• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
No worries Ryan, you don't need to book a cab, I have shuttle tickets to pass on to you, for your return back to Sydney. I live near Southern Cross Station and the Convent.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Im realy interested in the Tatsunoko vs Capcom tourney. where can i get further info on it? such as ruleset or whatever. im new to arcade fighters so i have no idea how the rules work. thx

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Please Bring TVs, Wiis, Cubes, Brawl and Melee for tomorrow please!

If you guys are good, I'll set up the projector!

Myst Walker

Smash Apprentice
Congratulations Tak!

And zomg sup ryan! Are you going to be there tommorow? Haven't spoken to you in a while lol.

Onwards to business.

There's a bunch of TV's at my place that have been used for smash throughout most of last year. As some of you may know, my car recently died, leaving me without vehicle for transport. Now I can still get to monthlies, but bringing the TV's is out of the question.

Soooo, I am putting this out to you guys. Does anyone here drive and want to lug along a spare tv to monthlies? The upside is you get a tv to do whatever you want with for the rest of the month! They're a bit scratched at the front, it won't replace your current tv by any means, but they're perfectly good smash tv's.

Oh, and they're heavy. Just letting you know beforehand, they are old relatively large crt's.

Give me a shout if anyone is interested, there's no time limit.

More of you guys need to get your P's already, and start driving! =p

I'm looking at you Tak/Atticus/Redact!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
got a good game to premiere tommorow
get hype
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aTF-7d4gTI
im not joking ill get it there

doing mms 5 dollars up
redact wins at life. its amazing. the special moves are especially amazing <3

@tak: you get to go to uni with tibor! how unlucky! dekar, on the other hand, got a perfect draw... monash with attila ;)

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
I always switch between Clayton and Caulfiled, so i can spread some love.
Cant wait to see you, Attila and Dekar at uni. It'll be hilarious. My Clayton ulehs.
Also, congrats Tak for getting into RMIT Photography! =D

Dekar289

Smash Hero
bringer MM me i'll show you whats up son

new school vs old school
actually moar like cheap school vs old school
yayuhzz

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry to get your hopes up guys. I booked the wrong flight.

Due to my horrible incompetence in this matter, I will not be attending the tournament. In fact, I don't think I will come at all, as landing at 9pm and leaving at 7am on Sunday isn't really worth it.

*Insert any number of swear words here*

Sorry guys.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
just tell the airline that your one of the best yoshi's in the world and it'll be all good, if I were in charge of an airline, I wouldnt want to **** around one of the best yoshis in the world.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Especially considering second round intakes tend to be low.

Teach me all the photography tricks of the trade Tak! I'm so happy for you that you actually get to do what you want, none of this silly Lilydale **** :estatic:

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Fun day today. Now that we have done it, I can say that Scrambled Eggs is a good idea, in theory. However in practice, it has one rather glaring flaw; whoever teams with Earl wins. ;P

Surgi

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Temple, trying to find the mirror shield
Ok. people time for shoutouts :D

First off Cao - man I can't believe you kncocked me out of the winners bracket, then carried me a match then knocked me out of the losers O.O you shouldnt have transferred.

Secondly Redact - Man I had a really hard time against you I am pretty proud I got you to 2 stocks and 1 stock. I think a few more matches and a bit of luck i might have been able to take a game or two.

Larry - Lulz man we are so even its not funny. If I hadn't wasted that first match on marth then you would have had a harder matchup. Great games I almost took that last game with a comeback but it wasn't to be.

Dekar - We didn't play much but I'm glad I had a chance to get my *** handed to me by you.

Timic - Always good to play against you man. You're a really hard matchup to beat especially those icies.

Thundermistress - LOL haha funniest games i have ever played :D. hahaha I still count that ganon suicide as your win. ^^ We definatly have to play more you can practice. And learn to play somone who isnt pikachu.

IceK - I dunno if you go on smashboards but your a good player man. Peach dittos were fuun but cao proved too good with pichu D:<

Vermy - Great games man. One of the best young links i've played lol. Keep working man you could be great if you practiced. Bad luck with the sd's in our two matches.

Toshi - man your too good for me. Couldn't beat you man its too hard.

Sorry if I have forgotten anything I know there was some more people I played but that I didn't know like the guy play subspace emissary.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Fun day today. Now that we have done it, I can say that Scrambled Eggs is a good idea, in theory. However in practice, it has one rather glaring flaw; whoever teams with Earl wins. ;P
So what are you trying to say Condog? i didnt only team with Earl, and i didnt drop a single game in the whole tourney :p.

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
shoutouts woot 5th in melee (and tatsunoko... i think)

redact - sorry you felt that way about the tv, i honestly didnt see it as being that bad at all, ggs
em - WOW ur peach is amazing ggs
caotic - yes i took a set off u! :D
dude i vsed itn tatsu with yetterman - he is soo op i shoulda won XD
ledge - peach isnt gay but ike in tatsu is :p
vermy - no 3s :( will remember to play tomoz, ggs in sf4 ;)
everyone else - ggs and good to be back in bizniss

all in all im very proud and i think the range of the characters i play really helped me with cps this tourny :D

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Fun games all day today, thank you everyone.

@Tak: Very good fox, it's getting better and better.
@Em: Too good with the sheik. Be happy that you have to fight to win, you'll get to improve your game because of it. :D
@Dekar: Good to see you again. I'm LOVIN THE KNEE
@Jei: Good playing you again, it was nice that we could team well. We'll have to try it sometime.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Thanks for coming everyone!

Results:

Melee Singles:
1: Dekar
2: Emily
3: CAOTIC (Retired)
4: Mikul
5: Tak
5: Timic
7: Redact
7: Toshi
9: Jei
9: Forte
9: Ledge
9: Larry
13: Earl
13: Feri
13: Elfen
13: Unlucky
17: Kier
17: Plasia
17: Myst
17: JJJJ
17: Alex
17: Vermy
17: Nick
17: Darcy
25: OMG NO WAI
25: Ice K
25: Dino
25: X

Scrambled Eggs Results:

Too confusing to read, even after reading the manual brackets. I might try harder when I have more time and patience.

Next month we should have our projector setup up and running. The new PA system and TVs worked a treat.

Good to see new Melee talent (Kier, Alex, Mikul's friend) and well as new emerging good players like Timic and Toshi.

Till next time, hope you see you all back again!

kupo

Smash Lord
Good start to the year of Melee. It's amazing (and frightening) that the level of smash has somehow increased significantly. Originally I thought crews will be one sided, but i'll be looking forward to new improvements and upsets. Don't come will be something amazing!

Shoutouts ~
Cao: Controller johns >_>. Next time! I need Peach training! I feel like I'm going downhill.

Dekar: No point in trying to win the third match since it was time to pack up. Like I always say, I hope to be more of a challenge next time.

Toshi: WOW. Smooth Fox! I'm envious of your play style. Definitely one of the players to look out for.

Timic: You would've ***** my Sheik and Falco. That was a really close match against your Jiggs.

Ledge: Amazing tips. Brawl Marth > Melee Marth imo ;3

Tak: Either you've improved or I've just gone bad. Think it's time to throw the towel haha. GG's. Glad I didnt have to play Dekar LOL!

Kier + Alex: For a first monthly without outside competition, you guys played exceptionally well. Hope to see more of you both at Dont come!

Mikul: Sorry for being lame. I've always had this grudge against your Falcon and the desire to beat it as much as I can with Sheik. Good games though! You'll get me back one day!

Well played everyone! Time to practice third strike and get owned by Straz.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Good Monthly and a great start as the amount of participants for melee has increased <3, the amount of skill

Shoutouts:

Cao: Peach controller what? As always you've been one of my favorite people to hang around with (Despite the circumstances in some cases aka the hospital =/) Hopefully I can do better against you now that I can actually waveshine >=D. Also i'll teach you anything from the course that I learn but for now you're way better then I am (Yeah Lilydale would have been ****, don't want to go to a uni where there is nothing around =))

Dekar: First match was stupid from me, second match was good though. Also don't care if you got first you're still no good <3

Em: Must have a rematch where we are both playing well, that set was not a real indication for either of us :p As always it's good to talk with you, (ps I can teach you what little I know about Third Strike if you want =))

Redact (******): Sorry about the complete fail in teams, was really out of it =/. Still one of the funniest and best people to mess around with =D PRETTY FIGHTER RANBAT YEHBOI :)

Mikul: Ahhhh I always dread playing you, it's always so close and the last stock is always the decider. Playing you is always the best way of indicating if I have gotten better from the last tourney =)

X: Come smash some more bros with us, also 25th place what you're better then that :)
oh btw as an indication of the first round in teams X is the best fox in Victoria XD

Earl: Was always too busy to talk to you =/ it looks like you have improved significantly, your potential is so high it's scary.

Toshi: Wow you're Fox is good, just keep playing it and it will become more consistent then your Falco because from what i've seen of you playing it has more potential then your Falco to the point where it could easily be a contender for the top 5 at least =)

Forte: Seriously you have some of the worst luck i've ever heard of =(, hope your eye gets better soon man

Timic: All I can say is... WOW
You really did pick up every bit of advice people have given you and you're skill has increased tenfold, I mean top 5 finish in the first tourney of the year is amazing considering how you place last year. Really i can't wait for a major for you to play against an OOS member as they will underestimate you and pay the price for it.

Larry: Wow congrats on the top 10 placing man, you've definatly improved :)

Atticus: 3000 word essay due in on Monday, get ***** idiot =)

Surgi

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Temple, trying to find the mirror shield
O.O No one mentioned me. -_- Especially Cao even after we teamed so well and then we went 1 for 1 for 2 stocks in scrambles. Sigh every forgets the peach players

Btw tim the tv was ****e.

You guys what happened to make someone go to hospital? Was it to do with Forte's eye?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
You guys what happened to make someone go to hospital? Was it to do with Forte's eye?
fortes eye just got worse than it already was, wasnt flash

we went to a pharmacy but it wasnt open, so we ended up taking him to the hospital

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Em: LOL That feels like b@stardry, cat's style to me. What about my falcon gives you a grudge? But keep playing Sheik against me, I could do with more work on that match up.

_X_

Smash Lord
Shouting at people.

Tak: Good to see Tak enjoying himself again ^_^

Cao: <3

Redcats: Good to see you bro, we nevar hang out any moarz </3

Em: Also <3

Miklz: You did a tech skill bro, pretty amazing

Toshi: You're pretty amazing, huh?

CWs: Epic turnout guys, I'm super glad to see everyone doing so well <3 Maybe the CWs are really Australia's best Fighter T.Os. Maybe it's where smash is headed too... HMMM... or.. <_<

Brian: </3

D00kar: You're so amazingly amazing. It's pretty amazing.

Unlucky: Good to see you again man.

EDIT: OMFG FORTE: ILY BRAH, HOPE MY FIGHTING CLASS HELPS YOU NOT GET ROLL'D. IF YOU FIND HIM LET TAK KNOW SO TAK CAN SMASH HIM TAK IS SUPER AMAZING - HE PLAYED STREET FIGHTER ONCE!

But srs <3 man hope your eye is 100% ASAP

New people I just met: I'm the awesome guy with the awesomely long hair who smashes bros and ... hurts promiscuous women (Tak will get it ;) ... maybe 4 other brawl people)

People I forgot: Soz bros <3

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Was a good Tourney, i enjoyed it. G'Games to all i played.

Nice to meet you Emily. Your Amazing ;3.

_X_, I cant believe i choked against you so hard in TvC i wish it was best of 3 lol, guess i need to get used to the competitive arcade fighter metagame. next time :p.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
k shoutouts

Redact: holy smoke man so good, coming first in blazblue with the power of blocking overhead crossups

Atticus: douchebag

tibs7

Smash Champion
Who won tvc?what was the prize?
And dekar won melee? So he beat caos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom