• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I can watch it many times! Such a wubby movie.

Also, the 2010 season will kick off in February. CouchWarriors is having an AGM sometime next week to plot for national domination and I shall be in attendance. I will be changing the forumla of Smash within the CW lineup so just stay tuned as more info arises.

isthattim?

Smash Ace
Hai y'all,
some of you might remember me from rocky, if not my name is Tim and i play doc (badly).
My GF just got a job working at the peter mac cullum centre so i will be moving to melbourne late march-ish
as such it would be appreciated if people could tell me where the good suburbs are for public transport and **** (drop me a pm so this thread doesn't get too off topic) and also i'll probs start coming to your smash meets etc.
also i hear you guys are pretty good at 2d fighters

look forward to living in your city.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
live in the city if you can, the closer the better obv for pub transport, otherwise i guess box hill is better than most due to having a good bus depo, and theres an arcade and me there

tibs7

Smash Champion
probs best to live in hawthorn/camberwell tbh. good restaurants, its close to the city but not to far. and nice people live around there =)
a fellow doc finally.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hai y'all,
some of you might remember me from rocky, if not my name is Tim and i play doc (badly).
My GF just got a job working at the peter mac cullum centre so i will be moving to melbourne late march-ish
as such it would be appreciated if people could tell me where the good suburbs are for public transport and **** (drop me a pm so this thread doesn't get too off topic) and also i'll probs start coming to your smash meets etc.
also i hear you guys are pretty good at 2d fighters

look forward to living in your city.
Melbourne, East Melbourne, Richmond, Brunswick, Carlton, Parkville, Kew, Hawthorn, Camberwell, South Yarra, Prahran, St.Kilda, Elwood, Albert Park, Windsor, Toorak, Fitzroy, and all subrubs around there. Avoid everything else.

And welcome!

Coincidentally, in APril I will be searching for a new place in Melbourne to live as well.

Surgi

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Temple, trying to find the mirror shield
Melbourne, East Melbourne, Richmond, Brunswick, Carlton, Parkville, Kew, Hawthorn, Camberwell, South Yarra, Prahran, St.Kilda, Elwood, Albert Park, Windsor, Toorak, Fitzroy, and all subrubs around there. Avoid everything else.

And welcome!

All these places are the most expensive places to live in melbourne. If you have a spare 10-15 million i would suggest these places as well as North Carlton. If you want somewhere affordable I might suggest Tthe Ascot Vale/Moonee Ponds/Essondon areas as well as North Melbourne. They are affordable, nice restaurants, good shopping (highpoint is llike 10 mins away) excellent public transport (has the 57, 59 tram lines which both run straight into the city and are about 4-5 train stops from Southern cross and Flinders street). A drive to the city from any of these places takes roughly 15 minutes and maybe 30 on public transport but you will rarely need to as there are various shopping location in these parts. In any case I take the tram to school every morning and it doesn't bother me so you should be fine. Just take it into consideration. Also we have the second best YMCA building in victoria ^^

Nice locations Cao. Isnt it a bit pricey? :p
Yus, yus it is.

Coincidentally, in APril I will be searching for a new place in Melbourne to live as well.
Cao you should also consider these places.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If you're renting, all of those places I mentioned have very affordable options. Of course you can pay as much as you like, but there are many places within these areas (especially in areas where students and other young people live) that start about around $100pw, per person.

Surgi - No one's talking about buying. I live in East Melbourne on a very average income (a 10 minute walk to the MCG), and I would consider a 30 minute public transport ride into the city completely unacceptable given how unreliable public transport can be if you live in the suburbs and have to rely on it on a daily basis - not worth it.

But yes, the inner north works too - North Fitzroy, Carlton, Clifton Hill, Ascot Vale, Kensington, Northcote, blah blah blah :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Date confirmed, first post overhaul for the new season will be up shortly.

Next installment will have Melee and Brawl 2v2 scrambled eggs!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
23:30 - redact: when are you coming back to play melee
23:30 - cobalt: this year

he aint ded

also

23:29 - redact: what enter did you get
23:29 - redact: lol
23:29 - cobalt: 96.6

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer

The CW AGM went ahead pretty well today. Positions were selected with Loki and Zan assuming President roles, although Loki will be gearing down. Nick and CAOTIC are now assuming vice-president roles in CW.

CW currently has 3 dedicated TV's for Smash, but now we are looking to purchase an additional 4 flat CRTs, so we will soon no longer need players to bring in TV's for Smash for regular monthly tournaments.

CW currently has 10 tables for event usage, but we are now looking to purchase around an additional 5 tables.

Smash will now have a permanent projector and 70" screen. We are also getting a new PA system to share.

Regarding sponsorship of a player for Robocop, the committee decided that the money should go into the pot and if a foreign player wanted to come here and claim it, they should fly over to win it. I'm cool with that. Inflated pots for everyone!

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
I was going to go to that, but I really had no clue of how I could have contributed to discussion so held a meet instead =/

Wow permanent projector for smash is amazing, the only thing that could make it even better would be recording equipment as well

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
We already have a permanent DVD-R for Smash (supplied by Javi), but we never use it because everyone uses their laptops and whatnot.

kupo

Smash Lord
A projector for every monthly for smash? This is going to be sooo rad.

Recording equipment? Since when do people use their laptops to record? >_> Dont recall seeing any recording made.

Surgi, it'd be most likely higher than Rocky. People that missed out the last, will most likely want to attend this.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It'll have Street Fighter 4, Street Fighter 3:TS, Tekken 6, the new TvC game, and the new Blaz Blue.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
we will soon no longer need players to bring in TV's for Smash for regular monthly tournaments.

we are now looking to purchase around an additional 5 tables.

Smash will now have a permanent projector and 70" screen. We are also getting a new PA system to share.
this is all great news

explain scrambled teams kthx
obviously random teammates, but does that change every round? if so, are we still doing double elim bracket, or pools?

inb4 cao infracts this and im banned again

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Double Elimination and the teammates are selected randomly every round, the potential teammates have to be in the same bracket as you however (either in winners or losers)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
This, and I'm gong to have to construct a manual wallpaper bracket for this, since TM2 or Tio won't know how to deal with scrambled eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom