• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

D

Deleted member

:41 you didnt have it guarenteed but all he could do was either go low, get gimped, or get usmashed. Getting on the ledge wasnt the best option.

2:37 you coulda set him up, idk why u did ur cool DRey stuff when you can either be aggressive with nair or just empty short hop to grab (or you want to condition him to not side b high by usmashing or punishing in general, which u seemed to do a little).

3:00 he was done

3:14 he was done

Im sure there were more on the last stock.
At least try for the grab, even if he goes low, you eliminated one of his recovery options, then if u can consistantly punish high side bs, you will be able to edgehog him if u predict him going low. Its all about conditioning.

Also, stop doing dumb stuff like nairing into the front of falcos shield, its never safe and it costs you 60+ percent.
When you are ahead, he wants that grab, so do everything in your power to make sure he does not get it.

Fingerp@ss

Smash Cadet
Alright fellow Yoshi persons, these will be the last vids of me playing ever. These are team matches and first time using Yoshi in a long time (aside from occasional friendlies). Wasn't really playing to win. Nothing too special but you can laugh as I scream whenever I get hit hard or die. Watch me use ROB, Snake, Wolf, and Ganon (especially Ganon) if you want as well in other matches that I won't link here. Our team name is L4J (L for jump) same team name used way back in 2008 when I first made an appearances. Anyways its been fun and don't stop using the best character (and cutest) in the game (yes, Yoshi).

Fingerp@ss and Olimar vs. Zelda/Snake and Bowser (see 2nd match for Yoshi)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gspPHWegydU

Fingerp@ss and Olimar vs. Zelda and G&W (see 1st match for Yoshi)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-m9PJot3mU&feature=related

Again, nothing too special. I apologizing for not using Yoshi as often and for not posting many more matches. Have fun, stay safe guys! :chuckle:

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I have updated this thread.

Which, in my opinion, is a world-record thread for the most videos of Brawl in one place EVER.

Except maybe the Sonic video thread. BUT IT'S A CLOSE CALL.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Only reason Sonic threads have anything on us

is because they have more people doing the gruntwork

Jile, you're like some sort of real life comic book hero.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Sonic is stupid. A BLUE hedgehog that eats chili dogs and runs super fast? And that's his only power?

AND HOW IS HE SO FAST IF HE EATS SO MANY CHILI DOGS IN THE FIRST PLACE? HE IS PROBABLY GOING TO GET DIABETES.

Sharky

Smash Master
I've got some commentary for you on those dubs matches in a bit fire, but the gist of them for now:

at least in the first couple games you got predictable with your airdodging (I'm half-way through watching them now)

stop hitting your teammate so much, I'm starting to cringe at all the eggs oli gets hit by at early/mid percents =/ also upair teamkill game 3. ouch.

work those ledges better, I'll name specifics in my detailed commentary.

edit: please stop getting distracted by video commentary midmatch XD

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: LOL, I can't be the only person who found that first match to be absolutely hilarious!

D

Deleted member

That was epic platform camping scatty.
Use less predictable DR dance running grabs. You do them a lot and they are very neat but you are a little predictable with them. In tourny, camp more, idk if u didnt cuz it was friendlies, but good stuff anyways, u played better than u normally do xD

Edit: after watching the end, that was awful. Thanks for ruining my night =P

bigman40

Smash Master
It's called me sucking at playing this game. I bet Shiri never would've imagined me playing like that.

@Stocky: I camped the entire tourney before the friendlies you saw. I only didn't camp Reflex cause he's a better player than me and ***** me (especially after not having Wario practice since 2008). However, I camped with Pikachu than Yoshi that tourney.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I thought you did really well.

I just had to move all of the solid heavy objects out of my room while I was watching.

I mean, everytime you tried to shieldgrab forward tilt's first hit, I found myself throwing things at my new monitor. I had to stop before I seriously damaged it.

You clearly did amazing work at frustrating him, but your decision making at really tight spots just doesn't help your survival game, but I've already lectured you about that. Just keep it up, I guess.

bigman40

Smash Master
:yoshi: I thought you did really well.

I just had to move all of the solid heavy objects out of my room while I was watching.

I mean, everytime you tried to shieldgrab forward tilt's first hit, I found myself throwing things at my new monitor. I had to stop before I seriously damaged it.

You clearly did amazing work at frustrating him, but your decision making at really tight spots just doesn't help your survival game, but I've already lectured you about that. Just keep it up, I guess.
The shield grabbing during his Ftilts was me trying to SDI and failing. In general, I just suck as decision making down to the last minute.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
It's okay, im terrible at it. If something unexpected happens I just pivot grab. But unfortunatly they're usually in the air >.>

D

Deleted member

Strongly agree with that
Scat you are good but you make bad choices that make u lose. Simple as that

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Pfft, my what are ment to be DR Egg toss but end up being DR egg roll offstage disagree

Sharky

Smash Master
I've been using it lately to wb off of platforms and for edge-guarding setups, and occasionally for spacing. Every now and then just to get to the ledge, too =P

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Pfft, my what are ment to be DR Egg toss but end up being DR egg roll offstage disagree
I'm sure if I knew who that was, i'd laugh.
But aside from that, I'll be starting to be more active on here, since I have the urge to start going around country to country to play Brawl.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That there be Z'zgashi aka Z'z, gashi, Z^2, or thatcrappyyoshimainfromutah

bigman40

Smash Master
Sorry for making more work for you, but I just deleted my videos up until this year (everything else will come up missing). Can you please delete them off this thread?

Yikarur

Smash Master
US Wolf Player suck so much D: and somehow your opponent couldn't handle the eggs at all! your opponents shoud relearn (or even learn) the match-up :x

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
US Wolf Player suck so much D: and somehow your opponent couldn't handle the eggs at all! your opponents shoud relearn (or even learn) the match-up :x
Firefly, that Wolf was doing it SO wrong. You're lucky Yes! wasn't there. =P
lulz, I saw this coming. Yikarur, don't judge all North American wolves off this one video please. XD

New age Delta combo: Stand still -> dash away.

:005:

Top Bottom