• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victory is My Destiny - MK Video and Critique Thread

crifer

Smash Lord
Actually, I did end up getting better. I managed to take a game off of his lucas, which was a start... I got the advice from you, P4, Orion, and Kaffei, and executed it... it worked. It's almost like watching a different MK.
Yeah, that falco was pretty horrible. There are two more vids coming up from the smashfest that are worth putting up here; me vs. Crifer... I have no idea how to deal with fox, and I have no idea why I lost to his DK after basically wrecking every other DK at the tournament (there were like 6 of them at a 20-person tournament, I **** you not).
I honestly don't know why I did that uthrow. The lucas match... Gah, I kept on ****ing up the grab release and/or accidentally just outright buffering a dthrow (****ing stupid). I'm sure I could've beaten Ravenlord, if I hadn't, you know, made a bunch of ridiculous mistakes. It was pretty bad. :(

What really irks me though? Any critique I get here will wait between a few weeks (if I can end up sparring with some of the locals around here, all of which are... well, kinda bad...) and several months (if I don't, and wait on the next smashfest) before I can test it out/take advantage of it (**** wifi).
@ the falco vid: It´s pretty pointless putting this vid of Nek on youtube, because he actually doesn´t play falco at all ! He didn´t laser right, had no idea of follow ups or how to play falco at all.

Yeah our matches were pretty nice. for me.
You didn´t know how to handle the camping how to punish anything and even didn´t know about grab release to usmash.
My DK was simply better and punched you every time I had time to charge it. + I know how to angle my shield.

NNID
Budget_Player
Yeah crifer, I know. I played badly. But when I say "pretty nice" to matches where I clearly got *****, I mean "pretty nice for me to be able to notice what goes wrong". I mean, I could do that to matches like me vs. Michi or Mac_Jack, where I completely destroyed them, but that wouldn't help me at all, because they're losing to exactly what made me lose to you-my spammy bull****.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
"+ I know how to angle my shield."

you main DK, and you have the worse shield in the game. this is when i stop caring :laugh:

K@0S

Smash Ace
Get back on Marth boards you dutch scrub, you don't need tourneys to make cvs

Hey Orion when will you come to France

crifer

Smash Lord
"+ I know how to angle my shield."

you main DK, and you have the worse shield in the game. this is when i stop caring :laugh:
I main DK and Fox :p

yeah DK has the worst shield in the game. Still, angling my shield was important to get the last kill.

Orion come to Germany!

NNID
Budget_Player

yeah DK has the worst shield in the game. Still, angling my shield was important to get the last kill.

Orion come to Germany!
Lol yeah, when's that match going up? Raven has it, not me. Basically I was tornadoing on top of him silently begging, "Come on, poke it **** you..." And then it didn't and you dsmash'd me. :(

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Get back on Marth boards you dutch scrub, you don't need tourneys to make cvs

Hey Orion when will you come to France
if you team with me ill come whenever you want<3 ;)

Orion come to Germany!
i plan on it, especially if theres something close to the border

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Hi there MK boards. I got another video from a tournament match. Please rate it. And try to watch the whole match ok?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFAoOSvRltQ&feature=related
fixed

the match you picked of yourself was not only boring, but there is like nothing to say. even though you easily won, the video made both of the players involved look bad. i beg everyone here to not sit through it, it is completely awful and a waste of time. however the vid i chose (same tournament) is a much better example.

my general advice would be, stop throwing out random moves that have absolutely no meaning, if you do that vs anyone with Half of a brain, they will just camp until you do **** and **** you for it.

its why you lost to the snake, while both of you did miss a lot of punishes, i feel that match i chose shows where you can improve much better because at least he will actively attack you for just doing ****

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
that's kinda the point of a critique thread anyway, i just can't be mean to people i don't know because:

1. i like making good impressions

2. if the person is relatively new or something they might take it the wrong way and get all bootyhurt over it and quit lol

that's why i only troll people i know... or repeat mk board dwellers.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Orion, this is not a **** combo video thread. If I have mistakes, you are here to help me.
I lost to the Snake and missed lot of punishes because he is a good player and I suck in the matchup. Problem?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I can tell you right off the bat, don't mash out of Fox's grabs when you're at kill percent or really in general. Fox doesn't have a GR on you unless you mash out, and if he tries to get you to air break you can just not mash, ground break, and Dsmash him back

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Orion, this is not a **** combo video thread.
i dont see how thats relevant LMAO

If I have mistakes, you are here to help me.
false, im not some fairy god mother who just critiques every metaknight video they see's. i watched the video and gave my opinion on how you could improve, if you dont like it fine. you dont have to follow everyones advice lmao

I lost to the Snake and missed lot of punishes because he is a good player and I suck in the matchup. Problem?
hence why i chose that video, over the vid where you just do random bull**** on brinstar against a incompetent player lmao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI4tfytr7Lc <- Round two against Nek, that guy whose falco sucked... Was actually pretty close.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1p9-XpHyjQ <- I do NOT know the fox matchup. At all. And I don't remember why I went FD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh5wRn1Cjek <- Lousy crummy stagelist with RC banned *grumble*
ill watch this later tonight

NNID
Budget_Player
I can tell you right off the bat, don't mash out of Fox's grabs when you're at kill percent or really in general. Fox doesn't have a GR on you unless you mash out, and if he tries to get you to air break you can just not mash, ground break, and Dsmash him back
You can not get GR'd? ****, I REALLY don't know that matchup. :laugh: Is this more common?

We went FD because you didn´t strike it :D
Watch my shield at the end of the sconed match, soooo close O.o
I meant the reasoning. As in, "WHY DIDN'T I STRIKE THIS STAGE OH GOD WHYYYY".

ill watch this later tonight
Thanks. :)

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
it's all a matter of knowing when, and when not to mash out, but personally, i don't think you should mash out against fox at any % unless you're incredibly fast and can do it right in the middle of a pummel.

Top Bottom