• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If this is of interest to anyone here,

THQ is sponsoring CouchWarriors for the first Tatsunoko vs. Capcom tournament for the Wii. There's several copies of the game to give away, and no one knows how to play the game, so if you enter, you could walk away with a goody. Smashers have an advantage over other fighting game compeititors by knowing how to use a Gamecube control or a wiimote, so you may as well enter on the side.

Vermy

Smash Champion
HOLY CRAP I'MMA WIN THIS.

Smash+Street Fighter Exp = INSTA WIN.

Y'all are gunna get a beat down.

Sieg

Smash Champion
No one knows how to play?

Do you really think that Cao? lol.

It's been out in *** for a while lol.

Although it is a very untouched game, it is still the spiritual predecessor to MVC2. Watch out for some big MVC names if you go to this lol.

Other than that, good luck. It's a fantastic game, and I can't wait for the new charas lol.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i'm going to get the game this weekend
and practice

and practice

and practice for 8 seconds until i'm bored and then play some more mw2

played VVVVVV btw, soooo good, get it now!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yayuhzzzzz
thanks for hosting bryan, gives me extra incentive to come get my phone lol <3

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
No one knows how to play?

Do you really think that Cao? lol.

It's been out in *** for a while lol.

Although it is a very untouched game, it is still the spiritual predecessor to MVC2. Watch out for some big MVC names if you go to this lol.

Other than that, good luck. It's a fantastic game, and I can't wait for the new charas lol.
They're doing the Super Street Fighter IV thing, as you said - adding new characters but also re-balancing the game, not sure how radical the changes will be.
I dont know anyone but one person who has this game, so this'll be interesting for the rest of us. haha. I'll just be button mashing through this one. Btw, are there TvC arcade sticks or are the GC/Classic controllers suffice?

DEKAR! I'm not hosting tomorrow because i'm not free. Tibs is just being an ***, but you can pick your phone up still.

(Also for light Zelda reading, regarding Wii rumours: http://wii.kombo.com/article.php?artid=15570)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
kk ill tell you guys how to play tsunako vs capcom
k pick some top tier character like magneto or cable or something
how to combo
a -> b -> c

if that hits do a super after if u have meter

if not i dunno, waggle the wiimote or something

dont forget uppercuts are the bomb

Sieg

Smash Champion
There are Wii sticks, but I haven't seen anyone with them.

I'd only get one if I could get GG AC with it aswell lol.

tibs7

Smash Champion
i am not sure i can make this T_T 2 tournies in 2 days.
but i want to play TvC. what to do, what to do

kupo

Smash Lord
IMO, there's no [insert character name here] and [insert character name here] that makes the better team. Sure you may have the character advantage over others, but it's an entire different mind set compared to singles. Any team can work providing you can back yourself and your other teammate up and most importantly, not die stupid deaths and hit your teammate. Whoop.

Tibs, come to Melee. You know you want to. ;3

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
IMO, there's no [insert character name here] and [insert character name here] that makes the better team. Sure you may have the character advantage over others, but it's an entire different mind set compared to singles. Any team can work providing you can back yourself and your other teammate up and most importantly, not die stupid deaths and hit your teammate. Whoop.

Tibs, come to Melee. You know you want to. ;3
thats like saying that link is better than marth if played right and in the right mindset.
there are teams out there that are the best setup (guessing fox+peach/jiggs or something)

but it hasnt been anywhere near as heavily discussed as singles, nor does it really matter in the end since aus players arent exactly the pinnacle of the smash meta game

play whatever, the best players still win unless you pick like ******* (double bowser isnt a good team vs double sheik)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Your attendance here would help Robocop, Tibs. We do need regular turnouts to support major events.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
I'm interested in getting some practice in Redact, name a day next week and i'll do my best to turn up on the day. (I'll need directions to your place from box hill station though lol)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
wut i cant host, someone that lives in a house host

my place is a drug den, atticus told me my landlord stashes drugs in our rooms ):

Dekar289

Smash Hero
will join the 'monash video game appreciation society' and work out a deal that gets us weekly international majors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom