop dodging into the ground" I will rip off your thumbs; I'm aware of it.

The Pokemon Trainer match is hilarious to me. I COMPLETELY underestimated his PT and before I knew it, I was down 2 lives, heh. I didn't know that Squirtle's last hit of his down aerial knocked you out of the 2nd jump. The first time I tried to attack him and that's why I got knocked out, but the second time, I just jumped normally and it still knocked me out of it. I'll definitely keep that in mind for the future =P The other death was a buffered side-dodge that turned into an air-dodge and I don't think I could have done anything about that one. I probably could have thrown an egg first and then double jumped so that I was right next to him and threatened him and I might have lived that way, but whatever. Also, I know I should have killed his Charizard at 1:51, but I missed the ground-pound opportunity. I didn't think the first jab was going to hit for some reason so I didn't think about doing a ground-pound.

I know there are a lot of times when I should have used the egg-lay instead of back-aerial/neutral-aerial, but hindsight is 20/20, and I won't make the right decision on the spot every time.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero

Airborne

Smash Lord
One comment about your match against Falco: Nair>>>>>Phantasm. Seriously. It has everything you want in one move for this situation: Long lasting hitbox to knock Falco out of it, a hitbox in front of you so that you'll clank with phantasm before it EVER hits you, and a sour-spot hitbox that lobs him down at a downward for that special moment when he's offstage without a second jump. ;D

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I think part of the reason I haven't been doing that is because I assumed the weaker parts of Nair would lose to Phantasm for some reason, and the other part is that my instincts tell me to stay grounded when I see Falco initiate the move. I'll have to keep that in mind for next time.

:008:

Sharky

Smash Master
the only time falco won't be knocked out of phantasm is when you hit him during one of the invincible parts of it, and then it will just clank so you won't even be punished then. It doesn't do enough damage to do more than clank.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Falco is the only top tier character that Utah is severly (lol at spelling) lacking in, so i cant help you much there :D

Airborne

Smash Lord
One thing I noticed about your 3rd wario match was that you didn't capitalize on his landings that often when had already used his double jump; a well-spaced dash grab or pivot grab could've earned you a lot more damage racking in that match, although you had already succeeded in doing that. =P

Also, it seems that you only GR->Usmash on Wario when we have SEVERAL follow-ups from GR on him: utilt, uair, upward-angled fsmash, etc. Using uair or angled fsmash probably would've granted you the win in game 3.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
One thing I noticed about your 3rd wario match was that you didn't capitalize on his landings that often when had already used his double jump; a well-spaced dash grab or pivot grab could've earned you a lot more damage racking in that match, although you had already succeeded in doing that. =P
I often try and get pivot grabs in when he lands close to me, but he rarely if ever does that anymore. He knows the match-up too well now to give me grabs like that. As for dash grabbing, I try to avoid doing those as much as possible, because missing and getting farted on is NOT worth the potential reward IMO. I'm not accurate enough for that, and all it takes is one miss and my stock is gone...

Also, it seems that you only GR->Usmash on Wario when we have SEVERAL follow-ups from GR on him: utilt, uair, upward-angled fsmash, etc. Using uair or angled fsmash probably would've granted you the win in game 3.
Scatz already bugged me about this. =3 I'll start doing that more often from now on. Although I did not know you could Utilt. XD

Airborne

Smash Lord
I often try and get pivot grabs in when he lands close to me, but he rarely if ever does that anymore. He knows the match-up too well now to give me grabs like that. As for dash grabbing, I try to avoid doing those as much as possible, because missing and getting farted on is NOT worth the potential reward IMO. I'm not accurate enough for that, and all it takes is one miss and my stock is gone...

I was talking more about towards the beginning of the match, when he was setting himself up for grabs upon landing easily within grab range. But yeah, do this within 70 seconds, or however long it takes for that specific waft, of the beginning of the match/when he last used it.

Scatz already bugged me about this. =3 I'll start doing that more often from now on. Although I did not know you could Utilt. XD

Good, then I don't have bark about it. XD
Get to level 36 already; needs moar cannons.
I'm silly as hell.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice
I like them Yoshi glasses :cool:

vs. Jiggz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIzTzxQ7TR4

Nothing serious, just having fun. Notice the rust and the ghetto smash on the last kill! :bee:
nice job on your fights. If i may critique ya. You got to captailize on the uptilt (The up tail) and Fsmash both very serious killers.

I loved your egg game. I was really impressed. It didn't have to connect but the eggs that u tossed in the fight created space for you to think of what to do next. great fights overall

Fingerp@ss

Smash Cadet
nice job on your fights. If i may critique ya. You got to captailize on the uptilt (The up tail) and Fsmash both very serious killers.

I loved your egg game. I was really impressed. It didn't have to connect but the eggs that u tossed in the fight created space for you to think of what to do next. great fights overall
I didn't really have any chances to use utilt and I'm pretty sure that move won't kill (I'm not Snake ;) ). I don't use Fsmash....unless its pivoted after a doop walk.

Note in the second match I was really trying to do that ledge get-up DR mumbo jumbo. Didn't hit it once :( .

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
F-smash is a great move for punishing landing lag, though. You should use it if you get a good read on someone.

:069:

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice
I didn't really have any chances to use utilt and I'm pretty sure that move won't kill (I'm not Snake ;) ). I don't use Fsmash....unless its pivoted after a doop walk.

Note in the second match I was really trying to do that ledge get-up DR mumbo jumbo. Didn't hit it once :( .
great fights overall. I enjoyed watching them

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, but Fingerp@ss said he wasn't using f-smash at all outside of doop-walking. I said that he should use it to also punish landing lag. Then you said with that picture that that is obvious.

So, you are saying that Fingerp@ss is oblivious to this apparently obvious use of f-smashing.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Yeah, but Fingerp@ss said he wasn't using f-smash at all outside of doop-walking. I said that he should use it to also punish landing lag. Then you said with that picture that that is obvious.

So, you are saying that Fingerp@ss is oblivious to this apparently obvious use of f-smashing.

Basically, what you posted was obvious

so I posted something obvious in reply

has nothing to do with fingerpass

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922

Fingerp@ss

Smash Cadet
Well, apparently Fingerp@ss didn't know it, so I'm just trying to help him.

By the way, here are my matches with DSF from MLG DC:

Poltergust vs. Meta Knight 1
Poltergust vs. Meta Knight 2

I think my matches with mikeHAZE were also recorded. I hope those get put up soon...

EDIT: Oh, and here is my LT set with Brett at HOBO28.

Poltergust vs. Ike 1, 2, & 3

I've been playing this game long enough to know fsmash is good for punishing landing lag. But I'm just focusing on doing other stuff rather than just the same old same old. I could have full charged fsmashed his missed rests but I didn't. As stated in my post the matches aren't serious at all. You should all know by now from majority of my vids I don't play primarily to win.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
He got better at dodging them as a set went on, at least.

Also, that f-smash that countered his glide-attack should not have worked. I mistimed it; you could see that his shield went up before I hit him. He must have attempted a spot-dodge or a roll or something. XD

Top Bottom