• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Don't Get Bashed - Results on post #736 (default top of page 50)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
unless cao changes die hard to fresh prince of norfair, looks like i'm running the #1 tourney of 2011
will be contacting silentspectre and mango in the coming weeks

Vermy

Smash Champion
Fresh Prince of Norfair was my idea waaaaaaay back in '08.

If people want to step up and give me a hand in organising it, I'd be happy to see it as a major in the first half of 2011. Would have a different twist on it, as Don't Come did. I've been thinking about it since RC, but I'll need a hand. I'm pretty sure I can count on Conor, but I want this to be BIG, so more hands will be needed.

Splice

Smash Hero
I'd be happy to help as Brawl TO Vermy depending on what time of the year it is held.

Vermy

Smash Champion
At this point in time, I'm thinking Easter school holidays. I want to space it out approximately 6 months from BAM 2011.

Three games to run:
Brawl
Melee
Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Bricks will be ****. MvC3 release is due by the end of q1 of 2011, so I'd like to hold a tourney for it at my major.

So far those interested in helping are Splice for Brawl and Redact (for what I assume is Melee)

Stay tuned for more details about Fresh Prince of Norfair.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
december 11 confirmed
as the thread title implies i will also be providing a fresh mango for the winner

@timic: brawl ruleset is fine, got great feedback lol
melee i'm removing mute city and maybe corneria also lol

Dekar289

Smash Hero
nobody wants that ****

i'll bring my character from me2 on a usb stick, i'm a spectre and i'm also a very silent person

Dekar289

Smash Hero
nope, goin strict pound 4
not like you need mute city luke
just more up throw to combo, i'm tipping you to beat tak lol

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well I took out jei, so I guess tak is next.

I'll misfire so fast he'll have a seizure

Splice

Smash Hero
MMMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTEEEE
CIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:c

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
apparently CPing me to mute city in pools is taking me out. That's like saying I was the clear winner in the match before that. You will probs be the only person to know what I'm talking about Luke.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
unless cao changes die hard to fresh prince of norfair, looks like i'm running the #1 tourney of 2011
will be contacting silentspectre and mango in the coming weeks
Probably more dependent on wether I am in Melbourne or not in 2011. Will find out shortly.

EDIT - Oh. Just checked my email. Shortlisted for an interview in Canberra for a position in a region called Mindoro Oriental, Philippines... eep.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
remember the time i left in 2006 and melbourne ended up with seat3/theft? don't let it happen again! new generation TOs will do an excellent job if i end up working in asia

also if i end up going, it'll be from apr 2011 to mar 2012, and i'll have to get the best to available in melbourne to take over my position as vice-p in CW. it's actually a lot of work and responsibility but you'll get a lot of power and leverage with it -- inc. the ability to direct die hard, and direct control of smash's share in the CW bank, which i think is somewhere around 40% of the 5-6K in total.

but let's not jump the gun yet, just assume i'm staying.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
jei for TO of australia
use smash bank money to get tahlia into snsd2
????
PROFIT!

i dun remember seat 3 theft, only jei, turtle and co theft at rambo
are you talking about smashers stealing from other smashers?!
sounds like good story though
smash stories <3 <3

tibs7

Smash Champion
I will gladly do this, or Attila will, or both of us.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
theft was a pseudo-acronym for SEAT3, because CATS jokingly saw it as a tournament where Shaz took everyone's money. no dramas there, TOs do it all the time

tibi <3 - get some exp first, along with attila if you're being serious

Dekar289

Smash Hero
au contraire neither red, tibs or attila have run tourneys? *cough*jei
doesn't matter anyway, as cao said how bout we assume he's staying.
so stupid tak ffs

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I wish I lived in Sydney for the $29 flights >_>

It costs more to fly Bris to Syd than Bris to Melb...

Dekar289

Smash Hero
mm $140 return from brissy, ouch
[00:41] <+atticx> so dec 11, ideal
understander appearance looking likely

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i would not consider doing this. i am neither dedicated enough, experienced enough, and do not have enough spare time to do the job properly. tibor spoke before I'd said anything.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
I've written this in permanent marker on my calendar. See you there.

I was at THEFT, I was robbed of $40 or something to pay Shaz's rent at the caravan park.

Smash story for Dekar: I would have come 3rd in the low tier tournament if Jon didn't cheat. He was on 140% about to get 3 stocked, DK vs Roy. Then the cube suspiciously had a dirty disk error and we "absolutely had to" replay the match from scratch. Then I did my famous SD thing and lost.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
should just make it a respawn tourney

not joking

im seriously not joking

the respawn guys would be more than keen to help us run something there

dekar + whoever organizes brawl, talk to me

Dekar289

Smash Hero
sundays suck, besides uhh it's a church lol
this won't happen at respawn, either, not to rule out some sort of smaller competitive smash tourney at respawn

- don't wanna have it end of november since some very sexy meets are forming and it's too soon to give interstaters proper notice
- too close to christmas is also bad

dgb: 2011

Vermy

Smash Champion
I have just recently been given the news that my family (not including yourd truly) will be on holidays somewhere around December 4. This will mean a second Wumborama. Those of you who were in the scene in '08 and attended (Jei, Redact, Bryan, Cao, Amaterasu, X, Devil, Ice K and several more) will remember an awesome meet with 5 setups, much drinking and X passing out on the couch.

Since my home will be practically vacant, I will be able to have people stay the night, however numbers will be limited. Jei and Conor get first preference. And rules are, if you intend on staying the night, you need to bring your own sleeping gear. If you don't intend on sleeping, you're welcome to Smash 'til Dawn.

This will be a primarily Brawl meet, but I welcome set ups for melee if you bring your own TVs. Speaking of which, if people could bring their own TVs, that'd be amazing. I'll start a thread once I have a set date.

For now, who's interested?

Top Bottom