• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
yo sup melbourne watch a tally tournament

Title: Quit Your Job and Play Some Smash!
Date: 1/30/2010
Host: Fluxx'd up Crew
Tournament Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261131
Livestream Link: http://www.livestream.com/ballistics
Estimated Time of Stream: 12 PM Eastern Standard Time Melee first
Entry Fee: $10 Singles / $10 + $10 = $20 Doubles
Players:
Melee:
Tallahassee: Ballistics, Green Mario, Toobz, Awal
Louisiana: HiIH and cronies
Panama City: Zone, TropicalTaco
Pensacola: Holy Chef, Ram
Gainesville: JSSN, KBM, SEXPUMA, Harriettheguy, Raistlin
Miami: Trikrom3
Brawl:
Tallahasee: JSSN, Somacruz, DBS, Awal, SexPuma
Jacksonville: GeoffMoney,
Pensacola: Benaji, Skaterbaj
Gainesville: JSSN, KBM
Stream Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249284

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
will join the 'monash video game appreciation society' and work out a deal that gets us weekly international majors
are you at monash dekar? we should do lunch sometime lol.

pretty sure the video game club is comprised primarily of computer gamers who dont bathe, but if you check it out and give it the all clear, i may follow. actually, invite them all to my smash tourneys so i can take their money ;)

Surgi

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Temple, trying to find the mirror shield
pretty sure the video game club is comprised primarily of computer gamers who dont bathe, but if you check it out and give it the all clear, i may follow. actually, invite them all to my smash tourneys so i can take their money ;)
lulz. I do have input as I actually went to monash for a game design thing with a couple of Monash's game design lecturers and so on. The games club is mostly comprised of pc gamers like shmot said. I could smell them too badly so i think a 3 day per shower minimumrule must be enforced at monash or something. i dont think smashers are welcome among their kind. T_T

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The tournament is this Saturday! Please come along!

Bring Wiis, Cubes, Melee and Brawl!

TV's are still needed if you are driving in.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The process to make it work is actually quite simple.

You create a singles bracket with each individual player, seeding whatever whatnot (maybe just purely random?)

Each opponent someone has, they have to fight in doubles; with someone else randomly picked in the same round as you on the OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE BRACKET being your team mate and second opponent.

i.e.

Singles Bracket:
(Shaya
Vermy)
(TakFR
MonkeyBoy)
-
(Tibs
Earl)
(Splice
DonkeyBoy)

You have to fight the person in the same bracket position as you
i.e.
Shaya v Vermy,
Tibs v Earl.

But your team mate and your opponent's team mate are picked randomly from the opposite side of the bracket.

i.e. Shaya/Tibs v Vermy/Earl
or Shaya/Earl v Vermy/Tibs
Shaya/DonkeyBoy v Vermy/Splice
etc etc

So the winners obviously move forward whilst the losers are put into the loser's bracket.
No mess.
Very simple.
Final Destination.

It's the best possible solution to it though.

Vermy

Smash Champion
I like eggs. And bacon. And mcmuffins.

I'll be bringing my wii+brawl+hd cables. But my attention will be on Street Fighter more so.

Tak, Timic, we should start a Street Fighter crew. =D
For both 3rd Strike and IV. We all play different characters so it'd work well for CW crews.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Been a while...

Hey guys Cobalt here. Just wondering what you guys have been up to. I totally forgot about the Smash scene (how ******** I know!). I saw Dekar at Monah Uni the other day and I remember ed you guys and whatnot. I couldn't even remember the name of this website lol. I've been busy playing tf2 topping scoreboards with most of the classes - Geez doesn't that sound familiar with another game I used to play.

ANYWAYS, I'll most likely come to the next monthly this weekend and hopefully see you guys there.

P.S. You can reply to me here. I'll be reading and posting like I used to in the old days (hopefully) :)

kupo

Smash Lord
Yay, welcome back Cobalt :).

You'll start to come to monthlies despite the busy schedule with Uni? :3

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I've been busy playing tf2 topping scoreboards with most of the classes - Geez doesn't that sound familiar with another game I used to play.
pretty sure i can top scoreboards with one hand hey, im not actually joking

play competitive (:

join hustlin' with me n j-rad (A-train) n ill teech u how to play

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Yay, welcome back Cobalt :).

You'll start to come to monthlies despite the busy schedule with Uni? :3
Unis have schedules?!:urg:
Don't worry I'll still be coming despite Uni stuff i hope.

Redact vs Cobalt in TF2 k go
pfft we all know who's gonna win that.:laugh:

pretty sure i can top scoreboards with one hand hey, im not actually joking

play competitive (:

join hustlin' with me n j-rad (A-train) n ill teech u how to play
Sounds great. Are you guys any good? Also I got a Macbook (school gave it as a gift to 90+ students) but I don't know how to install TF2 on it. Ya got any clue on this one?

It's really not that hard to top a server in pub lol, comp is way more challenging =)
The only reason I haven't joined competitive TF2 is because I heard it's 6v6 which sounds boring and doesn't appeal to me. I like to jump into 24-man servers so there's ALWAYS action. Besides, in pub servers you can find decent people who can be a challenge to your whole team.

In other news, I just found out that I have a 3-day camp this weekend. :ohwell:
In other words, I...can't...make...it. Sorry guys.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Sounds great. Are you guys any good? Also I got a Macbook (school gave it as a gift to 90+ students) but I don't know how to install TF2 on it. Ya got any clue on this one?
we got forced into the top division when we tried to apply otherwise (we didnt want to try l0l)
we're within the top 5 teams in aus without even playing properly, safe to say were pretty good lol

The only reason I haven't joined competitive TF2 is because I heard it's 6v6 which sounds boring and doesn't appeal to me. I like to jump into 24-man servers so there's ALWAYS action. Besides, in pub servers you can find decent people who can be a challenge to your whole team.
thats about as legit as saying you like ffa items on flatzone because theres always action

in pub servers you can find decent people? your standards are low

and im not actually joking with the stuff ive topped pub with, ive done stuff like put on +forward, play multiple classes and still top score, the stuff that works is so disgusting its amazing

Dekar289

Smash Hero
oh my goodness if he comes surely everyone from like 2006 back comes k confirmed

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Cobalt I can pretty easily top servers with Demoman in pub, doesn't mean i'm any good with him (It's just that pub players love walking straight into meaty pipes =)) I mean i'm super bad at comp, but can top in pub when I don't get packet loss aka lag (Ethernet cable running through wireless router looooool)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
heaps of people play with wireless routers tak
with zero lag

either you need to tweak/config or your router is from aldi

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
The packet loss is only specific to TF2 and L4D2, apparently it's a common issue that has no real solution (increasing rates does nothing =))

Dekar289

Smash Hero
it's a common issue for people who don't adjust/tweak/fix their routers or have aldi routers

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
When you come over, feel free to prove me wrong and fix it

Also pshh why would I get a aldi router, when coles gives me a discount card =P

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
we got forced into the top division when we tried to apply otherwise (we didnt want to try l0l)
we're within the top 5 teams in aus without even playing properly, safe to say were pretty good lol

thats about as legit as saying you like ffa items on flatzone because theres always action

in pub servers you can find decent people? your standards are low

and im not actually joking with the stuff ive topped pub with, ive done stuff like put on +forward, play multiple classes and still top score, the stuff that works is so disgusting its amazing

Fair enough. So say I wanted to join the competitive scene, what would I need to do? There's no tournament finder or regional zones on TF2 forums like there are for Smash.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Fair enough. So say I wanted to join the competitive scene, what would I need to do? There's no tournament finder or regional zones on TF2 forums like there are for Smash.
so youre returning to melee... returning to brawl too?

and are you coming to Don't Come?

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm returning to both games. Since when did I neglect one while attending the other? I haven't checked the date for Don't Come let alone it's location so yeah...

Also what has changed with the tournament scene? Anything major or minor? Lots of new people? Gameplay balance issues? I see "Balanced Brawl" under my posts. What's this about? Someone needs to fill me in yo with all da info bro. Where's X? Can he moonwalk in Melee?! So many questions!!!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
ozfortress is where its at mang

playin pugs and putting yourself out there for teams is how to start
join some rand teams, get to know some people and work your way up (:
takes time and effort

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, i'm flying up on friday and i would love to come to this, can someone tell me how to get there from carlton please, i have no idea how to get around melbourne so i might need a hand, any takers?

edit: scratch that, i'll be fine, see you guys there

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright I'm coming. I'm landing 8.45am on Saturday morning, so I'm gonna be dead tired when it gets to Melee.

It's your chance to get your best shot at beating the Yoshi master!

Cao, I'm leaving at like 7.15am on Sunday, so I'll probly need to take a taxi from your place. Can we book a taxi on Saturday?

Woo smash!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
holy **** this is now a major, book tickets interstaters!

cats must come... all oldies must come, even super oldies like... like people we never even played!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom