• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victory is My Destiny - MK Video and Critique Thread

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I took Ally to one stock high% at our MM twice, the other match I sd´d.
Maybe your just not able to rate proberly from videos. I personally don´t think, that you could just come over here and place top 5 at tourneys like BiB.

But I could also be wrong, I don´t acutally know how good you are and I don´t know, how I would do against other americans.

I also know, that I am doing a lot of mistakes and I´m working on it.
I sure will be ready for the americans, when they come over to europe in 2011. ;)

I think I´m also going to upload more videos in here soon, so that you can give me advice, would be very nice, since I want to get much better.
How long ago did you and Ally play though? And just from what I've seen the matches are just very typical cookie cutter matches, basic MK vs Snake stuff, that's all.

Staco

Smash Champion
BBI was like 2 months ago?

But as I said, I´m still doing a lot of mistakes.
I´m going to work on it and show you my progress next year, when the americans come over to europe or when I go to america. ;)

Player-4

See you in 25 years
BBI was like 2 months ago?

But as I said, I´m still doing a lot of mistakes.
I´m going to work on it and show you my progress next year, when the americans come over to europe or when I go to america. ;)
Just depends on who goes to EU for us :lick:

lilseph

Smash Ace
Ok, ill agree that nado is good in certain situations against Marth, but overall you can't go around spamming the hell out of it like against some characters. Marth has a lot of options against nado, and also if MK gets greedy and goes for 18+% on the nado there is a time where Marth can DS out of the nado and get a guarented hit (No, its not if the MK ****s up the nado and the marth can DS, i'm talking about if MK doesnt screw up and just gets greedy). I'm not sure about the specifics on that one, but i remember my friend telling me about it, and it seemed to work.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Nado is good vs Marth in certain sutuations, please don't say no to nado that quickly.
im starting to not like nado vs marth very often either, only in specifc situations, or for reads/option covers
"Often". It all depends on your opponent and his habits.
im starting to not like nado vs marth very often either, only in specifc situations, or for reads/option covers
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

etecoon

Smash Hero
Thank you. 2nd best player in my region is a Marth main and he ****s my MK up so bad when i tornado.
think about how you're using it then? if you're random nadoing from neutral and getting ***** for it, that isn't nado being a bad move, that's the MK player being one dimensional and not knowing the MU

Kaffei

Smash Hero
You =
stand and shield and then attack oos. if the marth is close you ALWAYS GSL oos.

everytime you just stand there i can feel you out and i know you will try to do some sort of approach(usually a dash grab).

you have the same problem a lot of mks have. you just throw out attacks hoping they will hit and you aren't really spacing or reading. 3:19 is a perfect example

Orion*

Smash Researcher
grab > sl if hes that obvious about dbing your shield

dthrow > fthrow
especially at your level of play, you arent going for the proper follow ups for it yet

you stand and shield a lot, and this wont work when you start to play better people, and marths that GRAB

dont just run off stage and throw out an air for the gimp

failed invinc nair at :35
work on your tech skill

teach me how to do :55 LMAO

uuair wouldve been better at 1:13

because you just stand there, you missed punishing him @ 1:30 freeeee juggle

no reason to shield @ 1:37
xD

stop ****ing fthrowing omg

1:42 you wanna send him away from the stage, so even uair may have been better

1:54 either sh uair, walk and do a mixup under him (nado, nair, utilt w/e it requires a read though) or bait upB dont give up stage control

grab @ 2:05

2:23 you made xdeath prouud

idk what was in your head at 2:30
he threw out a hitbox every other time you stood there xD

wow @ 2:49

i already adressed 3:02

uair -> dair at 3:07 cover his options

SL at 3:12

overall not a bad mk at all, just some basic things you need to work on

Orion*

Smash Researcher
at least from the start of match one before i really watch it because i realized i g2g

you roll back way to much, and give up stage control. its not like gaw can do to much to approach you, relax ma du.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Hahahaha, I was thinking the same thing
You guys are a bunch of trolls. :laugh:

In seriousness, I thought that it was a bad option in that situation (Nair or Up-B would have been better/killed), but if he had charged it a bit more then either Marth would be hit, air dodge into the ground and still be hit by Usmash (because it would out-last the air dodge) or Marth would air dodge away and MK might be hit by Marth's Up-B when he recovers (Marth would be unable to follow-up the momentum, though). The way that he used Usmash safely covered every option except air dodging into him (which would have been bad for him). In other words, it was still a good option.

NNID
Budget_Player
OK a few things.

1. All I have is wifi matches, but they're virtually lag-free (very close opponents). Can I present those?
2. What do I do to improve my youtube ul speed? It says it'll take years to UL one vid.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
If it's not that laggy then go ahead I don't mind
as for your upload speed idk

Staco

Smash Champion
I would prefer that you wait until you got some offline matches to upload.

NNID
Budget_Player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBrsk0yryIw&videos=m_zubYIFqjI&feature=BF
Bracket Match game 1 vs. Ravenlord. Ravenlord is one of the top melee players in germany, and he's pretty good at brawl too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai6lt-_xkCQ&videos=m_zubYIFqjI&feature=BF
Bracket match game 3 vs. Ravenlord. Not going for 2 because I know exactly what I did wrong there (i.e. tried to approach someone using the ****ing ice climbers) and I played obscenely poorly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x5QZ1t4Gpc
Brackets game 1 vs. Nek. I made some pretty stupid mistakes near the beginning, but it gets better. Sorry that the sound on all my vids is so ****ed up. :(

All of these vids are from Ravenlord's "Oktoberfest" smashfest...

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I'm uploading a friendly against Tyrant's MK. It's from August and I play a lot differently now, though, but I'd still like critique. Also it was my first time playing high.

I'll put some up of me losing to his Snake and Marth soon.

etecoon

Smash Hero
started watching BPC's nek(falco) vid since we already went over lucas

:14 - accidental drill rush that was supposed to be a tornado I'm assuming. bad, BAD mistake going back towards falco instead of for the ledge during fall special. go for the ledge and even if he grabs you he won't have the ground to pivot boost and chain grab, and if you see him running to edge hog you can adjust to that pretty easily because falco is slow. also think the decision to tornado there is a little questionable, while you can always evade the chain grab by retreating to the platform, it's still likely to be free damage for falco. but #1 thing is to avoid the grab, don't all special right back into falco lol, you got lucky that he didn't pivot grab you and tech chase you

:23 - uthrow to dash attack here is a no no, don't be greedy and try to force follow ups where there isn't one. really you're only going to get that much out of dthrow and fthrow sometimes, uthrow is more base damage but the best you could've done with it would be to walk forward and watch what he does IMO

I actually closed the window and stopped watching shortly after this feeling more like I should be critiquing the falco, sorry :/ he like doesn't camp or pick safe options at all, hard to give you falco advice when he plays like that. you were letting it work though, don't walk into falco's fsmash rofl

etecoon

Smash Hero
his ground game consists almost entirely of "jab > fsmash"

REPEATEDLY

EVEN WHEN IT WASN'T WORKING

NNID
Budget_Player
started watching BPC's nek(falco) vid since we already went over lucas

:14 - accidental drill rush that was supposed to be a tornado I'm assuming. bad, BAD mistake going back towards falco instead of for the ledge during fall special. go for the ledge and even if he grabs you he won't have the ground to pivot boost and chain grab, and if you see him running to edge hog you can adjust to that pretty easily because falco is slow. also think the decision to tornado there is a little questionable, while you can always evade the chain grab by retreating to the platform, it's still likely to be free damage for falco. but #1 thing is to avoid the grab, don't all special right back into falco lol, you got lucky that he didn't pivot grab you and tech chase you

:23 - uthrow to dash attack here is a no no, don't be greedy and try to force follow ups where there isn't one. really you're only going to get that much out of dthrow and fthrow sometimes, uthrow is more base damage but the best you could've done with it would be to walk forward and watch what he does IMO

I actually closed the window and stopped watching shortly after this feeling more like I should be critiquing the falco, sorry :/ he like doesn't camp or pick safe options at all, hard to give you falco advice when he plays like that. you were letting it work though, don't walk into falco's fsmash rofl
Actually, I did end up getting better. I managed to take a game off of his lucas, which was a start... I got the advice from you, P4, Orion, and Kaffei, and executed it... it worked. It's almost like watching a different MK.
Yeah, that falco was pretty horrible. There are two more vids coming up from the smashfest that are worth putting up here; me vs. Crifer... I have no idea how to deal with fox, and I have no idea why I lost to his DK after basically wrecking every other DK at the tournament (there were like 6 of them at a 20-person tournament, I **** you not).
I honestly don't know why I did that uthrow. The lucas match... Gah, I kept on ****ing up the grab release and/or accidentally just outright buffering a dthrow (****ing stupid). I'm sure I could've beaten Ravenlord, if I hadn't, you know, made a bunch of ridiculous mistakes. It was pretty bad. :(

What really irks me though? Any critique I get here will wait between a few weeks (if I can end up sparring with some of the locals around here, all of which are... well, kinda bad...) and several months (if I don't, and wait on the next smashfest) before I can test it out/take advantage of it (**** wifi).

Top Bottom