• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victory is My Destiny - MK Video and Critique Thread

Zozefup

Smash Lord
What do I do against Sonic? I make like 40 obvious mistakes in this match. Mainly because I have no idea what to do lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeWPnn0lG_w

@Ignis: I like you MK a lot. You play very similarly to me in the match up. Your air game is very solid, but I think you need to land a lot more grabs. Dtilt>grab is a very important part of that match up. I think you are a little too scared of uncooked grenades.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
What do I do against Sonic? I make like 40 obvious mistakes in this match. Mainly because I have no idea what to do lol.

@Ignis: I like you MK a lot. You play very similarly to me in the match up. Your air game is very solid, but I think you need to land a lot more grabs. Dtilt>grab is a very important part of that match up. I think you are a little too scared of uncooked grenades.
First of all, you personally just need to work on your MK, it's not really the MU so much as you not knowing your character so much :ohwell:

Work your spacing and stop dash attacking so much lol

There were a bunch of bad Fairs and a bad Dair or two. Work in tilts on Sonic, Dtilt and Ftilt are really good. Also work on your reaction time. When you had Sonic pinned from that transformation after Nado you waited and then Nair'd like 3 times in a row, you should have noticed it and Nair'd right away.

Uhh as for the Sonic MU, watch Dojo vs Espy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj_6uqWB5-c

lilseph

Smash Ace
First of all, you personally just need to work on your MK, it's not really the MU so much as you not knowing your character so much :ohwell:

Work your spacing and stop dash attacking so much lol

There were a bunch of bad Fairs and a bad Dair or two. Work in tilts on Sonic, Dtilt and Ftilt are really good. Also work on your reaction time. When you had Sonic pinned from that transformation after Nado you waited and then Nair'd like 3 times in a row, you should have noticed it and Nair'd right away.

Uhh as for the Sonic MU, watch Dojo vs Espy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj_6uqWB5-c
I wanted to emphasise that part of your post. Sonic gets wrecked so hard when MK is grounded. If MK takes it to the air and does more fair, dair... Sonic accually has a chance in the MU.

Kaffei

Smash Hero

everytime you dash you always do a dash attack stop doing that
make sonic come to you
nado> spin dash

work on spacing and react faster

NNID
Budget_Player
I need to play against more better sonics, but in general, if he spindashes at you, tornado him-it will always beat the spindash. From my experience, you really don't want to lose the lead in this matchup; you will always want to force sonic to come to you and get *****.

How the hell do I beat warios who play super gay with bike parts and ****? I spent this weekend getting my head kicked in by two of the best warios in germany and I literally have no idea how to win that matchup any more. I thought that aerials could shut them down pretty well... boy was I wrong. I also unfortunately have no videos of me playing against either of them. :(

etecoon

Smash Hero
not only should you not dash attack every time, you need to run a lot less and walk more

BPC: MK can wall wario out with great proficiency, you probably just need to space better

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Yeah basically what etecoon said.

Wario is super easy as long as you don't let him in. Just space him with Fairs, Ftitls, and Uairs mostly. He can't do much about it, the problem with Wario is if he hits you you're taking a lot of damage. Imo it's kinda like playing ICs, you gotta play really safe and just be patient for your hits otherwise he can rack up damage pretty fast and **** you with a fart.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
@ ignis

WOW you really shouldve just grabbed the ledge when the time got that low LOOOOOL

also

you nado into grenades like, every time. if you didnt do that you probably wouldve saved a whole stock if not more.

you dont know how to approach snake also, so pretty much you are relying on snake making mistakes when you play like that. (ive been guilty of this at times as well its okay :p)

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I don't understand all this talk about Wario being super easy.
Why do MKs keep losing to Glutonny do they suck or something

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
DTL, could you pretty please upload like 2 matches for me then? ^w^;;

uhm... why are you trying to edgeguard with fair... also, you always recover with shuttle loop, it's really predictable, do chase someone to the top of a screen with tornado, and 3:10 what was with that drill rush? it seems like you're not thinking when you're playing, and you're falling into patterns, mostly along the lines of recovery. but... i'm sorry, i don't want to seem mean, but it seems like you're just throwing out random attacks and hoping they'll hit...

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
DTL, could you pretty please upload like 2 matches for me then? ^w^;;

uhm... why are you trying to edgeguard with fair... also, you always recover with shuttle loop, it's really predictable, do chase someone to the top of a screen with tornado, and 3:10 what was with that drill rush? it seems like you're not thinking when you're playing, and you're falling into patterns, mostly along the lines of recovery. but... i'm sorry, i don't want to seem mean, but it seems like you're just throwing out random attacks and hoping they'll hit...
No offense taken he joined our smash scene little time ago. I'll get some more matches up here also that drill rush was a mistake lol

Alot of thanks from Dominican Republic!

Orion*

Smash Researcher
he plays like 2008 diem looooolllll
its hard for me to critique because its a very gimmicky playstyle, a lot of options you choose arent safe.

if you want to stay in that direction, id say just go w/ the experience and practice as much as you can. the only things i can say to benefit you is to really work on your spacing, so that everything is fluid and clean

and that uair/shuttle loop are much gayer than nado at the top of the screen lol

if you want to change styles though id start watching m2k vids

Afropony

Smash Lord

ANTi_

Smash Hero

Staco

Smash Champion
@ Afropony:
Just watched the MK dittos:
Both of you are doing a lot of nonsense and punishable moves (such as dash attack).
You also often do nonsense FSmashes, Up Bs etc.
Also work on your egdeguards, MK can keep another MK back from getting to the stage pretty well.
Dont do random FSmashes there (with inproper spacing and timing to punish dodges on the stage).

theunabletable

Smash Lord
You're just... really obvious. And you're not punishing stuff that well, and not catching on to what he wants.

Your ledge pressure is terrible, your Dsmashes are weird (like I saw you Dsmash at low percents, but your gimp game is bad, so you're putting them off stage, giving them a free ticket back on stage, and staling Dsmash. Since you SL so much, Dsmash is like your only legit kill option (that and nair, but I didn't see much of that)) and you're just lucky that the Falco wasn't punishing them as much, your shuttle loops are pretty obvious, but you hit with it so much, and your gimp game is so bad, that you're not getting kills until lateish percents, your uairs are badly spaced (I wasn't paying a lot of attention, but I don't think you hit with a single uair while sharking lol), your nados are kind of unsafe, your glide attacks are extremely obvious, and you're just missing punishes, being unsafe in general. And bad stage control, but stage control vs Falco is a bit complicated, so I'd work on the other stuff first (although stage control and ledge pressure go hand in hand).

And STOP DASHING SO MUCH. There's a thing called walking where you retain all of your options. Do it more. And I think I saw more Dsmashes than tilts... >_>

It isn't Falco specific stuff other than not catching on to when he wants the grab. I mean he's being really obvious about going for the grab when you're at 0 every time, and every time (atleast from the second match, didn't watch the first) he'd get it really easily. Other than that, just... work on the basics lol.

idk this IS based on one match, and I only watched it fully once, and then scanned through it a bit a second time, so some of it might be off, but those are my first impressions.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN0uMDbNR6M
you're still just throwing out attacks and you spam dsmash like 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 times whenever falco is in kill %.
you need to mix up more. Stop glide attack after every single SL and your gliding is ugly

you also pick weird options fr example 3:50 flaco is above you why are you dairing

Orion*

Smash Researcher
the sound makes me shudder...
im almost in tears laughing LOOOOL omg

everyone hates on bpc soooo much its so funny

although i have to admit im laughing because its funny and true but still LOOOOL

btw, im AMAZED that you dont use the cstick to dsmash

edit: im having faith that you dont fail at dtilting

NNID
Budget_Player
I actually just reviewed them....

I dunno what it is. Against falco, somehow my brain chokes up. I wouldn't john, but this literally doesn't happen to me against any other character, that I basically devolve into letting MK play himself and losing because of it. It happened to me in wifi matches the other day too... :( I dunno what the hell was wrong with me.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Yeah I know what you mean. I have that problem vs Peach. I just play dumb vs her lol. Like I know how to shut her down, but I play like a ****** against her.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Yeah I know what you mean. I have that problem vs Peach. I just play dumb vs her lol. Like I know how to shut her down, but I play like a ****** against her.
Practice playing consciously against a CPU Peach (or in BPC's case, Falco) until you don't need to think in order to play properly against them. This will not in itself fix the problem, but it helped me get through my own problem with doing that.

Top Bottom