• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
surely we can fit melee singles, it's just 2 teams tournaments, we used to do 3 anyway, did 2 singles and a teams last time i think

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I am so coming to this. Scrambled Eggs ftw. This idea has been in the making since last year asudjkagdkjhad

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Well if you look at the schedule, teams for both games really doesn't go for 4 hours. And I threw in an hour lunch break. Can definitely throw in Melee singles. Let me tweak the schedule.

Don't worry about it C-Dog!

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
Well if you look at the schedule, teams for both games really doesn't go for 4 hours. And I threw in an hour lunch break. Can definitely throw in Melee singles. Let me tweak the schedule.

Don't worry about it C-Dog!
thank you :>

Dekar289

Smash Hero
for scrambled teams, i'm guessing once the teams are randomized for winners finals, those 2 teams are set for the rest of the tourney?

also, i suggest names be pulled out of a hat in front of everyone for maximum LOL

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Ideally, you should never have the same team twice. In the finals matches, the four people who are there would be randomly put into teams. So say P1 and P2 win the winners finals, and P3 and P4 win losers, in the Grand Final they would be put into different teams, ie: P1+P3 v P2+P4 or P1+P4 v P2+P3. or something

Dekar289

Smash Hero
So say P1 and P2 win the winners finals, and P3 and P4 win losers, in the Grand Final they would be put into different teams, ie: P1+P3 v P2+P4 or P1+P4 v P2+P3. or something
unless you ignore the "winners must beat losers twice" rule, that's not fair. and ignoring that rule would suck balls.
i guess scrambled teams isn't very fair but still... lol

hence why teams set at winners finals should remain the same
at least for the winners, i guess the team who loses would be randomized again at losers finals

but also teams should not HAVE to change, if they randomly are drawn the same it should stick

yeh... imo... per se...

Splice

Smash Hero
I'll try to come to this. It's only like 2 weeks after the last tournament...

Heh, 2010 is going to be a year full of bargaining with parents >__<

I agree with Dekar that for the Grand Final, if it goes into the second set of the Grand Final both teams should remain the same.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
um not just that splice, i mean the team that wins winners finals should stay the same for grand finals also

Splice

Smash Hero
um not just that splice, i mean the team that wins winners finals should stay the same for grand finals also
I don't really know If I agree with that, but OK! :bee:

I have decided I have to come to this;

It's either gonna be fantastic playing with a bunch of different people in teams

Or it's gonna be fun watching as the whole thing falls apart because Scrambled Eggs is fundamentally flawed lol.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Well there in the finals anyway, and the other team would have to be decent to get to the finals, so no matter the pairing the teams should be fairly even.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
kk just so everyone gets what im saying

lets say
A and B win winners finals
C and D win losers finals

if you switch the teams to
A and D vs B and C for grand finals

then you cant enforce the "losers have to beat winners twice" rule, and so:
- even though A and B have been undefeated, if they lose 1 set they are out
- even though C and D have already lost, if they win 1 set they win the tournament

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
"happy birthday mum" from atlas :D

i wonder if larrys gonna show? top guy he is

anyone up for smash anywhere this week?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I have just lugged home a new CW TV. Sony 51cm flat CRTs have the biggest arse and weigh a cusston! My back! On the plus, it's a pretty TV for Smash. I want more.

Just got another one, but 60cm. ****

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i'll MM anyone at mario party (any)
50 turn minimum, no items, no bonuses, most basic map only, we rock off for character selection (after each striking 1) no microphone minigames no 3v1 minigames, and if we get certain unfair minigames we restart the match and play until thing are exactly as they were before the unfair minigame and we hope it picks a fairer minigame

tibs7

Smash Champion
Omg Bernard tomic is ****** right now, everyone shoul be watching the tennis right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom